Subject: "Tissen is out" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #91788
Show all folders

DervishFri 16-Apr-10 05:51 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#91788, "Tissen is out"

Well, what to say. I was pickpocket with few binder skills, sphere Greed, and I clearly had no chance in one on one battle against almost anyone, even with top eq I had.

So I played him like scout, support and 'call cavalry squad' char. Helped mages to find their sleeks, and so on.
I also enjoyed to grief ####heads like Zri and so on. I did not steal much, especially in my mid-late life, most of the times I just knocked out and walked away.

Thanks to Padwei for inducting me and not bothering me with RP issues. I just dont like to RP (though I like when others do).

Huge "booo" to Imms for not giving me a title. I dont speak about immexp or tattoo or virtues, but jeez, one ####ing title? No

The drawback of my char was that its highly dependable on others, since I cant PK myself. So when Arle deleted and Nnaeshuk (NRRRAAAAARRR!) Heroimmed, I lost interest and died to some imperial duergar.

See you in the fields.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Tissen is out, Daevryn, 16-Apr-10 07:44 PM, #5
Reply Oh! I thought helping people in IC way is okay, no? nt, Dervish, 16-Apr-10 07:50 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Oh! I thought helping people in IC way is okay, no?..., sorlag (Anonymous), 16-Apr-10 07:56 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Oh! I thought helping people in IC way is okay, no?..., Daevryn, 16-Apr-10 08:54 PM, #9
          Reply Can you explain please? How could I do this better? nt, Dervish, 16-Apr-10 09:03 PM, #10
               Reply For starters..., Pro, 16-Apr-10 11:14 PM, #11
                    Reply RE: For starters..., Dervish, 16-Apr-10 11:15 PM, #12
                         Reply Uh. RP is kind of necessary for that. -nt-, Mekantos, 17-Apr-10 12:58 AM, #13
                              Reply RE: Uh. RP is kind of necessary for that. -nt-, Dervish, 17-Apr-10 01:16 AM, #14
                                   Reply Some examples..., Amberion, 17-Apr-10 04:13 AM, #15
                                        Reply Thanks, I got the idea nt, Dervish, 17-Apr-10 04:16 AM, #16
                                             Reply Start simple, CharlieWaffles, 17-Apr-10 06:56 AM, #17
Reply You do know that you just contradicted yourself here?, Amberion, 16-Apr-10 06:45 PM, #1
     Reply Yeah, perhaps you are right. Still I wanted to get my l..., Dervish, 16-Apr-10 06:48 PM, #2
     Reply You did not set one to reward. n t, Rayihn, 16-Apr-10 07:36 PM, #3
          Reply Oh, everday learn something new. Thanks! :P nt, Dervish, 16-Apr-10 07:41 PM, #4
     Reply Nah, Biklaha had title and nice one so you are wrong. n..., MRSK, 16-Apr-10 08:14 PM, #8
          Reply How I think titles work., thendrell, 17-Apr-10 09:22 AM, #18

DaevrynFri 16-Apr-10 07:44 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91796, "RE: Tissen is out"
In response to Reply #0

> Helped mages to find their sleeks, and so on.

FYI, whenever you were doing this it always came across as 800% OOC to me.

DervishFri 16-Apr-10 07:50 PM
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#91797, "Oh! I thought helping people in IC way is okay, no? nt"
In response to Reply #5

nt

sorlag (inactive user)Fri 16-Apr-10 07:56 PM
Charter member
#91798, "RE: Oh! I thought helping people in IC way is okay, no?..."
In response to Reply #6

If I'm in a valid RP position to do so, I tend to help people find their sleeks when I'm playing a mage myself.

For whatever reason, even though I guess it's perfectly plausible for a veteran thief to have the same knowledge a veteran mage does as to valid sleek locations, I've always avoided handing out that information as a non-mage. It just seems the slightest bit awkward that a hero fighter is schooling a mage on the most secret, powerful mage stuff. But again, if your thief knows that ally mage Bob's sleek black is on Tarus, then why shouldn't you help other people by telling them about that?

Depends on the context, I guess.

DaevrynFri 16-Apr-10 08:54 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91800, "RE: Oh! I thought helping people in IC way is okay, no?..."
In response to Reply #6

Sure, but what you were doing never seemed remotely IC.

DervishFri 16-Apr-10 09:03 PM
617 posts
#91801, "Can you explain please? How could I do this better? nt"
In response to Reply #9

nt

ProFri 16-Apr-10 11:14 PM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
776 posts
#91803, "For starters..."
In response to Reply #10

Play each character as if it's a living being...that doesn't have DIO's.

DervishFri 16-Apr-10 11:15 PM
617 posts
#91804, "RE: For starters..."
In response to Reply #11

Can you be more concrete? Also, I dont wish to RP, I prefer trash chars for now. But how could I help mages in more stylish way?

MekantosSat 17-Apr-10 12:58 AM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91806, "Uh. RP is kind of necessary for that. -nt-"
In response to Reply #12

asf

DervishSat 17-Apr-10 01:13 AM
617 posts
#91807, "RE: Uh. RP is kind of necessary for that. -nt-"
In response to Reply #13
Edited on Sat 17-Apr-10 01:16 AM

Three of you said one thing "you should RP". Okay, I got it, I am not that stupid. Now tell me HOW should I RP my willing to help?

When I said I dont wish to RP I meant I dont wish to make completely RP char, with big and nice role and so on. But this thing I am talking about I probably could RP better.

AmberionSat 17-Apr-10 04:13 AM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#91808, "Some examples..."
In response to Reply #14

My imperials usually sells the information to others. And says things like: During my travels I've seen plenty of mages lurking around ****** attempting to kill ******. I believe that some powerful artifacts can be found there. Or if my char actually have seen somone get a black rod from that place I'd say just that.

It's all about how you say it:

Hey, if you kill Tarus he might have a black rod.

or

I've heard rumors that Tarus posses great powers, perhaps he holds the rod you seek?

Stuff like that. Sure, it takes longer time to write and think through... But seriously, RP is about EFFORT.

I hope this helps.

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

DervishSat 17-Apr-10 04:16 AM
617 posts
#91809, "Thanks, I got the idea nt"
In response to Reply #15

nt

CharlieWafflesSat 17-Apr-10 06:56 AM
Member since 05th Sep 2009
42 posts
#91810, "Start simple"
In response to Reply #16

First off, use a role (either written or mental) to explain two basic things - why did Tissen (the character, not you the player) want to help mages find their sleeks, how did Tissen acquire the knowledge of where to look?

AmberionFri 16-Apr-10 06:45 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#91790, "You do know that you just contradicted yourself here?"
In response to Reply #0

1: You don't like to RP and don't RP.
2: You want a title...

RP and Titles are closely linked. No RP = no title.

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

DervishFri 16-Apr-10 06:48 PM
617 posts
#91792, "Yeah, perhaps you are right. Still I wanted to get my l..."
In response to Reply #1

nt

RayihnFri 16-Apr-10 07:36 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#91793, "You did not set one to reward. n t"
In response to Reply #2

help last name, yo.

DervishFri 16-Apr-10 07:41 PM
617 posts
#91795, "Oh, everday learn something new. Thanks! :P nt"
In response to Reply #3

nt

MRSKFri 16-Apr-10 08:14 PM
Member since 06th May 2008
204 posts
#91799, "Nah, Biklaha had title and nice one so you are wrong. n..."
In response to Reply #1

nt

thendrellSat 17-Apr-10 09:22 AM
Member since 08th May 2009
134 posts
#91811, "How I think titles work."
In response to Reply #8

Bored at work, so posting a random thought about titles here. And I believe Biklaha was the very rare do something bad-ass while being snooped and was given a title case.

From what I usually see titles are designed around cabal/than class/than role, with cabal choice being of primary importance. Race and gender are more just for using the proper terms.

So if you are:
Fortress you get righteous/protector type titles.
Imperials usually get something related to strength and order.
Ragers tend to get something to do with war/magic destruction type titles.
Scions get dark/death styles usually. (and most of them seem to get titled, but that may be because of the nature of who plays scions and what is expected of them)
For tribunals it always relates to law/justice.
Outlanders get the chaos/nature titles.
Heralds it depends on what they are.
And nexans get balance titles.

Then, if they can, try to tie it into race/class of the char and if possible role.

Uncaballeds rarely get titles unless maybe they are priests, just because imms have said many times they don't pay as much attention to an uncaballed char running around who is not seeking imm attention.

Titles are fun though, especially when its something notable enough that people actually make reference to you as that instead of by name. Just a nice little rp element that it can bring in.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #91788 Previous topic | Next topic