Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Galnor the Greedy, Bartered His So..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #91380
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 23-Mar-10 03:36 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17209 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91380, "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Galnor the Greedy, Bartered His Soul for a Dagger"

Tue Mar 23 15:34:48 2010

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Galnor perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:83

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Galnor the Greedy, Bartered Hi..., Belagaren (Guest), 24-Mar-10 06:07 AM, #6
Reply I dunno, Dwoggurd, 23-Mar-10 09:48 PM, #4
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Galnor the Greedy, Bartered Hi..., Isildur, 23-Mar-10 06:02 PM, #2
Reply I just know he was the first hero if I'm not mistaken., TMNS_lurking (Guest), 23-Mar-10 09:22 PM, #3
     Reply RE: I just know he was the first hero if I'm not mistak..., Isildur, 23-Mar-10 10:02 PM, #5
          Reply RE: I just know he was the first hero if I'm not mistak..., Daevryn, 24-Mar-10 07:47 AM, #7
               Reply RE: I just know he was the first hero if I'm not mistak..., Isildur, 24-Mar-10 09:29 AM, #8
                    Reply RE: I just know he was the first hero if I'm not mistak..., Daevryn, 24-Mar-10 09:30 AM, #9
                         Reply Did he hoard said dagger because, Forsakenz (Guest), 24-Mar-10 10:12 AM, #10
                         Reply My guess, no., Daevryn, 24-Mar-10 10:20 AM, #11
                              Reply RE: My guess, no., Isildur, 24-Mar-10 11:22 AM, #12
                                   Reply RE: My guess, no., Daevryn, 24-Mar-10 11:25 AM, #13
                                        Reply RE: My guess, no., Isildur, 24-Mar-10 11:31 AM, #14
                                             Reply Because if they know you have it, they can kill you., TMNS_lurking (Guest), 24-Mar-10 03:30 PM, #15
                                             Reply Newbness plays into gear hoarding for some of us, Kalisda (Guest), 24-Mar-10 05:00 PM, #17
                         Reply Heh, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 24-Mar-10 04:46 PM, #16
                              Reply RE: Heh, Humbert. (Guest), 25-Mar-10 06:14 AM, #18
Reply You sucked nt, Dervish2 (Guest), 23-Mar-10 04:02 PM, #1

Belagaren (Guest)Wed 24-Mar-10 06:07 AM

#91395, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Galnor the Greedy, Bartered Hi..."
In response to Reply #0

Dude, I thought you were a goodie and a Fortress App?

DwoggurdTue 23-Mar-10 09:48 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91390, "I dunno"
In response to Reply #0

I would probably trade my soul for a decent dagger too.

IsildurTue 23-Mar-10 06:02 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91385, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Galnor the Greedy, Bartered Hi..."
In response to Reply #0

This seems like it deserves an explanation. Hopefully a humorous one.

TMNS_lurking (Guest)Tue 23-Mar-10 09:22 PM

#91389, "I just know he was the first hero if I'm not mistaken."
In response to Reply #2

In the 5th Age at least.

Always wondered what his deal was.

IsildurTue 23-Mar-10 10:02 PM
5969 posts
#91391, "RE: I just know he was the first hero if I'm not mistak..."
In response to Reply #3

Ah, so this was the guy who was hoarding X, Y and Z. Gotcha.

DaevrynWed 24-Mar-10 07:47 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#91397, "RE: I just know he was the first hero if I'm not mistak..."
In response to Reply #5

Yep.

Following an automated EQ purge due to inactivity, we decided to
"re-get" some of our gear by killing the good mobs that had it, including a rather famous good-only dagger.

IsildurWed 24-Mar-10 09:29 AM
5969 posts
#91398, "RE: I just know he was the first hero if I'm not mistak..."
In response to Reply #7

Was the guy originally neutral, or was he changed to neutral for that behavior?

If he was originally good, I can't see why killed the mob when he could just request.

Then again if he's neutral, maybe that's acceptable IC behavior (while still being douchey OOC behavior, i.e. the hoarding) and he didn't deserve the negative title.

DaevrynWed 24-Mar-10 09:30 AM
11117 posts
#91399, "RE: I just know he was the first hero if I'm not mistak..."
In response to Reply #8

He was changed to neutral for that behavior.

He had previously lost some of his ability to request things.

Forsakenz (Guest)Wed 24-Mar-10 10:12 AM

#91400, "Did he hoard said dagger because"
In response to Reply #9

he didn't want it used against a current char of his? Hope you banned if yes.

DaevrynWed 24-Mar-10 10:20 AM
11117 posts
#91401, "My guess, no."
In response to Reply #10

I'm not 100% sure but that's what I think.

For some people winning the game is about getting the best gear and then doing nothing with it to make sure they don't lose it. I've never understood this mindset but we always seem to have a couple players who think that way.

IsildurWed 24-Mar-10 11:22 AM
5969 posts
#91402, "RE: My guess, no."
In response to Reply #11

It seems weird that someone would get all the pimp stuff, then just stop playing. Not even "sit in the inn and show off my pimp gear". Or "use my pimp gear to do nothing besides explore". He just stopped logging in altogether. How is that enjoyable for anybody?

Given the above, like Forsaken I kind of figured it was a player who dislikes goodies, dislikes goodie gear, and wanted to see that gear removed from the game for as long as possible.

DaevrynWed 24-Mar-10 11:25 AM
11117 posts
#91403, "RE: My guess, no."
In response to Reply #12

I can't explain it; I can only tell you that as fast as the players with that mindset grow out of it or leave, we get new ones. There's been one or two at a minimum running around for the whole history of CF.

IsildurWed 24-Mar-10 11:31 AM
5969 posts
#91404, "RE: My guess, no."
In response to Reply #13

Huh. When I think about gear hoarders I typically I imagine the two groups I mentioned earlier: the "Inn sitters" and the "Explorers". Mainly people who have zero interest in PK, but either enjoy exploring or enjoy standing around feeling important because they're wearing nice stuff.

What confuses me is someone who gets the nice stuff, then doesn't even try to "show it off". How does it feed one's ego to have the gear if nobody knows you have it?

Ah well. One of life's mysteries.

TMNS_lurking (Guest)Wed 24-Mar-10 03:30 PM

#91406, "Because if they know you have it, they can kill you."
In response to Reply #14

And then you won't be able to say you're decked to the #### to your cadre of non-existant friends.

I always wondered why he was the first hero then I never saw him again.

Kalisda (Guest)Wed 24-Mar-10 05:00 PM

#91408, "Newbness plays into gear hoarding for some of us"
In response to Reply #14

Some of us are simply inept and we get decent gear just form wandering around exploring as a hero goodie, and nobody ever bothers to kill us since we're uncaballed. Or they don't loot us when they do. See my first character's premium. I had some decent gear for a storm warrior, but pk skill? I didn't even know I was supposed to use bash as a giant. Preps? There are preps? No wonder I am getting demolished by an invoker and hitting for scratches. So in every fight the ass kickings I got I think had people just leaving me my stuff out of pity. Except for Ilix, who took desert sun from my corpse one time, I don't think I ever lost any other gear really.

Hell Kjorh or whaterver that assassin was named killed me for like the fourth time, then gave me better gear than I had when I came back to my corpse. But things change the more chars one plays, and I think gear collecting to hold without reason gets old quick for most players.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Wed 24-Mar-10 04:46 PM

#91407, "Heh"
In response to Reply #9

I bet a surprisingly high proportion of goodies would take the risk of killing to get that dagger, if they were unable to request it.

Humbert. (Guest)Thu 25-Mar-10 06:14 AM

#91413, "RE: Heh"
In response to Reply #16

Then they should never, ever play a goodie. They'd be much better off evil/neutral.

Dervish2 (Guest)Tue 23-Mar-10 04:02 PM

#91381, "You sucked nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #91380 Previous topic | Next topic