Subject: "RAGE DELETE Niran" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90478
Show all folders

Niran (Guest)Thu 18-Feb-10 03:42 PM

#90478, "RAGE DELETE Niran"

God I hated to do it, but yet again getting raped every time I turned around, with little or no Fort presence any more, it just wasn't worth keeping him around. Two semi active heros, and a whole lot of inactive people. I would often log on and be the only one on for hours at a time. Then retrieving in grinning skulls and Salzel comes in and cherry picks me.... I know there is a whole deal going on officials about the imbalance between good and evil, and man I am starting to feel it. It's almost not worth playing fort now. A suggestion to Fortress IMM's tier the powers of the Maran/Acolyte like they do in Empire or something. having a nerfed mantle just doesn't cut it against a lot of the powers out there. Not that I would be much even with it, but man....

I felt it with this char a couple of times. Got lucky with a couple of heros deleting while I was around after they dropped all their shinies. tried not to play ultra conservative with them and paid for it. But with the lack of any real Fortress Presence anymore I just couldn't take the whippings I kept eating. Maybe it's time for me to do away with my serial goodie ways and go with an evil assassin, or ranger... Who knows.

There were a few that I interacted with that are memorable, but I won't name names right now. I'm too frustrated after eating this cheap death.... but ahhh well, guess that's the way it goes.

See you in the fields.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Alondarin (Guest)Fri 19-Feb-10 12:38 AM

#90501, "RE: RAGE DELETE Niran"
In response to Reply #0

Sorry I didn't see more of you or our times didn't gel. This is a period that I was travelling for a fair bit without internet access but I am trying to put in some fairly regular time. Two things to keep in mind when playing fortress, or really any cabal is a) during the cabal's "down" times, ie. fewer heroes, outnumbered enemies, is to adopt a "guerilla warfare" approach. Pick your battles, don't feel you need to commit suicide on a raid just so you don't get rapped on the knuckles. b) especially for fortress, don't assume you'll get Maran or Acolyte and start with that. Its been some time now that Fortress has been getting the "Fortress powers aren't worth the time and effort of getting them" accusation, which in part may be true, but in part I think the "imm promotion" generally maintains a certain RP standard for Marans and Acolytes which I think keeps the RP flavor in the game whole. There will always be tension between promotions and balancing time-to-promotions. Anyway, keep at it with Fortress. Triple extra bite and 70% more chewy goodness.

DaevrynThu 18-Feb-10 04:35 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90482, "RE: RAGE DELETE Niran"
In response to Reply #0

Probably, the Fort leadership is too swamped and busy dealing with your million Fort pledges to have more presence.

IsildurFri 19-Feb-10 01:48 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90502, "RE: RAGE DELETE Niran"
In response to Reply #1

That, and the bunny hugging.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90478 Previous topic | Next topic