Subject: "[DELETED Like a bitch] Bodrno, arial dagger/mace #82347" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90475
Show all folders

TwistThu 18-Feb-10 01:14 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90475, "[DELETED Like a bitch] Bodrno, arial dagger/mace #82347"
Edited on Thu 18-Feb-10 01:22 PM

Meh.

Lost interest in the char a couple weeks ago or more, for various OOC reasons (all of which involved needing to get up and walk away from the computer far too often to play a decent mortal).

So, after two deaths a few nights ago, I was like ok, don't delete right away, give it a day or two to think about whether you want to.

Then Jenella isn't showing up on the Leaders command and I was like "Oh damn, I should really stick it out to try to help Outlander come back out of the trenches."

But then I thought "How are you going to do that if you aren't actually playing?"

So I logged on today with the decision to delete, saw we didn't have the Fetish, thought I'd try to retrieve before deleting, failed miserably, and deleted.

So there ya go.

Goodbyes:
All the outties I interacted with seemed very cool, even ones who were disliked by a large portion of the playerbase. Which isn't odd, since, you know, they were my ally so they treated me better I suppose.

Tribs were all pretty damn solid. Frenkleham, I'm sorry (again) that your eq got nuked due to that bug.

Empire were all fine. Nothing spectacular, but my RP was largely "I'm a predator, you are prey, except if you're kicking my ass in which case I'm the prey" so I can't complain much.

Others - probably not many knew/interacted with me, this char wasn't one of my best efforts in many ways. Bye!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply How was gates as an outlander?, Arrna (Guest), 20-Feb-10 07:55 AM, #15
Reply Personally man, Guilo, 19-Feb-10 11:46 PM, #12
Reply RE: Personally man, A2, 21-Feb-10 03:30 AM, #17
Reply Twisty, Jazon (Guest), 19-Feb-10 11:46 PM, #11
Reply Gates and Maelstrom., Twist, 20-Feb-10 12:42 AM, #13
     Reply What about the gates? You liked it?nt, Dervish2 (Guest), 20-Feb-10 03:32 AM, #14
     Reply I liked Gates., Twist, 20-Feb-10 03:46 PM, #16
          Reply I loved it with Cyvus (elf rager), TJHuron, 21-Feb-10 01:45 PM, #18
               Reply Curious, Pro (Guest), 21-Feb-10 06:12 PM, #20
                    Reply To clarify..., Pro (Guest), 21-Feb-10 06:29 PM, #21
                         Reply RE: To clarify..., TJHuron, 22-Feb-10 09:46 AM, #23
     Reply sleep then score it shows ac without dex bonus then nt, quas (Guest), 21-Feb-10 04:11 PM, #19
Reply Ooh man I was looking for you to continue that fight in..., Ckath (Guest), 19-Feb-10 04:48 AM, #7
Reply RE: [DELETED Like a bitch] Bodrno, arial dagger/mace #8..., Manno (Guest), 18-Feb-10 06:32 PM, #4
Reply RE: [DELETED Like a bitch] Bodrno, arial dagger/mace #8..., Rennec (Guest), 18-Feb-10 04:45 PM, #2
Reply As weird as this sounds, I thought this might be you., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 18-Feb-10 02:29 PM, #1
     Reply Wait, what?, Twist, 18-Feb-10 06:26 PM, #3
          Reply Heh, Jenella (Guest), 18-Feb-10 06:47 PM, #5
          Reply I was ribbing you for..., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 18-Feb-10 10:16 PM, #6
               Reply And this is true., Beront (Guest), 19-Feb-10 08:27 AM, #8
               Reply Cool., Twist, 19-Feb-10 10:37 AM, #9
                    Reply You missed my point again :), TMNS_lazy (Guest), 19-Feb-10 03:43 PM, #10
                    Reply I think we would have more players today if, Pro (Guest), 22-Feb-10 12:32 AM, #22

Arrna (Guest)Sat 20-Feb-10 07:55 AM

#90522, "How was gates as an outlander?"
In response to Reply #0

I'm thinking of how much difference strengthen did for you?

GuiloFri 19-Feb-10 11:46 PM
Member since 09th May 2008
366 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#90519, "Personally man"
In response to Reply #0

I would like and respect you SO much more if you would quit playing so many morts to the point of REALLY slacking off on your IMM duties.

When you roll morts, you go all out. To the point I've had characters that prayed for weeks just to find you, then after you delete your mort realizing he was on nearly every time I was playing. That's not so cool.

You really beat my ass in Ostalgiah when I had offense up and fired a bajillion concealeds and were cool about it though. Almost like my kill on you in Darsylon when I had Taruksil. This is probably the sixth or seventh character of yours I've had as an enemy and first time you've ever gotten me at least.

A2Sun 21-Feb-10 03:30 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
371 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90574, "RE: Personally man"
In response to Reply #12

I get the impression that if Twist didn't play morts, he would lose his desire for "Twist" all together and taking into account that his "duties" as Twist are all voluntary my suggestion is to suck it up.

Also, the fact that he puts so much into his morts is where the quality comes from. The one thing that keeps this game rolling above imm work is quality mortals. I'm barely playing as it is and if there are no quality mortals to interact with I'm going to be completely done.

My personal $.02 to add to yours.

Jazon (Guest)Fri 19-Feb-10 11:46 PM

#90518, "Twisty"
In response to Reply #0

I thought we had some good fights and I must say that you were a tough foe. Good job with all of that. I knew your specs but what legacies did you take?

Laters

TwistSat 20-Feb-10 12:42 AM
3431 posts
#90520, "Gates and Maelstrom."
In response to Reply #11

If I had it to do over again, I'd probably take something other than Maelstrom. Maybe the save spell one. Or surrounding the sunrise. Or riddle. Or whispers.

Dervish2 (Guest)Sat 20-Feb-10 03:32 AM

#90521, "What about the gates? You liked it?nt"
In response to Reply #13

nt

TwistSat 20-Feb-10 03:46 PM
3431 posts
#90572, "I liked Gates."
In response to Reply #14

Keep in mind that, AFAIK, Gates isn't about how heavy your armor is, it's simply how good your AC is (based on armor, not including your dex bonus). It was hard to determine what my "true" AC (armor-only) was, since arial dex basically makes you divinely armored almost instantly, but here's how I judged it:

Mob that normally did MANGLES or *** DEMOLISHES *** with the occasional *** DEVASTATES *** now did MASSACRES or MANGLES and very rarely did I see any ***'s.

So I figure that's about a 20%-ish redux (roughly?), which makes it sorta like being permanently affected by stone skin or shield or something.

For someone like me who isn't very big into prepping a lot, Gates was a nice choice.

As to Arrna's question re: strengthen, that was one reason I picked it - I might not choose it as an arial in another cabal (though Battle arial with resist+gates is probably taking about 65% of their max damage at worst, maybe better than that with really good eq, so that's kind of a cool idea).

TJHuronSun 21-Feb-10 01:45 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90619, "I loved it with Cyvus (elf rager)"
In response to Reply #16

I got some serious dam redux out of it and think that I got way more mileage out of it than I would have had I taken Soul.

Damn purge! I was just getting rolling with him!

Can I ask what your AC was typically at (I know arial dex makes it tough)? I remember being just under -400 AC with pretty light armors and getting great dam redux from it.

Pro (Guest)Sun 21-Feb-10 06:12 PM

#90622, "Curious"
In response to Reply #18

You seem to communicate better here than In game.

I gave you a recommendation into Battle or was about to (Can't remember) even though talking to you was cumbersome at best.

Do I have you mixed up with someone?

Pro (Guest)Sun 21-Feb-10 06:29 PM

#90623, "To clarify..."
In response to Reply #20

By cumbersome I mean huge pauses interspersed with incomplete sentences.

TJHuronMon 22-Feb-10 09:46 AM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90630, "RE: To clarify..."
In response to Reply #21

I'm not sure. It's possible you have me mixed up with someone. Playing an elf I doubt I would try to intentionally or unintentionally speak with irritating and cumbersome speech. Unless, that is, I was just having a really, really bad day!

quas (Guest)Sun 21-Feb-10 04:11 PM

#90621, "sleep then score it shows ac without dex bonus then nt"
In response to Reply #13

nt

Ckath (Guest)Fri 19-Feb-10 04:48 AM

#90503, "Ooh man I was looking for you to continue that fight in..."
In response to Reply #0

Amazing how much was needed to make me drop my weapons.

When our fight begun I had just fought a svirf rager + some other outlander and had whirl + something else on me.

So, you boneshattered, hamstrung me, artery, hurl... When I finally droped one weapon both stoneskin and my other preps fell. I would have been SO dead if I stuck around. I quickly healed up and ran back, but by then all the other imperials had shown up there and you bailed out. (As you should since you were alone and there were 4 imperials at hero or so...)

A shame we didn't get to fight more, your build is exactly the training I need.

Manno (Guest)Thu 18-Feb-10 06:32 PM

#90491, "RE: [DELETED Like a bitch] Bodrno, arial dagger/mace #8..."
In response to Reply #0

It was fun killing the Quaggoth with you. We seemed to be constantly showing up at the same time!

Rennec (Guest)Thu 18-Feb-10 04:45 PM

#90483, "RE: [DELETED Like a bitch] Bodrno, arial dagger/mace #8..."
In response to Reply #0

I liked your char alot even though we interacted only a few times. I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you for being helpful in a cabal that housed a few a-holes (specifically a giant a-hole) although most peeps were kind to my poor noobish behind.
Your distractions were more and more noticable, from the time we learned in the slaver mines to the time in Aran-Gird (sp?) with Jenella when you were idle or losing connection most of the time.

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Thu 18-Feb-10 02:29 PM

#90476, "As weird as this sounds, I thought this might be you."
In response to Reply #0

Don't take this the wrong way, but I located most of your set when you were rank 38 or whatever and it was dirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty.

BTW way to cheat with the Outlander perma

Almost as good as you not smacking Cyrn and Ilix. At least this time you were on their side before they got Denied!

TwistThu 18-Feb-10 06:26 PM
3431 posts
#90490, "Wait, what?"
In response to Reply #1

Before I post anything that actually is any sort of response, I figured I'd better get clarification from you. Are you accusing me of wrongdoing in any way? If so, please be specific. Are you saying:

1. I got eq through illegal means?

2. I permagrouped with anyone?

3. I did not enforce rules as Twist in some way that I should have (at any time)?

4. Something else?

Jenella (Guest)Thu 18-Feb-10 06:47 PM

#90494, "Heh"
In response to Reply #3

I enjoyed the character when he was actually on and moving about. I never knew if you had a bad connection or you were Essobi on the other end of this character!!!!!
Anywho, was good to fight with yah a bit.
On to the next.....

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Thu 18-Feb-10 10:16 PM

#90499, "I was ribbing you for..."
In response to Reply #3

A) Always having really nice gear, with all your chars. Only a certain group of players can constantly have pimp gear at all ranks.

B) Being in a cabal where there was a permagroup (dude, I watched you, you never were a part of the group) makes me laugh, since you know, you're an Implementor. No accusations (I actually think you're the one immortal I'd never worry about cheating).

C) Not smacking down the same perma when they were in your cabal and you noticed they were a perma

Mostly I just hate a certain group of players who never do things alone.

And I was ####ing with you and perhaps didn't put enough of these but I was worried people would think I'm Russian.

Beront (Guest)Fri 19-Feb-10 08:27 AM

#90505, "And this is true."
In response to Reply #6

To be fair, Twist is eq maniac. He plays all around eq. He hates to loose it. He hates to die. Well everyone hates but not like him. If he will fix his problem with eq - he will be all around good man. But right now Twist sounds like Balhard who hates to die to russians.

PS: Using Imm stat to check eq - is bad.

TwistFri 19-Feb-10 10:37 AM
3431 posts
#90506, "Cool."
In response to Reply #6

I thought/hoped you were kidding around, but I wasn't sure.

My eq was red dragon and envenomed daggers pre-Outlander. The hollow was really chock-full of gear, often, for a while there.

As for the commentary about perma and such, don't assume that nothing is/was done to people, just because there isn't a denial and/or flashy echoes. I'm typically more one to draw someone aside and say "Look, here's how I'm seeing things, and it needs to stop."

I also am not a fan of discussing punishment (or lack thereof) of players on the forums. It's really none of your business, in my view. Any rule infraction (or lack thereof) is between the immstaff and the player(s) in question.

You may not agree, but that's my opinion on the matter.

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Fri 19-Feb-10 03:43 PM

#90507, "You missed my point again :)"
In response to Reply #9

But at least you know I'm joking.

I was more talking about the fact that you admitted you had a talk with Cyrn/Ilix about perma-grouping, then they did the same thing (well, multiple times) in a cabal you were playing in as a player and got denied.

If you don't see the humor in that, well, you're probably dead

Pro (Guest)Mon 22-Feb-10 12:32 AM

#90627, "I think we would have more players today if"
In response to Reply #9

The Imms were more public in punishing players.

I'm not the first person to feel frustrated when I see people getting away with #### in spite of a prayer.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90475 Previous topic | Next topic