Subject: "[Fortress] Tangni Ilterianthalas, Jaguar of The Ruins" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90057
Show all folders

Tangni (Guest)Tue 19-Jan-10 08:57 AM

#90057, "[Fortress] Tangni Ilterianthalas, Jaguar of The Ruins"

It was a fun ride that got a little slow for a while, then just when
it started picking up again, boom!

I had a lot of fun in outlander, anyone in the tree knows that
I was real big on emphasizing that Wardens did not like or want
reavers in the tree, Tangni viewed it as the sacred duty of the
wardens to ensure that there would be no reavers in Thar-Eris when
it was returned to it's natural state. Tangni went on and evenatually
started having nightmares and dreams after he killed a lightwalking
tribunal while defending the tree. He spent a lot of time deciding how to clear his conscience and believed he should follow his instincts and instead of fighting a war on two fronts both for Thar-Eris and the light, decided that it was time for a change, removed hismelf from the tree, and went to the fortress to work on erradicating the evil taint on the world for the return of Thar-Eris. In the fortress he once again was at odds with some of those he lived with, and constantly had tension with the paladins, dwarves, and conjurors of the fortress. Thanks to everyone who interacted and allowed for it. I was really having fun with the new shapeshifter in the fortress who seemed to share Tangni's views, not only as a Jaguar, but also of Thar-Eris and living off of your instincts. I wont post a lot of farewells as after 420 some hours and two cabals there's a lot of names I'll forget.

Thanks to the Lady Hunter (Baer) for all of the talks in the shrine and for your tattoo.

Lornis - you were my arch-enemy of Tangni's life we fought and fought and fough some more, neither of us ever killing the other but both getting close many times, I stopped prepping to fight you in the air eventually because I figured neither of us would ever kill the other.

Srithra - Damn that was one hell of a fight, the best of my charachter's life, it took me over 45 minutes to kill you in real time, you were one hell of an Orc.

Anyone else, I'll respond as they come in.

Tangni/Tlingit
Yup Kraenesk once again.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: [Fortress] Tangni Ilterianthalas, Jaguar of The Rui..., Tangni (Guest), 20-Jan-10 01:15 PM, #5
Reply I had three or four characters under you., Kaskin (Guest), 20-Jan-10 03:23 PM, #6
     Reply And I liked Tangni a lot., Kaskin (Guest), 20-Jan-10 03:27 PM, #7
     Reply bow chicka-wow-wow *cue the saxaphone and slap bass* -n..., Mek (Guest), 20-Jan-10 05:46 PM, #8
Reply RE: [Fortress] Tangni Ilterianthalas, Jaguar of The Rui..., Daevryn, 19-Jan-10 11:21 AM, #4
Reply I like chars that evolve., Forsakenz (Guest), 19-Jan-10 10:22 AM, #3
Reply I liked you too., dwimmerling, 19-Jan-10 09:21 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I liked you too., Tangni (Guest), 19-Jan-10 09:33 AM, #2

Tangni (Guest)Wed 20-Jan-10 01:15 PM

#90097, "RE: [Fortress] Tangni Ilterianthalas, Jaguar of The Rui..."
In response to Reply #0

A few adds.

Lornkanamas - Had a lot of fun with you, god how many hours did we spend together as like the only high level goodies on fighting the good fight, you were like a brother to Tangni.

Kaskin - You had a great rp charachter to blow up and delete over 1 pk loss, so frustrating, and the 1 loss was against a power char.

Sulye - You were good for throwing barbs back and forth at most of the time. So it made things interesting.

Lilorni - I think that was your name, Tangni didnt like you, and wanted to boot you, but figured he couldnt boot you for doing evil deeds, because you were still an outlander and your punishment for actively hunting goodies should fall under the gods domain, he thought you should have been moved to the Neutral branch.

Dwimmerling - I was so mad when you killed your forest guardian char, I was super interested in interacting with you, it was probably the best Outlander role I saw in the tree, and I figured you would replace me as Sunwarden even if you never PK'd anyone with that role when the time came. It was just that over the top good. I was very, very Impressed.

Dupmasione - I had a blast during the interview watching neither of us willing to waver on our beliefs, you trying to convince me I'd have to give mine up, and me telling you not gonna happen. Though I probably suprised you when I stated that most outlanders never read the bark in the tree, but only gloss over it. It does not say to hunt paladins down. It only says not to trust them, and lumps them in the same catagory as thieves, it would be frowned upon I guess, but it doesnt even say you cant group with them. I think almost every outlander just ignores that and sees them as another person to PK. I can see if it's in a person's role to hate paladins to hunt them, or for a reaver to hunt them down, but it just doesnt make sense for every harbringer/warden to. If it were a dwarf pally that would obviously be different, then they are a target. But I guess I'm just ranting on one of my biggest pet peeves I saw when I was the Sunwarden, and that is that no one really took time to read the bark, and study more into outlander dogma based on thier align. It seemed to me that everyone wanted to be a reaver in a goody or neutral suit instead of considering how thier choice of align would affect thier actions and how they would interpret the bark.

To the Imm that stepped up to fill the Ancient void that existed, thank you. Outlander sorely needed it. It was very appreciated.

Kaskin (Guest)Wed 20-Jan-10 03:23 PM

#90098, "I had three or four characters under you."
In response to Reply #5

Kaskin was my favorite, but I expected more out of him PK'ly and he didn't seem to be going anywhere RP'ly.

Kaskin (Guest)Wed 20-Jan-10 03:27 PM

#90099, "And I liked Tangni a lot."
In response to Reply #6

Which I don't usually care for shifters as they are so quiet.

I took the animal speaking edges just so I could RP with you and you kinda bum,ed me out when you wouldn't at first, but you did later so it was cool.

Mek (Guest)Wed 20-Jan-10 05:46 PM

#90101, "bow chicka-wow-wow *cue the saxaphone and slap bass* -n..."
In response to Reply #6

asf

DaevrynTue 19-Jan-10 11:21 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90062, "RE: [Fortress] Tangni Ilterianthalas, Jaguar of The Rui..."
In response to Reply #0

This was a long-lived, successful character and there's a lot I could say (some of which made it into lost immortal comments) but I'm just going to throw out the freshest thing in my mind, was that it impressed me that he generally continued to live by his Outlander restrictions (no money, etc.) even after changing cabals.

Forsakenz (Guest)Tue 19-Jan-10 10:22 AM

#90061, "I like chars that evolve."
In response to Reply #0

I don't know how well you pulled it off but judging just by moving cabals I'd say well done.

dwimmerlingTue 19-Jan-10 09:21 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
216 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#90058, "I liked you too."
In response to Reply #0

You inducted fez in the middle of a raid, and I really got the impression afterwards when we talked that you regretted it. I made the mistake of using the word 'try' and you went off on me about how you expected results from me. I know I grew on you right away after that. You were one of my favorite people to heal because you always came to me

I also had a ranger with an excellent role you liked in outlander that i gave up on because I can't play a ranger, or a felar, for ####. I was the anachronism from the forest of nowhere in the past who woke up in the present to find his forest burnt, and was bent on trying to go back in time and save it.

After you switched to the fort I tried to talk to you, and was generally pretty defensive to any outlanders who thought you were a traitor. I think an imm said to me that if we tried to make you stay we were no better than slavers. That made sense to Fezzle.

Good char, glwn!
Fezzle and Grrurhizz and Dwimmerling

Tangni (Guest)Tue 19-Jan-10 09:33 AM

#90059, "RE: I liked you too."
In response to Reply #1

Yeah I liked Fezzle, you were good, Tangni was very interested in seeing results, it wasnt just you that he said something like that too, he wanted you to know right from the start. I had a few role entries that dealt with my cabal swap, and completely explained it including how Tangni was following his instincts and not betraying Thar-Eris, but moreso in a way was allowing himself to better dedicate himself to bringing it about again by leaving the tree, but that will never been seen as I dont have copies of his role entries. It was funny to talk to the new outlanders who werent in the tree when I was and try to explain my story to them, one was ready to attack me when I started explaining my story to them, and told them if they really wanted to know who I was or what I was about they needed to talk to me, and not listen to second hand information. They thought I was all buddy buddy with conjurors, paladins and dwarves and had given up on my ideals, when that was far from the truth, Tangni was constantly letting conjurors and such in the fortress know he didnt like thier crafts one bit, and I think it shocked some of them that he wasnt all buddy buddy with them, I think it was Arydyll I told that I didnt care of I was on my deathbed, I did not want him praying to his Lord for me.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90057 Previous topic | Next topic