Subject: "Matren is gone...the Battle Emperor as Rathgar said. :)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #89821
Show all folders

MinyarTue 12-Jan-10 09:48 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89821, "Matren is gone...the Battle Emperor as Rathgar said. :)"

I had a lot of fun, made a lot of friends, and had a lot of great fights. Awesome build for a rager, but I think I would do it slightly different if i went this route again. I had no idea I copied Malakhi perfectly, but I saw shortcomings with it as a defender. Anyway...was fun, I wonder how those rites would have gone.

Guess we will never know!!!

See ya round the fields!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Matren is gone...the Battle Emperor as Rathgar said..., Zukikemi (Guest), 18-Jan-10 02:40 AM, #11
Reply It was fun runnign with you too., Matren (Guest), 19-Jan-10 08:23 AM, #12
Reply Good char, Yean, 15-Jan-10 05:40 AM, #9
Reply RE: Matren is gone...the Battle Emperor as Rathgar said..., HammerSong, 13-Jan-10 11:56 PM, #6
Reply Pfft, Abernytee (Guest), 14-Jan-10 11:00 AM, #7
Reply RE: Pfft, Yean, 15-Jan-10 05:41 AM, #10
Reply Updates to the War Room, Matren (Guest), 14-Jan-10 02:49 PM, #8
Reply RE: Matren is gone...the Battle Emperor as Rathgar said..., Cyvus (Guest), 13-Jan-10 11:30 AM, #5
Reply Enjoyed being your enemy., Sahel (Guest), 13-Jan-10 10:36 AM, #4
Reply RE: Matren is gone...the Battle Emperor as Rathgar said..., Malakhi. (Guest), 12-Jan-10 10:49 PM, #2
Reply RE: Matren is gone...the Battle Emperor as Rathgar said..., Daevryn, 12-Jan-10 10:29 PM, #1
     Reply Thanks, Matren (Guest), 13-Jan-10 12:06 AM, #3

Zukikemi (Guest)Mon 18-Jan-10 02:40 AM

#90023, "RE: Matren is gone...the Battle Emperor as Rathgar said..."
In response to Reply #0

Matren, It was lots of fun running around with you. You were able to show me some things I hadn't seen or gave me some advice on situations. I would have been shocked if you didn't get Commander. I apprecaited all the extra help aiding in getting me those last few titles too.

Hopefully our paths will cross on the same side again soon.

Zuk

Matren (Guest)Tue 19-Jan-10 08:23 AM

#90056, "It was fun runnign with you too."
In response to Reply #11

I've been around this game for a long time and I've played a lot of classes and characters, some successfully. I try to pass on that knowledge to others as I can, but I know sometimes it can come across bossy. I hope instead with you that it was more like, did you know this could do this. Assassin's are such a fun class to play. I've been itching to get back in that saddle and make another Zridv type character. Ahtieli is finally gone, though unfortunately in a horrible way, and so now maybe I can make an Imperial again. oh well!!! You were a good, reliable villager who any of us could count on. You were willing to mix it up and I think that is great.

Good Luck with whatever you are playing!

YeanFri 15-Jan-10 05:40 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89939, "Good char"
In response to Reply #0

I liked Matren, and he was probably the most active Village member in recent times. Thanks for all the writings, feel free to send it to us..we'll put in whatever's appropriate. GLWYN!

HammerSongWed 13-Jan-10 11:56 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
#89905, "RE: Matren is gone...the Battle Emperor as Rathgar said..."
In response to Reply #0

I really liked this character. He seemed like such a great hit and run artist.

I was also confident he would run away with the Rites. I didn't want to hold them too soon however - you needed some competition to actually make it worth talking about.

Great character, great interactions and it's a shame we didn't see how it would all turn out.

Abernytee (Guest)Thu 14-Jan-10 11:00 AM

#89919, "Pfft"
In response to Reply #6

I would have beat that lame-oh Minyar tired ass!

Bring on the rites!

btw, is it Imm induction atm?

YeanFri 15-Jan-10 05:41 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#89940, "RE: Pfft"
In response to Reply #7

It's imm induction for most cabals atm. We're hoping to hold the Rites soonish though.

Matren (Guest)Thu 14-Jan-10 02:49 PM

#89925, "Updates to the War Room"
In response to Reply #6

I am hoping some of the works I did could still be put into the war room. I plan to send them to Yean and yourself in word format. I'm hoping this could be ok.

Cyvus (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 11:30 AM

#89877, "RE: Matren is gone...the Battle Emperor as Rathgar said..."
In response to Reply #0

Nice work with Matren. I thought you were a good villager. We seemed to think alike in some ways because there were a few times during raids etc that you'd tell me to do what I was already planning. It might have bothered others, but, not me too much just because I never announced my plans and you were trying to make sure we were on the same page.

I was looking for some good matches during the rites. I'm pretty certain that I might have been overmatched against your maledicting capabilities, but, I had some strategies planned out for you! Anyways, good luck with your new character.

Sahel (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 10:36 AM

#89862, "Enjoyed being your enemy."
In response to Reply #0

I think we had some great fights. Although, I hated bleeding out so much. Ouch is the dagger.

Malakhi. (Guest)Tue 12-Jan-10 10:49 PM

#89826, "RE: Matren is gone...the Battle Emperor as Rathgar said..."
In response to Reply #0

I really appreciated you giving your "vision" to the cabal, and was really looking forward to the Rites. There were a couple of you guys that I liked. The main thing I'd change about the build is landslide instead of soul. Bards and invokers are just too frustrating with just bash/trip/cranial. But that's one of those things you can't realize until you've played out a rager

DaevrynTue 12-Jan-10 10:29 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#89825, "RE: Matren is gone...the Battle Emperor as Rathgar said..."
In response to Reply #0

I think Matren made Battle defender look really, really good (and I hope you won't take this as a dis), not in the "it plays into the way you fought and you were a tough guy" kind of way but more in the "out of range Fort healer that makes his less skilled higher/lower level cabalmates survive" kind of way.

I thought that was really interesting because I hadn't seen anyone really be able to stretch it in that direction very well in a while and show just how powerful a defender could be in that way.

Matren (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 12:06 AM

#89830, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #1

That is totally what I was going for. I jsut never update my roles or anything...but who cares now right! Anyway, the point of Matren was to be a good "medic" and get back into his "practice" as a Surgeon. Anyway...thanks.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #89821 Previous topic | Next topic