Subject: "Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #89802
Show all folders

Araevin (Guest)Tue 12-Jan-10 05:09 PM

#89802, "Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade"

I felt this character was very groundbreaking for me into the CF world. A Year in and i have my most successful empowerment character for myself to date.

PK wise he was just unstoppable(Up until rank 40) And i think i owe that all to Liandrianer. You spend days and days exploring areas with me and together we could kill anything.

I tried to play this character as believing the world was in turmoil, light on the brink of defeat and only a small band of warriors bound together as the resistance, the Fortress.

As far as Thror goes, I highly recommend all try out an empoweree under him, it was very enjoyable and i am ashame that this pwhipe caused the trainer to fall short and never able to complete it.

I really enjoyed our interactions and your way of doing things.

Anyways, there is a lot of goodbye to everyone, So i will leave it at a response basis. I hope you guys enjoyed this character, made me really heartbroken to lose him.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade, Kalisda (Guest), 15-Jan-10 07:41 AM, #24
Reply Kalsida, Araevin (Guest), 15-Jan-10 03:13 PM, #25
     Reply RE: Kalsida, thendrell, 15-Jan-10 05:25 PM, #26
Reply RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade, Daevryn, 14-Jan-10 04:40 PM, #23
Reply RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade, HammerSong, 14-Jan-10 12:05 AM, #17
Reply RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade, Araevin (Guest), 14-Jan-10 04:16 PM, #20
Reply Mixed opinion, Tatalus (Guest), 13-Jan-10 07:50 PM, #16
Reply RE: Mixed opinion, Araevin (Guest), 14-Jan-10 04:29 PM, #22
Reply We had a good rivalry, Ullrik (Guest), 13-Jan-10 01:05 PM, #11
Reply RE: We had a good rivalry, Araevin (Guest), 13-Jan-10 05:22 PM, #14
Reply RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade, Asetath (Guest), 13-Jan-10 11:19 AM, #10
Reply Asetath, Araevin (Guest), 13-Jan-10 05:25 PM, #15
Reply Wish we could have had more time, Elphania (Guest), 13-Jan-10 09:35 AM, #9
Reply RE: Wish we could have had more time, Araevin (Guest), 13-Jan-10 05:16 PM, #12
     Reply I hope so, Elphania (Guest), 14-Jan-10 02:48 PM, #19
Reply RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade, Stalwel (Guest), 13-Jan-10 07:55 AM, #8
Reply Stalwel, Araevin (Guest), 13-Jan-10 05:19 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Stalwel, Stalwel (Guest), 14-Jan-10 12:14 AM, #18
          Reply RE: Stalwel, Araevin (Guest), 14-Jan-10 04:23 PM, #21
Reply RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade, Mamed, 12-Jan-10 08:07 PM, #2
Reply Liandrianer, Mamed, 12-Jan-10 08:08 PM, #3
Reply RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade, Araevin (Guest), 12-Jan-10 08:59 PM, #5
Reply RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade, Varanjur (Guest), 12-Jan-10 07:50 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade, Araevin (Guest), 12-Jan-10 08:55 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade, Mamed, 12-Jan-10 09:03 PM, #6
               Reply RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade, Mamed, 12-Jan-10 09:04 PM, #7

Kalisda (Guest)Fri 15-Jan-10 07:41 AM

#89943, "RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade"
In response to Reply #0

I must say I saw this dwarf paladin two hander in the fortress and wrote him off, until I got one or two chances to watch you in aciton and was quite impressed with most things I saw from him. I played that same build, as a ysaloerye follower though, and I just keep thinking damn, if only I could have played him like this guy is playing his.

Well done.

Araevin (Guest)Fri 15-Jan-10 03:13 PM

#89961, "Kalsida"
In response to Reply #24

I think we only had one opportunity to fight each other, and i was still polishing my method on how to properly deal with them. Shamans were my worst enemy midranks. Bards were my biggest problem in hero ranks.

I fought you alot with previous characters and i always enjoyed it.

So you were Thendrell? If you were that was right around the time of my first couple of characters. You taught me alot so if that is so, thankyou

thendrellFri 15-Jan-10 05:25 PM
Member since 08th May 2009
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89962, "RE: Kalsida"
In response to Reply #25

I did play Kalisda, wanted to learn a new class and bards seemed versatile and interesting. Glad to know my paladin helped you out some and seeing your character do so much better than I could ever manage makes me look forward to seeing your next.

Glad you enjoyed Kalisda, she was certainly not deadly like lots of people that know how to play bards well, but I think she was fun. I'd suggest a bard for anyone looking for a lighter type character.

DaevrynThu 14-Jan-10 04:40 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89931, "RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade"
In response to Reply #0

The thing I remember about this character, and had commented on in the PBF you'll never see, is that he was really unhesitant to pick fights with enemies who either were tough in general or who weren't great matchups for him specifically at the time. . . and that I also didn't see him dying a whole lot doing so.

Nice job in general.

HammerSongThu 14-Jan-10 12:05 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
#89910, "RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade"
In response to Reply #0

An immortal "always" gets a warm fuzzy from a character that has an 'aha' moment.

I felt you had one of these moments. It was a moment of clarity when you finally got my religion. Once that happened, the rewards of your endeavors started showing.

I never want my religion to be an "I deserve" or "I should get" religion. You were patient and you earned every bit of immteraction and attention you recieved.

You interacted with my first mortal since returning (he was horribly played btw), so I got a chance to interact with you on the mortal level and see you as a leader. It allowed me a great perspective on you.

Great job. I felt like we almost had another Tahren or Warborf here! Doh!

Araevin (Guest)Thu 14-Jan-10 04:16 PM

#89928, "RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade"
In response to Reply #17

The entire time CF was down i kept telling everyone that the only thing worst then CF never returning, was for it to return but with a Pwhipe attached to it.

I have massive respect for Thror, and really enjoyed every aspect of your religion, it really gave alot of depth to my character and allowed me to enjoy it all the more.

Thanks for everything, you really gave this character alot of life, and it is just really sad that we never got to go any further.

Tatalus (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 07:50 PM

#89895, "Mixed opinion"
In response to Reply #0

You impressed me as a lowbie and in the middle ranks, but not so much at hero.

Separately, I don't know if you know, but saccing an ap's unholy right after they died won't damage them. Waiting until they just unghost whilst naked is likely to kill them again. Felt kind of cheap after I defended against what looked like suicidal odds, and when unexpectedly winning, took about 5 items from your entire group (which I wore).

What I'm sure you didn't know is that I said to Alimas that I was going to retire to my guild as I'd been travelling for too long and was making mistakes. He then asked me to stay on for "just a little longer", and seconds later you sacced my unholy, which I survived with only a few hp to spare. He felt so bad about that that he offered to let me pick any piece of gear that he'd taken from my corpse and was actually wearing. Turned him down though. I like having gear back when I die, but not if it would make me feel like I'm taking handouts because my enemies feel sorry for me.

Araevin (Guest)Thu 14-Jan-10 04:29 PM

#89930, "RE: Mixed opinion"
In response to Reply #16

I know it is a super ####ty thing to do, and i always never tried to loot (except when taking a certain pair of gauntlets back you siphoned from me) but i had a policy to always sack the unholy.

Simple reason was that if he couldnt kill them over and over and over, he would discourage them by robbing their power they had siphoned from others. That and i really never wanted a Gzurweeg to fight.

It also might of tied into the fact i gave you three or four charged that one death of mine.

I know its a ####ty thing and i hate doing it. No hard feelings.

He always told his new squires and such, dead is dead, he didnt care how it was done.

Ullrik (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 01:05 PM

#89882, "We had a good rivalry"
In response to Reply #0

I was kicking myself for letting myself be rope-a-doped into losing those gloves, but I needed to let those mages have a chance, hey?

I pretty much gave up trying to fight you later on because the mismatch became even grosser. Dwarf paladins are tough.

Araevin (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 05:22 PM

#89888, "RE: We had a good rivalry"
In response to Reply #11

I really enjoyed fighting you, most of the villagers in comparison were just a terrible match up against me.
I remember being so angry and frustrated when i let you get that one up on me jumping me before i could put any preps on.

I think that was my first death...

Asetath (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 11:19 AM

#89873, "RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade"
In response to Reply #0

My forms really weren't well suited for fighting you given all the damage you could dish out and receive at the same time. I could usually stop you from raiding if I burned a full round of preps, but that was about it.

Outside of you guys coming to the Chasm or us going to the Fort, we didn't interact much, so that's about all I can come up with.

Good luck and all that.

Araevin (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 05:25 PM

#89889, "Asetath"
In response to Reply #10

I give you Kudos for sticking it out with your character.
I could never kill you because how defensive both your creatures were, but at the same time, other then when you had a support with hap or else, i never saw your spider or porcupine as a threat.

It was just easier to ignore your attacks then try and face you and risk the porcupine.
You were a pest and a presence.

Elphania (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 09:35 AM

#89857, "Wish we could have had more time"
In response to Reply #0

Elphania was just starting to get rolling at hero and I was really looking forward to teaming up with you more in PK.

It was fun helping you out with some of the gear you were looking to re-gain, I'm glad I know where that stuff is now.

I still griamce on a time where you were helping me in a pursuit of someone that attacked the Maran and I kept missing them to re-engage and they got away. I didn't have the fam right then and couldn't attack with it, and my murder commands kept just missing, wasn't very impressive there, I know.

Good luck with your next.

Araevin (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 05:16 PM

#89885, "RE: Wish we could have had more time"
In response to Reply #9

I know i am heartbroken that all was lost considering how everything was shaping up to be.

I put up recommendation for you to become Maran. I liked how levelheaded you were and always very calm about everything. I'll see in your the fort soon i am sure.

Elphania (Guest)Thu 14-Jan-10 02:48 PM

#89924, "I hope so"
In response to Reply #12

I have some ideas that I think could be very very helpful with the right setup. Hopefully things shake out the way I want them to and we cross paths again...there are some things that you lectured about a little on CB that I think I have a really cool solution to, but I'll save my ideas for sharing IC, and once I can actually test them out, although Elph was going to ask you some questions when we had some time related to some of them....pisses me off I didn't get to try it with us.

Thanks a ton for the recommendation also, even though it all blew up it means a lot after the fact to know that I was on the right track in you opinion as captain.

Stalwel (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 07:55 AM

#89851, "RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade"
In response to Reply #0

I wasn't sure of what to make of you. It took awhile for us to connect and finally during that raid I think I killed two people. Then you said you specifically wanted so and so dead, so for like the next hour I chased him all around killing 4 others in the process, just not him. I was just like... #### man... I'm not gonna get in cause I just can't keep this guy from running. Only saw you a handful of times after that, but you were always cool.

Araevin (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 05:19 PM

#89887, "Stalwel"
In response to Reply #8

Bieng without a job i was able to put alot of hours in over the december month.

I wanted Fortress to not be just an easy show up and induct kind of thing. I wanted to portray that i viewed i as bieng an elite force, only worthy of the best.

I monitered everyones presence, always knew who and what applicants put in the time. After a month of playing, it was the first time i had ever seen you.

No one had heard of you.

So it was my thought you were a returning character now that there was a leader in place, so i wanted to give you a little more of a challenge that would get you into the character, and prove to me you would put in the time and the hours(since the fortress was full, but most were awol)

I might of been wrong, and if i was i am sorry for that.

But everything i saw of you was very impressive, so very good job

Stalwel (Guest)Thu 14-Jan-10 12:14 AM

#89911, "RE: Stalwel"
In response to Reply #13

You were correct. I never saw Ilrek online even once and then Dupa pretty much ignored me for whatever reason. I don't think he even responded once to multiple tells. Then he died so I got kinda turned off on the char and let him chill for a bit. When I saw a new leader I decided to dust him off. So you were exactly right on that account. I didn't really think the induction stuff was that bad. I have no problem killin someone (or many) to get inducted.

Araevin (Guest)Thu 14-Jan-10 04:23 PM

#89929, "RE: Stalwel"
In response to Reply #18

Ardryll was the exact same way, I think i made him, powered him to rank 20, and because i couldnt think of a role he awoled for two or three weeks and came around, got a kill/empowerment/induct on the same day and Dupmasione died later that day.

But I had nothing to go off, and dupmasione forcing the empowerment and everything else brought me back into the character. It is so easy to return in as a player, but not in an essence that will give a character a long life and stick around and be a boon to the cabal.

I just wanted to give that spark back into you

MamedTue 12-Jan-10 08:07 PM
Member since 09th Dec 2003
132 posts
#89809, "RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade"
In response to Reply #0

I loved you man I did help a lot and you helped me. How ever
the only thing i didnt like is how cold you got after. Even my
later characters lost sight of the good side of you. I guess
leadership does that. I had a few other characters interact. I
enjoyed all the explore times learned a lot to how to get to
trothon how to get around in the underdark how to get to the
dwarfs all kinds of stuff i thank you fun stuff.. Next time
keep the same dont change as you grow older I missed the
interactions as you grew.

Jeremiah

MamedTue 12-Jan-10 08:08 PM
132 posts
#89810, "Liandrianer"
In response to Reply #2

Oh and I loved helping you get to leadership. I miss those
times. You were doing a fine job running the cabal! Thanks man
I love you hope we bond again some day perhaps another shifter
needs to be on the way

Jeremiah

Araevin (Guest)Tue 12-Jan-10 08:59 PM

#89815, "RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade"
In response to Reply #2

You were liffit as well right?

I tried to stop your advances for a reason. When he became
leader i took on the 50's father figure type. Quiet,
commanding, who could give orders with just a glance or the
way he would look at somebody.
He tried super hard to not beckon at every call, or heal
someone at whim because he wanted to teach his men to rely on
themselves. Not because it would make it easier, but because
when he wasnt around, they would never have that option.

It was very intentional that i ignored those advances, and it
was because of the sheer reason that he joined the brigade,
because he watched his wife and daughter die and he was unable
to prevent it.

Varanjur (Guest)Tue 12-Jan-10 07:50 PM

#89808, "RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade"
In response to Reply #0

I plan on playing another fortress character and I hope you do too. I've been playing a lot longer than you have, and granted I only just came back to the game after about two years of absence, but you made me feel like a newbie. Good times. See you in the Fifth Age. AND. In the FORTRESS!

Araevin (Guest)Tue 12-Jan-10 08:55 PM

#89814, "RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade"
In response to Reply #1

I really liked Varanjur.

You were one of the people i felt i could really trust when i fought alongside, and i was speaking with an immortal about your accomplishments and you were one of the people i was trying to get Maran'd just before it died.

MamedTue 12-Jan-10 09:03 PM
132 posts
#89816, "RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade"
In response to Reply #4

Thats what i kinda thought but i wasnt sure. Thats why i really just listened to you cause as Liandrianer I knew me and you could just about defeat anyone. Again it was my first healer so sorry for those few times of being incompentant. I learned a lot from you from Thror to when I took the time to listen but i needed Liffit to be different then Liandrianer more energetic more go get it more Ima gonna forge mah own ####. I almost thought a few times you knew already that I was Liandrianer but i didnt know i tried hard to disquise it. Again well done and I am looking forward to getback into the fort once thy port is changed. Right now ima #### out of luck I want to be a healer again cause I didnt get to really explore the class yet. Hopefully with my new role and what not it will go well! See yah in the fields I hope!

Jeremiah

MamedTue 12-Jan-10 09:04 PM
132 posts
#89817, "RE: Ardryll - Captain of the Brigade"
In response to Reply #6

Or i learned a lot of Thror from you. I didnt grasp some of the vital parts of his relegion but now I do and I am exited to try again one day. Perhaps take a healer to a squire role or somethin lol healers rock

Jeremiah

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #89802 Previous topic | Next topic