Subject: "Cyvus- Since we can't remake them I wanted to make a fe..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #89798
Show all folders

TJHuronTue 12-Jan-10 01:41 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89798, "Cyvus- Since we can't remake them I wanted to make a few comments"

I was starting to get into a groove with this character. I had good interactions with just about everyone I met. Enemy or friendly.

After reading the thread about good align battle ragers I did start to hestitate about attacking some goody mages. I could justify it with my role because it was set up in such a way that his expeiences were even though you were good, you used magic and that could make you act uncharacteristaclly.

Thror- Thanks for the interactions. It was a shame I couldn't complete the quest. That damn ribcage was there one day when I looked for it but the Ihnzurthia was immune to all the daggers I had. I never remembered her being immune to certain normal attacks, plus, I was I didn't have enough time to go and get different daggers. When I came back it was gone and never in again. That's when I noticed Tinsalaop had one of them.

Tinsalaop- You were tough as nails. I was hoping to see you again during the last few log ins. You were wearing the breastplate of the dwarven ribcage that Thror tasked me to get and Yean then started a mage killing contest where you got a big reward for getting the strongest mage. I knew that my chances were slim, but, I'll be damned if I wasn't going to go balls to the wall trying to get you! I had been considering fighting your devil in an effort to get it to turn and that was going to be my next tactic, especially since Thror recommended that too. Unfortunately, I never got the chance. I'm not sure how well it would have worked. I'm sure out of all conjie characters, yours would be the hardest to get servitors to turn on. Well done, you were one tough mother ####er.

As far as my legacy choices went. Having just played Bartis with Gates I went back and looked at my score and noticed that I was usually only carrying 140-150lbs worth of weight. This was partially because I didn't have many weapons to carry, but, in my opinion the same should hold true for a dagger/hand spec. The decision kind of came down to choosing Gates or Soul and whether I thought Gates could save me more than 200hp of damage. I went ahead and chose it. Alot of people say Gates is based on armor weight. I don't necessarily believe that. I was able to get a #### ton of the Gates echoes (I can't remember exactly how many, but, it was alot) and was still able to keep my weight below 50% of max weight on an elf. I feel that the dam redux did save me more than 200hp of damamge, and ultimately it was a good choice. I really enjoyed it, its a shame the character died before I wanted him too!

Anyways, I had fun with this character. Please post any comments you might have about him!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Cyvus- Since we can't remake them I wanted to make ..., HammerSong, 14-Jan-10 12:02 AM, #13
Reply Generally speaking, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 13-Jan-10 07:07 PM, #11
Reply RE: Cyvus- Since we can't remake them I wanted to make ..., Asetath (Guest), 13-Jan-10 11:10 AM, #7
Reply RE: Cyvus- Since we can't remake them I wanted to make ..., Cyvus (Guest), 13-Jan-10 11:21 AM, #9
Reply You were a lot tougher than I had expected..., Lamanee (Guest), 13-Jan-10 10:48 AM, #6
Reply RE: You were a lot tougher than I had expected..., Cyvus (Guest), 13-Jan-10 11:16 AM, #8
Reply Had fun fighting you as Cyvus and Bartis, Sahel (Guest), 13-Jan-10 10:43 AM, #5
Reply RE: Had fun fighting you as Cyvus and Bartis, Cyvus (Guest), 13-Jan-10 11:21 AM, #10
Reply RE: Cyvus- Since we can't remake them I wanted to make ..., Quas -Treblis (Guest), 12-Jan-10 06:32 PM, #2
Reply Gates, TJHuron, 12-Jan-10 07:43 PM, #3
Reply Strongest Mage? Not me!, Tinsalaop (Guest), 12-Jan-10 02:47 PM, #1
     Reply You were my toughest foe by far..., Minyar, 12-Jan-10 09:54 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Strongest Mage? Not me!, Younginvoker (Guest), 13-Jan-10 07:30 PM, #12

HammerSongThu 14-Jan-10 12:02 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89908, "RE: Cyvus- Since we can't remake them I wanted to make ..."
In response to Reply #0

Cyvus rocked. I knew I was dealing with a vet when I interacted with him.

I came up with a more difficult quest simply because I had been a bit lenient with some of the previous individuals looking for my mark. It should be a difficult task. Regardless, you did a great job of coming to me 'asking' to be mentored. I think that helped you understand Thror more.

I enjoyed watching this character. Definately had a pair - though not quite as deadly as Bartis. That little beast was brutal.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 07:07 PM

#89892, "Generally speaking"
In response to Reply #0

It won't matter to an experienced evil conjie if their servitors turn on them.

Once I'd played Masigner for a while there were a lot of ways I knew to handle it, ranging from having my familiar fight it whilst I rested and made a circle, to having the familiar kill it outright so I didn't even have to dismiss, to dismissing it (which is close to 100% reliable once you get the hang of how to go about using dismissal.

Asetath (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 11:10 AM

#89869, "RE: Cyvus- Since we can't remake them I wanted to make ..."
In response to Reply #0

Given my forms, I wasn't too afraid of you as long as I had preps, but I knew that unless you dual wielded a couple daggers and drop linked in combat or something incredibly dumb, I'd never kill you solo.

You were tougher than most ragers, and I'll never think of gates the same again.

Good luck and all that.

Cyvus (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 11:21 AM

#89874, "RE: Cyvus- Since we can't remake them I wanted to make ..."
In response to Reply #7

Yeah, I don't think I ever expected to kill you solo either. I wasn't set up for the porcupine. I could wear a staff/spear, but, I couldn't do much with it to make a difference. It was merely to keep me alive.

That fight with you and Haphollin (sp?) on the water outside the Island was a good one. The first time I fled I didn't notice the poison resistance on you too and tried to dash back in and maledict, then I realized my big mistake. The rolling/pincer combo really slowed me down. By the time I was able to flee again I was thinking lets get the hell outta here, but, I ran right back into you. Nice job.

Lamanee (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 10:48 AM

#89866, "You were a lot tougher than I had expected..."
In response to Reply #0

...That fight on eastern you really ate me up. (Though I wasn't prepped at all.)

So, as my RP dicated logic told me to come back with enough power to bring you down. Thus an imperial healer at my side. A smach, I got you. ####ty way to go though. You were really tough. And as my RP dicated I couldn't return you your weapons. (Request is a bitch, I know since playing Arrna.)

Cyvus (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 11:16 AM

#89871, "RE: You were a lot tougher than I had expected..."
In response to Reply #6

Yeah, that was a great fight. I don't blame you for doing what you did. I actually didn't mean to walk that far into the stunted forest. Once I got in, I couldn't get out or get away from you two. I guess that's that advantage of having one person scan/walk and the second attack. I remember trying to avoid you waiting for the tick to pass because resist was about to fall and I could bandage again. Then I might have had a chance to escape. Unfortunately, you battered me just as the tick came- Ouch! Nice job.

As far as the weapons go, I can't fault you for taking them. It's tribunal rules. I know that. I appreciate your efforts to make ammends. I wasn't going to make an enemy out of you over it. You did your job, but, yeah you're right. Request can be a pain in the ass like that. Anyways, I could tell you weren't prepped for the first fight and I think that lulled me into a false sense of confidence for the next fight. Once you came back with more protections you were pretty tough yourself. I like HPM. Well done. Roll another and see you in the fields.

Sahel (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 10:43 AM

#89864, "Had fun fighting you as Cyvus and Bartis"
In response to Reply #0

I think it took a few fights before I realized you had gates. I remember thinking the same thing quas mentioned, like where is his bard? Never imagined gates on an elf. Good combo and tough enemy.

Cyvus (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 11:21 AM

#89875, "RE: Had fun fighting you as Cyvus and Bartis"
In response to Reply #5

Agreed, I enjoyed our fights too. Thanks for posting those logs of the Bartis fights. Nice work with Sahel and good luck with your new incarnation!

Quas -Treblis (Guest)Tue 12-Jan-10 06:32 PM

#89803, "RE: Cyvus- Since we can't remake them I wanted to make ..."
In response to Reply #0

Man when we were first fighting against you I was thinking... there is no way he has this much DR, where is his bard, then I looked at your gear and saw the mithril and the bracer and knew bam gates! I love gates! But it really seemed to do well stacked with field dressing with omsom I just couldn't figure out a way the two of us could counteract the fact that after X rounds of combat he just couldn't hit you or avoid any hits and that even with both of us focusing on direct damage we couldn't out pace your healing and DR. I was always curious how that combo could play out and you did it justice, tough as nails.

As for gates it is purely based on your AC. My impresion is not that you get an echo when you change tiers but you get an echo whenever you wear/remove gear and it is in effect or dropping. So if your totally naked and with spell affects trigger gates then you would get an echo for every piece of gear you wear. The other combo i want to see is a prepped giant warrior with gates, I can just imagine that combo on say a storm being ludacrisly hard to hurt (shield, aura, stone skin, armor, iron skin they all allow you to get gates to its peak without actually having to focus on gearing for it)

TJHuronTue 12-Jan-10 07:43 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89807, "Gates"
In response to Reply #2

Yeah, I'd like to see that combo too. I'm not sure about how much woldrun geared for it, but, I remember sparing with him and it seemed to be pretty sick DR. I believe there is a bunch of nice magical gear out there that is great for Gates too.

It definately has become one of my favorite legacies and I would pick it again in a heartbeat if it seems to fit. As for the echoes your right about the gear thing, however, I did notice that it would take me adding two pieces of gear to get an echo instead of one. The one thing I did often wonder about is sometimes you get an echo wielding weapons. What's up with that?

As for our fights, they were lots of fun. Nice work. Yeah, my lecagy choices were pretty tough for giants especially. Didn't you play Wuuble too? You ate my lunch a few times with him. Nice work and good luck with whatever you pick next.

Tinsalaop (Guest)Tue 12-Jan-10 02:47 PM

#89799, "Strongest Mage? Not me!"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed our fights a lot. You were also really tough. I am unsure if attacking my devil as anyone but Dup would be a good idea. Since the devil would still periodically maladict you and then would get 2 to 3 attacks on you as a level 60+ creature who does *** DEVS *** and then bashes and trips. Dup could handle it, but I am unsure a warrior could, but I may be mistaken.

Beyond that, I'll be putting my goodbye up here shortly. There goes trying to be the most nasty recorded conjurer in the history of Thera! Hah.

You were a great enemy and I'm flattered that someone considered me tough. Our battles were great and you were never a push over, ever.

GLWN

MinyarTue 12-Jan-10 09:54 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89822, "You were my toughest foe by far..."
In response to Reply #1

I don't count the lich because they rarely show up.

Younginvoker (Guest)Wed 13-Jan-10 07:30 PM

#89894, "RE: Strongest Mage? Not me!"
In response to Reply #1

When you were just starting at, as Menthias, I could almost stand up to most anyone in my PK range, and make them flee, except a few. You were just that one person I didn't have a chance to flee! I would definitely consider you the strongest mage. Even with ABS, and 5 shields up, you beat the crap out of me.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #89798 Previous topic | Next topic