Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Dawryn Mireleaf the Lord of the H..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #89658
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 02-Jan-10 01:24 AM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17210 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89658, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Dawryn Mireleaf the Lord of the Hunt"

Sat Jan 2 00:23:21 2010

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Dawryn perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:ranger
Level:50
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:115

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Fun little diversion, Trouble, 02-Jan-10 01:32 PM, #1
     Reply I dug you., dwimmerling, 02-Jan-10 02:55 PM, #2
     Reply Thanks for the induction, even if it did take a while, Trouble, 03-Jan-10 12:15 PM, #10
     Reply My wish came true, Destrig (Guest), 02-Jan-10 04:28 PM, #3
     Reply RE: My wish came true, Trouble, 02-Jan-10 04:49 PM, #4
     Reply I should have guessed..., Twist, 02-Jan-10 05:45 PM, #5
     Reply heh, it was just dumb luck I think, Trouble, 03-Jan-10 12:09 PM, #8
     Reply A painful experience..., Lamanee (Guest), 02-Jan-10 08:08 PM, #6
     Reply entwine in civilized = dead ranger, Trouble, 03-Jan-10 12:13 PM, #9
          Reply Hehe, Alex (Guest), 03-Jan-10 05:21 PM, #12
          Reply RE: entwine in civilized = dead ranger, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 03-Jan-10 06:05 PM, #14
               Reply I'll post the log of the fight when I'm dead. n/t, Lamanee (Guest), 03-Jan-10 08:14 PM, #15
     Reply I really really liked swamp/savage., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 02-Jan-10 10:07 PM, #7
          Reply Yeah, I wish they'd move the Tree to a swamp., Trouble, 03-Jan-10 12:17 PM, #11
               Reply Let's also give all outies slay command:), Alex (Guest), 03-Jan-10 05:25 PM, #13

TroubleSat 02-Jan-10 01:32 PM
Member since 10th Nov 2003
208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89669, "Fun little diversion"
In response to Reply #0

Every once in a while I just have to play another ranger in CF. Although it was kind of a strange moment when I helped Nippit and Fezzle kill Truck after he'd tracked the little gnome back to the Refuge.

But my New Year's resolution was to reduce procrastination and CF is one of the best procrastination tools on the PC so Dawryn had to go. Besides, I figured I'd killed Destrig enough times.

By the way, Dawryn was in homage to Charles Darwin and if you'd read the role, you could hopefully pick that out.

The only real downsides to a swamp/savage are the very few opportunities you have to actually fight someone in a swamp. Well that, and I'm still not sure smear mud actually does anything at all in PK because I never once saw it actually have an impact.

The upsides are the relatively strong and accurate ambushes and the nice progs on the staff/spear.

Thanks guys, for keeping CF alive, even if it's but a shadow of it's glory days in terms of numbers.

dwimmerlingSat 02-Jan-10 02:55 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
216 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#89671, "I dug you."
In response to Reply #1

As I recall you were one of the ones on deck for awhile before I inducted you. And wow, did you ever perform after that. Good game, good luck with not procrastinating!

TroubleSun 03-Jan-10 12:15 PM
208 posts
#89701, "Thanks for the induction, even if it did take a while"
In response to Reply #2

It's kind of amazing that Outlander went from being everywhere to me being alone most of the time over the holidays. I could've used a healer trying to retrieve from the Empire and the Spire a couple of times.

GLWYN

Destrig (Guest)Sat 02-Jan-10 04:28 PM

#89672, "My wish came true"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry man, but I'm practically dancing that you deleted. You have *no* idea how frustrating it was to deal with you. I'd locate like 3-4 things you usually wear, see none of it and start a raid...then halfway through I'd get one shot. I'd be lucky if it took you two hits but I'd always flee into a snare anyways.

Relatively strong ambushes? Through stone skin, bear form, edged barsksin and 1 protective herb you hit me for 615 once. That's some crazy ####. At least I got revenge killing you at the Spire, on my turf.

Killing me though after I ran in to get my stuff at the Primeval was low though - you can RP it all you want but killing me immediately after I grab my things is just rude.

GL with your next.

TroubleSat 02-Jan-10 04:49 PM
208 posts
#89674, "RE: My wish came true"
In response to Reply #3

I did feel a little bad about that one, but there were 2 extenuating circumstances that said from a character's perspective that I probably needed to do it:

1) the day before you had sat there in the Tree after you died and healed up and raided immediately again and managed to get the fetish before I could get back to you, and 2) I had told you everything would go back to your pit (mainly because I didn't want #1 to happen again).

When you ignored that, I figured you were likely to raid again right away as soon as you healed. Heck, you already had gotten another treant, not something I would expect someone who was going to recall after getting their things was likely to do. So I whacked you again.

Still, I know it was a cheap kill but I felt like I'd given you an option to not let it happen and you didn't want to take it.

Anyway, good luck with Destrig, playing a druid in Tribunal has to be an interesting proposition. I probably won't do another character until summer.

TwistSat 02-Jan-10 05:45 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#89676, "I should have guessed..."
In response to Reply #1

Nobody pwns Twist with a ranger like Truck/Trouble. You really schooled me at the HLK, nice work.

TroubleSun 03-Jan-10 12:09 PM
208 posts
#89699, "heh, it was just dumb luck I think"
In response to Reply #5

Especially when you fled towards the jungle twice and pursuit actually fired (only times it had ever done so). Still, that was one of the longer, more drawn out battles I think I've had in recent years and really is what PK should be about rather than the 1 skill kills.

Thanks again for yet another epic battle against the evil side of Twist.

Lamanee (Guest)Sat 02-Jan-10 08:08 PM

#89679, "A painful experience..."
In response to Reply #1

...for both of us. First I whack you in my turf, a nasty one. You must have been prepped though, I wasn't.

Then next time I followed you out to the forest and you got that nasty ambush on me. Figured I wouldn't survive what looked as a hasted ranger in the forest after a huge ambush so quickly backed off. I even wasted a potion to get out which I'm usually to greedy to do.

TroubleSun 03-Jan-10 12:13 PM
208 posts
#89700, "entwine in civilized = dead ranger"
In response to Reply #6

And it didn't help that you had those 2 lieutenants with you. My only hope was to make you flee and I missed 2 pugils in a row. Bleh!

The real problem with rangers is that it's rare you can get anyone to actually fight you on wild ground, much less on your home turf. So you're almost always working at a disadvantage.

One teensy little ambush and everyone runs for the hills.

Alex (Guest)Sun 03-Jan-10 05:21 PM

#89710, "Hehe"
In response to Reply #9

The problem is not in ambush - you can prep for it. The problem is you don't fargin hit the ranger there if you are melee char.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Sun 03-Jan-10 06:05 PM

#89712, "RE: entwine in civilized = dead ranger"
In response to Reply #9

If it is just a single unprepped character, you should be able to force them off with serpent strike (assuming that -you- prepped because you are leaving the wilds).

Lamanee (Guest)Sun 03-Jan-10 08:14 PM

#89717, "I'll post the log of the fight when I'm dead. n/t"
In response to Reply #14

n/t

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Sat 02-Jan-10 10:07 PM

#89688, "I really really liked swamp/savage."
In response to Reply #1

But I totally agree with the lack of hometerrain fights.

TroubleSun 03-Jan-10 12:17 PM
208 posts
#89702, "Yeah, I wish they'd move the Tree to a swamp."
In response to Reply #7

Then we'd see some fun defenses. Maybe put it in the one near Seantryn and have the base of the Tree be a cave. We'd get all the ranger specialties working.

Alex (Guest)Sun 03-Jan-10 05:25 PM

#89711, "Let's also give all outies slay command:)"
In response to Reply #11

So they could just slay anyone who dared to try retrieve or raid out of camo. Think then there would be a long queue to try that and outies will have way more fun.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #89658 Previous topic | Next topic