Subject: "(DEL) Hyrendin the Master of Mithril" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8946
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 05-Sep-02 07:46 PM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8946, "(DEL) Hyrendin the Master of Mithril"

Thu Sep 5 21:44:50 2002

6 o''clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Old Forces on the Theran calendar Hyrendin perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:45
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SYLVAN, the Sylvan Warders
Hours:148
PK Ratio:69% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Ily (Guest)Sat 07-Sep-02 11:19 AM

#8947, "well"
In response to Reply #0

I am sorry you deleted. I can't say Ily is. Ily is wondering how to survive against the 14+ that are left and would do a little jig if he knew you were gone. *chuckle*.

That impale of yours was just sickening to me. I guess I had not quite learned how to deal with it effectively when we faught...but whenever you landed an impale, it didn't matter how much hp I had after the fight, I got to within 100 hp of dieing...with herbs.

Ily had alot of friends that were exasperated at your ability to show up wherever they were and impale them....and I guess that is a compliment.

I really enjoyed being able to finally kill you those two times, even though as a player I was really sorry the Executioner got the last hit that second time...at the rank you were at that is always rough.

A foe you can count on to bring it whenever and wherever (and still have a chance at surviving the fight) is a fun addition to the game.

Good luck with your next.

ps. Don't give in to the dark side, don't do another sylvan. *smile*

RacliSun 08-Sep-02 11:34 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
70 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#8948, "RE: well"
In response to Reply #4

thanks man. After the IC things and the post on Dio's I didnt think I'd hear anything but anti-Hyrendin comments lol. Nah but I hated Ily IC (as you know), but personally I liked him. Ranger tribunal (vindicator?), I've though of every "off the beaten path" combo except for that one. Anyway... yea that impale was pretty nasty. I impaled Saisivia I think it was, and she said it was disgusting. I maybe killed 20 people off the bleeding (of course they were all writhing/convulsing anyway). As far as me popping up, it comes from having played a thief (Raliyas) before this. I learned to show up everywhere, because there's always a point where people dont expect to get attack (in his case, robbed), so that's when I strike. More or less I just never back down from a fight or tried to "pick my fights" or anything like that. I won a lot of battles I didnt think I would. As for those two times you killed me, the one in the mountains made me mad. Just my luck you happened to come look for me out there. And then in the Spire. There's one thing I dont understand about defensive spin... I couldnt tank an arial guard to save my life. I mean really, I almost died every time. But when I fought arials (PCs), or any other high-dex class for that matter, I tore them apart (I survived without the impale better than against the mobs, and the impale helped a lot). So, when you came after me with those guards, I knew it was over. They just ripped me up to pieces and I think you got in two or three hits. LoL anyway Ily is a good char, keep working. I got a Tribunal in the making, but it always takes me a month to get from the low ranks unless I come up with some super-good role to motivate me because I HATE the low ranks. Wow, this is a long post. Guess seeing Ily made me have a bit of nostalgia. Had fun, Good Luck.

--SIG
Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights make a left

RacliThu 05-Sep-02 07:52 PM
70 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#8949, "RE: (DEL) Hyrendin the Master of Mithril"
In response to Reply #0

Not much to say. After playing Raliyas I wanted to try a char that I could PK with, and try something new (I like to pick things most people dont, new cabals, etc). So I tried a dwarf spear/staff sylvan. Was fun, but had no RP, since I mostly made this char to test out legacies. Didnt get to my second one, and Flow of Shadows while nice, was disappointing due to the int/dex thing. Regardless, I managed to PK pretty good despite what people said about dwarfs and spear specs, until I got to rank 45 where I got in a 45k hole and was getting attacked by everyone from 30-51. No RP made the char get boring too, and I didnt think twice about deleting. Sylvan was cool I guess, though I question why they hunt what they do. Explanation from someone who knows the history of thera and warders? Anyway, already rolled another warrior, gonna try out some more. LoL I promise I'll RP a bit this time. If anyone has something to ask, or comment about, just do so and I'll respond.

--SIG

PrendacFri 06-Sep-02 12:33 PM
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8950, "RE: (DEL) Hyrendin the Master of Mithril"
In response to Reply #1

You were a good guy. Thanks for interviewing me... I read the note with my recommendation by you and I really liked you for that. Being killed five times in one day (a little while back) must have been tough, but you hung in there. Good luck with the next char.

See ya in the fields

RacliSat 07-Sep-02 08:25 AM
70 posts
#8951, "RE: (DEL) Hyrendin the Master of Mithril"
In response to Reply #2

No problem. You handled the interview well, even the long journey to find out what I asked you. Yea but there were good times, and a few bad times during the end. All in all there was just no reason to keep playing him. I might roll up another Sylvan some day... some day... lol

--SIG

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8946 Previous topic | Next topic