Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Irwien the Unspoken Name, Imperial S..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #89424
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 21-Dec-09 09:24 AM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89424, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Irwien the Unspoken Name, Imperial Shadow Lord"

Mon Dec 21 08:22:40 2009

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Irwien perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:129

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Realized I haven't listed past characters....., Irwien (Guest), 22-Dec-09 08:23 AM, #11
Reply Myrakie was a hoot!, A Young Thief (Guest), 22-Dec-09 09:11 PM, #15
     Reply Yep, Irwien (Guest), 23-Dec-09 08:19 AM, #16
Reply Well..., Irwien (Guest), 21-Dec-09 05:48 PM, #2
Reply Can't edit: Fixed here, Irwien (Guest), 21-Dec-09 05:53 PM, #3
Reply RE: Well..., Isildur, 21-Dec-09 06:48 PM, #4
Reply Not that simple., Irwien (Guest), 22-Dec-09 08:06 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Not that simple., Isildur, 22-Dec-09 09:52 AM, #12
Reply RE: Well..., Wuuble (Guest), 21-Dec-09 09:26 PM, #5
Reply Well done., Irwien (Guest), 22-Dec-09 08:11 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Well done., Wuuble (Guest), 22-Dec-09 05:22 PM, #13
          Reply Actually...., Irwien (Guest), 23-Dec-09 08:22 AM, #17
Reply RE: Well..., Kartal (Guest), 22-Dec-09 01:43 AM, #6
     Reply Thanks, Irwien (Guest), 22-Dec-09 08:16 AM, #9
Reply That is a shame...., Lamanee (Guest), 21-Dec-09 05:22 PM, #1
     Reply HA, Irwien (Guest), 22-Dec-09 08:20 AM, #10
          Reply The funny thing is that less than 10 ticks later..., Lamanee (Guest), 22-Dec-09 05:46 PM, #14

Irwien (Guest)Tue 22-Dec-09 08:23 AM

#89447, "Realized I haven't listed past characters....."
In response to Reply #0

Arkuss, Rikkiri, Hyrix, Ophanelu, Aernite, Myrakie....
Only a couple that I've made to hero range with.

Thanks to everyone again for the goodbyes.
See you in the Fields.

A Young Thief (Guest)Tue 22-Dec-09 09:11 PM

#89457, "Myrakie was a hoot!"
In response to Reply #11

I remember that character, as I remember they were a felar thief and SpyMaster?

Irwien (Guest)Wed 23-Dec-09 08:19 AM

#89461, "Yep"
In response to Reply #15

Myrakie was my first Hero. Felar/Thief. Oldschool trapper w/push & knife, I think. And SpyMaster, too.

Irwien (Guest)Mon 21-Dec-09 05:48 PM

#89431, "Well..."
In response to Reply #0

I had a lot of fun with this character. Took the Oath because Tarleton would marry me when he did, and then he deleted, so I was left with a lot of "What now..." in my role. I leveled up really, really fast at first until about 43, and it left my skills a little worse for the wear. Thugs are super sweet, but I screwed up some choices on my other skills that I really should have planned better.

Most of the time I felt like a total failure with this character, though it hit me harder when a paladin or conjurer could waste me in one lag round. PK was really easy in the mid-ranks, so it left me a bit stuck up on myself as I entered Hero range and started getting my thief ass beat all over the place.

Build was really, really good for big fights, but a lot of the time there were no Imperials around on my playing times to speak of. I geared almost only for I tried to retrieve as much as possible, and jumped at most oppertunities to raid. If I wasn't fully (and I mean to the 9's) prepared to fight cabal inners, I got totally rocked. Yay thief!

But, with the holidays here and some other stuff going on, I just don't have the hours to sit down and play like I used to and decided that it just wasn't fair to have a leader character who I was letting idle so much.

Empire Immortals have always been my favorite. Rock on Subjugator, and thanks for the few chats that we had.

I'm out of time for this post, but I'll reply to anyone to posts when I can. Thanks for all the great interactions!

Irwien (Guest)Mon 21-Dec-09 05:53 PM

#89432, "Can't edit: Fixed here"
In response to Reply #2

Should be: I geared only for damage roll, and it was totally worth it.

IsildurMon 21-Dec-09 06:48 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89433, "RE: Well..."
In response to Reply #2

> Build was really, really good for big fights, but a lot of the time there were no Imperials around on my playing times to speak of.

Is this just referencing cheap shot + circle stab, or are you talking about upper-tier thug skills?

Irwien (Guest)Tue 22-Dec-09 08:06 AM

#89443, "Not that simple."
In response to Reply #4

I stopped thug path right before Strike, as I thought it would drop out my edge compared to the general skills I could learn. Going full thug probably would have been better. I also had quite a number of General thief skills that MIGHT have come in handy, and yet never did.

All in all, the build was good, but having played as many thieves as I have, I definitely feel that I could have made better choices in the usefulness of my skills.

Irwien was my 3rd Imperial Thief, second to get Shadow Lord. I feel like a lot of my basis was learn-and-grow based on playing far more Imperial Assassins. I'd never played a Thug, but I've been rolled by them (lol) so I guess my expectations were too high at hero range. I'd also lost a lot of my oomf with the character by the time I hit 43 or so, so sticking with a huge number of fights, where I rarely came out ontop, was a struggle.

IsildurTue 22-Dec-09 09:52 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#89448, "RE: Not that simple."
In response to Reply #7

I was just asking why you thought he was good for "big fights". Like, what specifically about your build made it good in that particular scenario.

Wuuble (Guest)Mon 21-Dec-09 09:26 PM

#89434, "RE: Well..."
In response to Reply #2

It was you who convinced me to take the oath and join the empire. It was fun for a while there. I enjoyed fighting you as my previous char as well. Good luck with your next.

Irwien (Guest)Tue 22-Dec-09 08:11 AM

#89444, "Well done."
In response to Reply #5

Irwien absolutely hated you, right down to a cellular level I think. I more than happily would have killed you before, and while, you were an Oath. But, I was told that you could/should be given the Oath, so it was done. Orders from the Council were one thing Iriwen never took lightly. You also took the Oath from me instead of getting pushed around by a certain Imperial who's name I honestly can't remember, and that was something that Iwrien could respect, since she assumed you'd get Anathema anyways. I had money on your head. DO NOT KNOW what made me think I could fight a grizzly, but I had a lot of fun.

I could be very much off my mark, but I feel like your "Imperial" RP was a totally different person than the Wuuble that I interacted with after you were made anathema. It was cool to hear the reasons that you would betray the Empire, even though Irwien thought they were completely the most arrogant, stupid string of words she'd ever heard.

Well done! Good luck with your next.

Wuuble (Guest)Tue 22-Dec-09 05:22 PM

#89452, "RE: Well done."
In response to Reply #8

Well wuuble the character is totally self absorbed and supremely arrogant. He took the oath simply because the empire came to him and asked him. Once it no longer amused him he cast it off. Welcome to self serving evil.

Thief vs pretty much any offense form is usually going to go poorly for the thief. throw in a detect hidden form and flyto and... well the thief can win but there is a lot going in favor of the shifter from a mechanical standpoint.

Irwien (Guest)Wed 23-Dec-09 08:22 AM

#89462, "Actually...."
In response to Reply #13

I would have made you run like a girl with your owl. I had just happened to lag myself enough that when you shifted I was 2 rounds into it with the bear and decided to go to the burger. Not a good choice. Heh.

Imperials offer the Oath to everyone. I think I offered it to you at least four seperate times before you took it. Whoever made you a citizen gave you a lot more credit than I did giving you the Oath.

Kartal (Guest)Tue 22-Dec-09 01:43 AM

#89440, "RE: Well..."
In response to Reply #2

Good role play, indeed you were beating well in midranks. I wish you did not delete, we should have fought once more...

Irwien (Guest)Tue 22-Dec-09 08:16 AM

#89445, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #6

It's simply not a joke how many people I straight ran over in the midranks. I found myself hardly ever dying (and when I did it was straight gangs that I 100% deserved), and even in fights that I would come out of with nothing I could be sure that someone else was hurting worse.

Had a lot of fun fighting you, for sure. After I hit about 40 levels, it was the rare person that would know I was near them and stand still long enough to get my dagger. You were one of them. I remember stalking around you for a really, really long time trying to decide how much preperation it would take to corpsify you. I don't remember who you ended up fighting instead of me, but you killed them while I was watching and were barely wounded. I know I passed on attacking you that time, but I was always jawdropped by the damage you could take from me and still me more than happy cutting me up.

Good show.

Lamanee (Guest)Mon 21-Dec-09 05:22 PM

#89429, "That is a shame...."
In response to Reply #0

... According to you I still owe you a pair of boots, and you owe me fifty gold. Hah!

Anyways, I enjoyed our interactions both as Lamanee and as another char I played.

GLWYN

Irwien (Guest)Tue 22-Dec-09 08:20 AM

#89446, "HA"
In response to Reply #1

Irwien had a shakey sort of respect for you at all times. We were 100% allies until I was trying to help you in Prosimy and the Paladin decided that it would be a good idea to attack me. My losing those boots was totally my fault and I was kicking myself up and down for the sheer stupidity of it. I assumed that you guys would stay and fight, and I'm near death and there's NO ONE in prosimy. Should have recalled, but I get a little stupid/brave when it comes to fighting.

After that, I had more than one avenue and plan to have you murdered, cut up, and tossed in Voralia's Tears with bare feet. I wasn't so concerned with the boots, but after I said that you owed them to me and you agreed, it was a devil's contract. I kept telling myself that I would just take your boots everytime you died to make myself feel better, but that was about the time that I started running out of energy with the character so that I couldn't fight back into the groove.

We had a lot of great interactions. Thanks and good luck.

Lamanee (Guest)Tue 22-Dec-09 05:46 PM

#89454, "The funny thing is that less than 10 ticks later..."
In response to Reply #10

... The guy who had your boots died. And you had just logged off. (I managed to beat the bastard 1 on 1 and retake my precious wide copper too hah!)

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #89424 Previous topic | Next topic