Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Drak the Warden of the Winds" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #89232
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 13-Dec-09 01:00 AM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89232, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Drak the Warden of the Winds"

Sat Dec 12 23:57:12 2009

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Drak perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:ranger
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:65

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Drak the Warden of the Winds, drak (Guest), 13-Dec-09 01:51 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Drak the Warden of the Winds, Cyre (Guest), 13-Dec-09 03:37 AM, #4
Reply There are always birds comming., Drak (Guest), 13-Dec-09 11:31 AM, #5
     Reply expand that to all of thera and its accurate, wuuble (Guest), 13-Dec-09 06:08 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Drak the Warden of the Winds, cyvus (Guest), 13-Dec-09 02:46 PM, #6
Reply Really? I figured I was going to be uninducted., Drak (Guest), 13-Dec-09 02:59 PM, #7
     Reply I'm not a Battle Imm..., Twist, 13-Dec-09 05:16 PM, #8
          Reply Dependant upon the player, Hyshrawr (Guest), 15-Dec-09 05:40 PM, #19
               Reply as one of the only two villagers to not get the boot du..., quas (Guest), 15-Dec-09 05:46 PM, #20
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Drak the Warden of the Winds, Malakhi, 13-Dec-09 05:47 PM, #9
Reply Thanks Mal., Drak (Guest), 13-Dec-09 06:13 PM, #11
Reply Wasn't sure how to take you...I think a lot of other vi..., Matren (Guest), 14-Dec-09 10:51 AM, #12
     Reply Here's what you dont know., Drak (Guest), 14-Dec-09 03:10 PM, #13
          Reply wow...seriously?, Matren (Guest), 15-Dec-09 12:24 AM, #14
          Reply You letter is completely OOC., Drak (Guest), 15-Dec-09 10:52 AM, #17
               Reply I think the Imms would remove it and tell me not to do ..., Matren (Guest), 15-Dec-09 03:06 PM, #18
          Reply No offense, but, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 15-Dec-09 03:58 AM, #15
               Reply Did you mean fort or battle? Just curious! nt, Cyvus (Guest), 15-Dec-09 09:11 AM, #16
                    Reply I meant fort, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 16-Dec-09 06:26 PM, #21
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Drak the Warden of the Winds, Ardryll (Guest), 13-Dec-09 01:48 AM, #1
     Reply I played an archer/plainsrunner to pursuit..., Drak (Guest), 13-Dec-09 02:43 AM, #3

drak (Guest)Sun 13-Dec-09 01:51 AM

#89235, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Drak the Warden of the Winds"
In response to Reply #0

Just wanted to play a DB archer. I did, not all that wow really but a couple perks.

Only bleh excerience was with a gnome shifter. Tired, night.

Cyre (Guest)Sun 13-Dec-09 03:37 AM

#89238, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Drak the Warden of the Winds"
In response to Reply #2

Oh man you suck for this!

Finally had someone that could see birds coming....BAH!!!!

Drak (Guest)Sun 13-Dec-09 11:31 AM

#89241, "There are always birds comming."
In response to Reply #4

Wuuble flies galadon to hamsah to arkham to refuge non stop.

If there is an airform on he is overhead.

wuuble (Guest)Sun 13-Dec-09 06:08 PM

#89252, "expand that to all of thera and its accurate"
In response to Reply #5

flap flap, why sit still to get shot at?

cyvus (Guest)Sun 13-Dec-09 02:46 PM

#89246, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Drak the Warden of the Winds"
In response to Reply #2

Damn dude,

Did you really have to delete? I was looking forward to hero rank fighting with you. Thought you did great. GLWYN

Drak (Guest)Sun 13-Dec-09 02:59 PM

#89247, "Really? I figured I was going to be uninducted."
In response to Reply #6

I lost 2 con last night once Scion started their run.

Pretty sure an axe was comming for that.

TwistSun 13-Dec-09 05:16 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89249, "I'm not a Battle Imm..."
In response to Reply #7

...but if I saw one of them uninduct a rager for losing con to mages, I'd make fun of them a lot.

Uninduction from battle should be about not being a good hater of magic (using magic, running away from every mage you see) or being a coward (ganging excessively, and often) or something like that.

Fighting the good fight and losing shouldn't be a reason, IMO.

Hyshrawr (Guest)Tue 15-Dec-09 05:40 PM

#89339, "Dependant upon the player"
In response to Reply #8

After my last break from CF I had returned to play a village assassin (breaking new ground for me, I know). Played a LOT solo, because I played a lot in general, and had a fair share of deaths in defending/attempts to recover etc. and when a new Battle Imm (the bear one) showed on the scene and booted everyone from the village. I got told directly that my wins vrs losses made it impossible for me to return to the village as a berserker. So if he was last around during that time period I could understand his thoughts on the con loss = axe from the village as a berserker.

For myself, that particular experience turned me off playing ragers. Haven't played one since.

quas (Guest)Tue 15-Dec-09 05:46 PM

#89340, "as one of the only two villagers to not get the boot du..."
In response to Reply #19

It was all berserkers who got booted. Me (jarsharlax) and Jinroh were the only non berserkers at the time. That whole incident should not be indicative as normal business for the village, plus ordasen was an asshole. I mean what else do you expect from a cop.

MalakhiSun 13-Dec-09 05:47 PM
Member since 12th Dec 2009
367 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89251, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Drak the Warden of the Winds"
In response to Reply #2

A ranger rager is a tough row to hoe. Especially a hunter/plainsrunner. And a berserker. So game mechanics wise I thought you might throw in the towel sooner than later.

But you were pretty cool RP wise and knew your stuff so I had hopes.

Good luck with the next.

Drak (Guest)Sun 13-Dec-09 06:13 PM

#89253, "Thanks Mal."
In response to Reply #9

As silly as it seems, I was expecting greater mileage out of the Lash skill.

I had high hopes for serpent strike with whip followed by lash and pursuit.

My RP wasn't comming for the character either. But thanks though. Hope you become a good I'm pressence.

Matren (Guest)Mon 14-Dec-09 10:51 AM

#89272, "Wasn't sure how to take you...I think a lot of other vi..."
In response to Reply #2

You seemed eager to learn and very gutsy. Gutsy to the point of being too gutsy. I think you had as mack coming from Thror if it had continued, but I wouldn agree with Twist about the dying. There were how many foes and how many of us? The thing that I as the ooc person controlling Matren had a problem with was your attitude about questions. You would ask things and we would try and answer them and you would get huffy. Then I would ask questions of you, and your answers would be generic. Like, I ask a specific thing and you say "yes." Anyway. In most things I liked Drak, but I definitely am nto surprised to see you burned out on it quick. I agree with Malakhi about the tough road. I didn't get to see much RP unfortunately.

I hope you enjoy whatever you do next.

Drak (Guest)Mon 14-Dec-09 03:10 PM

#89285, "Here's what you dont know."
In response to Reply #12

I wasn't attacking groups. I was trying to run up and sneak a kill on one and got caught.

On another three of them fogged me out and got me.

On another Fris got me.

On the rest I died one on one.

I was surviving attacks from groups far more than I was dying.

All that aside, I think you over estimate your importance.

I asked you maybe one question and you came across pretty ####ty in your answer so I didn't ask you again, ever.

When I die with any character I report how to my group and cabal. That doesn't mean I'm baffled by it. I'm just passing on information to others.

I told you everyone who was at the casm, and you kept nitpicking about specifics when I was running from them, dealing with summon, night walkers and god knows what else. So I just had time to type in "All".

It's clear from your lengthy quasi-ooc letter to battle abour gear locations that you have in game knowledge, so do I. I just don't play characters that refer to the world like they are reading from dioxides. It's a peev of mine and one you seem inclined toward.

I will say that while my experiences with you weren't unpleasant, they were my least enjoyable of all of battle.

I won't say anything about some questionable timming on logins between you and another who raced off to gear up within a span of seconds.

Anyway, that could be saying too much. I know I wasn't a good rager but I didn't see anything out of you either.

Matren (Guest)Tue 15-Dec-09 12:24 AM

#89303, "wow...seriously?"
In response to Reply #13

My letter to battle was not in the least bit ooc. Everything in that letter I have either obtained myself or given to Tahren. You were a rager for what...three days and you are questioning my logins. Well..I'm not going to post anything else about that, but I think others will back me up and so will my pbf when I'm done. It is fine that you typed all as a response. We would have loved for you to run to safety and then explained yourself. Like i said...you were gutsy, but in most cases going after that one person when the others are lurking is just going to get the others on you. Anyway. Let us end it here and just say you have no clue about my character or what he is about, and I really had no clue about yours. I could just tell you were going to burn out quickly.

Drak (Guest)Tue 15-Dec-09 10:52 AM

#89323, "You letter is completely OOC."
In response to Reply #14

I was trying to be nice and say quasi.

It's a gear list like you would find on the dikuwiki. I don't play my characters in such a way that they see mobs as recycling targets with powerups, so I would never write about a mob (That wasn't a merchant) and his gear, not would I ever refer to a mob and his gear that my character had never seen. I'm not saying I wouldn't find some excuse to move a character to one of these places for that gear. I'm just saying the character would be approaching new mobs as new experiences.

And You're correct, there was one log in that I saw where you and another rager logged in grouped and were immediatly gear hunting. I don't know the history of the two characters but I was just thinking.. Hrm. But in the end it was just a hunch. So sorry about that.

Matren (Guest)Tue 15-Dec-09 03:06 PM

#89333, "I think the Imms would remove it and tell me not to do ..."
In response to Reply #17

FYI - The Drillmaster referenced a list such as mine that he had done. So...ooc you understand means out of character. I will read my list again, but I'm fairly certain anything on it I have seen in person if not given to tahren. I will admit some items I have seen, but there is this cool skill that you get when you explore a lot that helps you know "what" will move the veil.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Tue 15-Dec-09 03:58 AM

#89306, "No offense, but"
In response to Reply #13

I think those "nitpicking" questions can be pretty useful. If fort had historically done that more, there'd be far fewer cases of them running in one by one to die.

Cyvus (Guest)Tue 15-Dec-09 09:11 AM

#89318, "Did you mean fort or battle? Just curious! nt"
In response to Reply #15

nt

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Wed 16-Dec-09 06:26 PM

#89365, "I meant fort"
In response to Reply #16

I know Drak was in Battle. I was just saying that the "nitpicky" stuff can be useful. And the best example seemed to be the fort and their historic tendency to all run in one by one without checking what the situation was first.

Ardryll (Guest)Sun 13-Dec-09 01:48 AM

#89234, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Drak the Warden of the Winds"
In response to Reply #0

That was super quick. What happened?

Drak (Guest)Sun 13-Dec-09 02:43 AM

#89237, "I played an archer/plainsrunner to pursuit..."
In response to Reply #1

And pretty much mastered every skill that could be mastered except timed attack.

Timed attack might be cool now that it ties in with stalk.

P.S. Stalk is 100 percent Int based. I had a cloud hunter and felar hunter. I thought I saw the cloud hunters stalk echo say "You continue to stalk" once but never again. It was always you begin to stalk.

With the arial I could run all over, return and continue to stalk.

Anyway zerker archer is okay. I didn't really try but he was uber surivable.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #89232 Previous topic | Next topic