Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Korost the Single-feathered Screw Loo..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #88589
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 29-Nov-09 12:12 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#88589, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Korost the Single-feathered Screw Loose of the Isle, Meter of Mind"

Sun Nov 29 11:08:30 2009

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Korost perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:227

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply My Farewells, Korost, 30-Nov-09 05:16 PM, #3
Reply Will miss you two!, Shyrauk (Guest), 30-Nov-09 05:52 PM, #4
Reply Hey! Look at Valkyneth! He seems to be pwning people! n..., Arrna (Guest), 30-Nov-09 06:33 PM, #5
Reply RE: My Farewells, Malakhi (Guest), 30-Nov-09 06:49 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Korost the Single-feathered Screw..., Asgeirr (Guest), 30-Nov-09 12:31 PM, #1
     Reply Really liked you, Korost, 30-Nov-09 03:10 PM, #2

KorostMon 30-Nov-09 05:16 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2009
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#88659, "My Farewells"
In response to Reply #0

Most of you probably don't even know who I am. Due to my work schedule my play times are isolated to the very late midnight hours so I didn't get to interact with a lot of people I would have liked to. My work schedule finally got to the point that I couldn't even manage to play much at all so I decided to not be a dead-beat hoarding leader.

NEXUS
Asgeirr: Rhyaldrin, you and I were quite the threesome, =P Had a lot of fun running around with you in the midbie ranks.

Rhyaldrin: What can I say? You are incredible. Taking over the reigns of leadership from Calb/Kyaltaru and managing to pull Nexus through a really tough time. You were one of the few who matched my playing time and everytime you were on we had a blast somewhere.

Kyaltaru: Ignore the haters, I loved your char. You were a great leader, I learned a lot from you and you really got into your RP and your role and created a true presence in CF.

Calbaseeeti: I have to agree with Rhyaldrin in saying that I have played another MUD for half a decade and never encountered a character as awesome as yours. The fact that the immortals play mortals with such great, positive impact on the game speaks volumes for the quality of this MUD.

HERALD
Shyrauk: My favorite person other than my fellow Nexites. I learned so much exploring with you and knew everytime I saw you on we would have a fun time. I will always remember your words of advice in Octagonal tower: "Don't come in."

EMPIRE
I'll lump you all together here. I had a lot of fun in the midbie ranks with the constant nexus-imperial war. I'm glad that war ended before I heroed and my PK range consisted of Tarleton, Ahtieli and Gzurweeg every night.

SCION
Bambizlo: Beast

Frismund: "Heya fella"

BATTLE
Faeghn: Had a lot of fun with you because you would actually take the time to RP while we had our skirmishes. I never really had a chance against you, but was fun nonetheless.

Malakhi: I don't really know what else I could have done to fight you differently. Thirsted spellbane nullified me completely and I'd did more damage to myself than to you by casting. I couldn't parry you at all so our fights were mostly me trying to avoid getting 1 rounded. Frustrating, to say the least.

This house really seems to attract full looting throwaway chars so thanks to those who brought something more meaningful to the cabal.

IMMORTALS
Neltouda: You were awesome. I'd love to make a pirate one day.

The rest: I didn't get to interact with many of you directly because of my playing hours but I'd like to take a moment to thank you all for your involvement in this game. I had played another MUD for about 6 years and I would have given an arm and a leg to get the interaction and feedback the immortal staff here provides to the CF playerbase.

I hope I didn't forget anyone but I'm sure I did. I had a blast with Korost and hope to see you all in the fields.

Observations on a Nexus Invoker: The range of difficulty for barrier locations was pretty extreme. Some locations were laughable whereas others seemed impossible or far too difficult to be worth it over limited sources. Despite 227 hours and 42 exploration points I never found my barrier. Invoker bond benefits weren't very useful for housemates and some spells that don't hit group and cabalmates DID hit bondmates. Nexus shifters are far more desirable to bond with. I don't really see an invoker being viable outside of Scion and even then, requiring 175 hours of mastery to be competitive with a lot of characters who only needed 50 is disappointing.

Shyrauk (Guest)Mon 30-Nov-09 05:52 PM

#88663, "Will miss you two!"
In response to Reply #3

Running into you and Rhyaldrin in the Inn one night and watching him get drunk and listening to your story was one of the fun points of playing. And yeah, I was dead in that room, didn't want anyone else getting dead too but such is life.

Tried to give you some barrier rods because after having long since given up on my own, I think 300+ hours into my life, I stumbled upon it purely by accident. Always enjoyed running with the two of you and exploring was lots of fun too! I look forward to whatever the two of you make next, and I'm saddened to find out that a Nexus invoker is only so so in terms of survivability. That bondmate thing sounds like a bad bug, assuming the spells in question aren't the type that can even hit the invoker.

Great characters and it's our loss that you couldn't stick it out some more, now who will I have to run around with?

Arrna (Guest)Mon 30-Nov-09 06:33 PM

#88670, "Hey! Look at Valkyneth! He seems to be pwning people! n..."
In response to Reply #3

n/t

Malakhi (Guest)Mon 30-Nov-09 06:49 PM

#88675, "RE: My Farewells"
In response to Reply #3

>Malakhi: I don't really know what else I could have done to
>fight you differently. Thirsted spellbane nullified me
>completely and I'd did more damage to myself than to you by
>casting. I couldn't parry you at all so our fights were
>mostly me trying to avoid getting 1 rounded. Frustrating, to
>say the least.
>

Well, if it helps for your next invoker, I seem to have some issues with full ABS/stoneskin invokers that have a lot of health, use shield of waves, and spam pillar. It's very difficult for me to kill an invoker like that 1v1 if they play just a little conservatively, and not too difficult for me to screw up and die In your case I do not think you used full protections and shield of waves much, and you did not seem to have an obscene amount of HP. So stock up on those and you'll cause some arial warriors heartaches!

My main memory of you was retrieving the Head at the island against you and Rhyaldrin, managing to PK you guys, and then as I was heading back for the village to recover, getting ambushed by Gzurweeg.

Asgeirr (Guest)Mon 30-Nov-09 12:31 PM

#88641, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Korost the Single-feathered Screw..."
In response to Reply #0

RIP Korost

I wish I could have stuck around with you and Rhy up to hero, there was still so much we could do!

KorostMon 30-Nov-09 03:10 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2009
5 posts
#88654, "Really liked you"
In response to Reply #1

I was really bummed when you vanished on us, we were having such a blast! Every day we'd hope you would show up again. I enjoyed you a lot and hope to see you around.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #88589 Previous topic | Next topic