Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrathful ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #87899
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 14-Nov-09 01:16 AM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#87899, "(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrathful Hand of the Reaping Grimace"

Sat Nov 14 00:13:46 2009

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Derogker perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:307

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Good job., Qrikot (Guest), 14-Nov-09 01:45 PM, #33
Reply RE: Good job., Derogker (Guest), 14-Nov-09 01:57 PM, #37
     Reply Wha.., Lhydia, 14-Nov-09 04:41 PM, #66
          Reply RE: Wha.., Derogker (Guest), 14-Nov-09 04:46 PM, #68
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..., Derogker (Guest), 14-Nov-09 10:20 AM, #13
Reply Look at the bright side, Kadsies (Guest), 14-Nov-09 11:32 AM, #15
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..., Daevryn, 14-Nov-09 11:54 AM, #20
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..., Derogker (Guest), 14-Nov-09 12:17 PM, #23
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..., Mergulla, 14-Nov-09 12:21 PM, #25
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..., Derogker (Guest), 14-Nov-09 12:45 PM, #27
Reply Just a random two cents, Quiet Observer (Guest), 14-Nov-09 02:45 PM, #45
Reply You're absolutely right, Mergulla, 14-Nov-09 03:01 PM, #47
Reply You do realize all these people are right?, TMNS_lazy (Guest), 14-Nov-09 03:21 PM, #49
     Reply RE: You do realize all these people are right?, Rayihn, 14-Nov-09 04:04 PM, #56
     Reply Possible solution?, Sleepy2 (Guest), 14-Nov-09 04:10 PM, #60
     Reply One thing that makes it tough., Minyar1 (Guest), 14-Nov-09 09:10 PM, #88
     Reply Might I ask a question or three?, Quiet Observer (Guest), 14-Nov-09 04:59 PM, #69
     Reply Play what you enjoy., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 14-Nov-09 05:45 PM, #75
     Reply Since I'm reading this, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 14-Nov-09 04:09 PM, #59
          Reply Jeez Bern, maybe I faced #### odds too and that got me ..., Abernytee (Guest), 14-Nov-09 05:58 PM, #77
               Reply Not saying a reward wasn't in order, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 14-Nov-09 07:03 PM, #80
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..., Daevryn, 14-Nov-09 12:41 PM, #26
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..., Derogker (Guest), 14-Nov-09 12:49 PM, #28
Reply I have to sympathise with Derog here, Maldaris (Guest), 16-Nov-09 09:27 PM, #93
     Reply Addressing to Shaman tactic, Tinalill (Guest), 17-Nov-09 02:57 AM, #95
          Reply RE: Addressing to Shaman tactic, Maldaris (Guest), 17-Nov-09 10:22 PM, #99
Reply Thoughts on Mergulla/Scion, Kalisda (Guest), 14-Nov-09 02:10 PM, #40
Reply This sounds shockingly familiar! -nt-, Mek (Guest), 17-Nov-09 02:53 PM, #96
     Reply Yup, Daevryn, 17-Nov-09 03:04 PM, #97
          Reply Or!, Mek (Guest), 17-Nov-09 09:47 PM, #98
               Reply I cosign this post.. Vag did the same to me, more or ..., Abernytee (Guest), 18-Nov-09 11:36 AM, #100
Reply Here is the suggestion for you Nep., Beront (Guest), 14-Nov-09 01:26 PM, #32
     Reply RE: Here is the suggestion for you Nep., Daevryn, 14-Nov-09 01:56 PM, #36
          Reply RE: Here is the suggestion for you Nep., Derogker (Guest), 14-Nov-09 02:05 PM, #38
          Reply RE: Here is the suggestion for you Nep., Daevryn, 14-Nov-09 02:12 PM, #42
          Reply RE: Here is the suggestion for you Nep., Mmumma (Guest), 14-Nov-09 03:25 PM, #50
          Reply The Imms are ####ing volunteers, you douchebag., Java, 14-Nov-09 03:42 PM, #53
               Reply Okay, douchebad., Mmumma (Guest), 14-Nov-09 04:00 PM, #54
               Reply How long does it typically take for a heroimm to take o..., Java, 14-Nov-09 05:03 PM, #70
                    Reply RE: How long does it typically take for a heroimm to ta..., Mmumma (Guest), 14-Nov-09 05:36 PM, #74
                         Reply Did you forget what we were talking about?, Java, 14-Nov-09 05:56 PM, #76
                              Reply RE: Did you forget what we were talking about?, Iukulli, 16-Nov-09 08:03 PM, #92
                                   Reply RE: Did you forget what we were talking about?, Maldaris (Guest), 16-Nov-09 09:31 PM, #94
               Reply RE: The Imms are ####ing volunteers, you douchebag., Derogker (Guest), 14-Nov-09 04:04 PM, #57
                    Reply Your analogy is off., Java, 14-Nov-09 05:05 PM, #71
          Reply RE: Here is the suggestion for you Nep., Mmumma (Guest), 14-Nov-09 03:38 PM, #51
               Reply RE: Here is the suggestion for you Nep., Daevryn, 14-Nov-09 04:11 PM, #61
               Reply RE: Here is the suggestion for you Nep., Mmumma (Guest), 14-Nov-09 04:34 PM, #65
               Reply True, to an extent. But you miss the whole point., Sleepy2 (Guest), 14-Nov-09 04:19 PM, #62
          Reply RE: Here is the suggestion for you Nep., Isildur, 14-Nov-09 08:20 PM, #85
          Reply Uh no its not.. n/t, Kadsies (Guest), 14-Nov-09 02:07 PM, #39
Reply I'm happy to have been mentioned :-), Ssirenia (Guest), 14-Nov-09 12:01 PM, #22
Reply RE: I'm happy to have been mentioned :-), Derogker (Guest), 14-Nov-09 12:53 PM, #29
     Reply Yeah:, Ssirenia (Guest), 14-Nov-09 01:13 PM, #30
          Reply RE: Yeah:, Derogker (Guest), 14-Nov-09 01:54 PM, #35
Reply Good Good Job., Tinsalaop (Guest), 14-Nov-09 01:23 PM, #31
Reply I figured you would go where you went...so here are a f..., Growwlis (Guest), 14-Nov-09 02:26 PM, #44
Reply I think when Dup deletes it'll be like Dalteric's Death..., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 14-Nov-09 03:13 PM, #48
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..., Ahtieli2 (Guest), 14-Nov-09 04:04 PM, #55
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..., Tangni (Guest), 14-Nov-09 04:07 PM, #58
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..., Beront (Guest), 14-Nov-09 05:25 PM, #73
Reply Crap, you're the second person to forget me in the batt..., Bezzilan (Guest), 14-Nov-09 06:01 PM, #78
Reply RE: Crap, you're the second person to forget me in the ..., Derogker (Guest), 14-Nov-09 07:53 PM, #82
Reply I thought your character was well done, Beib (Guest), 14-Nov-09 07:12 PM, #81
Reply I'm sorry., Dupmasione (Guest), 14-Nov-09 09:07 PM, #87
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..., Kalisda (Guest), 14-Nov-09 09:45 AM, #10
Reply Sorry for using you as a shortcut to that pumpkin., Lirad (Guest), 14-Nov-09 07:56 AM, #4
Reply My fav moment with Lirad., Derogker (Guest), 14-Nov-09 04:42 PM, #67
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..., Rhayldrin (Guest), 14-Nov-09 04:03 AM, #2
Reply Sorry you had a rough time, Hapohlln (Guest), 14-Nov-09 01:19 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Sorry you had a rough time, Mmumma (Guest), 14-Nov-09 06:28 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Sorry you had a rough time, Isildur, 14-Nov-09 08:43 AM, #5
               Reply RE: Sorry you had a rough time, Mmumma (Guest), 14-Nov-09 09:08 AM, #6
               Reply Shamans are meat for Paladins. Period. n/t, Lhydia, 14-Nov-09 09:15 AM, #7
               Reply Nonsense. Check logs. Period., Mmumma (Guest), 14-Nov-09 09:17 AM, #8
               Reply Lhydia is right. Shamans meat to Paladins, period.~, Elhe (Guest), 14-Nov-09 09:58 AM, #11
                    Reply umm my experience was the opposite, quas (Guest), 14-Nov-09 10:07 AM, #12
                    Reply That's basically my experience:, Daevryn, 14-Nov-09 11:51 AM, #18
                    Reply RE: That's basically my experience:, Mmumma (Guest), 14-Nov-09 12:00 PM, #21
                    Reply I hate that stupidity., Java, 14-Nov-09 12:20 PM, #24
                         Reply RE: I hate that stupidity., Mmumma (Guest), 14-Nov-09 02:50 PM, #46
                              Reply Perhaps., Java, 14-Nov-09 05:07 PM, #72
                                   Reply RE: Perhaps., Mmumma (Guest), 14-Nov-09 06:53 PM, #79
                                        Reply Oh, I get it., Java, 14-Nov-09 08:08 PM, #84
                                             Reply I think a shaman should be the pinnicle of defeating ot..., CD (Guest), 15-Nov-09 07:35 PM, #89
                                                  Reply They are, unless, daurwyn2 (Guest), 15-Nov-09 08:09 PM, #90
                                                  Reply I think a Shaman should have a distinct advantage over ..., Java, 15-Nov-09 09:35 PM, #91
                    Reply That used to be mine, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 14-Nov-09 04:21 PM, #64
                    Reply RE: umm my experience was the opposite, Isildur, 14-Nov-09 08:03 PM, #83
                         Reply RE: umm my experience was the opposite, Derogker (Guest), 14-Nov-09 08:56 PM, #86
                    Reply Wow...so wrong. Some Paladins are hard, thats true., Minyar1 (Guest), 14-Nov-09 03:39 PM, #52
               Reply I disagree, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 14-Nov-09 04:20 PM, #63
               Reply I am curious.., Kadsies (Guest), 14-Nov-09 11:35 AM, #16
                    Reply RE: I am curious.., Derogker (Guest), 14-Nov-09 11:43 AM, #17
                         Reply RE: I am curious.., Daevryn, 14-Nov-09 11:52 AM, #19
                              Reply All you need is a thief who's a ghost at the same time...., Lhydia, 14-Nov-09 01:50 PM, #34
                                   Reply I'd like to know the logic behind.., Kadsies (Guest), 14-Nov-09 02:12 PM, #41
                                   Reply RE: I'd like to know the logic behind.., Daevryn, 14-Nov-09 02:15 PM, #43
                                   Reply FNCR (n/t), Daevryn, 23-Nov-09 09:52 PM, #101
               Reply RE: Sorry you had a rough time, thendrell, 14-Nov-09 09:19 AM, #9
                    Reply RE: Sorry you had a rough time, Derogker (Guest), 14-Nov-09 10:27 AM, #14

Qrikot (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 01:45 PM

#87938, "Good job."
In response to Reply #0

We fought a lot over all and even after I killed you on those few occasions you were pretty good with the RP aspect, even when I took your shinies. You didn't seem afraid to ever mix it up with Battle against whatever odds and that was sort of surprising, although you did have our number for the most part as any decent shaman should.

Nice work.

Derogker (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 01:57 PM

#87942, "RE: Good job."
In response to Reply #33

I enjoyed the rivalry we had since we both where mid-ranked that combo you thought up was lethal....very very lethal. Your re-gear for that build is super easy and you knew exactly what to do in most all situations.

I was sad to see you go, I want you to know that the last death you ate from me was all luck on my part I had 20hp left at the end.

LhydiaSat 14-Nov-09 04:41 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2391 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#87973, "Wha.."
In response to Reply #37

I really don't get why you keep saying my regear was super easy. I kept what I did mostly because my enemies were cool and didn't loot.

My legacies ended up sucking balls for what I intended them for.

Derogker (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 04:46 PM

#87975, "RE: Wha.."
In response to Reply #66

<worn on finger> a large emerald ring
<worn on finger> an opal ring
<worn around neck> (Glowing) a wool cloak with an ebony clasp
<worn around neck> (Glowing) a wool cloak with an ebony clasp
<worn on body> a hardened mithril breastplate
<worn on head> a black-red dragonscale helm
<worn on face> a steel avian mask
<worn on legs> a pair of wolf-hide leggings
<worn on claws> a pair of leather boots with talons
<worn on hands> some studded leather work gloves
<worn on arms> a pair of hunter's bracers
<worn on wings> black and white ribbons
<worn about waist> a wide bronze belt
<worn around wrist> an engraved silver bracelet
<worn around wrist> an engraved silver bracelet
<mainhand wielded> an axe named 'The Punisher'
<offhand wielded> an axe named 'The Punisher'

Your re-gear...as I assumed it, not only is it all easy its all quickly obtained you where able to kill very effectivly with these simple things. If you ever died in aproxx 20 mins you could be lethal again if someone fulled you and this could be obtained in the mid 20s as well as a rager.

Derogker (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 10:20 AM

#87916, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..."
In response to Reply #0

Well there we have it, I had a lot of fun thinking up Derog I just started really playing again at the beginning of this summer and after a rager I really wanted another shaman. The changes made since I played Dregvoshan where interesting I can understand why moving rot up balanced things against level sitters.

I had a blast interacting with you Grobbak I'm glad another competent Imm has come back to the staff people like you and Thror enrich the game for what it is and what it used to be. I've played CF off and on since 1998 and now it seems like it has evolved into something completely different than it ever was. I would say some for the good and some for the bad.

I was really moving along well with Derog until I hit about 260 hours, I had a solid roll and my RP down and everything was going smooth. A large problem of mine has always been letting the IC drama get to me and influence me in a negative light. Whether its loosing gear or making a mistake...running into some assholes. I guess its just the WoW in me now and I am trying to rid myself of that type of play style for the better.

On that note...I think the major problem right now is that one person is responsible for "Three" IMM persona's. WTF are you people thinking up there that's not even feasible...two maybe..three? No way..no how. I'm not going to jump on the "I hate Mergulla" bandwagon entirely because its just stupid to resort into childish immature name calling. I'm an adult and beyond that...(most of the time). I sent you the missive I did Merg because I wanted to interact with you, it was elegant...thought out and respectful.

Not only did you then respond with cynicism but you responded to me in a manner that was obtrusively passive-aggressive. I have lost all respect for you as a player, you may have three IMM person's to comply with but you have not played this game as long as I have and defiantly do not deserve what you have been given responsibility over. You really have no idea what an IMM's responsibility toward a Cabal really is and this is evident in your posts throughout these forums. I don't care if anyone agrees with me but its brutally obvious a large percentage of the player base does. If you don't want to fell "burned" by the player base then stop trying to do the job of three people and hand it to someone else. Your ####ing #### up.

I apologize for some of the "run ins" I had with some folks (after the 260 mark) I was really pissed for awhile at how some things IC where unfolding for me.

I was very consistent and had a lot of playing time, I was around alone the majority of the time against dirty Odds. I never ran from ill Odds though I am sure some of you can attest to that, its just not my style.

Let's see....some goodbyes.

Scion's:

I was inducted by Lornis and I had the pleasure of being able to interact with you, you where a top notch player and your RP was rightfully rewarded.

Frismund - You where an fun experience as well, I was interested to know how our interactions would follow suit. I fought against you as Kalderseg and we had our fair share of negative run ins. You defiantly turned yourself around and had some Interesting and fun RP, you showed me a lot of things and it was fun when we where both on kickin some ass.

Kalsida - "Muse of sin" hah, I love bards...I could never play one myself I think I would just get to board but man....the ultimate support class of this game both offensively and defensively. We had a lot of good interactions...(the ritual at Mergulla's shrine, our talks) it was a blast running around with you.

Mald - I posted my thoughts in your death thread, I defiantly felt relief when I saw the archmage announce your login.

Tinsy - I'm going to miss "Kep" tell him to solo some invokers for me, you have a great opportunity ahead of you, I'm glad you where picked. You have a calm and collected demeanor about rough situations I wish I could remain that way throughout a char.

Hap: Good ol' hap we had our share of pwnage as well, it seems I could take anyone else competent like yourself or Lirad and turn our efforts into some fun kills, glad we interacted.

Ragers:

Malaki - Dude your times are still sporadic as ####...lol everyone knows your deathful but those login sessions could be treated with ADD medication.

Fulgrum - Class act and a model rager, I'm glad there are still people setting good examples for new people your one of them. And jesus christ wtf legacies do you have...you are by far the hardest hitting dwarf I'v seen since Thror rp'd himself some "hammer hands" back in his mortal days.

Azemaerlor - Gelkof 2.0? Nice job man in your legacy choices and tactics made for some fun fights. I respected you as an enemy and I think people will come to fear you.

Growwlis - Uhm you have the RP of a paper bag, rogue 2.x.x.x.x for sure, your legacy and spec choices where well thought out but try not to be such a douche.

Outlander:

Tangni - Im putting you here as you where a outy for the majority of Derog's Life. I had problems with you sometimes when you had Insects, you would always be scouting and catching me while I was retreating from others, when you went to the fort you became a pushover...not sure your reasoning behind all that. Deff not your first airmajor for sure.

(Berg/Quird/Bald) - I learned very quickly to put moon phases on my prompt thanks to you three.

Berg - I didn't fear you as much as Bald your tactics where much different and I could handle them.

Bald - You where the "sneaky" druid and the only one capable of landing a kill on me.

Quird - The one time I fought you I tore you a knew one and I don't remember if we ever fought again, maybe during a raid or retrieval.

Ssirenia - You are apparently a creative writer, my hats off to you for that but I can define your playing style with the following:

1) Who pk...

2) (Decerns who is on and who will be fighting where)

3) Show up to that place and fiend people fighting other people

Yea...you where never balsy, never fought alone and always took advantage of any situation you could. I'm not complaining as that's an effective choice in tactics but it brought no respect for you as a player IC.

Sulye - I...hate you lol, not really though... Sulye was the only Outlander I respected both for his RP and killing ability I knew you where someone very competent. I'm not sure I'll be playing a scion anytime soon Isy but you should deff try a scion.

Empire:

Glurgick - I should have took you up on the oath and pulled a Tagni, at least then I would have had the opportunity to "move up" in something. Well played sir.

Gzur/Aht - I never had a problem with you Russians I don't see what all the fuss is about, it very easy to avoid people you don't want to fight, I think most of it stems from jealousy?

People perma all the time lets quit with the conspiracy theory it is what it is. It's a lot like the whole "Fortlander" BS, no...there is no such thing of course....but hey they take advantage of aiding each other and showing up at the same time a lot. Probably more than they should and this is what causes the bitching.

I also don't see avoiding a Lich as something that could be construed as cowardice by an IMM observing the situation. People log out to avoid #### all the time I don't care who you are or how good you are. If people would just accept this I think they would throw less hate and simply just avoid you.

Fortress:

Dupasmoine - I'll be honest I thought you where Isildur for a long time, I can count the people currently on one hand who have the area knowledge and tracking ability you do....I'm 80% sure your IMM played.

Duerger vs elf pally with uber gay progging wrath sword...ass ton's of virtues and gear that make's people rub themselves at night...no thanks....

My one wish is that one day I will return among the elitist with my game knowledge so I could obtain that certain Item that Cabdru used so effectively to smack cookie cutter pallys like you into the ground.

Well played anyways.

If I left anyone out I'm sorry, I'm sure there will be enough flames and goodbyes for me to reply to.

Ill be back with another creation soon I'm sure.

Regards,

Dregvoshan, Zytanesis, Kalderseg, Derogker

Kadsies (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 11:32 AM

#87919, "Look at the bright side"
In response to Reply #13

>On that note...I think the major problem right now is that one
>person is responsible for "Three" IMM persona's. WTF are you
>people thinking up there that's not even feasible...two
>maybe..three? No way..no how. I'm not going to jump on the "I
>hate Mergulla" bandwagon entirely because its just stupid to
>resort into childish immature name calling. I'm an adult and
>beyond that...(most of the time). I sent you the missive I
>did Merg because I wanted to interact with you, it was
>elegant...thought out and respectful.
>

If it wasn't for dearly beloved we wouldn't have a level sitting, tattooed, maraned, marshall multi killing everything in sight. Go team!

DaevrynSat 14-Nov-09 11:54 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#87924, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..."
In response to Reply #13

The good:

You played a lot.

The bad:

It seemed like you really wanted leader; playing a lot helps with that, but you didn't really accomplish a lot else and the OOC rage fests didn't help any either.

Derogker (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 12:17 PM

#87927, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..."
In response to Reply #20

I did play alot, I did RP alot...I also did not see any immteraction, not even a pat on the ass for that matter in a Cabal sense for my entire cabaled life.

My immortal patron - kick ass experience, loved his interaction and loved how I was rewarded, I never asked anything more from him.

A simple "thank you" for all the retrievals against odds, all the deaths to fortress ganks and outlander convenience kills would have been nice... Instead SCION got silence...and scion's got overlooked and ####'d on. It took a note going to the immortal leader for us to get a chancellor and that ruined my char IC im sure from an imm perspective. Even though it was polite, well written and respectful.

I apologized for the ooc rages, its something I am continuing to work on. Its unprofessional and embarrassing and it stems from a WoW play style for so long.

I didn't want Leader myself, I made that clear in the note I wrote to Mergulla...I wanted A LEADER period, we where getting stomped by all the up in comings each enemy had and with no way to refresh the ranks with suitable apps.

Frismund even stopped logging on because of how he was treated in the influx of fortress characters / outlander convenience assists.

I never broke OOC and always RP'd till I got the shaft at 260 hours. Then it just became a chore for nothing.

MergullaSat 14-Nov-09 12:21 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2009
51 posts
#87929, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..."
In response to Reply #23

I wasn't going to respod to you because I don't really think it's worth my time, but I have to say don't pat yourself on the back thinking your note was what got Scion a leader. It isn't the case.

Derogker (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 12:45 PM

#87932, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..."
In response to Reply #25

Oh wow...gracing me with an actual post that's a first.

I'd love to hear how its not?

No one herd anything from you for 300+ hours as even Lornis said he had not seen you in some time...and that was when I was just getting inducted.

Everyone who mentioned your name or when your name was brought up people would be like...yea she Ignores me.

To top it off shortly after the note....we did get a CB from a "voice" during a raid. It was me and Maldaris against a horde of Outlander, we where massively outgunned and yet we still defended and I ate a death for it. It was you of course.

And you come over the CB and said "Yea...they brought an army for you..I expect you to do better next time ". And you referred to ME specifically....didn't even say a word to Maldaris.

That doesn't even make since?

I know exactly what your thought process is like...its so obvious you don't need a psychology degree to figure it out.

"Man...its sure nice giving all my attention to these fort kids...I'm nice...I like to be nice...<3 fort."

"Oh wait...that duerger shaman in scion sent me a Note??? I wonder why?"

"Oh wait...its because I devote all my attention to my two other imm persona's and don't do anything on Mergulla unless I'm really required to..."

"Guess I'll...uhm make a leader right quick."

"Damn...I wonder why the community hates me....guess Ill continue to be jaded".

Myself and Kalisda even spent a great time trying to invoke some response from you, it was quality RP and no one else even bothered with you.

Im sorry...but I am going to call your #### here.

Quiet Observer (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 02:45 PM

#87951, "Just a random two cents"
In response to Reply #25

As an objective observer (I have no investment in this thread either way) you were on the right track in just not responding.

Taking the time to tell him his note wasn't what got a new chancellor picked wasn't really worth posting in the face of his complaints. It would probably be better to address everything and include that particular gem or just remain silent in the face of his small rant.

As both players and imms you can only do what you can do. If he has a bug up his butt, don't let it get into yours. It might have cooties!

But seriously, these days it seems most incumbant upon the staff to juggle imms as possible to have at least one active imm per cabal if at all possible, with whomever wants to, bleeding over to other cabals to aid as needed. Playing three or even two immortals is laudable and most likely a rough gig since you probably can't put all your effort into one without the others suffering to a relative degree. Personally, I'm hoping things pick up (game wise, more players, less stress and weight on the imms, assuming those aren't contradictory desires) argue with every player who feels he or she didn't get their due, will steal more time from your efforts in-game and cause your love for said game to wane.

It's ok to let them be their own sounding board sometimes.

MergullaSat 14-Nov-09 03:01 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2009
51 posts
#87954, "You're absolutely right"
In response to Reply #45

I just get so darn frustrated...

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 03:21 PM

#87956, "You do realize all these people are right?"
In response to Reply #25

Three IMM persona's are too much. It hurts all your characters.

It would be like if I had a cabal leader, yet rolled a lowbie shifter and a lowbie fire giant. As an IMM, you wouldn't suggest a player do that, but when an IMM does it, people tend to forget that aspect (as, regardless of what people think, we are ALL players).

Last time it happened, Grurk got burned out (at least, that's what it seemed like) and all his IMM persona's suffered. Trib lost the only IMM that was taking care of them, Battle lost an IMM that they had just got too.

We appreciate the work you're putting in, but for one moment, take our criticism for something other than sour grapes. You need to kill off one of your imm persona's.

Solution: Make Scion a completely run player cabal. Or let someone like Thror take over the cabal (I mean, Thror's done battle for ever ).

I just don't think it's a good thing in the long run for Mergulla = Baerinikia or IE, the main Scion IMM also being the main Fortress IMM.

RayihnSat 14-Nov-09 04:04 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#87963, "RE: You do realize all these people are right?"
In response to Reply #49

One of them may already have been marked as dormant a while ago. That said, our player base is great at pointing out faults but lacks when it comes to offering constructive solutions.

Sleepy2 (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 04:10 PM

#87967, "Possible solution?"
In response to Reply #56

Agreed that our pb makes a lot of criticisms, some probably not even worth your time, but that's probably true for all games.

That said, I think that you should honestly continue with both 2 imms right now. With the lower player base count at this time of the year, but possibly during the upswing it'll be good to maybe be on the lookout for a possible person in the cabal who has the time and is willing to become an imm.

The chances of that are unlikely, I guess, and honestly, I'd rather have an IMM that interacts once in a blue moon than no IMM at all.

Basically, I dont think there really is a solution atm.

Minyar1 (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 09:10 PM

#88003, "One thing that makes it tough."
In response to Reply #60

I totally would love the RP and Admin side of running a cabal. I however could never get any of my imm tries past writing an area. I am fairly creative, but that was tedious creative and not easy to accomplish. I like "playing" the game too much, but I have always thought that being an imm who interacted would have some very similar feel to it.

Having to write an area or rewrite is what makes being an Imm hard for many of us. It is a good weeding process in some ways, but in others it limits who is going to try.

I don't mean any of this as a criticism to the current imms, but I do think the way in is very narrow.

Quiet Observer (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 04:59 PM

#87976, "Might I ask a question or three?"
In response to Reply #56

How many (got a fair amount of time) Imms do we presently have available? (Ballpark, doesn't have to be exact)

What ethos do they most enjoy playing an Imm of? I don't need specifics, just a number (ie. 2 evil, 1 good, 1 neutral, etc.)

Where is the best place to post constructive suggestions? Or are they better emailed directly?

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 05:45 PM

#87982, "Play what you enjoy."
In response to Reply #56

If that means no Mergulla, so be it.

If that means no Rayihn, so be it.

If that means no Baerinikia, so be it.

If that means only mortals, go for it.

But the way I see it, if playing three IMMs is just going to burn you out and make you jaded (which it will do, because you'll have to deal with criticism three ways, plus all the other lovely tidbits of being an immortal), why do it unless there is a 100% chance you'll make a huge, culture-changing impact with all three IMMs.

BTW Rayihn is the one going dormant, if I had to guess? Didn't see you around too much during my Nexus months except when Yhorian or another of your priests were on. I saw BaerBaer and Merg a ton though.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 04:09 PM

#87966, "Since I'm reading this"
In response to Reply #49

I do think it is a good idea that Baer got involved in scion.

Why? Because I felt she was significantly biased towards good aligned characters before that.

Now I just think she prefers good characters, by inclination, but isn't biased. I'm ok with that.

I did face horrible odds almost all the time with my last scion, but when Mergulla said "You seem to be popular today" as the fourth cabal raided with completely one-sided odds, and within minutes of each other, it made my day.

My only advice to Baer at this stage would be to be a bit less generous with the rewards. I like Abernyte and his kill of Waris, but that was a lot of stuff to chuck at someone for casting fumble on a guy who slept himself. With my enemies, it felt the same. I was getting piled on in huge numbers by people with multiple extra powers (between them). Not sure whether it was to help them fight the lich, but it sure made for one-sided battles when it was the lone scion instead of a lich.

Abernytee (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 05:58 PM

#87984, "Jeez Bern, maybe I faced #### odds too and that got me ..."
In response to Reply #59

to the smooth move I pulled on Waris after his mistake. Loads of shifters don't even practice fumble, let alone use it.

Pfft.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 07:03 PM

#87989, "Not saying a reward wasn't in order"
In response to Reply #77

Just that it was a particularly generous one.

I'd keep up reward frequency, but just making rewards less powerful. Admittedly a defense shifter is probably someone you can power up more than others.

DaevrynSat 14-Nov-09 12:41 PM
11117 posts
#87930, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..."
In response to Reply #23

I guess all I can really say is, I generally thought of you as a guy who didn't do a whole lot in terms of retrievals, overall.

I mean, good on you (seriously) for being a guy who would log on when things were ####ty for Scion and not log back off, but I didn't see you doing a whole lot about it, either. I'm sure sometimes you must have, but any time I was watching you were taking a 'there's too many enemies, I'm just not going to bother' kind of approach.

Derogker (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 12:49 PM

#87933, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..."
In response to Reply #26

Uhm....I didn't blow throw con like that not retrieving? I retrieved A LOT by myself...and took Items by myself...a lot. The only time you ever observed me not taking action was when Dup and his whole crew where on and you couldn't expect me to do so.

Or when it was a full moon...going to the tree with Sulye about...and its a full moon and one of the three druids where on is a death sentence.

I did anyway and always ate a death.

Maldaris (Guest)Mon 16-Nov-09 09:27 PM

#88037, "I have to sympathise with Derog here"
In response to Reply #28

I'll have to sympathise with Derog here. It's really not easy to retrieve as a Scion, and if any IMM snooped Maldaris he'd probably know a large chunk of my deaths came from trying to retrieve against odds. Nearly all of these were outlander deaths.

How to stop a scion retrieval dead in its tracks:
Druid: Entangle x2, The Hunt x1. Laugh and kill.
Shaman: Energy Drain x2, damnation, blindness, plague.
Ranger: (Sulye) Call insect swarm, entangle x2. Laugh and kill.

Derog's the smart one for not retrieving, I was the dumb one for even trying

Tinalill (Guest)Tue 17-Nov-09 02:57 AM

#88046, "Addressing to Shaman tactic"
In response to Reply #93

Seriously, Maldaris, how many times have you died to that shaman tactic? Most of the time one can do attempts and retrieve eventually since there ain't really much folks that are capable of healing the outer guardian. You have tried that tactic before and never died, only once you died 'cos you retreated too late.

That is all assumingly that all sups went through and didn't fail at all.

Just my 2 cent.

Maldaris (Guest)Tue 17-Nov-09 10:22 PM

#88061, "RE: Addressing to Shaman tactic"
In response to Reply #95

You only got me once, Yaniyule twice or thrice Maldaris didn't CON-die for no reason... in one or two instances you could easily have sealed the kill on me if you knew how to track me down after teleports too. Druids were worse because they could pump out big damage maledict and Hunt. Of course I could choose not to fight at all, but that would not be fun wouldn't it?

Kalisda (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 02:10 PM

#87945, "Thoughts on Mergulla/Scion"
In response to Reply #26

I can't say all I would until Kalisda is gone, but I wanted to add a few general thoughts.

People need to remember what Mergulla is in terms of an IMM persona(I've nothing against her for taking on three roles. She could quit and then there would just be none. Hardly better.) She is a slothen queen. She should not be taking an active omni present approach to her cabal, but kind of a time will always be on my side and if I feel like it, maybe I'll bother to do something.

People should know that going into Scion, since yes, they get less cabal related immteractions possibly. Then again, they get insane powers as most people say, and free license to kill anything they want. So they always have something they could be doing, especially since every cabal raids them except the spire and nexus. And given how rarely they hold the scepter, there is always something to be doing instead of just going for immteraction. The people who get the most imm love are usually the ones who never look for it.

Mek (Guest)Tue 17-Nov-09 02:53 PM

#88052, "This sounds shockingly familiar! -nt-"
In response to Reply #23

asf

DaevrynTue 17-Nov-09 03:04 PM
11117 posts
#88053, "Yup"
In response to Reply #96

I think we can lay the blame squarely on the shoulders of anyone who washed out as a Scion heroimm.

Mek (Guest)Tue 17-Nov-09 09:47 PM

#88060, "Or!"
In response to Reply #97

The few ####head imms who made said heroimm washouts feel very unwelcome!

Abernytee (Guest)Wed 18-Nov-09 11:36 AM

#88071, "I cosign this post.. Vag did the same to me, more or ..."
In response to Reply #98

And the typo was on purpose.

Beront (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 01:26 PM

#87937, "Here is the suggestion for you Nep."
In response to Reply #20

A) You will answer first in every thread about your wife no matter what - and this is wrong and stupid because its not the RL. Its just the internet.

OR

B) If she is the IMM - give her a chance to do her own thing. If she is wrong and did the stupid thing - give her the LOCK THREAD BUTTON. If she feels that she is right - let her defend by herself.

DaevrynSat 14-Nov-09 01:56 PM
11117 posts
#87941, "RE: Here is the suggestion for you Nep."
In response to Reply #32

>A) You will answer first in every thread about your wife no
>matter what - and this is wrong and stupid because its not the
>RL. Its just the internet.

Probably, if you spend five minutes looking, you can find a lot of threads where that's not the case.

Derogker (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 02:05 PM

#87943, "RE: Here is the suggestion for you Nep."
In response to Reply #36

I'm not just trying to be an asshole either Nep, I just want to be heard. It is not right for someone to be responsible for three IMM persona's Iv expressed my opinion on it specifically...

Your defense response's are incorrect as well, I defended alone, faced odds alone and went for items/retrievals by myself a lot. Ask anyone who fought me.

I understand the situation...the three imms = hard to do.

But the problem is nobody is listening...and/or cares and nothing is being done...good quality characters are getting looked over and its ####ty.

I don't have a solution either perhaps the problem is there isn't one at current, but the ideal solution would be for someone who has the time to be a scion IMM...be a a scion Imm.

Sadly I think if a player like Isildur rolled up a scion they would do well not only because of there knowledge/skill but because of who they where they would get attention. I'm not saying it's not deserved in Isildur's case but that's the way CF works and has for a long time in my eyes.

DaevrynSat 14-Nov-09 02:12 PM
11117 posts
#87947, "RE: Here is the suggestion for you Nep."
In response to Reply #38

>I don't have a solution either perhaps the problem is there
>isn't one at current, but the ideal solution would be for
>someone who has the time to be a scion IMM...be a a scion
>Imm.

I agree. Since there isn't that person, you have the current situation.

Mmumma (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 03:25 PM

#87957, "RE: Here is the suggestion for you Nep."
In response to Reply #42

>
>>I don't have a solution either perhaps the problem is there
>>isn't one at current, but the ideal solution would be for
>>someone who has the time to be a scion IMM...be a a scion
>>Imm.
>
>I agree. Since there isn't that person, you have the current
>situation.

Wrong. There isn't person who WANTS to play scion imm, but there 8 cabals - and more than 8 active imms. And one imm per cabal is good.

It's a matter of will, not possibility.

JavaSat 14-Nov-09 03:42 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#87960, "The Imms are ####ing volunteers, you douchebag."
In response to Reply #50

There is exactly ONE Imm who volunteered to lead Scion.

Nep isn't in any position to DEMAND that someone who has no interest in it, take up that responsibility. He manages a group of volunteers, not employees.

Mmumma (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 04:00 PM

#87961, "Okay, douchebad."
In response to Reply #53

Nep is in positoin to accept players to the imms on HIS terms and conditions, which is best for the game. And believe me, mr. douchebag, players WILL become imm absolutely same as now/previously.

JavaSat 14-Nov-09 05:03 PM
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#87977, "How long does it typically take for a heroimm to take o..."
In response to Reply #54

It isn't like it's a short process (for good reason, obviously).

Maybe that actually IS their intent? How many heroimms have become full Imms since Baer took over Scion?

Seriously dude, try looking at things from another perspective for once.

Or, you know. Just whine like a bitch because you don't get exactly what you want, every time you ask for it.

Mmumma (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 05:36 PM

#87981, "RE: How long does it typically take for a heroimm to ta..."
In response to Reply #70

>It isn't like it's a short process (for good reason,
>obviously).
>
>Maybe that actually IS their intent? How many heroimms have
>become full Imms since Baer took over Scion?

This is absolutely different question. Don't try to jump from the running train, you risk to break your neck.

>
>Seriously dude, try looking at things from another perspective
>for once.
>
>Or, you know. Just whine like a bitch because you don't get
>exactly what you want, every time you ask for it.

Eh? I have no clue what do I "want to get". I don't want anything from imms, except for stop playing different characters or, at least, stop telling people who plays who.

If you disagree with me - please go and kill yourself, because this world suffers greately from stupidity. Ignored since now and forever.

JavaSat 14-Nov-09 05:56 PM
1055 posts
#87983, "Did you forget what we were talking about?"
In response to Reply #74

You implied in your earlier post that Nep should force a different Imm to lead Scion. That would obviously be what you "want", using that mythical "common sense" thing.

You also implied that they should hire hero-imms, giving them advance notice that they would one day be leading Scion. That's all well and good, but it does nothing for the year or more it takes that heroimm to advance to full Imm status.

Anyone can see that they have asked current Imms to take the lead with Scion. And it's clear that Baer was the only one willing to do so.

Constructive criticism is great, but when all you can offer is pointless whines.. what's the point?

IukulliMon 16-Nov-09 08:03 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2007
29 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#88036, "RE: Did you forget what we were talking about?"
In response to Reply #76

The current situation with Scion is probably more my fault than Mergulla's or anybody else's, so if anybody needs to take the blame I will. That being said, there's a lot more of a time and RP investment needed to take the helm of the Chasm than most other cabals, not to mention a pretty expansive knowledge requirement of the game in general which none of the heroimms are going to have for many years.

Eshval left a pretty big impression on the playerbase which I think will be difficult for anybody else to live up to, and I don't think anybody else has had the time or energy to make as much of an impact as she did for the dark side of Thera right now.

Really, if you go into Scion, you need to be prepared to stand on your own and not expect any special immortal loving. If you are the type that gets jealous because the outlanders all get special titles and edges, or the forties get their virtues and tattoo powers, well... you're going to be miserable. However, If you can just immerse yourself into the role of a child of darkness and trust nobody but yourself, and expect nothing more than what you can do for yourself... well, you will probably enjoy yourself a whole lot more. And people will fear you more too, which is really the whole point of the cabal.

>You implied in your earlier post that Nep should force a
>different Imm to lead Scion. That would obviously be what you
>"want", using that mythical "common sense" thing.
>
>You also implied that they should hire hero-imms, giving them
>advance notice that they would one day be leading Scion.
>That's all well and good, but it does nothing for the year or
>more it takes that heroimm to advance to full Imm status.
>
>Anyone can see that they have asked current Imms to take the
>lead with Scion. And it's clear that Baer was the only one
>willing to do so.
>
>Constructive criticism is great, but when all you can offer is
>pointless whines.. what's the point?

Maldaris (Guest)Mon 16-Nov-09 09:31 PM

#88038, "RE: Did you forget what we were talking about?"
In response to Reply #92

Agreed. I went into Scion expecting no rewards. The cabal powers are so incredibly awesome, as is the sheer freedom to kill anyone you like, or attempt to befriend anyone you like out of your character's whims.

On any mage, Scion cabal powers just rule.

Derogker (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 04:04 PM

#87964, "RE: The Imms are ####ing volunteers, you douchebag."
In response to Reply #53

I disagree with you.

Some IMM's are volunteer's because they have been here since the beginning and/or write code and see to the running of the mudd others have went through the process of heroimming because they chose to.

As with any job (volunteer or not) comes responsibility. You chose to be an IMM and have IMM powers therefore you have responsibilities to adhere to for doing so. People who are not up to those responsibilities don't go through the process. (You can't have one's cake and eat it too applies here)

Volunteering for a job to help and then not really doing that job at all does not make it excusable, its a poor choice that others suffer the consequences of.

What you are insinuating is the same as saying:

I volunteered at this soup kitchen...I also have two other jobs and I am busy so people shouldn't really expect me to feed people.

No Nepenthe is not in the position to demand anything of anyone, but this particular situation someone wanted to help...I understand that but they did not have the time to commit to do so in the first place so it was not a good decision.

I never "asked" anyone for anything as Derogker, I simply stated it would have been nice to have been acknowledged for my efforts.

And I did put forth a lot of effort and thought into my character.

I did not go around in conversations IC EVER saying I deserved anything from ANYONE.

My deal with Mergulla was simply no one herd from her, nothing zilch zip nada, no interactions no "Hey doing an ok job" nothing. Not even a vis to let people know your around and there supporting the effort. And other people found it to be the same way, one character even deleted because of being ignored specifically.

I deleted because I was tired of Fortress gangs, odds where one sided and I could do nothing versus the power combo I had to face.

JavaSat 14-Nov-09 05:05 PM
1055 posts
#87978, "Your analogy is off."
In response to Reply #57

It's more like saying "I volunteered at a soup kitchen, but they demanded that I wash dirty underwear by hand instead of feeding people like I wanted to do, so I left"

Whoever that idiot was, suggested Nep could simply FORCE another Imm to lead Scion and do a better job than Baer is doing. I was pointing out how, ultimately Nep has no authority to FORCE any other Imm to do something that they don't want to do. And further, if those other Imms don't actually WANT to do it, they would probably do a lousy job regardless.

Mmumma (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 03:38 PM

#87958, "RE: Here is the suggestion for you Nep."
In response to Reply #42

Also, one more thing.

After reading forums, I've got very disappointed and demoralized when I found that one imm-person playing many imm-characters. Because it's not permitted to players and almost equal to cheating (multicharing is not allowed). And now it's almost ####ing official. What are you thinking about? What example do you show to other players? It's an extremely poor show that truly destroys game atmosphere.

When I was talking to Khasotholas, I knew - he is Khasotholas and not someone else (maybe he was, I don't know and this is what important). But when I see Droko, Daevryn, Rayhln or alike, Nepenthe and maybe even someone else... well, #### it. I know that there are only one player behind them all, and i simply don't believe in those characters. I feel myself fooled. Personall, I treat it like that you are lying to me.

And will never ever make a follower of any of those multi-imm-characters.

DaevrynSat 14-Nov-09 04:11 PM
11117 posts
#87968, "RE: Here is the suggestion for you Nep."
In response to Reply #51

Um. You know you're allowed to play multiple characters, right?

I think you don't understand the multicharing rules and constructed something completely nutball out of it.

Mmumma (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 04:34 PM

#87972, "RE: Here is the suggestion for you Nep."
In response to Reply #61

Yes yes, I know. I disagree with it, though.

But do you really want players to know who are playing what character? Will it be ok if I'll post on forum: "I'm playing Mmmumma, Yizanxlach, this invoker, this fortie and this outlander - it's me too". Will you like it? No. Will other players like it? No. It is what kills atmosphere, and you can argue with me if you want - I am pretty sure that deep within your mind you agree with me.

You give a poor example to other players.

And here is another example.
I've returned, I've seen Ahtieli and wow, lich in empire - great! I was talking to her, it was nice and so on. Next week I was stupid enough to visit qhcf and soon as I opened forums, I found that Ahtieli = russian player, a lot of OOC #### and etc. And trust me - for me, for Ahtieli, for whole CF it would better if I wouldn't know who is playing Ahtieli.

Same goes for imm chars. Okay, there can be 5, 10, 20, 100 imms. But please save us from knowing who is playing who, stop ####ing going ooc.

And "stop reading forums" is not an option, because it's a part of the game. I won't read qhcf, most likely, but at this forum is part of the game.

Sleepy2 (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 04:19 PM

#87969, "True, to an extent. But you miss the whole point."
In response to Reply #51

Yeah, I agree that it feels sort of odd to RP with one of them, knowing that they are other Imms. In all honesty, I would have preferred it if they never released to the PB that they were playing multiple characters.

That said, the whole point of multicharring is so that people dont abuse it to gain either vital info, try to always jump on the bandwagon, and to not cheat by sharing gear, weapons, etc.

Having multiple imms to help have cabals be watched over by an IMM is NOT abusive. It's actually helpful, and you should appreciate it. Remember that this is a game, and it has its limits to its believability.

If you're fooled by this, remember that a storm giant's #### is basically half the size of a gnome, but they still can wear the same exact gear, and wield the same ####.

IsildurSat 14-Nov-09 08:20 PM
5969 posts
#87997, "RE: Here is the suggestion for you Nep."
In response to Reply #38

>It is not right for someone to be responsible for
>three IMM persona's Iv expressed my opinion on it
>specifically...

What's wrong with it, as long as she does a decent job with each one?

I mean, you could argue she isn't doing a good job, and that would at least be a valid complaint (even thought I wouldn't agree with you).

But what you seem to be saying is that there's something inherently wrong with one person playing three imms. I don't get what it is.

>Sadly I think if a player like Isildur rolled up a scion they
>would do well not only because of there knowledge/skill but
>because of who they where they would get attention.

If I'm supposed to be showered with love just for being me then someone must have missed the memo on Sulye. I got leader, sure. Was between me and Duarte and they went with me. I think I can say I was on par with Duarte, so it's not like they favored me over a vastly more deserving candidate. And I got a title. After 480 hours and about 150 kills. How many PK-successful leader characters with 500 hours don't have a title? Probably not that many.

Kadsies (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 02:07 PM

#87944, "Uh no its not.. n/t"
In response to Reply #36

n/t

Ssirenia (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 12:01 PM

#87926, "I'm happy to have been mentioned :-)"
In response to Reply #13

However i got to tell you, much like your assumption that i'm a creative writer while i can see why you would think that but its not quite true. I am nowhere near aggressive enough to be called not balsy by crazy balsy shaman like you.

You are right though, back when scions numbers were stronger and frismund was more active, camping outside of the chasm seemed like a good tactic. However, while it did land me one kill against you, it soon became a moot effort. While it was funny to see you guys running around revealing areas of the desert lokoing for me and opening portals, you became good at surviving even my strongest fiends.

I've learned a few more tricks since those days and as you saw in galadon i am beginning to take my fights to my enemies. I wish i had used a different tactic when you chased me into silverwood but i knew you were probably well preped for me. Since i had been fighting i was half drained already so calling beast and going for a long fight wouldn't have cut it with you. I wish i could have fought more against you, i think i would have learned alot. Sulye even helped me make a 'rot kit' to carry in my girdle specifically for surviving fights with you

This is not to say i'm not still an opportunistic bitch or take full advantage of every situation i come across but basically i'm saying that it isn't always the case. I win a few 1 vs 2+ fights once in while and at the very least i am trying to learn ways to create situations to take full advantage of.

Perhaps or at least i hope i'll be a cooler enemy with yout next, til then good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Derogker (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 12:53 PM

#87934, "RE: I'm happy to have been mentioned :-)"
In response to Reply #22

Thanks for being so polite in your post, it was just stuff like this that made me view you in a negative light IC.

(Pink Aura) (White Aura) Dupmasione the elf is here.
A Nightwalker defends this place without question.
A crackling hiss from a shadowy Nightwalker breaks the silence of the abyss below.
(You intuitively sense that a shadowy Nightwalker just greeted you.)

<843hp(100%) 75%m 90%mv> (4 AM) (civilized) (waning) Dupmasione yells 'Die, Derogker, you sorcerous dog!'
You narrow your eyes and glare in Dupmasione's direction.
You lost your concentration.
You dodge Dupmasione's slash.
Dupmasione decimates you!
Dupmasione injures you.
Dupmasione is in perfect health. (100%) (100%)

<800hp(94%) 74%m 90%mv> (4 AM) (civilized) (waning)
Dupmasione deflects your acidic bite with his shield.
You parry Dupmasione's slash.

<800hp(94%) 74%m 90%mv> (4 AM) (civilized) (waning) com 'dispel'

Dupmasione narrows his eyes and glares in your direction.
Dupmasione's heavenly wrath EVISCERATES you!

<750hp(88%) 74%m 90%mv> (4 AM) (civilized) (waning) You narrow your eyes and glare in Dupmasione's direction.
A small halo of light appears behind Dupmasione as your supplication fails to affect him.

The Nightwalker has arrived.
Dupmasione yells 'Help! I'm being attacked by the Nightwalker!'

<750hp(88%) 70%m 90%mv> (4 AM) (civilized) (waning)
Dupmasione parries your acidic bite.
Dupmasione's slash mauls you.

<708hp(83%) 70%m 90%mv> (4 AM) (civilized) (waning)
You feel unclean.
You tremble under the force of Dupmasione's wrath as it tears deeply into your soul.
Dupmasione's heavenly wrath *** DEMOLISHES *** you!

<602hp(71%) 70%m 90%mv> (4 AM) (civilized) (waning) flee
flee
Wandering in the Desert
Deep red sands swirl around pale yellow boulders. Huge tan dunes
and shallow valleys seem never ending as you walk through the shifting
sands that seem to mark this vast desert. You are almost overwhelmed as
you look around you it's as if the desert itself was trying to remind you
of how insignificant you really are. The land seems somehow majestic and
peaceful at the same time it's cruel and violent. The terrain to the east
becomes extremely rocky as it approaches an ancient mountain range.

Something seems horribly wrong with the plant life here.

You flee from combat!

<602hp(71%) 70%m 90%mv> (4 AM) (civilized) (waning) You aren't fighting anyone.

<602hp(71%) 70%m 90%mv> (4 AM) (civilized) (waning) n
Above the Chasm
Torn from the ashen rock of the chasm's northern wall, the blasted gray
stone is accentuated by the unnatural darkness of this place. Your light
source dims a bit, oppressed by some unspoken and damned force which
smothers its now-feeble glow. A jagged crack in the earth yawns below, a
broken path spiraling along the edges of its maw, foreboding and dark.
Only the whispering of some dread breeze breaks the silence of the abyss
below, as it stealthily creeps forth to swirl about in a chilling dance.

A Nightwalker stands in the shadows, breathing heavily.
(Pink Aura) (White Aura) Dupmasione the elf is here, fighting the Nightwalker.
A crackling hiss from a shadowy Nightwalker breaks the silence of the abyss below.
(You intuitively sense that a shadowy Nightwalker just greeted you.)

<602hp(71%) 70%m 90%mv> (4 AM) (civilized) (waning) com 'rot' Dupmasione
Dupmasione yells 'Die, Derogker, you sorcerous dog!'
Dupmasione begins to waste away before your eyes!
Your attempted rotting scratches Dupmasione.
Dupmasione has a few scratches. (90% - 100%) (90% - 100%)

<609hp(72%) 68%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning)
Dupmasione's heavenly wrath DISMEMBERS you!

<556hp(65%) 68%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning)
The Nightwalker lunges at Dupmasione with venomous fangs!
Dupmasione looks very ill.
*** POISONED! ***
Your acidic bite MUTILATES Dupmasione!
Dupmasione's slash EVISCERATES the Nightwalker!
Dupmasione's slash MUTILATES the Nightwalker!
Dupmasione's slash EVISCERATES the Nightwalker!
Dupmasione smashes the edge of a shield of pure light into the Nightwalker, knocking the Nightwalker off its feet.
Dupmasione's shield jab MUTILATES the Nightwalker!

<556hp(65%) 68%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) com 'damnation'

Ssirenia sings 'Demon wings and frightful things
The dimmest minds will cloud;
Within this grand, oh frightful land
Where terrors do abound.
A chilling sound I call for you
To delight and confound you assembled few!'
You stand fast against your fears.

Dupmasione starts aiming at you!
*** TARGETING YOU! ***

Dupmasione's heavenly wrath MANGLES you!

<456hp(54%) 68%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning)
Dupmasione's slash MUTILATES the Nightwalker!
Your acidic bite EVISCERATES Dupmasione!
You knock Dupmasione's slash aside before it comes near you.

<456hp(54%) 68%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) flee
flee
flee
A small halo of light appears behind Dupmasione as your supplication fails to affect him.

<456hp(54%) 65%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) q teleportation

You tremble under the force of Dupmasione's wrath as it tears deeply into your soul.
The Phoenix Blade, 'Darkbane' flares with brilliant silvery flame as Dupmasione lunges at you!
Dupmasione's flaming bite mauls you.
Dupmasione's slash wounds you.
The Phoenix Blade, 'Darkbane' flares with brilliant silvery flame as Dupmasione lunges at you!
Dupmasione's flaming bite devastates you!

<225hp(26%) 65%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning)
Ssirenia sings 'Demon wings and frightful things
The dimmest minds will cloud;
Within this grand, oh frightful land
Where terrors do abound.
A chilling sound I call for you
To delight and confound you assembled few!'
You yell 'It's just like in my nightmares! Get away from me!'
A phantasmal killer's mental assault devastates you!
You sure are BLEEDING!
Within the Maw of Stone
All around, the ashen gray stone looks to have been ripped from the ground
by the inhuman claws of some unspoken behemoth. The walls are scarred by
deep gouges which leave sharp ridges of rock jutting forth between them,
but some arcane and eldritch presence reminds you that this is no ordinary
cave. The crooked path you follow winds up and down in a tortuous spiral,
and below you see only a darkness unlike anything natural.

You flee from combat!

<196hp(23%) 65%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) You aren't fighting anyone.

Try as you might you can't escape the fiend for long!
You parry a phantasmal killer's mental assault.
A phantasmal killer's mental assault maims you!
You sure are BLEEDING!
PANIC! You couldn't escape!
The Nightwalker snorts at your weakness.
The Nightwalker steps into the shadows and fades from view.
Your shield blocks a phantasmal killer's mental assault.
You sure are BLEEDING!
A Somber Chamber
The jagged path from above refines itself into harshly squared steps,
winding down the northern wall of this chamber. The walls here have been
etched smooth, though emblazoned on all sides with horrid emerald runes,
chilling even to the eye that cannot discern their meaning. The ceiling
towers above, giving way to some monstrous crack which extends high above
into the shadows, before piercing through into the finished space you are
now within. Below, a set of stairs has been cut into the floor. To the
east, south, and west, tall and gothic archways beckon amid the darkness.

You flee from combat!

<133hp(15%) 65%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) You drink a potion of teleportation.
You failed.

<133hp(15%) 65%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning)
Dupmasione has summoned you!
Above the Chasm

(WANTED) Ssirenia the wood-elf is here.

<133hp(15%) 65%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) d
d
d
Within the Maw of Stone
All around, the ashen gray stone looks to have been ripped from the ground
by the inhuman claws of some unspoken behemoth. The walls are scarred by
deep gouges which leave sharp ridges of rock jutting forth between them,
but some arcane and eldritch presence reminds you that this is no ordinary
cave. The crooked path you follow winds up and down in a tortuous spiral,
and below you see only a darkness unlike anything natural.

Your worst nightmare rises out of a gathering darkness to torment you.

A phantasmal killer is in perfect health. (100%) (100%)

<133hp(15%) 65%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) No way! You are still fighting!

<133hp(15%) 65%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) No way! You are still fighting!

<133hp(15%) 65%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) q teleportation
You can't find it.

<133hp(15%) 65%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) fle
A Somber Chamber
The jagged path from above refines itself into harshly squared steps,
winding down the northern wall of this chamber. The walls here have been
etched smooth, though emblazoned on all sides with horrid emerald runes,
chilling even to the eye that cannot discern their meaning. The ceiling
towers above, giving way to some monstrous crack which extends high above
into the shadows, before piercing through into the finished space you are
now within. Below, a set of stairs has been cut into the floor. To the
east, south, and west, tall and gothic archways beckon amid the darkness.

You flee from combat!

You can't find it.

Dupmasione has summoned you!
Above the Chasm

(WANTED) Ssirenia the wood-elf is here.

<133hp(15%) 65%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) get teleportation girdle
You get a potion of teleportation from the girdle of endless space.

You drink a potion of teleportation.
Through a Winding Path Amongst the Megaliths
Unmoving in their indifferent majesty, the megaliths on the winding
path stand defiant against the constant assault of the elements, barely
smoothened by the onslaughts of wind and time. Clusters of wild
heliotrope grow at the foot of the megalith, knocking their heads
against the stoic monument as a deafening gust of wind lashes violently
against and across the flat plains. Vast tracts of sagebrush dot the
infinitely vaster sprawl of the steppelands to the south, filling the
air unforgettably with the clean fragrance of the wild sagebrush that
you have come to associate with the great southern steppes. A low
relief carving is found on the face of the monument when you look to
the south.

<133hp(15%) 65%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) com 'mend wounds'
You close your eyes and concentrate for a moment.
Your blood boils with zeal, mending your wounds!

<191hp(22%) 63%m 96%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) com 'mend wounds'
com 'mend wounds'

<253hp(30%) 60%m 95%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning)
You feel a shudder in your Cabal Power!
The Dark Healer: Aesur has given our item to the Watcher.

<253hp(30%) 60%m 95%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) com 'mend wounds'
com 'mend wounds'

A phantasmal killer's mental assault decimates you!
You sure are BLEEDING!

<193hp(22%) 60%m 95%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) You close your eyes and concentrate for a moment.
Your shield blocks a phantasmal killer's mental assault.
A phantasmal killer dodges your acidic bite.

<255hp(30%) 58%m 95%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) com 'mend wounds'
com 'mend wounds'

You try to convince yourself despite your fear that a phantasmal killer only exists in your mind.
A phantasmal killer flickers momentarily.
Your acidic bite scratches a phantasmal killer.
A phantasmal killer has some small but disgusting cuts. (75% - 90%) (75% - 90%)

<223hp(26%) 58%m 94%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) You close your eyes and concentrate for a moment.
A phantasmal killer has some small but disgusting cuts. (75% - 90%) (75% - 90%)

<281hp(33%) 56%m 94%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) com 'mend wounds'

You yell 'Die, Dupmasione, you sorcerous dog!'
You sure are BLEEDING!
PANIC! You couldn't escape!
You sure are BLEEDING!
Making your way on the winding gravel path around the megaliths, you
notice a blue mirage against the desert sky, hovering just above the
horizon of the endless steppe lands like a sheet of water. Vast tracts
of sagebrush dot the infinitely vaster sprawl of the steppelands to the
south, filling the air unforgettably with the clean fragrance of the
wild sagebrush that you have come to associate with the great southern
steppes. Far west of the gravel path lies a huge domed object, looming
gloomily against the pink desert sky, though you cannot discern more of
it from this distance than its semi-spherical silhouette. On the face
of the megalith to the north, you note the faded carving of an animal
figure.

You flee from combat!

<167hp(19%) 56%m 93%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) You close your eyes and concentrate for a moment.

<223hp(26%) 53%m 93%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) get head girdle
wear head

<232hp(27%) 51%m 93%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning)
You sure are BLEEDING!

<202hp(23%) 51%m 93%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) com 'mend wounds'

You sure are BLEEDING!
the south.

You flee from combat!

<168hp(19%) 51%m 91%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) You close your eyes and concentrate for a moment.

<233hp(27%) 49%m 91%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning)
You sure are BLEEDING!

<132hp(15%) 49%m 91%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning)
A phantasmal killer's mental assault misses you.

<132hp(15%) 49%m 91%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) get teleportation girdle

Dupmasione's slash devastates you!
You sure are BLEEDING!
path stand defiant against the constant assault of the elements,
barely smoothened by the onslaughts of wind and time. Clusters of wild
against and across the flat plains. A beautiful white creature gallops
swiftly across the deep steppes to the east, followed by several more
of the same with a dreamlike evanescence, appearing like washes of
white brushmarks against the pink canvas of the desert sky. Far
to the west looms an intimidating domed structure, physically and
spiritually broken. A faded image has been carved onto the face of the
megalith to the north.

You flee from combat!

<102hp(12%) 49%m 89%mv> (5 AM) (civilized) (waning) fle

The sun rises above the horizon.

<113hp(13%) 54%m 96%mv> (6 AM) (civilized) (waning) q teleportation

<181hp(21%) 52%m 96%mv> (6 AM) (civilized) (waning)
You sure are BLEEDING!
Dupmasione has some small but disgusting cuts. (75% - 90%) (75% - 90%)

<73hp(8%) 52%m 96%mv> (6 AM) (civilized) (waning)
You sure are BLEEDING!
the south.

You flee from combat!

<39hp(4%) 52%m 95%mv> (6 AM) (civilized) (waning) You get a shrunken illithid head charm from the girdle of endless space.

<39hp(4%) 52%m 95%mv> (6 AM) (civilized) (waning) You stop using a darkened helm.
You wear a shrunken illithid head charm on your head.
You place the illithid head charm upon your head.
The tentacles of the charm take hold of your head and hold tight!
Your mental strength increases!

<39hp(4%) 52%m 95%mv> (6 AM) (civilized) (waning) You close your eyes and concentrate for a moment.

<102hp(12%) 49%m 95%mv> (6 AM) (civilized) (waning)
You are stunned, but will probably recover.

<-2hp(0%) 49%m 95%mv> (6 AM) (civilized) (waning)
A phantasmal killer's mental assault decimates you!
You have been KILLED!!

You have died, but the Carrion Fields are not finished with you yet!
Your soul is returned to the realms in the form of a ghost.
You will return to your corporeal state in a short while.
Be careful, for even a ghost should fear some dangers!

Ssirenia (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 01:13 PM

#87935, "Yeah:"
In response to Reply #29

Somehow i knew this log was coming. Part of me feels like its a cheap attempt at assassination but alas no point in going down that road and against my better judgement i'll respond.

While that was not my only attempt, it was the only time i got you.
I'm sure you don't believe it but the Dupmasione and Ssirenia aren't as friendly as you think nor do they really work together. Not sure it was with you but one time my fiends got dupmaisone too causing him to flee, probably saving you(?) too. He has never been priority over hunting tribunals, imperials and especially not over killing a stinking scion duegar shaman.

However with the political cabal climate changing the charming paladin and the opportunistic bitch might begin butting head a bit more then they already have.

Anyways no more about my char or IC stuff from me. Please control your temper too.

GLWYN.

Derogker (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 01:54 PM

#87940, "RE: Yeah:"
In response to Reply #30

No it wasn't an assassination attempt just an example of what I had to put up with for absolutely nothing at all.

I also understand that yourself and Dup might have not been "friendly" but as fact of the matter this is why people bitch and you get those entire threads on "Fortlander"

Because its entirely to easy to take advantage of multiple enemies in multiple situations as an Outlander.

I.E Tagni scouting all the time, I ate some deaths a lot because of this perhaps I had just been in a battle with Dup and Tagni would catch me somewhere...Fortlander? No just good tactics on his part.

The log I posted...good tactics on your part.

Empire raids fortress...outlanders wait in the mountains for people to retreat....easy kills.

Someone raids battle...outlanders wait in the woods for people to retreat wounded...easy kills.

This is a majority of how Outlanders kill and this is why people bitch.

Do I think something needs to be done? No probably not, a smart player is aware of scenarios like these and knows how to avoid them, it just sucks because the situations are so vast its hard to stay on your toes 100% of the time.

Tinsalaop (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 01:23 PM

#87936, "Good Good Job."
In response to Reply #13

It was great for a period of time where I would wake up and you were there with a few other scions. In fact, there was one time where we had five, maybe six hero scions on. That was great! Granted that is about 70% of the cabal membership so that doesn't happen much, but boy was that fun.

Your constant presence was nice to have and fighting back the hordes and then taking the offensive against them really makes a fun session, and we did that a lot. And do know I didn't mind at all shunting you equipment to use, even if you lost it a time later. I just enjoyed your presence and roleplay in the game and didn't care about that.

All around great work. Shamans are quite the art and you had a good handle on it. Pity the faith virtue on a paladin basically makes your prayers even more unreliable, especially when you are already fighting through huge saves and a class built to defend against your prayers.

Oh and cry of the phoenix right to the maran any time it is attacked = lame. But hey that is just me .

GLWN

Growwlis (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 02:26 PM

#87949, "I figured you would go where you went...so here are a f..."
In response to Reply #13

Great enemy and I had a lot of respect for your ability, just not your after the kill things. You call me a douche in my RP...alright, lets look at the facts.

You die to me in a raid situation. I take a few pieces of gear.

You get me back in a raid situation, you take those pieces back plus a few more.

You die to me and Fulgrum in a raid, he did not fight you alone. I destroy humansunder for obvious reasons, but instead of giving it to Tahren I sac it to at least give you a "chance" to get it back.

You come to where we are raiding Nexus and sacrifice half of Azemaerlor's things. You later raid against me with three in tow. You take half of my things. You tell me I'll pay for the rest of my life bla bla bla, you are going to make me pay, bla bla bla.

You come at me at the village when I have no powers. I stun you and we take you down with a smart action. You lose everything because of your actions towards us. I find you again later and take back the rest of my things that you had put in your pit because you cuoldn't use them at the time. At that point I say, my revenge for your actions was satisfied and I never looted you anymore than anyone else again.

PS - After your threat of making my life suck. You got me once, I got you what...five times? Scoreboard.

PSS - You are the ONLY ONE I did that to, and somehow some mages that aren't scions start telling me I take everything from people. Hmm...interesting. I smell things, but I'll just leave it as unspoken ideas.

Maybe I was over the top toward you...but who is the douche. Sorry bud, your actions started what happened, not mine. Once I was sated with my vengeance, I treated you the same again and again as I always had before.

I'll miss our fights, but I won't miss the attitude of the player behind this character.

I hope you come back with something fun for you, but that you hear what people are telling you and calm down on the ooc raging.

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 03:13 PM

#87955, "I think when Dup deletes it'll be like Dalteric's Death..."
In response to Reply #13

You were WHO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ROFL.

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 04:04 PM

#87962, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..."
In response to Reply #13

>Gzur/Aht - I never had a problem with you Russians I don't see
>what all the fuss is about, it very easy to avoid people you
>don't want to fight, I think most of it stems from jealousy?

As far as I know Gzurweeg is not russian. Looks like the common trend here is to feature each imperial player as "russian" which is hilarious and stupid.

>I also don't see avoiding a Lich as something that could be
>construed as cowardice by an IMM observing the situation.
>People log out to avoid #### all the time I don't care who you
>are or how good you are. If people would just accept this I
>think they would throw less hate and simply just avoid you.

Yea I don't see anything wrong in shaman avoids lich. I don't think spamming dispel evil on me is fun.

Tangni (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 04:07 PM

#87965, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..."
In response to Reply #13

Actually I think the difference in my diffaculty to kill had only to do with insects. When I got insects on you, you would panic and not fight smart, when you didnt have to worry about insects you fought smart, if you had done the things you did when I was in fort when I was in the tree and sunwarden you would have had the same luck. It was all in your train of thought, i'm thinking insects just got in your head.

Beront (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 05:25 PM

#87980, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..."
In response to Reply #13

You know nep..you turned that into the championship for idiots, yea, you will win, others dont. Yep you loose. Good luck. No more words

Bezzilan (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 06:01 PM

#87985, "Crap, you're the second person to forget me in the batt..."
In response to Reply #13

You're going to give me a complex!

It was fun watching you grow from academy to hero, from nobody to somebody. We had some good talks and travels. You did go ooc'ish once or twice complaining about people ganging when you'd be solo, or being ignored by mergulla or whatever, but they were few and far between, and definitely overshadowed by all the good stuff. I'd give it a 90%, which is an A-, and excellent in anyone's book. Thanks for coming and spending time with me, both in and outside the Inn, really appreciated it.

GLWYN!

Derogker (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 07:53 PM

#87994, "RE: Crap, you're the second person to forget me in the ..."
In response to Reply #78

#### man I'm sorry, I think a lot of people overlook how interesting Bezzlian is as a character. It's not easy playing the role that you do.

People may roll there eye's at "Hey friends...hows it going" but you do it and you know a lot of people and go a lot of places to see interesting things, and its all well played RP. You where the one person I could go talk to when I was down IC and always managed to restore some kind of inner fire. Thanks for that and well played.

We did go on quite a few adventures, had some good talks and it was a lot of fun, I'm sorry drama is clogging up my death thread, but atleast its good to know that I made some sort of a presence in game.

I herd a rumor once through the grapevine that you where someone in particular, I will be interested to see its true on your death thread because shiaaaat what a change in character choices .

Beib (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 07:12 PM

#87993, "I thought your character was well done"
In response to Reply #13

Clever trick when you killed me. I was expecting you to try and kill me but the way you did it caught me completely by surprise. I think I could have escaped but I was so surprised that by the time I attempted the first way the commands went through as I was standing at my pit. The second way would have been trickier and required a whole lot of luck (if it would have worked at all). Never fallen to that before so as I said IC you were a clever bastard for thinking of it. I also thought you were cool with bargaining with me for some of my things back. It's Beib's nature to make deals (which is what brought him to you in the first place) and I would have kept up my end of our bargain. Unfortunately I never saw you again. I did have a couple of shiny things I kept just in case you were around which I would have handed over.

Dupmasione (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 09:07 PM

#88002, "I'm sorry."
In response to Reply #13

I clearly made the game not fun for you at least once, possibly more. I'm not out to do that for anyone, least of all someone who really did stick around at horrendous odds.

No, maybe you didn't try to retrieve against us, but I personally couldn't blame you. I agree with you that you were about the worst matchup possible against me. In fact if I remember right, I actually told you that during one of our conversations.

And to those who suggest that he should've just gotten the shield that makes you resist wrath, good luck with that, considering the two people that I've seen with that shield lately (I think there's only two to be had).

A solid char. The OOC outbursts? Meh, this game can be really frustrating sometimes.

Hopefully your next char is more enjoyable for you.

Kalisda (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 09:45 AM

#87913, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..."
In response to Reply #0

I have to say you were a fairly consistent presence most of the time which was nice to have, and I enjoyed the rp angles you had going early on. Figured maybe you were trying to bring the clan into the chasm as a sub class or something. I knew when you did not get chancellor you would not be happy and might be gone soon (though I am surprised you did not get a bump to advisor as I don't know how active Frismund is these days), though I imagined it would be a con loss as you were going into insane fights alone.

It was fun to see a little shaman running around causing trouble for everyone. And when when you got to hero you were a tough presence for a lot of players to deal with. But near the end you seemed to be letting things get to you a bit too much in relation to deaths and losing gear and looting saccing, and I think it soured a lot of players on what was really a good character overall.

See you with the next.

Lirad (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 07:56 AM

#87905, "Sorry for using you as a shortcut to that pumpkin."
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed the few times we raided together. Someone always died.

Derogker (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 04:42 PM

#87974, "My fav moment with Lirad."
In response to Reply #4

862hp(100%) 75%m 97%mv> (2 PM) (civilized) (waxing) com 'summon' Sashrimito
You failed.

<862hp(100%) 69%m 97%mv> (2 PM) (civilized) (waxing) com 'summon' Sashrimito
Sashrimito arrives suddenly.
A black rhinoceros charges at Sashrimito, trying to trample him underfoot.
A black rhinoceros's trampling feet EVISCERATES Sashrimito!
Sashrimito yells 'Help! a black rhinoceros is trampling me!'
Sashrimito's surge of water mauls a black rhinoceros.
Sashrimito's surge of water mauls a black rhinoceros.
A black rhinoceros's crush MANGLES Sashrimito!

<862hp(100%) 64%m 97%mv> (2 PM) (civilized) (waxing) com 'wither' Sashrimito

Sashrimito's surge of water wounds a black rhinoceros.
Sashrimito's surge of water wounds a black rhinoceros.
A black rhinoceros's crush MANGLES Sashrimito!
A black rhinoceros's crush *** DEMOLISHES *** Sashrimito!

<862hp(100%) 64%m 97%mv> (2 PM) (civilized) (waxing) Sashrimito yells 'Die, Derogker, you sorcerous dog!'
You narrow your eyes and glare in Sashrimito's direction.
You wither the flesh of Sashrimito!
Your withering *** DEMOLISHES *** Sashrimito!
Sashrimito has fled!
Sashrimito leaves west.

<862hp(100%) 44%m 97%mv> (2 PM) (civilized) (waxing) w
com 'demonfire' Sashrimito

The white aura around your body fades.

<862hp(100%) 47%m 100%mv> (3 PM) (civilized) (waxing)
Agustin: ustul is a villager also

<862hp(100%) 47%m 100%mv> (3 PM) (civilized) (waxing) High Road
The cobblestone avenue passes between the Paladin's Guild to the west and
the headquarters of the guard to the east. You feel a sudden urge to devote
yourself to being good. The road is well-kept through here as it passes from
the park to the north towards the market square to the south.

(Rigid) Sashrimito the felar is here.

<862hp(100%) 47%m 99%mv> (3 PM) (civilized) (waxing)
A black rhinoceros has arrived.

<862hp(100%) 47%m 99%mv> (3 PM) (civilized) (waxing) Sashrimito yells 'Die, Derogker, you sorcerous dog!'
You narrow your eyes and glare in Sashrimito's direction.
You conjure forth the demons of hell!
Your torments *** DEVASTATES *** Sashrimito!
Sashrimito is DEAD!!
Sashrimito's tail is sliced from his dead body

Rhayldrin (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 04:03 AM

#87902, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Derogker Velen'Tarr the Wrath..."
In response to Reply #0

You made me feel like a horrible dwarf hanging out with a duergar but you were too likable not to kill some villagers with. Sorry things went south for you. Good luck with your next (nexun )

Hapohlln (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 01:19 AM

#87900, "Sorry you had a rough time"
In response to Reply #0

Seemed like you were just free +1 pk for dupmasione anytime you were materialized and there just was nothing you could do.

Sorry about that. Too bad there wont be any more runs together

Mmumma (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 06:28 AM

#87904, "RE: Sorry you had a rough time"
In response to Reply #1

Eh?

Shaman losing 1 vs 1 to a paladin? Wtf are you doing there.

Paladins are dead meat to any more or less skilled shaman.
Dispel is your friend.

IsildurSat 14-Nov-09 08:43 AM
5969 posts
#87907, "RE: Sorry you had a rough time"
In response to Reply #3

Yeah. Play duergar shaman vs. defiance + prayer beads + shield of pure light + either of the paladin virtues that dispels, then get back to me.

Mmumma (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 09:08 AM

#87908, "RE: Sorry you had a rough time"
In response to Reply #5

Yes, this is why I won't ever play a duergar shaman

But anyways, shield of blackest pitch + preps, right edges - and you shall have no problems with pallies. Though I agree, defiance is overpowered - but with Tinsalaop and Maldaris, Derogker could totally easily gather something if not totally equal to defiance, but at least close to it.

As a fire giant, I usually couldn't defeat bards. Maybe duergar shamans just have the same problems with defiance paladins.

LhydiaSat 14-Nov-09 09:15 AM
2391 posts
#87909, "Shamans are meat for Paladins. Period. n/t"
In response to Reply #6

gr

Mmumma (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 09:17 AM

#87911, "Nonsense. Check logs. Period."
In response to Reply #7

At the beginning, I was dead meat to forty paladins.

Almost a month I was looking for a right strategy. I found them and I could kill any paladin in fort and take an orb, alone.

If you are playing shaman and a dead meat to the paladins, that doesn't mean it's true to someone else.

Think. Plan. Win.

Elhe (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 09:58 AM

#87914, "Lhydia is right. Shamans meat to Paladins, period.~"
In response to Reply #8

~

quas (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 10:07 AM

#87915, "umm my experience was the opposite"
In response to Reply #11

if the paladin didn't have the faith virtue they were not bad. before the new paladins came out a 2 hander with defiance could have a chance but shield paladins were such sitting ducks cause they couldn't reliably burst damage enough and you can just attack their mana and their sups.

DaevrynSat 14-Nov-09 11:51 AM
11117 posts
#87922, "That's basically my experience:"
In response to Reply #12

Paladin with faith > shaman.

Paladin without faith < shaman.

Mmumma (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 12:00 PM

#87925, "RE: That's basically my experience:"
In response to Reply #18

Can we just have paladin with faith / without faith = shaman?
If you care for the game balance, of course.

JavaSat 14-Nov-09 12:20 PM
1055 posts
#87928, "I hate that stupidity."
In response to Reply #21

"Game balance" does not meant that every class is on equal terms with every other class, 100% of the time. That would be retarded.

And also impossible. If that matters.

Mmumma (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 02:50 PM

#87952, "RE: I hate that stupidity."
In response to Reply #24

Yes yes, this is obvious and I agree with you. But those two classes can be equal in power - same as in my opinion APs should be equal to paladins, and druids - to shamans.

JavaSat 14-Nov-09 05:07 PM
1055 posts
#87979, "Perhaps."
In response to Reply #46

But you said that a Paladin WITH faith should be equally powerful to a Paladin WITHOUT faith? Why? You're essentially saying that virtues should be useless in PK.

And keep in mind, that particular virtue is one that's designed to be useful against shaman above all other classes. So tell me again how it ISN'T stupid to say that a paladin with faith = paladin without faith = shaman?

Mmumma (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 06:53 PM

#87987, "RE: Perhaps."
In response to Reply #72

I think you are trying to provoke me - or you are really an idiot.
Paladin wothout faith have something else, other virtues.

Bye, don't bother to ask anything fro me anymore.

JavaSat 14-Nov-09 08:08 PM
1055 posts
#87996, "Oh, I get it."
In response to Reply #79

You're saying all virtues should be equally useful in ALL circumstances, against ALL enemies.

So.. why bother having virtues in the first place?

No, I'm not trying to provoke you. I'm pointing out the obvious stupidity in your suggestion that a non-faith paladin should be equal in strength as a faith paladin, when fighting a shaman.

CD (Guest)Sun 15-Nov-09 07:35 PM

#88013, "I think a shaman should be the pinnicle of defeating ot..."
In response to Reply #84

Faith or not. I think a shaman should be equiped to deal with any paladin and not get completely face ####ed by it.

daurwyn2 (Guest)Sun 15-Nov-09 08:09 PM

#88014, "They are, unless"
In response to Reply #89

Unless you are a duergar facing a defiance wielding pally.

Seriously, as a drow shaman no paladin was too bad. Sure, I often couldn't go toe to toe against them, but in any 1 v 1 battle the odds were that they would be forced to leave the area, rather than me.

I had a few minor scares against defiance, but nothing that serious. As a duergar though I'd have been toasted had the same thing happened.

JavaSun 15-Nov-09 09:35 PM
1055 posts
#88015, "I think a Shaman should have a distinct advantage over ..."
In response to Reply #89

Unless they have the Faith virtue.

And in practice, they do.

But the faith virtue is designed 100% to fight shamans. It has some other uses, sure, but no one can say shamans were not the target of it. I don't see why a virtue dedicated to fighting one class SHOULDN'T turn the tides in favor of them.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 04:21 PM

#87971, "That used to be mine"
In response to Reply #18

Then I realised that plague worked pretty well vs the elves, faith or no faith.

IsildurSat 14-Nov-09 08:03 PM
5969 posts
#87995, "RE: umm my experience was the opposite"
In response to Reply #12

I will admit: When I was playing the paladin side, I did in fact have problems with a certain duergar shaman. Here's why:

1. He was Emperor.
2. He had shield of blackest pitch.
3. I never had defiance.
4. I never had one of the virtues that gives dispel.

So basically I could spam wrath for EVISCERATES while he dispelled all my stuff and energy drained me to the point of being useless.

Reverse a bunch of that stuff, though, and it quickly favors the paladin.

Taking a way shield of blackest pitch from a duergar effectively *doubles* the damage he takes from positive attacks. Now give the paladin a weapon that can't be disarmed and a shield that can't be cleaved. And the ability to dispel all the shaman's communes.

Derogker (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 08:56 PM

#88001, "RE: umm my experience was the opposite"
In response to Reply #83

Sadly the shield was never in..../cry.

Minyar1 (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 03:39 PM

#87959, "Wow...so wrong. Some Paladins are hard, thats true."
In response to Reply #11

Duergar Shaman can definitely overcome them. Now...it is better to be a Shaman in Empire than Scion IMO.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 04:20 PM

#87970, "I disagree"
In response to Reply #7

Nererial came out on top of paladins in a 1 v 1, even where I didn't use rot or healing curse.

Kadsies (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 11:35 AM

#87920, "I am curious.."
In response to Reply #6

What weapon in the game you think is remotely equal to defiance that a duergar shaman can get? I can think of one weapon and it by no means is anything even close to the kind of uberness defiance packs.

Derogker (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 11:43 AM

#87921, "RE: I am curious.."
In response to Reply #16

Not only that, defience can only be looted by goodies. If your an evil or neutral you get nuked and it vaporized. If you managed to kill someone with it and wanted to destroy it you could by trying to loot....then they would walk down as a ghost and get it right back.

What weapon can we get that is as powerful? Maybe one close but hey if we lose it...where ####ed on getting it again for awhile. Defiance once obtained is so easy to get back if you die and some idiot loots it.

DaevrynSat 14-Nov-09 11:52 AM
11117 posts
#87923, "RE: I am curious.."
In response to Reply #17

Out of curiousity, what's the name of your paladin that did this?

It's not as trivial as you say.

LhydiaSat 14-Nov-09 01:50 PM
2391 posts
#87939, "All you need is a thief who's a ghost at the same time...."
In response to Reply #19

gr

Kadsies (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 02:12 PM

#87946, "I'd like to know the logic behind.."
In response to Reply #34

Giving the mob a major upgrade and then putting in a way to just circumvent said mob completely. Just to #### with people?

DaevrynSat 14-Nov-09 02:15 PM
11117 posts
#87948, "RE: I'd like to know the logic behind.."
In response to Reply #41

The way to circumvent it has been in as long as improved picklock has been, and I didn't have anything to do with it.

I've avoided touching it thus far because I think that advanced pick should be good for something, and that's on a short list of things it's genuinely good for.

(I don't think I've ever had a friendly advanced-pick thief available when playing a paladin, and I still see a number of people doing it the old-fashioned way, so my gut feeling is this isn't that big of an issue, people just like to make it one.)

DaevrynMon 23-Nov-09 09:52 PM
11117 posts
#88406, "FNCR (n/t)"
In response to Reply #34

thendrellSat 14-Nov-09 09:19 AM
Member since 08th May 2009
134 posts
#87912, "RE: Sorry you had a rough time"
In response to Reply #5

Duergar shaman gets destroyed by a good paladin, there is not even a question about it. By good paladin I mean decent gear and virtues. (And Dupmasione clearly goes beyond just a good paladin)

I dueled Nidblot all the time back when I had thendrell (2 handed 3 virtued- not entirely a fair match), and it would take him about 5 tries to land a dispell, or a blindness, or anything else. And by then he was dead. Usually even without using wrath communes.

Usually went counterstrike or divine intervention (once I got that virtue it was really one sided- as it makes landing communes on the paladin virtually impossible). Templar Hiltsmash. Three hit strike of faith with Bal Talon. Dead. He had blackest pitch, but once he lost that it was pointless to do it. Good times, but shamans are a lot weaker than paladins I find as most are virtues and have decent gear because of the goody players helping one another a bit more. Generally it's just a matter of sealing the kill with a paladin that is tough.

Derogker (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 10:27 AM

#87917, "RE: Sorry you had a rough time"
In response to Reply #9

Its not really a matter of Duerger vs Paladin, I ate any paladin but Dup alive and I'll explain why.

1) Elves are hard to curse...especially elf paladins with uber -svs from uber gear.

2) Elf's are a high dex, high int race...now give them paladin shield abilities and haste and you basically have a ####ing mongoose with wrath porcupine spikes and lagging abilities.

3) Three virtues

4) Spam wrath + sword dispel + sword wrath + halo of faith.

You cannot land communes, your being spammed by something that is not affected to much by damage reduction and has to be saved against + its a vuln.

Had I been rewarded with unrepentant sinner or a form of wrath negation it would have leveled my fights with Dup.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #87899 Previous topic | Next topic