Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed Cur ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #87835
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 12-Nov-09 08:12 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#87835, "(AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed Cur of Strength, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris"

Thu Nov 12 07:08:06 2009

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Sulye perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:729

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Does anyone else find this insane?, tngni (Guest), 14-Nov-09 06:38 PM, #43
Reply A suggestion, Valkenar, 14-Nov-09 07:05 PM, #45
Reply Cute., tngni (Guest), 14-Nov-09 10:28 PM, #53
Reply RE: Does anyone else find this insane?, Isildur, 14-Nov-09 07:06 PM, #46
Reply Just an FYI, Lornis (Guest), 14-Nov-09 08:32 PM, #48
     Reply I take it back, I did get 1k for a talk with merg and i..., Lornis (Guest), 14-Nov-09 08:52 PM, #50
Reply Are you kidding?!?, AcalledBeast (Guest), 14-Nov-09 07:09 PM, #47
Reply I agree. Longevity and consistancy with rp needs to be ..., CraftedD (Guest), 14-Nov-09 10:06 PM, #51
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Glurgick (Guest), 13-Nov-09 08:42 PM, #39
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Isildur, 13-Nov-09 08:53 PM, #40
     Reply It was just north of the seantryn gates...., Arrna (Guest), 14-Nov-09 02:30 PM, #42
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Biklaha (Guest), 13-Nov-09 01:46 PM, #38
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Isildur, 12-Nov-09 08:53 AM, #2
Reply Doh, fezzle freck (Guest), 12-Nov-09 09:03 AM, #4
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Carn (Guest), 12-Nov-09 09:08 AM, #5
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Iunna, 12-Nov-09 09:16 AM, #6
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Isildur, 12-Nov-09 09:33 AM, #7
     Reply Unfortunately, Rayihn, 12-Nov-09 10:44 AM, #11
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Tangni (Guest), 12-Nov-09 09:47 AM, #8
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Yaniyule (Guest), 12-Nov-09 09:48 AM, #9
Reply Hah, never guessed it., Quird (Guest), 12-Nov-09 11:48 AM, #12
Reply RE: Looting, Splntrd, 12-Nov-09 12:17 PM, #13
Reply RE: Looting, Isildur, 12-Nov-09 12:26 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Looting, Splntrd, 12-Nov-09 12:37 PM, #16
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Shaughath (Guest), 12-Nov-09 12:18 PM, #14
Reply Thanks for the Bracers! One thing..., Kaskin (Guest), 12-Nov-09 01:05 PM, #17
Reply RE: Thanks for the Bracers! One thing..., Isildur, 12-Nov-09 02:05 PM, #20
     Reply Human hatred doesn't help against, Kaskin (Guest), 12-Nov-09 03:44 PM, #23
          Reply RE: Human hatred doesn't help against, Daevryn, 12-Nov-09 04:15 PM, #24
               Reply The helpfiles don't seem to jive with that. n/t, Kaskin (Guest), 12-Nov-09 04:49 PM, #25
                    Reply Which helpfiles are you reading? :P (n/t), Daevryn, 12-Nov-09 07:11 PM, #26
                         Reply RE: Which helpfiles are you reading? :P (n/t), Kaskin (Guest), 12-Nov-09 09:03 PM, #29
Reply I knew it was you., Ssirenia (Guest), 12-Nov-09 01:16 PM, #18
Reply RE: I knew it was you., Isildur, 12-Nov-09 02:12 PM, #21
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Derogker (Guest), 12-Nov-09 01:16 PM, #19
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Isildur, 12-Nov-09 02:14 PM, #22
Reply Awesome Character. Full of Isildur'y goodness., Dream Reaper (Guest), 12-Nov-09 07:38 PM, #27
Reply Great char, Kalisda (Guest), 12-Nov-09 07:59 PM, #28
Reply RE: Great char, Isildur, 12-Nov-09 09:47 PM, #30
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Mizze (Guest), 13-Nov-09 02:12 AM, #31
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Isildur, 13-Nov-09 08:53 AM, #34
Reply Oooh Sulye..., Arrna (Guest), 13-Nov-09 04:18 AM, #32
Reply RE: Oooh Sulye..., Isildur, 13-Nov-09 08:56 AM, #35
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Korachath (Guest), 13-Nov-09 08:41 AM, #33
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Isildur, 13-Nov-09 09:02 AM, #36
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Korachath (Guest), 13-Nov-09 10:08 AM, #37
Reply Damns, Quindelbin (Guest), 14-Nov-09 05:49 AM, #41
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Isildur, 14-Nov-09 06:53 PM, #44
Reply Good work, Dupmasione (Guest), 14-Nov-09 08:49 PM, #49
Reply Rofl your comment makes him seem like a toolbox nightre..., CraftedD (Guest), 14-Nov-09 10:07 PM, #52
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Lorn (Guest), 16-Nov-09 07:51 PM, #54
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Isildur, 16-Nov-09 09:59 PM, #55
          Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..., Lorn (Guest), 17-Nov-09 12:29 PM, #56
Reply Your farewell echoes., Grobbak, 12-Nov-09 08:17 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Your farewell echoes., Isildur, 12-Nov-09 08:58 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Your farewell echoes., Grobbak, 12-Nov-09 10:07 AM, #10

tngni (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 06:38 PM

#87986, "Does anyone else find this insane?"
In response to Reply #0

720 hours, ~200 pks, and 4500 imm exp and no other rewards except a leader position (by virtue of being the only character that really qualified for it). This isn't an isolated incident though, what's the secret to getting IMM rewards (besides having nep's wife as your patron?)

ValkenarSat 14-Nov-09 07:05 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#87990, "A suggestion"
In response to Reply #43
Edited on Sat 14-Nov-09 07:05 PM

>720 hours, ~200 pks, and 4500 imm exp and no other rewards
>except a leader position (by virtue of being the only
>character that really qualified for it). This isn't an
>isolated incident though, what's the secret to getting IMM
>rewards (besides having nep's wife as your patron?)

Just keep being a jackass, I'm sure it'll will work out for you eventually.

tngni (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 10:28 PM

#88008, "Cute."
In response to Reply #45

In your haste to leap to the defense of the damsel in distress, you failed basic reading comprehension. I award you the "internet chivalry" badge for your efforts, though. Keep fighting the good fight, kid.

IsildurSat 14-Nov-09 07:06 PM
5969 posts
#87991, "RE: Does anyone else find this insane?"
In response to Reply #43

In their defense, Sulye wasn't my greatest effort. Also I never got any imm xp from any of the "easter egg hunt" type contests, and kind of stalled out on role updates at some point. Plus Outlander seems to be sort of hurting for imm presence at the moment.

Honestly, I think having a patron imm is worth a good chunk. Not only are you likely to get ~1500 over a character's life from chats in the shrine, you're also more likely to have someone watching your character when he's online. So you're more likely to get xp for random other cool stuff you might do.

Lornis (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 08:32 PM

#87998, "Just an FYI"
In response to Reply #46

I have no idea how much imm exp I got. I will say that I don't remember ever getting any for any of the chats Mergulla and I had. We did spend quite a bit of time together.

Granted - I got some other very cool stuff! So...

Lornis (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 08:52 PM

#88000, "I take it back, I did get 1k for a talk with merg and i..."
In response to Reply #48

I guess I should have read my pbf. Anyway... I like Sulye a lot and man did you get me in a couple of good ways. We had some great fights and I respected you more than Mreash though both equally skilled. I thought you were more willing to "step out" of the wilds and fight some.

Good luck!

AcalledBeast (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 07:09 PM

#87992, "Are you kidding?!?"
In response to Reply #43

He got a title as a non-empowerment class and in only 500~ hours. Thats amazing love! And Daevryn only made one negative comment about him, how much more love can you possibly want?!?

Outlanders haven't had an -official- active imm in the cabal for a really long time, we just don't complain about it. We are cool like that. We are still somewhat watched though and often picked on and spit on by other cabal imms when they catch us doing something naughty, esspecially if its to their kids. Still, word in the forest is that it is about to change but who knows. We are lone wolves and therefore too cool to care.

But seriously at least Sulye got a title, look at what Mreash got.

CraftedD (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 10:06 PM

#88006, "I agree. Longevity and consistancy with rp needs to be ..."
In response to Reply #43

ntn

Glurgick (Guest)Fri 13-Nov-09 08:42 PM

#87893, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #0

Man, I either had the worst luck with you, or you had the best luck with me, I can remember at least twice teleporting and standing there no more then two seconds and getting ambushed to dead....and the one long drawn out duel with Arrna...only to defeat him and have you ambush me afterwards. I did make a classy escape that one time in the underdark though......all in the fun, keep them going, peace

Glu

IsildurFri 13-Nov-09 08:53 PM
5969 posts
#87894, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #39

That underdark thing killed me. You so should have been dead. And I wanted strange bracers.

As far as I remember, though, I only got you once. In the mountains near arial city after you teleported from fighting Frismund. I just happened to be in the area already. Not sure I remember the Arrna one.

I did have a second chance to loot you when you died fighting a mob in the High Lord's keep, by the way. I ran in, looked in your corpse, decided I wasn't going to take anything, then Tangni flew down and attacked me.

Arrna (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 02:30 PM

#87950, "It was just north of the seantryn gates...."
In response to Reply #40

... Glurgick and I had a VERY VERY long duel. Lasted for 45ish minutes RL or so. Maybe more. Awesome duel. When I returned you were standing over our corpses. heh

Biklaha (Guest)Fri 13-Nov-09 01:46 PM

#87889, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #0

Wow, you just tooled me in our first two encounters. First was realy well placed trap and even I did enjoyed it..though would I not be lazy and buy some speckled pills I'd survive I think. But then you just owned me in Evermoon not even in the wilds (btw was it haste or what?) and all I could do is sit in far coner under closed door and wait out insects to quaf return). After that things changed a bit and I managed to get you two or three times. Still all those ambushes while gathering preps...heh. Thanks for the title btw and good luck on next.

IsildurThu 12-Nov-09 08:53 AM
5969 posts
#87846, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #0

Good times.

I rolled Sulye after deleting my evil conjurer experiment. I'd never had an outlander before and had never had a successful ranger. I like to alternate between good and evil from character to character, and the evil conjurer wasn't really alive long enough to "count" as an evil. Hence Sulye.

Originally I'd considered doing mountaineer+explorer, but then I figured there's a lot more forest than mountains, especially around the refuge, and besides I kind of liked the idea of using scrolls, call lightning, etc. Better bearcharge would have been nice but I'm definitely not disappointed in having gone forester+survivalist.

As far as ranger PK goes...yeah. It's frustrating not being a cloud giant. There were so many times when, after snaring someone, I'd waylay them down to writhing but miss the bearcharge and they'd just flee/tele. I consoled myself with the fact that, had I been a cloud giant, crappy creep would probably have cost me as many kills as non-crappy bearcharge would have gained me. That's probably not true, but it's what I told myself.

My role: originally I was going to "investigate" all the strength-related imms, get rejected by all of them, then hit up Yean. But at some point I decided the restrictions Yean typically imposes would cramp my style...so then I was just going to hit up the strength-related imms and try to get their "thoughts" on strength. I got smited by Thror (which was expected), ignored by Baer (but thanks for the title!) and could never get in touch with Enlilth (whom I expected to also smite me).

Speech patterns: I'm not really sure how this developed. At some point I just noticed I was doing it, and I admit it's weird for a felar, so I wrote it into the role. Basically Sulye had a psychotic break and proceded to "go feral" and run around alone for a long time. I tried to explain the degraded speech as a side effect of the isolation.

Thoughts on looting: I literally looted almost nothing over the entire course of Sulye's life. Early on in the low ranks I'd take stuff I needed. At hero I'd take return potions and maybe preps. At times I even returned stuff that I could arguably have used, just because it was only marginally better than what I already had and the other guy couldn't have worn what his stuff would be replacing. Think I passed on looting humansunder three separate times (Liethkim, Alimas and either Derogker or Glurgick). For the most part I was treated the same way. Part of it, though, was probably that 90% of my gear was felar_only. That never hurts.

On Fortlander: I was torn on this one. On the one hand, I felt like I should kill fort guys mercilessly just to counteract the fortlander accusations. On the other hand, I felt sort of lame camping outside the fortress in a snare all the time. So I tried to be judicious about it and only do that sometimes.

On taking items: I tried to be intentional about not camping at the refuge whenever we took another cabal's item. I hate that crap. So if anybody ever refrained from retrieving because I was online...know that 99% of the time I was nowhere near the refuge.

Anyway, some shout outs:

Quird- Fun to be around, got stuff done. Can't ask for more.

Mergen- Crazy kamikaze druid. Running around with you always showed me something new when it came to the bounties of Thar-Eris.

Nado- thanks for showing me the simple staff. At least I think that was you.

Hakdu- Same thoughts as for Quird.

Yugrut- Again like Quird, you were fun to be around and effective. Thanks for showing me the outlander-friendly return potion.

Dupmasione- For much of Sulye's life I viewed you as kind of a douche, but I warmed to you later on. At the same time, after the one encounter we had in the jade mountains, I pretty much decided never to fight you again. There was no point. Also- your response to Sulye's taunts re: killing squires is pretty close to what I would have said if I were captain, so yay on you.

Lornkanamas- Yay for rescuing evil dude from the avalanche! Heh. You had to know I was evil when you did that, right?

Anyway...I'm sure I missed some folks. If so, I'm sure they'll let me know.

fezzle freck (Guest)Thu 12-Nov-09 09:03 AM

#87848, "Doh"
In response to Reply #2

Amazing character. Will be missing you badly. I tried not to follow you around too much becuase I knew you were being stealthy, but I knew I could learn a lot from you so I still did it.

See you on the next one.

Carn (Guest)Thu 12-Nov-09 09:08 AM

#87849, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #2

Now I see why did you defend outlanders kill-them-all attitude so agressively

IunnaThu 12-Nov-09 09:16 AM
473 posts
#87850, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #2

>typically imposes would cramp my style...so then I was just
>going to hit up the strength-related imms and try to get their
>"thoughts" on strength. I got smited by Thror (which was
>expected), ignored by Baer (but thanks for the title!) and
>could never get in touch with Enlilth (whom I expected to also
>smite me).

I personally was always confused by this, because Strength isn't
one of Baer's spheres. Is there a reason you pursued her that I'm
just not getting?

That aside, I didn't really watch or interact with you at all outside
of Gertie, and that much I enjoyed. GLWYN.

IsildurThu 12-Nov-09 09:33 AM
5969 posts
#87851, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #6

Yeah, I was aware strength wasn't one of her spheres, but I still considered her to be "strong" so I figured I'd see if I could get some kind of interaction. Especially after she nuked Hakdu in the shrine. Whereas other gods were obviously "strong" just by virtue of being immortal, Sulye had some practical knowledge of how strong Baer since I was online when she tore Hakdu a new one.

Also- I wanted to see how she's explain all the jaguars prowling around the shrine, considering that in Sulye's mind those animals were amoral. Not "immoral" but "amoral". Had she enslaved them? Were they trained to deny their baser instincts and serve as her guardians (which would have been equally as bad)? Etc.

RayihnThu 12-Nov-09 10:44 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#87855, "Unfortunately"
In response to Reply #7

Baer just doesn't even think it's worth her time to talk to evils. SO yeah..ignored. Sorry!

Tangni (Guest)Thu 12-Nov-09 09:47 AM

#87852, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #2

Good job on Sulye, you were definatly wicked and a good counter to me in the tree. Some decent conversations on Leader channel from time to time, usually with differing opinions on applicants/members because of our obvious differences in beliefs.

Good luck with your next "Vile One".

Yaniyule (Guest)Thu 12-Nov-09 09:48 AM

#87853, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #2

I was wondering just how long you could hang on I was fighting with you two characters ago, and even got the kill too!

At any rate, well done all around, saved my hide more than once. The classic one was against a dark-elven transmuter who chased me from the palace, then tried to get the kill near the keep of the righteous there and you step out with an ambush and killed him in one.

Always good to see an age- and/or con-deathed character, I hope you had loads of fun, and GLWYN.

Quird (Guest)Thu 12-Nov-09 11:48 AM

#87857, "Hah, never guessed it."
In response to Reply #2

Never guessed who was playing Sulye, but I did enjoy our time together. You were a solid presence and a far better leader than I was. Glad you stuck it out to age death and got your full mileage, something I'll always be jealous of with all my characters.

And try a Nexun mage next. Just a random thought.

SplntrdThu 12-Nov-09 12:17 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#87859, "RE: Looting"
In response to Reply #2

At some point, very very early on in this character's life, I defended the Fort from you and someone else with my lowbie dwarf. It may have been my first cabal defense, ever (before then I'd only played Heralds), and I had a hero healer backing me up.

The tells you sent me afterwards sounded like (to me) that you were going to kill and full loot me every chance you got. So I didn't really have a high opinion of you.

Good to know (from what you said about looting in this post) that those weren't your real intentions.

Splntrd

IsildurThu 12-Nov-09 12:26 PM
5969 posts
#87861, "RE: Looting"
In response to Reply #13

Wow. Really? I never said that to anybody, that I can remember. There were maybe four characters over the course of Sulye's life that I might have full looted had I ever killed them, and none of them was a fort dwarf.

Actually, I don't remember ever even attacking the Fortress outer until very late in Sulye's life. Are you sure it was me?

SplntrdThu 12-Nov-09 12:37 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#87862, "RE: Looting"
In response to Reply #15
Edited on Thu 12-Nov-09 12:37 PM

No, not completely sure. It did seem very out of character for you, when I found out who played Sulye.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Splntrd

Shaughath (Guest)Thu 12-Nov-09 12:18 PM

#87860, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #2

Good stuff and solid presence from what I saw. Well well. All three leaders baaaleeeted. This can't be good for outties. You will be missed. We had some good raids/pks and defending.

Shaggu (Shah-goo)

Kaskin (Guest)Thu 12-Nov-09 01:05 PM

#87863, "Thanks for the Bracers! One thing..."
In response to Reply #2

When I yielded to you and admitted defeat, you said something like, "But at what cost?"

Do you remember that and if so what did you mean? Also, How in the HEEEEEELLL do you fight shapeshifters as a ranger?

What was your terrain and type?

IsildurThu 12-Nov-09 02:05 PM
5969 posts
#87866, "RE: Thanks for the Bracers! One thing..."
In response to Reply #17

Weird. I really have no recollection of saying that. I think I might have been referring to the fact that I almost killed myself during that fight, while trying to kill you. At one point I tried to recite a scroll of storms on you except you'd already left the room. So I ended up reciting it on myself and almost killing myself.

As for fighting shifters...Sulye was pretty optimal in melee defense/offense combination. You get free spins from wielding spear or staff, plus the claw attacks. I had front-claw extensions, had mastered brawling, had the "human hatred" edge (most shifters are human), had an av30 ranger weapon and about a 60-65 damroll. Beyond that just prep. Some of them still tore me up, it kind of depended on the form.

I was a forester/survivalist. So, old school ranger.

Kaskin (Guest)Thu 12-Nov-09 03:44 PM

#87869, "Human hatred doesn't help against"
In response to Reply #20

Human shifters in form. For instance Feline hatred would help against a tiger, felar, or lion etc.

But back to you. With that set up you could stand against a gator?

It just boggled me that I could spend so many rounds fighting you and put some pain in you, but nothing to any shifter I ever fought.

DaevrynThu 12-Nov-09 04:15 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#87870, "RE: Human hatred doesn't help against"
In response to Reply #23

>Human shifters in form.

I don't think this is correct and I wrote the code, but I also haven't looked at it recently.

Kaskin (Guest)Thu 12-Nov-09 04:49 PM

#87872, "The helpfiles don't seem to jive with that. n/t"
In response to Reply #24

awefwef

DaevrynThu 12-Nov-09 07:11 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#87876, "Which helpfiles are you reading? :P (n/t)"
In response to Reply #25

Kaskin (Guest)Thu 12-Nov-09 09:03 PM

#87879, "RE: Which helpfiles are you reading? :P (n/t)"
In response to Reply #26

Help human hatred includes humans halfbreeds and minotaurs(wtf?)

Help feline hatred and avian hatred seemed to elude to shapeshifters because in the related files they mention shapshifters.

I'm on a cell and going from memory.

Ssirenia (Guest)Thu 12-Nov-09 01:16 PM

#87864, "I knew it was you."
In response to Reply #2

I was looking up rangers the other day and came across your post asking about them in Dios. However, even before that, the way you behaved...you were extremely helpful, willing to take time from whatever you were doing to show me things or come bring me a yellow root inorder to fight two giants and survive.

You were a classy guy (or girl(?)).

I think someone once praised how helpful you had been to them on CB and duarte said 'Sulye did that? Real nice guy, that Sulye' sarcastically. It was something like that, and i kinda had to agree. I never quite got that evil vibe from you, just a really nice classy guy pretending to be naughty. However i'm sure outsiders would have definately gotten that evil vibe, so Good job on that.

Of course, losing another good leader will hurt Outlanders alot.

Anyways, good luck with your next.

IsildurThu 12-Nov-09 02:12 PM
5969 posts
#87867, "RE: I knew it was you."
In response to Reply #18

Sulye was like a Hunsobo evil. Not so much burning hatred but a childish delight in destruction, plus a sort of general disregard for the lives of others. That's how I justified hunting and killing random fortress guys. She was all about "the Hunt". It wasn't anything personal...she just viewed herself as having been born with that sort of instinct. Like a wild animal. And denying your instincts is a big no-no for Team Outlander.

Derogker (Guest)Thu 12-Nov-09 01:16 PM

#87865, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #2

Very lethal ranger, you would always catch me in places where I was doing "maintance" (gathering preps or gold) tasks and you would always tear me up.

You never looted and where always in character as always *gclap* for your professionalism and another well played char.

You gotta admit though that one arristea kill was sexy sauce.

GLWYN

IsildurThu 12-Nov-09 02:14 PM
5969 posts
#87868, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #19

Yeah. That really ticked me off. Not that you did it, per se, but that for some inconceivable reason I left trustall on. Like I said on Jaina's thread, I think she's the reason. I had to trustall in order to make it easier for her to cast muter spells on me, and must have forgotten to turn it off. Good thinking on your part, though.

Dream Reaper (Guest)Thu 12-Nov-09 07:38 PM

#87877, "Awesome Character. Full of Isildur'y goodness."
In response to Reply #2

You were the first ranger to kill one of my Healers. That was NASTY.

Kalisda (Guest)Thu 12-Nov-09 07:59 PM

#87878, "Great char"
In response to Reply #2

I don't recall many fights with you outside of me getting struck and me running and quaffing. Rule one when fighting a ranger- don't fight on their terms unless you have no other choice. You were a terror in the wilderness and I have to respect that, and I think you probably did get me one or two times though I can't say for sure. Knowing you were on, and usually there were others as well, deterred me from even attempting solo retrievals.

Knowing who played Sulye, not surprised she was as good as she was. Well done, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

IsildurThu 12-Nov-09 09:47 PM
5969 posts
#87880, "RE: Great char"
In response to Reply #28

Heh. Actually I think I never got you. The only place I could ever snare you was in a swamp, and I'm pretty sure all non-marshdweller rangers get bearcharge nerfed in swamp terrain. You must not have gone off the roads much, because I would always "track" people around frequently trafficked spots and I hardly ever found Kalisda tracks.

Mizze (Guest)Fri 13-Nov-09 02:12 AM

#87881, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #2

Didn't interact all that much but the times we did I sure got a solid feeling about Sulye. Was always hoping to fight you when you where online. But that last time was quite funny. I was heading that way to try and find Ssirenia. Didn't quite go as planed =)

But tell me is playing a ranger as much sitting around waiting for a target as I think it is? I always shuned them because I would have a hard time with that.

IsildurFri 13-Nov-09 08:53 AM
5969 posts
#87885, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #31

It depends. As an outlander there are advantages to being always moving around. Usually the only time I would sit around is when I had made a snare. Then I sort of felt obligated to babysit it until it expired, since if I walked off and then someone got caught I'd feel kind of dumb.

Now, if there was someone I especially wanted to kill (e.g. Biklaha, Gzurweeg) then I would sometimes try to lay down traps in places I had found their tracks, hoping they'd come that way again. Or if I found someone in high lord's keep I might set a snare outside and hope they walk out the north gate wounded, which involved me sitting there waiting for them to come out.

Most of the time, though, I made kind of circuit through lots of wilderness areas, picking up preps as I went and hoping to find people in the wilderness.

Arrna (Guest)Fri 13-Nov-09 04:18 AM

#87882, "Oooh Sulye..."
In response to Reply #2

... We sure had a bunch of interesting fights. It felt like you really needed to come up with some plans to get to me. That time in the consortium was nice though. I felt safe since I had just 2 ticks earlier been told that you were at the fortress. So I figured you couldn't have seen me sneak in there... Heh

That time on the ocean when Frorania and I got you.. That was one of the most insane PK moments for me in CF. I saw you on where, and then you were gone. So I ran like 2 west, 3 south and typed bash Sulye, and it was all spammed commands. I remember that I thought I was stupid for spamming commands like that, and then the bash commands comes, and SMACK, I based you! You walked right into the room just as my preordered bash hit.

Anyways, awesome char! And thanks for the intercation and induction with Jaina. As always your awesome, keep them coming Isildur!

IsildurFri 13-Nov-09 08:56 AM
5969 posts
#87886, "RE: Oooh Sulye..."
In response to Reply #32

Yeah. That was another example of me trying to cut corners. I saw you guys there and I'm like, "Yeah, I can just run past them, no need to use a potion." Ooops.

Korachath (Guest)Fri 13-Nov-09 08:41 AM

#87884, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #2

A pity I didn't get to know your char better. I enjoyed our brief interaction, and I really liked what little I saw (heard) of your role.

Yes, I fully expected something of the sort when I gated to you that last time. I still can't decide why I actually did it. Maybe I was a little cocky, maybe I just thought it'd be nice to give you one last kill

Anyhow...thanks for filling out the ranks of evil and adding some much-needed diversity. Look forward to meeting you in the fields again!

IsildurFri 13-Nov-09 09:02 AM
5969 posts
#87887, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #33

I felt kind of guilty about that. When you first started gating to me as a cry-of-the-phoenix-beacon for Dupmasione, I thought to myself, "Boy am I going to enjoy punking this guy." But then we started talking and you turned out to not be as much of a douche as I'd hoped. But man...that gate trap was just too perfect to pass up. The beauty of it is that even if Dupmasione had been online, he most likely would not have been able to put himself in a position to cry to you in time.

Keep on truckin'. I'm curious to see how murder-healer turns out.

Korachath (Guest)Fri 13-Nov-09 10:08 AM

#87888, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #36

Yeah, I kind of figured that with you being so close to dying an age death, I could justify the not-douche and try to inspire you to want to find some measure of balance (if not redemption). Of course, the fact that I knew full well that I couldn't kill you alone (except possibly in the most extreme and extraordinary circumstance, which I doubted I would ever find you in, considering the skill you played her with) might also have played a part in my decision

Quindelbin (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 05:49 AM

#87903, "Damns"
In response to Reply #2

I really enjoyed the first time we met and I was looking forward to interacting with you many more times. I'm glad you enjoyed the character and I'm sure I'll see you around.

IsildurSat 14-Nov-09 06:53 PM
5969 posts
#87988, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #2

Some stats:

PKpH at ranks 1-50: 0.35 (90 PK / 257 H)
PKpH at ranks 20-29: 0.70 (32 PK / 46 H)
PKpH at ranks 30-39: 0.34 (20 PK / 58 H)
PKpH at ranks 40-50: 0.32 (36 PK / 114 H)
PKpH at rank 51: 0.22 (104 PK / 472 H)

So apparently 20-29 is the sweet spot for rangers?

Combos that killed me solo in hero range:

Mummy w/ PWK (Adeglicfh)
Storm Swords Warrior w/ bash + flurry (Humbert)
Cloud Swords Warrior w/ bash + auto-disarm + flurry (Biklaha x 2)
Elf Shield Paladin w/ defiance + shield bash (Dupmasione)
Offense Shifter w/ trustall + aristaeia (Lornis)
Lich w/ PWK (Ahtieli)
Arial Invoker w/ raid situation + sequester (Valkyneth)
Gnome Shifter w/ raid situation (Jerjerbei)

Thoughts on some edges & skills:

Scrolls: After playing a thief I expected scrolls would be a "big deal" for the ranger. That's one of the reasons I chose forester/survivalist. They ended up not being very important at all.

Track: This is totally underrated. Tracking people let me know where they had been ranking, where they went for wands, where they went to gather preps, which wilderness shortcuts they took or didn't take, etc.

Call lightning: Also kind of underrated. Especially when you take into account the lodestone edge.

Growling cry: This was worth the points. Without it I'd have never used feral growl, since I would have had warcry up all the time. The boost isn't huge, but hey...free damroll, resist mental and resist paralysis. What's not to like.

Apt learner: Wish I hadn't taken this. I took it super-early in order to maximize the amount of level gains I'd have, and I sort of expected to get more imm xp then I wound up with. Plus stuff went up naturally anyway, so I didn't need the bonus.

Human hatred: No idea how much this helped damage, but given that there aren't that many "must have" ranger edges it seemed reasonable to splurge and take the most expensive "hatred" edge. Conjurers, necromancers, shapeshifters, thieves and assassins all skew heavily human.

Snare evaluator: IMO this is a "must have" for any ranger with snare. It changes your tactics if you know a snare is going to fail. Plus you don't have to stand around babysitting it for 24 hours if you know its going to fail anyway.

Belly rake: Another one I wish I hadn't taken. The damage was pretty unimpressive and it rarely fired.

Lodestone lightning: IMO another "must have" if your ranger has call lightning.

Deft ambush: This wasn't very useful because I rarely did anything other than normal waylay or the occasional onslaught (which was usually a bad idea). Probably wouldn't have taken it if I could do it over again.

Combat statistician: I took this just because I had points left over and knew I was never going to get any new "useful" options. I'd never seen it in action before. Having seen it, I probably wouldn't spend the points again.

Herbalist/Expert Herbalist: These were pretty useful, mostly for the additional curative benefits. Mostly I used it to cure poison. In home terrain, I could find herbs once every 3 hours and each batch cured about 300 hp.

Dupmasione (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 08:49 PM

#87999, "Good work"
In response to Reply #2

You were suitably evil but not in the way that empire/scion seem to be evil - that is, you were always sort of a secondary target for me.

Part of that was how incredibly difficult it was to pin you down to fight you. Great job on that.

I'm glad my answer lived up to your standards, since you played a great Captain recently. Or Marshall? I can't remember. Both probably?

CraftedD (Guest)Sat 14-Nov-09 10:07 PM

#88007, "Rofl your comment makes him seem like a toolbox nightre..."
In response to Reply #49

ntnt

Lorn (Guest)Mon 16-Nov-09 07:51 PM

#88035, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #2

I remember that time well. And yes, especially earlier in Lorn's life he was not afraid to extend a helping hand to some evils. Especially Outlanders, whom he considers something more akin to a misbehaving. misguided beasts than actually being 'evil' Not to mention, after that you never attacked me and always let me out of your snares without a scratch. A nice perk! It also let us build a slightly different report than I normally have with foes. I really enjoyed Sulye.

IsildurMon 16-Nov-09 09:59 PM
5969 posts
#88040, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #54

Heh. Well, I would have killed you if I thought I could have. The few times I snared you you were always in sanc, and it never dropped while you were still in the snare. I suppose I could have camped out at your favorite "gate and healing sleep" location, but that's boring.

Did you actually know I was evil before walking into the avalanche, though? I figured you'd catch on once you came in and I refused to step out of camo. But by that time you were already stuck and would have to sanctify the room anyway, meaning I could quaff out.

Lorn (Guest)Tue 17-Nov-09 12:29 PM

#88050, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Sulye Ahaleen the Shadowed ..."
In response to Reply #55

I'll take your word for it, but I think we had a pretty amicable relationship after that save when we were young. You even gave me common-foe updates/locations at times as well as warnings. There were plenty of times for you to, if not kill me, at least make my life very, very hard! As for knowing you were evil, my spirit sight at the time could only decipher Light and Uneasy feeling. So, the fact you asked for the aid of an Acolyte at first led me to believe you were neutral. I asked around and was told that you were probably dark, but nothing definite. Couldn't say no, though. So, I went in and chatted with you a bit before I sanctified, hoping to garner a bit of quarter for my cause.

GrobbakThu 12-Nov-09 08:17 AM
Member since 13th Jul 2009
174 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#87837, "Your farewell echoes."
In response to Reply #0

From out of nowhere, you feel the Ancients stir.

A vision fills your mind.

A small felar pup is sitting alone in a field.

Hovering just above the field is a winged figure, peering down on the pup.

"Much pain and destruction this one will cause. Thar-Eris rejoice."

The mortal form of the same pup, now withered with age and lifeless, rests in a field.

"Thus is the cycle. Such a full life."

The winged arial figure strums on his harp, playing a mournful dirge.

"The city folk will breath a bit easier this eve," the Ancient says smirking to himself.

IsildurThu 12-Nov-09 08:58 AM
5969 posts
#87847, "RE: Your farewell echoes."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks! Was hoping to get to see sleeping-dude return, but never heard anything about it after the initial rumblings. This isn't a complaint, but Outlander could use some sort of imm presence.

GrobbakThu 12-Nov-09 10:07 AM
Member since 13th Jul 2009
174 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#87854, "RE: Your farewell echoes."
In response to Reply #3

Sleeping dude has been around, just spreading the love.

Sleeping dude wakes soon, hopefully.

I really learned a lot from watching you.

Solid outlander, leader, character - all around.

Good luck with the next!

G.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #87835 Previous topic | Next topic