Subject: "DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the Anv..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #87429
Show all folders

Orilin (Guest)Thu 29-Oct-09 09:11 PM

#87429, "DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the Anvil"

This was my third attempt at a battle bard in a relatively short period of time...I had Lohik, some guy in between, and now Orilin. I really enjoyed my time with Lohik, but I kept feeling like I had something more to develop as a bard and always have liked Battle...so Orilin was born. Thror is a great imm, I didn't see a lot of him, but he definitely put some effort in and I seemed to screw it up each time - Anyway, Battle seems to be doing better now and with so many up and coming, this was a good time to bow out.

Thanks to everyone, I just don't have it in me to list all the names.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Bah..this sucks!, Growwlis (Guest), 31-Oct-09 12:58 AM, #13
Reply A heroic bard., Thief guy (Guest), 30-Oct-09 05:50 PM, #10
Reply RE: A heroic bard., Orilin (Guest), 30-Oct-09 06:06 PM, #11
Reply RE: DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the..., Ustul (Guest), 30-Oct-09 01:41 PM, #9
Reply RE: DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the..., Orilin (Guest), 30-Oct-09 06:07 PM, #12
Reply Good enemy. Sad to see you go., Sahel (Guest), 30-Oct-09 09:59 AM, #4
Reply RE: Good enemy. Sad to see you go., Orilin (Guest), 30-Oct-09 12:05 PM, #5
Reply RE: DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the..., Malakhi (Guest), 29-Oct-09 10:36 PM, #3
Reply RE: DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the..., Orilin (Guest), 30-Oct-09 12:06 PM, #6
Reply RE: DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the..., Rhyaldrin (Guest), 29-Oct-09 09:43 PM, #2
Reply RE: DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the..., Orilin (Guest), 30-Oct-09 12:08 PM, #7
Reply RE: DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the..., Braern (Guest), 29-Oct-09 09:39 PM, #1
     Reply RE: DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the..., Orilin (Guest), 30-Oct-09 12:10 PM, #8

Growwlis (Guest)Sat 31-Oct-09 12:58 AM

#87482, "Bah..this sucks!"
In response to Reply #0

Two friends in one day! I like your char and I thought you did a great job with the RP! Anyway, you were close to con-death weren't you? Was surprised to see you deleted instead. anyway, great job with the char and come back strong!

Thief guy (Guest)Fri 30-Oct-09 05:50 PM

#87463, "A heroic bard."
In response to Reply #0

You saved my guy's life a couple times. And I'll always remember the time you rescued him out of Ysigrath, where he was stuck, throwing up all over the place. It was simply heroic. I really mean that. Inspirational too.

Hope I was able to return the favor here and there.

Orilin (Guest)Fri 30-Oct-09 06:06 PM

#87464, "RE: A heroic bard."
In response to Reply #10

That was some nasty poison. Glad I was around to help. You know, the reason I think coming back to battle bards is because they can really make a difference - I'm just not good enough to hold my own for a long time, and unfortunately for a good portion of my life the cabal was quite empty. When I played as Lohik, I did much more good because I played a supporting role to a lot of great players.

Anyway, I know exactly who this is and well played!

Ustul (Guest)Fri 30-Oct-09 01:41 PM

#87453, "RE: DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Definitely enjoyed having a bard around, was looking forward to being able to do more with you though. Your songs saved me a time or two. Good luck with your next!

Orilin (Guest)Fri 30-Oct-09 06:07 PM

#87465, "RE: DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the..."
In response to Reply #9

Really enjoyed Ustul, you were always there to inform on the enemies movements - that was more helpful than you will probably ever know.

Sahel (Guest)Fri 30-Oct-09 09:59 AM

#87445, "Good enemy. Sad to see you go."
In response to Reply #0

I think we had some really good skirmishes/fights. Reiterating what Rhyaldrin said, fighting you was not one of my favorite things to do. I even took some edges just to help against those songs!

You were a class act, but I was a little bummed with one of our last encounters and thought it seemed a little off. However, such is the life of cabal wars and I still had a great time.

Glwyn.

Orilin (Guest)Fri 30-Oct-09 12:05 PM

#87449, "RE: Good enemy. Sad to see you go."
In response to Reply #4

Yeah, the ganging of you outside the village could be described as questionable at bestI think it was justified in my mind at the time because you struck the giant, but it definitely didn't go along with how I tried to play previous to that encounter, so I am sorry.

Sahel was tough - at best I could get you to flee and usually not because I was winning...more often a result of dirge.

keep trucking, you were fun!

Malakhi (Guest)Thu 29-Oct-09 10:36 PM

#87437, "RE: DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm really sorry I did not get to see your character more. I am trying hard to log in a lot more, but obviously I can't be everywhere and my times don't seem to overlap at all with yours and a couple other people I would like to play more with. When I didn't hear from you for a week following my in game note, I had a feeling you were frustrated from fighting the good fight alone for too long.

It was pretty obvious that you were Lohik. Did this cure you of your rager bard obsession?

Anyway, good luck with your next. Hopefully I'll actually be able to see that character around.

Orilin (Guest)Fri 30-Oct-09 12:06 PM

#87450, "RE: DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the..."
In response to Reply #3

I liked Malakhi a lot, glad to see you bringing people into the village, hopefully that continues. I am sure I will be back at some time, but I think it's time to get away from Battle for a bit - just for my own sanity

Rhyaldrin (Guest)Thu 29-Oct-09 09:43 PM

#87432, "RE: DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the..."
In response to Reply #0

You were by far my least favourite rager to fight, tough and a class act. Good luck with the next.

Orilin (Guest)Fri 30-Oct-09 12:08 PM

#87451, "RE: DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the..."
In response to Reply #2

Things either went very well or very badly against you. One thing I learned early on, get a weapon that couldn't be disarmed, because if you disarmed me and started your bashing, I was in trouble.

Thanks for all the fights, they were a blast

Braern (Guest)Thu 29-Oct-09 09:39 PM

#87431, "RE: DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the..."
In response to Reply #0

You always brought alot of flare and entertainment to Battle. Not to
mention a bard is like a cherry on top when playing. You did alot
for village, With all three of your bards.

Thanks for everything, hope you come back with something
interesting

Orilin (Guest)Fri 30-Oct-09 12:10 PM

#87452, "RE: DELETED [BATTLE] Orilin Fireborn, Apprentice of the..."
In response to Reply #1

Braern has the capacity to be very tough. I wish I wasn't so drained on the char...we could have been deadly

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #87429 Previous topic | Next topic