Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Kelyurn the Grand Sorcerer of Tra..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #87058
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 20-Oct-09 12:12 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#87058, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Kelyurn the Grand Sorcerer of Transformation"

Tue Oct 20 12:08:52 2009

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Kelyurn perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:49
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:100

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Kelyurn (Guest)Tue 20-Oct-09 03:58 PM

#87078, "First char in 5+ years of break"
In response to Reply #0

Well Kelyurn was an experiment. Thought Id go for something simple, but ended up making it somewhat more difficult.

Dire wolf/porc are good forms with wands. However not finding any of the sleek ones, made it taxing. Even when your asking in game and trying to find them at those locations its still hard. And it was not for a lack of trying or asking. (and yes, even had the detect artifact spells)

First off, I did not want this char to have "the knowledge of cabals". And I tried to roleplay the learner in this. Would have been very easy to "copy/paste" what my old chars knew of outlander. Kaskin got very frustrated with me at times, which I loved, and allowed some great roleplay in my mind.

This char talks a whole lot, why, well because most of the time its in form and cant communicate with anyone. Go figure!.

Anyhow special thanks to Kaskin, great job.
Lornis, when you returned the gear that was just an insane thing to do. I used to play back in the day even as far back as shadow, knights, masters, entropy justice and so on. And had chars in all of those except shadow . So it was not about not finding the scion cabal, but actually being asked to come back to outlander when I was right outside it. I just let it go at that. So again thanks.

In general outlander is an amazing cabal. Really cool people you have such a great starting point when your in there.

Roll the bones killed most of my edge points which is new to me, so that was depressing. But mostly it was not finding my wands. To make it somewhat more "newbie" friendly one should have the guildmaster give you some hints about it. Like the discuss, you pay say 30 gold for a hint of an aura wand, 60 for a shield wand, and 100 for a barrier wand. It does not have to be really direct, but some hint to where they are at. I read about people searching 300 locations. Heck I dont even know half of that. even one third of that. And for a shapeshifter, usually underwater is out of the question. Unless your water or get crock/aligator.

But still an amazing game. Love whats being done for it. And how it evolves. And this from someone that studies behavior for a living.

Cheers

Kaskin (Guest)Tue 20-Oct-09 05:39 PM

#87079, "Hey you did a really really good job."
In response to Reply #1

Come back and play another Outlander with me!

I had a feeling you were new but you seemed to know just enough not to be a noob. I love that RP> I do the same thing with my characters. I took the Speak with Animal edge just to be able to chat with all the shifters I ranked with, especially you and Tangni.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #87058 Previous topic | Next topic