Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Lornis the Shape of Death's Threshold..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #86987
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 19-Oct-09 01:11 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86987, "(DELETED) [SCION] Lornis the Shape of Death's Threshold, Chancellor of Eternal Night"

Mon Oct 19 08:33:31 2009

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Lornis perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:341

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Lornis the Shape of Death's Thres..., HammerSong, 23-Oct-09 08:03 PM, #62
Reply Thanks for the encouragement. Glad you are back. nt, Lornis (Guest), 27-Oct-09 10:22 PM, #63
Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Lornis the Shape of Death's Thres..., Orilin (Guest), 21-Oct-09 08:39 PM, #59
Reply You deserve more than it seems you have gotten., Lornis (Guest), 22-Oct-09 08:55 PM, #61
Reply Whew, that makes my life easier, Vezavius (Guest), 21-Oct-09 09:18 AM, #57
Reply :) I like that last part., Lornis (Guest), 21-Oct-09 11:34 AM, #58
Reply Red Headed Stepchild Conjurer, Tinsalaop (Guest), 20-Oct-09 01:48 PM, #54
Reply Not going anywhere, Lornis (Guest), 20-Oct-09 01:53 PM, #56
Reply Awww man! Total GIP!, Jhunok (Guest), 20-Oct-09 01:44 PM, #52
Reply Kyaltaru pretty much killed any love for nexans., Lornis (Guest), 20-Oct-09 01:52 PM, #55
Reply Nice work Minyar, Abernyte, 20-Oct-09 05:57 AM, #47
Reply Don't give up!, Lornis (Guest), 20-Oct-09 07:46 AM, #50
Reply I enjoyed our interactions., Rhyaldrin (Guest), 20-Oct-09 03:18 AM, #46
Reply College Football, Lornis (Guest), 20-Oct-09 07:44 AM, #49
Reply Gotta say your "crazy bad ass" in town, Sleepy2 (Guest), 19-Oct-09 05:58 PM, #33
Reply Heh...man did you upset Lornis., Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 08:00 PM, #39
     Reply Heh..., Sleepy2 (Guest), 19-Oct-09 08:21 PM, #40
Reply Good bye., Ssirenia (Guest), 19-Oct-09 10:18 AM, #7
Reply Thanks...competent bards are hard to finish., Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 01:07 PM, #21
Reply Fun Ride...with a lot of DESIRES met., Minyar, 19-Oct-09 09:27 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Fun Ride...with a lot of DESIRES met., Kearina (Guest), 19-Oct-09 09:39 AM, #2
     Reply Ah...the hummingbird, Minyar, 19-Oct-09 09:43 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Fun Ride...with a lot of DESIRES met., Sulye (Guest), 19-Oct-09 09:57 AM, #4
     Reply I tried something different with Dierj, Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 12:59 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Fun Ride...with a lot of DESIRES met., Tangni (Guest), 19-Oct-09 10:03 AM, #5
     Reply Well...we can agree on a few things., Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 12:56 PM, #16
          Reply RE: Well...we can agree on a few things., Tangni (Guest), 19-Oct-09 02:53 PM, #28
          Reply Yep...I've never doubted the valid reason thing. nt, Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 03:38 PM, #30
          Reply RE: Well...we can agree on a few things., Tangni (Guest), 19-Oct-09 02:56 PM, #29
     Reply RE: Fun Ride...with a lot of DESIRES met., Grudan, 19-Oct-09 10:05 AM, #6
     Reply I think I ended up getting nearly everything back..., Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 12:53 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Fun Ride...with a lot of DESIRES met., Derogker (Guest), 19-Oct-09 10:26 AM, #8
     Reply Thanks...., Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 12:49 PM, #14
     Reply Take care chancellor., Kalisda (Guest), 19-Oct-09 10:30 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Take care chancellor., Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 12:42 PM, #12
     Reply Good character man., Baldrien (Guest), 19-Oct-09 11:13 AM, #10
     Reply I admit I was hella shocked., Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 12:38 PM, #23
     Reply Great char, Dupmasione (Guest), 19-Oct-09 12:42 PM, #11
     Reply Number 1 enemy, Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 01:10 PM, #22
     Reply RE: Ice Drake, Zulghinlour, 19-Oct-09 12:47 PM, #13
     Reply I think he means he couldn't fly into the cabal, Guy (Guest), 19-Oct-09 12:57 PM, #17
     Reply Nope..., Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 01:04 PM, #20
     Reply Let me clear it up., Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 01:03 PM, #19
          Reply Zulgh...you show up, ask a question, and then say nothi..., Lornis (Guest), 28-Oct-09 04:29 PM, #64
     Reply That pit gets hungry...., Mergulla, 19-Oct-09 01:20 PM, #24
     Reply Oh and, Mergulla, 19-Oct-09 01:20 PM, #25
          Reply The Tattoo, Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 01:30 PM, #26
               Reply RE: The Tattoo, Mergulla, 19-Oct-09 08:22 PM, #41
                    Reply haha...nice song. nt, Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 09:26 PM, #42
     Reply My rage deletes had nothing to do with you as a player., KaskinTheollas (Guest), 19-Oct-09 02:45 PM, #27
     Reply Thanks...hard to not take "I got gayed again" personall..., Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 03:39 PM, #31
     Reply Thank you for the lession in humility, Valkyneth (Guest), 19-Oct-09 04:09 PM, #32
     Reply Heh...I can't even remember what happened., Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 07:45 PM, #36
     Reply RE: Fun Ride...with a lot of DESIRES met., Daevryn, 19-Oct-09 06:01 PM, #34
     Reply Oh yeah...pbf...I'll pick that up now. nt, Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 07:45 PM, #37
     Reply Strong Enemy.., Pasiphae (Guest), 19-Oct-09 06:47 PM, #35
     Reply Some matchups are just easier than others., Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 07:51 PM, #38
     Reply Think I only got you once..., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 19-Oct-09 11:13 PM, #43
     Reply Yeah...I don't think I ever got you., Lornis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 11:51 PM, #44
     Reply Wow! I was the only rager to get you!, Bartis (Guest), 19-Oct-09 11:59 PM, #45
     Reply Well...that makes me feel good., Lornis (Guest), 20-Oct-09 07:41 AM, #48
     Reply Well done, Lorn (Guest), 20-Oct-09 12:30 PM, #51
     Reply It still makes me chuckle, Lornis (Guest), 20-Oct-09 01:48 PM, #53
     Reply The SLEEKS!, Minyar1 (Guest), 22-Oct-09 08:54 PM, #60

HammerSongFri 23-Oct-09 08:03 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#87213, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Lornis the Shape of Death's Thres..."
In response to Reply #0

I only watched briefly at times but you absolutely knew your !@#! when it came to a transmuter. A very fear-inspiring character. Very well done.

Lornis (Guest)Tue 27-Oct-09 10:22 PM

#87294, "Thanks for the encouragement. Glad you are back. nt"
In response to Reply #62

nt

Orilin (Guest)Wed 21-Oct-09 08:39 PM

#87135, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Lornis the Shape of Death's Thres..."
In response to Reply #0

Great character, you had a way of swooping in at the most terrible moment for me.

Thanks for some fun times!

Lornis (Guest)Thu 22-Oct-09 08:55 PM

#87156, "You deserve more than it seems you have gotten."
In response to Reply #59

Being the lone villager so much of the time against horrible odds. Kudos man, Kudos. I hope you have some cool comments in your PBF about how you have been sticking it out. You would deserve it.

Good luck!

Vezavius (Guest)Wed 21-Oct-09 09:18 AM

#87118, "Whew, that makes my life easier"
In response to Reply #0

After that time you flew to me in Arial city and almost killed me, I have felt like a corpse. Everytime I saw you I would dig a hole and hide in it. I got to meet some nice worms though.

Lornis (Guest)Wed 21-Oct-09 11:34 AM

#87122, ":) I like that last part."
In response to Reply #57

I really had no idea who you were, I just knew you weren't one of mine.

Tinsalaop (Guest)Tue 20-Oct-09 01:48 PM

#87065, "Red Headed Stepchild Conjurer"
In response to Reply #0

Dark elf conjurers, what the hell! I am glad you gave me a chance. It has and will continue to be fun. You were a force to be reckoned with and I enjoyed your Creep'ishness and deadliness.

I hope the rest of us Scions can live up to your big shoes. I think we are down to what, 7 of us? Maybe 8 now. But don't worry, every 1 Scion = 10 Fortlander .

Hope you come back in any kind of incarnation. GLWN!

Lornis (Guest)Tue 20-Oct-09 01:53 PM

#87068, "Not going anywhere"
In response to Reply #54

Just needed a change of pace and didn't want to take up a slot in Scion when its hard enough to get into. I felt like I was leaving Scion in a good place at least in my playing time.

Lornis liked Tinsalaop and I see good things in your future if you stick it out.

Jhunok (Guest)Tue 20-Oct-09 01:44 PM

#87062, "Awww man! Total GIP!"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I have to say that from what limited interaction that I had with you...IE you pwning me hardcore and me running like a scared school girl, I totally wanted to get to know this character more as well as get a chance at a rematch since I have gained a couple levels!

Oh well. Have to say, awesome job, and you always had me typing where like a fiend whenever I saw that you were online.

GLWYN

Lornis (Guest)Tue 20-Oct-09 01:52 PM

#87067, "Kyaltaru pretty much killed any love for nexans."
In response to Reply #52

That is nothing against Kyaltaru, as he was doing his job, but it sure did sour Lornis on any love for nexans. Now...he would use some of them to do what he wanted if necessary or outgunned. It all depended on the odds sometimes.

Good luck with your future!

AbernyteTue 20-Oct-09 05:57 AM
975 posts
#87051, "Nice work Minyar"
In response to Reply #0

You were a very good chancellor in my book and you made me wish I had just gone defense/offense in stead of defense/utility. Crocagator was an awesome combo to have and the gator just made the cavefisher look like a tier 2 for damage output. Glad you got your quest form finally after a few shifters. Least one of us made it.

-----Abernyte

GLWYN

Lornis (Guest)Tue 20-Oct-09 07:46 AM

#87054, "Don't give up!"
In response to Reply #47

You can do it too! I was pretty shocked to get it at the hours I did, but man it was fun. I think Merg was kinda shocked at how quickly I finished gathering the items too. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I got to help Zulgh work some bugs out of mine at least. Who knows...maybe there was another as far as the warm places thing?

Anyway, I liked your char and my jaw hit the floor when Merg told me you killed Gzurweeg alone. That log was cool. I think Kasty showed that, despite what Gzurweeg says, you can lose a weapon and come back and be just as successful.

Rhyaldrin (Guest)Tue 20-Oct-09 03:18 AM

#87050, "I enjoyed our interactions."
In response to Reply #0

Even when they involved you beating the #### out of me. You were a fun ally at times. A royal pain in the ass at others. I'll miss seeing your croc-gator-drakething around. Take care and enjoy the season (my team is already 1-6. meh)

Lornis (Guest)Tue 20-Oct-09 07:44 AM

#87053, "College Football"
In response to Reply #46

I know Zulgh likes the NFL a lot, and I'm sure a lot of other folks do too, but nothing beats College Football for me. Part of that could be the fact that my Lions haven't been good since Barry Sanders, and they were only descent at that time because of him. Oh well...

We started off pretty horribly with our nice little 1 and 3 romp losing close games to ND, Central and Wisconsin. Bah! However, we came back and beat U of M which was huge and then obviously our next two putting us back in a good spot. This week is a huge game with Iowa...

Anyway - You were a pain in the butt as well at times, and certainly knew what you were doing and how to stay alive. One of those folks I don't think I ever got a kill on.

Great job! Keep truckin nexus man.

Sleepy2 (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 05:58 PM

#87032, "Gotta say your "crazy bad ass" in town"
In response to Reply #0

was my most exciting times I had ever while on or off watch. I had a lot of fights with criminals and such in town, but you were really the only person who fought me one on one (or one on two when a jaguar decided to help me ), unlike the outlander gang back in the day.

Too bad your scionlings had to go full loot me like two hours after I helped get your things back, but either way, great job!

Oethipius

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 08:00 PM

#87038, "Heh...man did you upset Lornis."
In response to Reply #33

You got him good that one time, that is for sure. WHen you gave the troll amulet to Dupmasione though, it really kinda made him have a special hatred for you. I tried to not multi kill people in the game unless they just kept coming, but you were good at running. I got you like once? Bah! Then I grabbed a stupid troll hide! bah!

Sleepy2 (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 08:21 PM

#87040, "Heh..."
In response to Reply #39

Well after you started coming for me after getting me once, the last thing I was going to do was give you a chance to get it back. Making those portals in the hidden room and the fact that my guards couldnt go in there w/o a key...damn the druk'tar all over Galadon is beyond annoying!

Ssirenia (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 10:18 AM

#86996, "Good bye."
In response to Reply #0

It kinda sucks for the game, less people to fight in general these days with exception of characters you need large groups of competent people to take down. That said you lornis was one of those characters that someone like me would need a group to take down anyways.

Damn your drake.

Your croc/alligator i think i would have been able to fight (probably not win) but flyto/murder with high hp, not a chance. You really werent going to kill me with it, but i didn't have much of a chance to do much other then teleport when i was suprised. You also knew your stuff too, i remember fighting you and kaldisa and calling beast on her and you quicking turning into a tortoise and rescuing. I don't often see those moves from too many shifters. Also having fought you with a previous character, i never thought of you as anything but a class act.

Anyways good luck in your life and with whatever you decide to try next.

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 01:07 PM

#87014, "Thanks...competent bards are hard to finish."
In response to Reply #7

I'm not sure if I didn't get you once, but I think it was with a group. I loved being able to take the fight to groups of people and sometimes come out with a kill or two and sometimes go running as fast as I could. That is heaven for a player like me who loves the fight in a game, and especially the big brawls. If a fully prepared I could last a long time in general and that was cool.

You were a hard fight because you knew your stuff and you didn't stick around to let me do too much if you were outgunned. Probably the best thing as even teleporting away won't necessarily save you from a air form, though I have a feeling you had plenty of ways to get away if you needed to.

MinyarMon 19-Oct-09 09:27 AM
504 posts
#86988, "Fun Ride...with a lot of DESIRES met."
In response to Reply #0

Wow...that was a very fun ride for the most part. I'm the kind of player that really wants to just take it out there and fight fight fight. I had lots of great fights. Yep...having 1800 hps on average helps to be able to stick out some of those horrible pk situations, but man even getting beat was fun for the msot part. For a long time this character was just the usual character with a guy playing behind it that got way too upset at dying and losing gear. It did suck to get shafted by folks when you were coming at major groups alone or with little backup, but that didn't excuse some of that behavior. I'm very thankful to Merg for calling me out on that and giving me a chance.

There were so many people that were part of Lornis' life that I'm going to forget a lot of them, but I want to touch on some. I will do my best to respond to folks I forget or people who just want to flame me for being "too nice." I'm not sure how many fortress folks would think i was "too nice." You can blame Merg for that one.

I was able to do three things I had wanted to do for a long time. I was able to lead Scions for awhile and I was given a sweet quest form, the tattoo (though not from the Imm I initially went for) was awesome as well. Granted the Ice Drake isn't a powerhouse, but holy crap the versatility of it was awesome. I had so much fun flying around and being able to be just another flyto/murder shifter. (I hope you catch the sarcasm.) The only comment I would make about the Ice Drake is that it kinda stunk to not be able to walk to the chasm. That was the only real downside from where I was standing. No complaint, just a comment...thank you so much Merg.

On to the goodbyes:

Mergulla - Well, you have to be first. My experience with you as Dierj was less than fun, and I tried to rethink Lornis quite a bit. You gave me the chance to salvage my RP when a certain other imm decided to stop being around. I am so thankful for that. I am also thankful for the smack upside the head you gave me in relation to gear and how I treated others. Some of the pepole who don't like how nice I was can blame you for that! We had some awesome fun RP sessions and it was hilarious sometimes to be talking to you and just be like, ah, screw it, let them do the work, I'm busy with my lady. I made a promise to you when you made me Chancellor and I think I screwed up on that only once, and I immediately felt crappy about it. You are a fun Imm to interact with and maybe we can again with some other char someday. I can't tell you how many everfull skins and pouches of nourishment that tattoo ate!

No other imms really interacted with me at all.

Scions:

Frismund - You had the chance to ruin my chances to be Chancellor for long and I'm glad I was able to turn your opinion around. I think we made a good team that wasn't always around together. I also was glad to just fight alongside you and I like that you aren't so conservative that you don't get mixed up in things. What was funny was I think you used to be less aggressive than me and then things have kinda changed with you. THere were times you wanted to go raid when I was like...really? Sweet! Anyway, Keep trucking Advisor.

Kalisda - I have a feeling I'm going to like knowing who was behind this character. I am so thankful for you and your RP that you brought to us. Merg would have gutted me if I had paid more attention to you, but you made some of the lean times more fun for me. Thank you. I hope I was able to make your RP more enjoyable and I'm sorry I up and deleted on you.

Ezranil - Man...I was bummed when you stop showing up. We had a lot of good times together and you were knowledgeable.

Tinsalaop - Well, I think you got something cool going and I hope you continue ot be successful. Evil Conjurer is one of those super hard things to pull off and I think you are doing great at it.

Derogker - I didn't really get to know you too much, but the only thing I would say is don't be a griefer. That was kind of the word through the grapevine. Playing evil characters is tough because finding the line between being a jerk to everyone and respected is very difficult. Congrats on the success you have had and on what you will have in the future.

Sluvira - Show up and kick some butt, we need another good warrior.

Uilian - Glad you are about, good luck and be careful with those wrathing paladins!

The other scions, applicants and deleted members - I hope I made your interviews somewhat fun and at times creepy. Lornis was all about blood and so he worked that into everyones interview. The only one I didn't was the last one, because I was bored and let two of you fight for it! There are some other good applicants out there and I hope you stick it out. Lornis was never very keen on apps who logged in and out quickly or didn't show up to help out. Being an applicant means more than just your name pledged, it means seeking to aide. I wanted Scion to be somewhat hard to get into, but at the same time I didn't want it to be how it has been. I think everyone should be given a chance to try their luck and see just how hard it is. Scion powers are sweet, but the lack of backup much of your life isn't. It is also a very easy place to raid in most circumstances and so you will be without powers logging in a lot. I think the Arch-Mage needs a tweaking personally. That or the watcher should be toned down some.

Fortress -
Dupmasione - You have to go first you bastard! Man we did have some great times and some great fights. In most cases prepared we were about a draw. when you had strange bracers that tended to tip the scales your way a bit. Sorry about destroying defiance, but I'm thinkin you got pretty adept at getting it back.

Lornkanamas - All I'm going to say was that time you got killed by your own people thinkin it was me was priceless! Priceless I tell you! Such a highlight of my chars life. You were a pain in the butt to raid against or get the scepter back against.

Most of the rest of you have deleted recently and so I'll stop here and let you guys say stuff if you want to. The bulk of my life was spent fighting you guys or Outlanders, or Fortlanders. No matter what people say, you guys definitely help each other a lot, but I'm not saying I'm surprised by it. Just don't deny it. I can't tell you how many times i fought a sanced Tangni in mid-air that would run and get healing and sanc again.

Outlander -
Quird - O man did you have my number a lot of the time. Very very successful druid that was deathful as all get out. Good job with the fights.

Sulye - Not as horrible a matchup for me as Quird, but definitely tough. That last time I got you was pretty crappy for you, but I think we left nearly everything. That time you got me coming out of the consortium was rather sweet on your part. I don't think I ever walked out of there not in form again after that.

Tangni - You sure would run quick in our fights, but I never would blame you for that. We had a lot of skirmishes and you certainly kept me on my toes a few times.

Battle -
Not many of you guys left anymore either.

I wish you would show up more Malakhi as we had some great fights, but you sure have tapered off from where you used to be. I guess life does that sometimes. I can relate as my son is now approaching five months old and doesn't just sit there while I play anymore! Darn it!

Orilin - keep trucking man, I hope you get rewarded for your perseverence.

Tribunal -
Artenno - Only trib that Lornis ever cared to like. You were an excellent character but tapered off as well. We had such a fun time together that I really did miss it when I went all "crazy bad man" in town. I was always chaotic though and that was going to happen at some point.

Not much else to comment on here as most of you are gone or young.

I just wanted to again say thank you to the Imms and the playerbase for helping make this character awesome. I hope I made some of yours better as well. Good luck!

My little boy is nearly five months now and loads of fun, but at the same time has made playing times more scarce. I wanted to do something else hence the delete because I felt bad doing that with Lornis about. Also...Michigan State football is in full swing and I'm a ticket holder, so my saturday's have been quite busy for the past many weeks. I love me some college football.

Go Green,

Aaron

Kearina (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 09:39 AM

#86989, "RE: Fun Ride...with a lot of DESIRES met."
In response to Reply #1

Noo!

So deadly enemie, you was the one which I was completely afraid of!

Incredible char, I hope I earn some respect from you too

Good luck with your next!

MinyarMon 19-Oct-09 09:43 AM
504 posts
#86990, "Ah...the hummingbird"
In response to Reply #2

Hey,

Definitely a shout out of respect to you for how hard you would go at it. You would come and defend and try and that is saying a lot. We didn't fight much in the air, but you certainly tried very hard when we fought on raids and such. Good job and I hope you are enjoying it.

Aaron

Sulye (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 09:57 AM

#86993, "RE: Fun Ride...with a lot of DESIRES met."
In response to Reply #1

>Sulye - Not as horrible a matchup for me as Quird, but
>definitely tough. That last time I got you was pretty crappy
>for you, but I think we left nearly everything. That time you
>got me coming out of the consortium was rather sweet on your
>part. I don't think I ever walked out of there not in form
>again after that.

I assume Derogker told you why that happened? No idea why I had trustall on. Woe is Sulye.

I had a plan to get you coming out of Velkyn Oloth, but I could never muster enough patience to wait for you there.

I liked Lornis. Which is funny, because I thought Dierj was kind of a douche. Heh.

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 12:59 PM

#87010, "I tried something different with Dierj"
In response to Reply #4

I tried to do that whole superior to everynoe not backing down to anyone thing and in some ways it paid off, but in others it certainly harmed the perception of Dierj. I will say there were times where I was missing my tiger, but at others the alligator is just a beast. Anyway...we had some great fights and I appreciate that Sulye would not just sit in the caves and wait for me to come to him. Others had done that and it was pointless.

Tangni (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 10:03 AM

#86994, "RE: Fun Ride...with a lot of DESIRES met."
In response to Reply #1

I had a lot of fun fighting you, I still believe falcon vs ice drake with both fully prepped falcon is superior, the difference maker seemed to be despoil, in the end I stopped prepping to fight you because I considered it a waste of preps, hence the not fighting for very long. I figured both of us could just flee real easy anyways so neither was gonna get a kill anyways, though when I did prep we'd have some really good fights. I had a lot of fun having you as my arch enemy, you were kind of the exact opposite of me which made it a lot of fun. Good job on a well played char. Ice drake vs Falcon unprepped Ice drake would pwn all day, if we prepped it was pretty even with maybe a slight advantage to me depending which enliven I had up. Without despoil you would usually flee, with it I would. Good luck with whatever you play next, and btw I bleed Crimson and Grey. Go Buckeyes!

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 12:56 PM

#87008, "Well...we can agree on a few things."
In response to Reply #5

1. U of M sucks.

2. I also thought falcon outmatched me in the sky in most cases. I could usually get away though, as could you. There was one time where I thought you guys were going to get me, and maybe you weren't one of the ones...but I had two or three air shifters assaulting me in the sky. That was a very close fight and I think I fled, d, teleported with 100 hps left probably from 1700 or so.

I didn't not like Tangni, but you definitely make Fortlander a reality.

Tangni (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 02:53 PM

#87027, "RE: Well...we can agree on a few things."
In response to Reply #16

Yes on the somewhat fortlander. I will only group/travel with certain people from the fortress, Paladins, dwarves and conjurors obviously excluded, I dont really work with Marans much, more the acolytes. Marans are too military for the tastes of Tangni for the most part. I can see the fortlander complaints, as a player though I kinda see the point, but RP wise, when I do, there's always a valid reason why.

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 03:38 PM

#87029, "Yep...I've never doubted the valid reason thing. nt"
In response to Reply #28

nt

Tangni (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 02:56 PM

#87028, "RE: Well...we can agree on a few things."
In response to Reply #16

knowing the differences in our hp definatly puts the falcon at advantage.

You with 1700ish me with 1100-1200 most of the time.

If we were both prepped it seemed we'd break even when we were both around 45-50% hp wise. Nightwalker seemed to be a nonfactor as it couldnt seem to hit falcon if it's life depended on it, though it did save your life the couple times I had you in the 1-5% and 5-10% range you would flee and land, and I would try to dive on you only to still be engaged with the nightwalker.

GrudanMon 19-Oct-09 10:05 AM
Member since 21st Sep 2007
57 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#86995, "RE: Fun Ride...with a lot of DESIRES met."
In response to Reply #1

I had a tremendous amount of respect for you and your relentless attempts to revtrieve, raid, or assault the Fortress and its members. I liked that you seemed to have the Orcs wrapped around your finger for a time and it really seemed like you were a great manipulator and charismatic baddie. Well done!

Since you asked, yeah, I thought you were too nice. But then, I don't think that's your fault. I think the whole game has become too nice. This whole corpseguard / only take two items / boo hoo someone took my shinies thing has gone way too far overall, but that's the game we play today as there's more precious gear out there and more of our members have families and/or are used to WoW easy mode and don't want to spend the time regathering it.

But I'm old school. I still have to fight the urge to just not bother to go back to my corpse because I just assume every death means a full loot.

Case in point: Arrna and I were raiding the Chasm, you were defending. You manage to kill me, a moment later Arrna kills you. I run back from Voralian, you run back from Hamsah. I get there, and half my stuff is gone including things you had no use for, like my instrument.

My reaction? Basically "YES! Finally, someone evil is capable of doing something actually evil without being an obnoxious prick who ends up OOC half the time. We came into your home, killed you, threaten your coven and you looted my ass for it to punish me! Awesome! I have a real villian to fight now! Not a paladin pretending to be evil."

Then you said to us "If you want Balten's things back, get out of the chasm now and don't come back." And I thought that was the most awesome thing evil ever, honestly. Not only did you loot me, but you're also using everyone's current obsession with shinies to blackmail me into getting back into a position of power. At that moment you were the greatest evil person in the history of this game to me. If you had offered me the evil Kool Aid right then I might have been tempted.

Unfortunately I never cared about gear, plus Balten wasn't going to leave without Arrna because I had to protect him in Balten's warped goodie mind, and Arrna wasn't leaving. So I said some typical hero rubbish of "I don't care about those things, I'll stay and do what I came to do."

At that moment I was practically begging you to take this a step farther and start dropping my things one at a time (starting with my instrument) and saccing them until you were done or I gave in. That would have been great and probably would have challenged me.

Instead you shrugged, dropped all the things you took from me for me to pick up, and left..... It was pretty disappointing in the end, really.

Like you say, it's hard to play evil walking the line between tea-bagging douchbag and some half-ass incomptent Gargamel type who laughs manically a lot but never actually does evil. I keep thinking there must be a holy grail in the middle where someone can be truly feared and respected as evil but I'm not sure there is.

Good luck with whatever is next!

-Balten

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 12:53 PM

#87007, "I think I ended up getting nearly everything back..."
In response to Reply #6

so I was content to let you have your things back and I knew I would be knocking at your door soon enough. The only things that ever gave me pause with the fighting was if I had no way out. I would still come and usually attempt something, but man fighting Fror and some random paladin made life tough. Usually I had to turtle up and try and live out the entwine. It was a lot of fun though. I don't think most of the pbase would have reacted well had I started saccing your gear for not leaving. I am old school too, but I never liked the full loot thing. I think it makes the game less fun.

Derogker (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 10:26 AM

#86998, "RE: Fun Ride...with a lot of DESIRES met."
In response to Reply #1

I really liked Lornis a lot you had very impressive RP and your abilities showed why you where given what you had. Our first interactions where a blast and I enjoyed them vastly.

As to the "grapevine": Earlier in Derog's life there was not a very target rich environment (caused by the slow down in the player base)and I killed a lot of people multiple times and thus the situation has changed drastically at hero for the better. I would like to keep things IC as much as possible so ill be brief but I am defiantly not a griefer (I never full loot and try to return things taken and RP successful wins) and I have tried to present a RP and role situation to encounters as best as possible and I feel like I have been rewarded for doing so. There are politics and drama that go along with this game just like any other and it "is" tough to present a decent evil role without being an asshole. I also feel like I have been treated with the same respect from alot of enemies that include the better players from outlander and the fortress and even empire.

You will be missed, glwyn.

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 12:49 PM

#87006, "Thanks...."
In response to Reply #8

I appreciate you in the chasm and your quick thinking. The aristaeia kill on Sulye was awesome. You certinaly have a lot of potential and I look forward to seeing it probably from an enemy standpoint.

Kalisda (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 10:30 AM

#86999, "Take care chancellor."
In response to Reply #1

I'll keep that info for until Kalisda is gone, as most of the stuff I can't really say here about her until she is. I'll just say she's an odd woman and things I imagine things are going to be different without you leading the chasm.

Generally, I thought your rp was great and a lot of what you did was entirely unexpected in a good way, at least for me. Was a lot of fun always having you around, not to mention you kept Kalisda alive so many times when I should have died. I ran around with Lornis so much and you are probably the only reason I didn't con die long ago, so thanks for that and all the other good times. Knew when you were around I could breath a little easier since not many people could fight you alone with me at your side. Damned Mergulla got in the way, but really, between Imm or mortal, always choose the Imm. Especially that one.

Good luck with your boy running all over the place and hope to see another great character when you get the time

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 12:42 PM

#87004, "RE: Take care chancellor."
In response to Reply #9

Oh yeah...no way would I have chosen Kalisda if given the choice. I know who buttered my bread. Anyway...I didn't mind at all jumping in front of folks or using the gifts I was given to make sure my scions lived. I wasn't kidding when I wrote my note about Lornis belief that the chasm standing together was far stronger than stupid fights and what not. Seriously...I know some people think the chasm needs to be dog eat dog or some crap like that, but in my opinion you grow in power together and when we take over the world...sort it out then. Oh well, not everyone believes that! I look forward to hearing more about you when you go.

Baldrien (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 11:13 AM

#87000, "Good character man."
In response to Reply #1

When I killed we were probably both just as shocked. I had not expected to pull something like that off, but there has been a few shifter who fell into the belief that they could destroy me quickly and thus refrained from prepping. I think, atleast, that is what happened.

Your form combo with Arial, Defensive and Offensive was pretty much impossible for me to fight

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 01:11 PM

#87002, "I admit I was hella shocked."
In response to Reply #10

It was a good solid kill on me. Many of my deaths could certainly be attributed to overconfidence or stupid luck. So could a good number of kills as well honestly. Anyway, It was fun fighting against you.

Dupmasione (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 12:42 PM

#87003, "Great char"
In response to Reply #1

There were a few times I came close to telling you, IC, that you'd go down in my memoirs as my most memorable adversary. That was as close as I could come, I figured, to telling you straight out that you rock and it was tons of fun fighting you.

We really couldn't take each other down short of a gank. Which is too bad in some ways. But I never hold any grudge against those who gang me - that'd be pretty hypocritical of me. And you seemed to expect it too, which was cool.

Anyways, great char, good luck with the kid and with the next char.

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 01:10 PM

#87015, "Number 1 enemy"
In response to Reply #11

You were definitely it. I don't think many others had as many skirmishes with me as you did. I was always looking for a way to take you down...I didn't care if it was going to be underhanded, but I think you could say the same thing. You were very good about knowing where tribbies were and not attacking if there as any chance of a warrant, which kept me on my toes sometimes.

Anyway, great job and congrats on being captain.

Aaron

ZulghinlourMon 19-Oct-09 12:47 PM
9792 posts
#87005, "RE: Ice Drake"
In response to Reply #1

>The only comment I would make about the Ice Drake
>is that it kinda stunk to not be able to walk to the chasm.
>That was the only real downside from where I was standing.

What does this even mean?

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Guy (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 12:57 PM

#87009, "I think he means he couldn't fly into the cabal"
In response to Reply #13

However annoying it might be from time to time, land at nightwalker walk down inside.
It is balanced how it is, which I don't think he disagrees. Just annoying to have to land in the desert and walk into your cabal.

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 01:04 PM

#87013, "Nope..."
In response to Reply #17

I couldn't land in the desert, that was the annoying part.

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 01:03 PM

#87012, "Let me clear it up."
In response to Reply #13

Ice Drake is an icy form...I could not take form outside of the chasm, desert, and I could not do a "d" from the skies above araile. I also could not walk out of the chasm as the drake. I could flyto people there, but if i did a flyto I could not move without another flyto or shifting.

This ended up killing me once as I didn't remember wher I was and tried to shift into the drake form. Ended up dying after I saw the "it is too hot to shift" message that always came up. (Those arent' the exact words, but the idea).

Does that help?

Lornis (Guest)Wed 28-Oct-09 04:29 PM

#87337, "Zulgh...you show up, ask a question, and then say nothi..."
In response to Reply #19

Not even a its by design. It obviously is...but what else were you thinking? THere were some bugs with the form, should I have said something about that part?

Just wondering?

MergullaMon 19-Oct-09 01:20 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2009
51 posts
#87018, "That pit gets hungry...."
In response to Reply #1

I really liked Lornis. I think I have a good idea of what Merg should more or less be but I can never truly flesh out a character until I have someone to really dig into it and evolve with, and I'd been dying to have someone like that come up for Merg. I couldn't have been more surprised that it ended up being Lornis. You made me break a lot of my "rules" but I had fun snapping each and every one of them. I had such a fun plan for the next time we had some time together too...I guess now you'll never know!

I was really impressed at the way you turned things around after our Chancellor talk. Even more surprised that you managed to turn other people's opinions around, which in turn let you keep being Chancellor. I could tell there was a really awesome character in there somewhere, I just thought you needed a little kick in the ass to let it shine...I'm glad you weren't mad, Merg can be mean sometimes.

Hope you liked your title, I thought it was one of the cooler ones I've come up with in a long time.

Good luck on your next, I imagine I'll see you around.

M

MergullaMon 19-Oct-09 01:20 PM
51 posts
#87019, "Oh and"
In response to Reply #24

Give me some thoughts on tattoo. Besides eating all your pouches of nourishment, though of course not *too* many details. Overpowered? Obnoxious? Too hot? Just right??

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 01:30 PM

#87020, "The Tattoo"
In response to Reply #25

Well...

I really liked having a nice little container all the time...that was sweet. It eating things that weren't food was definitely annoying, but you learn to not do it. I killed one person with one thing and I thought it was funny because I ended up hearing that someone in battle said something like...oh that ice drake that poops quicksand. (I hope that isn't saying too much) I about pooped quicksand when I heard how it was said. Anyway, sometimes I wish we could id a tattoo and see what all it does for stats or what not, but I thought in general it was pretty cool.

MergullaMon 19-Oct-09 08:22 PM
51 posts
#87041, "RE: The Tattoo"
In response to Reply #26

Thanks...I also forgot to say, stealing this type of thing mercilessly from Iunna but I also totally associate people with songs so...yours was Like it Rough by Lady GaGa.

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 09:26 PM

#87042, "haha...nice song. nt"
In response to Reply #41

nt

KaskinTheollas (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 02:45 PM

#87025, "My rage deletes had nothing to do with you as a player."
In response to Reply #1

I just want you to know that. You were cool in all respects. glwyn

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 03:39 PM

#87030, "Thanks...hard to not take "I got gayed again" personall..."
In response to Reply #27

nt

Valkyneth (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 04:09 PM

#87031, "Thank you for the lession in humility"
In response to Reply #1

I never post with current characters but I'll make this exception. Let us never speak of what happened.

You were cool.

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 07:45 PM

#87035, "Heh...I can't even remember what happened."
In response to Reply #32

Now I'm all curious and stuff!

DaevrynMon 19-Oct-09 06:01 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#87033, "RE: Fun Ride...with a lot of DESIRES met."
In response to Reply #1

>For a long time this character was
>just the usual character with a guy playing behind it that got
>way too upset at dying and losing gear. It did suck to get
>shafted by folks when you were coming at major groups alone or
>with little backup, but that didn't excuse some of that
>behavior.

I think it'll come across in the PBF that I was really down on early Lornis for the above, but I wanted to go on record as saying you eventually turned my opinion around.

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 07:45 PM

#87036, "Oh yeah...pbf...I'll pick that up now. nt"
In response to Reply #34

nt

Pasiphae (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 06:47 PM

#87034, "Strong Enemy.."
In response to Reply #1

You sure taught me a lot, seeing as this was my first hero range character that actually did anything in terms of pking on this mudd. I remember the first time you switched out of form and dispelled me, I almost cried and worded so fast. Not to mention fighting you with 800 hps was absolutely brutal. When you'd re-raid, I'd word, start zapping myself up with protections and by the time I was ready to fight you'd have killed the watcher and be gone..

You sure taught me a lot though, even though most of our fights I probably looked like a huge wuss, fleeing after one or two rounds, but that was becuase I knew I had absolutely no way of beating you and you always kicked the living crap out of me. Either way, thanks for teaching me through severe beatings.

GLWYN

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 07:51 PM

#87037, "Some matchups are just easier than others."
In response to Reply #35

Yeah...800 hps aren't going to go a long way against an alligator even with full protections. Although, if you were fully prepped using a staff and all of those enhancements that make staff great for trannies you would do better than you think. Anyway, I don't expect most transmuters to stand in front and be ready to go at it. I'll always see them as a support char, not an upfront char although some are successful.

Good job and good luck! Aaron

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 11:13 PM

#87044, "Think I only got you once..."
In response to Reply #1

...and it was part of the Team Nexus Ganksquad night where we pretty much destroyed our entire range (This is Ixralleinda Lion/Dolphin if you are confused).

I gotta say you were the toughest shifter to face next to Tangni (Tangni just because Air + Chamo) and that was before you got Ice Drake.

Really well done. I generally enjoyed each time we interacted. I knew you were evil, which is more than I can say about a lot of Scion/Empire players. My personal favorite interaction was "night of the Great retrieval/Zoo time at the Village". I really had no chance to retrieve until you popped in.

Lornis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 11:51 PM

#87045, "Yeah...I don't think I ever got you."
In response to Reply #43

I know after that gank I wanted both you and Rhyaldrin so bad...but you guys were almost always together. Anyway, it was a lot of fun fighting you guys most of the time. Lornis did what he wanted and took pleasure in the torture of others. Helping you at the village helped him do those things!

Bartis (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 11:59 PM

#87046, "Wow! I was the only rager to get you!"
In response to Reply #1

Twice! Even though you killed me more. Great job with that character. You were tough as nails. Well done!

Lornis (Guest)Tue 20-Oct-09 07:41 AM

#87052, "Well...that makes me feel good."
In response to Reply #45

I wouldn't have thought I had so few deaths to villagers. I know I got close a number of times, but you did school me once and the other time was at the destructor I think and you schooled me together. Anyway...your character was also great and tough too! Thanks for all the fun fights.

Lorn (Guest)Tue 20-Oct-09 12:30 PM

#87059, "Well done"
In response to Reply #1

You were not too nice. Your class as a player allowed you to RP an evil-doer with class. This offers the polarity between Light and Dark a bit more flesh, in my opinion. You showed that you can be evil, really evil, with traits that exist outside of evil that, in the end, make you seem more evil! Wheew, a mouth full.

That time I died to a full-on gank by my own. . .well, in all honesty it was amazing. I was a bit shocked at first. Then I couldn't stop laughing. It brought a smile to my face. Even the fact that you came up to the Chasm entrance, said thanks, took my stuff, and went back down caused me quite a giggle. Ah, you will be missed and I hope to see another of your characters before Lorn age-dies.

Lornis (Guest)Tue 20-Oct-09 01:48 PM

#87064, "It still makes me chuckle"
In response to Reply #51

You getting the beat down from your own folks still makes me laugh. Don't worry though, it happened to be a few times as well from my people. I wasn't as forgiving however. I don't think they actually killed me either, but definitely made life less fun!

I'm sure you will see another char of mine, but it will be pretty opposite of it. Of course...since Scion is at war with everything but herald...that makes the guessing quite challenging!

Hint - Not a Herald!

Minyar1 (Guest)Thu 22-Oct-09 08:54 PM

#87155, "The SLEEKS!"
In response to Reply #1

I do have to make a comment about the sleeks. I refrain from posting anything because I wasn't going to give away that I was playing one. I think the sleek system as it is with locations is fine, but I think some of the locations might be a bit outrageous. I would feel very very sorry for anyone that gets my location for black and doesn't have a good way to heal. You literally should use protections just to get it, unless you are crusing with 1700 hps...even then, I would sometimes have to heal awhile to finish.

Both spots I knew of were new, and I didn't bother looking hard for my sienna because we all have shield now and I could have a backup rod if I wanted one. I don't think there were many fights where I didn't have shield up, if I needed protections. I like detect artifact quite a bit, but I've also thought some of the ideas people have had could be cool if they can be coded. Especially when you get "near" to one.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #86987 Previous topic | Next topic