Subject: "Once again, gayed." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #86896
Show all folders

TheollasKaskin (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 07:55 PM

#86896, "Once again, gayed."

Sorry guys. Flyto;murder is just lame.

How many times can a shifter do that? Tangni said it was tiring but I don't see it. Does it matter if it's tiring and can be done 20 times? I don't think so.

Shifters, and I've played a few, are just weaksauce. I mean here I spend days and hours perfecting skills and defenses and all a shifter has to do to #### up a night is fly-to murder.

I can't even tell a shifter well done, because it never is. It's just hitting one key over and over.

Anyway. When Tangni lost intrest, I lost intrest.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply RE: Once again, gayed., Orlinden (Guest), 18-Oct-09 02:37 PM, #45
Reply I just wrote a huge goodbye on my blackberry., Theollas (Guest), 18-Oct-09 03:06 PM, #47
Reply Not going to miss you, Not even a little bit., Fezzle Freck (Guest), 18-Oct-09 10:16 AM, #32
Reply My take., Theollas (Guest), 18-Oct-09 01:43 PM, #36
     Reply RE: My take., Fezzle Freck (Guest), 18-Oct-09 02:07 PM, #42
     Reply misinfo, KrilcovK (Guest), 18-Oct-09 05:04 PM, #53
Reply RE: Once again, gayed., Tangni (Guest), 18-Oct-09 08:46 AM, #29
Reply addendum, Tangni (Guest), 18-Oct-09 09:04 AM, #31
Reply RE: Once again, gayed., Isildur, 18-Oct-09 08:25 AM, #24
Reply Kinda lame, actually, Baerinika, 18-Oct-09 06:47 AM, #21
Reply Add to that..., Daevryn, 18-Oct-09 08:00 AM, #22
     Reply thats just it., Theollas (Guest), 18-Oct-09 01:26 PM, #35
          Reply Ocean is one of the best places to deal with most shift..., Vortex_Guest (Guest), 18-Oct-09 01:44 PM, #37
               Reply RE: Ocean is one of the best places to deal with most s..., Theollas (Guest), 18-Oct-09 01:59 PM, #40
                    Reply Seriously going to make me roll up another Ccurtohn?, CraftedD (Guest), 18-Oct-09 02:06 PM, #41
                    Reply Uh., Daevryn, 18-Oct-09 03:24 PM, #48
                         Reply No I don't and thats the question., Theollas (Guest), 18-Oct-09 04:21 PM, #49
                              Reply For dodge... read help dodge. :P, Daevryn, 18-Oct-09 04:25 PM, #50
                              Reply so i never carry above half weight, Theollas (Guest), 18-Oct-09 05:08 PM, #55
                              Reply RE: No I don't and thats the question., Isildur, 18-Oct-09 05:37 PM, #56
Reply Theollas really made me raise my RP game, Abernytee (Guest), 18-Oct-09 05:53 AM, #20
Reply Tangni made me his Pupil and..., Theollas (Guest), 18-Oct-09 01:51 PM, #38
     Reply wow, Abernytee (Guest), 18-Oct-09 02:40 PM, #46
          Reply so basicly you are saying..., Theollas (Guest), 18-Oct-09 04:28 PM, #51
               Reply Help: Abernyte, KrilcovK (Guest), 18-Oct-09 04:54 PM, #52
               Reply Dude...are you on crack? Seriously. nt, Minyar, 19-Oct-09 09:57 AM, #59
                    Reply Listen newbie., Krilcovk (Guest), 19-Oct-09 01:17 PM, #60
                         Reply The reason he is questioning you is because you smoke d..., Slobodan, 19-Oct-09 02:28 PM, #62
                              Reply I'd wager I've played this game longer than you Krilcov..., Minyar1 (Guest), 19-Oct-09 02:38 PM, #63
               Reply I though I was clear the first post. Some chars just oo..., Abernytee (Guest), 19-Oct-09 07:12 AM, #57
                    Reply Fair enough., Theollas (Guest), 19-Oct-09 02:39 PM, #64
Reply RE: Once again, gayed., Battle Thief (Guest), 17-Oct-09 09:37 PM, #13
Reply Can you tell I'm bitter? heh., Theollas (Guest), 17-Oct-09 08:03 PM, #2
Reply No offense man...but getting away from a flyto shifter ..., Lornis (Guest), 17-Oct-09 08:02 PM, #1
     Reply Remember that part where I'm on the eastern continent?, Theollas (Guest), 17-Oct-09 08:09 PM, #3
          Reply Anyway I'm just pissed., Theollas (Guest), 17-Oct-09 08:11 PM, #4
          Reply Look...I understand not liking flyto shifters., Lornis (Guest), 17-Oct-09 08:18 PM, #5
          Reply I would bet half have air., Theollas (Guest), 17-Oct-09 08:27 PM, #6
          Reply So you're pissed at him, because you screwed up?, Java, 17-Oct-09 08:38 PM, #7
          Reply is this a goodbye post?, KrilcovK (Guest), 17-Oct-09 08:50 PM, #9
          Reply Here's a question for you., Theollas (Guest), 17-Oct-09 08:41 PM, #8
               Reply Yes. nt, sleepy2 (Guest), 17-Oct-09 08:54 PM, #10
               Reply Sulye tools me often without rods...as do many warriors..., Lornis (Guest), 17-Oct-09 09:14 PM, #11
               Reply Sulye does? No offence, Theollas (Guest), 17-Oct-09 09:26 PM, #12
                    Reply As an air/offense shifter., Lirad (Guest), 17-Oct-09 09:48 PM, #14
                    Reply RE: Sulye does? No offence, Lightmaged (Guest), 17-Oct-09 10:42 PM, #15
                    Reply To set the record straight., Lornis (Guest), 17-Oct-09 10:52 PM, #16
                    Reply RE: To set the record straight., Lightmaged (Guest), 18-Oct-09 09:02 AM, #30
                         Reply When I hear what you said., Lornis (Guest), 18-Oct-09 01:08 PM, #33
                              Reply For what it's worth:, Daevryn, 18-Oct-09 01:53 PM, #39
                                   Reply Yep...totally not complaining., Lornis (Guest), 18-Oct-09 02:19 PM, #44
                                        Reply RE: Yep...totally not complaining., Lightmaged (Guest), 18-Oct-09 05:07 PM, #54
                    Reply serious question then, theollas (Guest), 17-Oct-09 11:57 PM, #18
                         Reply Shapeshifters have the haste spell., Quix_lz (Guest), 18-Oct-09 01:34 AM, #19
                    Reply RE: Sulye does? No offence, Daevryn, 18-Oct-09 08:20 AM, #23
                         Reply RE: Sulye does? No offence, Sulye (Guest), 19-Oct-09 02:00 PM, #61
               Reply I beat him! With wands. Cloud Savage Zerker. But flyto/..., Zaximun (Guest), 19-Oct-09 02:52 PM, #65
          Reply That is false. None of the ones you'd cry about are eve..., CraftedD (Guest), 17-Oct-09 10:55 PM, #17
          Reply its not hard, even without teleport/word, quas (Guest), 18-Oct-09 08:27 AM, #25
          Reply RE: its not hard, even without teleport/word, Isildur, 18-Oct-09 08:31 AM, #28
               Reply Nope...I never got a chance to Faerie Fire., Lornis (Guest), 18-Oct-09 01:11 PM, #34
                    Reply yeah because, Theollas (Guest), 18-Oct-09 02:11 PM, #43
                         Reply That and don't spam directions when in that situation., Minyar, 19-Oct-09 09:46 AM, #58
          Reply RE: Anyway I'm just pissed., Isildur, 18-Oct-09 08:30 AM, #27
          Reply RE: Remember that part where I'm on the eastern contine..., Isildur, 18-Oct-09 08:29 AM, #26

Orlinden (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 02:37 PM

#86963, "RE: Once again, gayed."
In response to Reply #0

Dude, twice I've gotten a shifter char really close to one of yours and you up and delete.... COme on man... Orlinden had no one else in the world that he would have travelled with other than you.... Bah... Guess that makes that decision easy, I was really sorry that i had to bounce out on you twice the other day, speciall when we were doing the head hunters... Bah, guess I'll stick to some other chars then... Orlinden was fun to play when you were around, but with the lack of other goodie players around, it's not like he'll make many friends... Ah well, I hope you bring back another one, I seem to click with your char's.

Theollas (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 03:06 PM

#86965, "I just wrote a huge goodbye on my blackberry."
In response to Reply #45

And lost it.

Yeah we worked well together. I like your characters and hope I was able to make each of mine unique.

Fezzle Freck (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 10:16 AM

#86946, "Not going to miss you, Not even a little bit."
In response to Reply #0

Outline of my interactions with you.

You login REJOICE over cb and ask me to group. I show up. You are killing ugruks at a rate of about 1 every 3 or 4 minutes, and I already dont get any xp for them. I leave you to help reavers raid, you accuse me of letting them push me around.

Later on you are telling Yaniyule how to deal with guards, but you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Around here you develop a reputation for getting your groupmates killed and not really caring. Everyone loves it when goodies do that.

Last time I see you, I'm healing the huntress, The invader has been driven off and danger is imediately close. You start telling me I should sanc the huntress. No one is fighting her. If someone shows up, I will. And really, shouldn't you have been chasing the invader? I was the one who fought him till he ran (with the huntress and a wolf granted).

Then, after you delete, I log in, and you've written a note about 'How you don't think so and so is one of us because they are too high level and haven't gotten in yet'. I'm pretty sure They are neutral, and I'm pretty sure Quird is on vacation or something, and he probably hasn't been able to find his leader to get an interview.

Considering the lowby rp rewards you got, I was expecting a lot from you, but you were a pushy, misinformed jerk.

OH, and your warcry was from the theme song to firefly, and it made me want to tell people where to find you to kill you.

Theollas (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 01:43 PM

#86954, "My take."
In response to Reply #32

I never got anyone killed though I took responsibility when people, read 2 people fell, and I mourned vivibly with emotes and in one case I made sure they recovered. In the other they left.

I never talked to Yani if I could help it except to riposte his Fairborn barbs.

So I made a comment about wishing I could give sanctuary? Boo hoo.

And as a young light walker I tryed to discourage you.from helping reavers and helping me?

I rank slow? Dude, I can rank like a rocket. Part of that is managing the kind of party you have. I made 43 in probably 20 hours of actual ranking. Some times you have to take what you got until better comes along. Ranger + healer + anything equals 4 ranks an hour for a goody. Perhaps it was your feelings that were ruining Theollas for you. Not Theollas.

And yes my warcry was inspired by but not an exact copy of Serinity. Guilty.

Fezzle Freck (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 02:07 PM

#86960, "RE: My take."
In response to Reply #36

>I never got anyone killed though I took responsibility when
>people, read 2 people fell, and I mourned vivibly with emotes
>and in one case I made sure they recovered. In the other they
>left.

As I didn't group with you much, I can't comment to much on this, but I know of one dude who died in a group with you twice. Like I said, you had a reputation. I heard it from several people that they wouldn't group with you anymore.

>
>I never talked to Yani if I could help it except to riposte
>his Fairborn barbs.

You were trying to tell him to lead guards away from the spire, word, and go back in. he explained to you why it wouldn't work, you kept pushing him to run word and come back.

>So I made a comment about wishing I could give sanctuary? Boo
>hoo.

When you should have been chasing the conjurer. I'm a healer. I'm a really really good healer. I had the huntress taken care of and I don't need your asinine backhanded advice to do my job. I expect the reavers to be pushy, you were always pushy and snarky.

>
>And as a young light walker I tryed to discourage you.from
>helping reavers and helping me?

And I wasn't going to waste my time with you. I stand by my comment about your ability to kill ugruks. If I'm out doing what we are supposed to do in the cabal, don't whine. Besides, I was getting xp faster from raids than leveling with you.

>
>I rank slow? Dude, I can rank like a rocket. Part of that is
>managing the kind of party you have. I made 43 in probably 20
>hours of actual ranking. Some times you have to take what you
>got until better comes along. Ranger + healer + anything
>equals 4 ranks an hour for a goody. Perhaps it was your
>feelings that were ruining Theollas for you. Not Theollas.

see above. Both times I grouped with you were miserable failures, and once was with tangni helping our group of 3.

>
>And yes my warcry was inspired by but not an exact copy of
>Serinity. Guilty.
>
Song: I don't care cause I'm still free, you cant take the sky from me
you: You can't take the sky from me, something about being still free.

KrilcovK (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 05:04 PM

#86975, "misinfo"
In response to Reply #36

Conji with opal wands tanking with a familiar imp warded.
Hooded elemental, Hooded Demon

Decked Mace Spec

Trani

Makes maybe four ranks an hour

But then repops come into play

Ranger low dmg output,elf laugh
Healer very low dmg output
And what, anything else? Ok assassin, mediocre

U sir are my miso informo hero la chumpmo

Tangni (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 08:46 AM

#86943, "RE: Once again, gayed."
In response to Reply #0

Not really so much that I lost interest, it more had to do with I log on, sit on my thumb for an hour because I either killed the one target in range, or the few targets in range are in one huge group and I keep getting knocked back. That kinda kills loggins, I wish the numbers would go back up. That said, you really should stick your chars out, so you die a little, it happens. Calue used to die a lot, and hardly ever killed anyone, but they were a good char, because they were more of a 70% RP 30% PK char that shined in a different way. You have a good shot of having a killer Char, and there's a lot I could have taught you to help once the leveling was finished, Here's a reccomendation, if you want a good all around ranger, maybe not as deadly as a cloud giant one, but highly survivable try a Felar Forester Explorer, it does well in all terrains, not just home terrain. Can camo and creep reliably everywhere but water, it has a form of vanish like a ranger in a sense, it can cure it's own bleeding to where the rhino impales you, now you can scatter, move a few paces and repair your injuries with the explorer skill, which stops all bleeding, then you're set to rest/camp whatever. It can camp whole groups when leveling or defending the cabal allowing you to camp with your cabal's healers letting them rest like mad and heal the crap out of the huntress (camp + Bioempathy rules) and has a really good combination of offense and defense with staff + claw attacks and wilderness fam + staff defenses and healing. Then it's just a matter of learning a few more basic preps. Rangers can use aura and shield staves, and there's a few that are in fairly reliably. Just take your deaths for a grain of salt though, only power gamers care about thier pk-death ratio, You'll see Lornis and I get a lot of silly deaths throughout our char's lives for a reason, we have RP situations where as a player we know we're fooked, but as a charachter following role, it's charge in time and hope for the best. Those can make for some of the more memorable fights in your char's life for both sides, even if 4 out of 5 times they are a high point for the enemy. Just keep your chin up, dont worry about your kills-deaths ratio, and enjoy immersing yourself into the world of RP, once you can shrug off the deaths without getting pissed, you will notice for some reason the PK will come easier too.

Tangni (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 09:04 AM

#86945, "addendum"
In response to Reply #29

As an addition I would say play an air/offense shifter to final forms and pk with it a bit, you will learn all about the tactics for fighting one by playing one especially if you target your most skilled enemies.

IsildurSun 18-Oct-09 08:25 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86936, "RE: Once again, gayed."
In response to Reply #0

Dude. Teleport? Word and run underground? If he's beating you with flyto murder then he's fighting you in his air form, meaning you should have the melee advantage.

BaerinikaSun 18-Oct-09 06:47 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86928, "Kinda lame, actually"
In response to Reply #0

The first time I thought was a little silly. The second time? You probably should have been ready for this. Also, it isn't like he can see camo.

I liked Theollas a lot tho I didn't love how wildly anti-paladin you were. Watching you interact with Ailen made Baer's teeth grind more than a little. Good luck on your next, I imagine you'll be back around the shrine again.

DaevrynSun 18-Oct-09 08:00 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#86934, "Add to that..."
In response to Reply #21

>The first time I thought was a little silly. The second
>time? You probably should have been ready for this. Also, it
>isn't like he can see camo.

You've got pathfinding. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to leave the room most (I'd say all, but let's be generous) of the time before the shifter can murder.

Or you can dirt them and keep running.

Or you've probably got other good options depending on what kind of ranger you are. Snare, for example.

Or (again) you could just camo.

Theollas (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 01:26 PM

#86953, "thats just it."
In response to Reply #22

The first time I was glowing from Lheria. I was preserving ground but not sure if I was caught in that lag or trample lag bug I made it out with 17 percent health. Even with pathfinding and constant movement and few wrong turns the vulture caught me.

The second time I was on the ocean and still, I say again, still couldn't move faster than he could fly to/murder me. Coupled with the night walker I was trapped in a 4 or 5 room area trying to break pursuit and get camoed and couldn't.

Vortex_Guest (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 01:44 PM

#86955, "Ocean is one of the best places to deal with most shift..."
In response to Reply #35

flee;eat seaweed; flee; down

99% of shifters can't do much to you while you're underwater. The 1% of shifters which can eat you while you're underwater really can't do much to you whil you're not in it.

And not having any teleport/return potions is really your own fault. There are several free teleport sources within 2 minutes walk of galadon.

There are many classes who, at level 40ish, can seriously bitch about air shifters, and find them crippling or limiting as hell. I really don't think elf rangers are one of them.

Theollas (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 01:59 PM

#86958, "RE: Ocean is one of the best places to deal with most s..."
In response to Reply #37

I had just been PK,d and didn't have any potions except a silver green. I was geared well enough though. And yeah I was dreaming of weed at the time.

I just can't get over how easy shifters hit high dex divinly armored characters. Theollas was wielding shield and sword and should have defended as good as a similarly decked warrior but just got eaten.

-
Is there a trick to killing a shifter that can potentially one round you?

CraftedD (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 02:06 PM

#86959, "Seriously going to make me roll up another Ccurtohn?"
In response to Reply #40

All this bitching is motivating.

DaevrynSun 18-Oct-09 03:24 PM
11117 posts
#86966, "Uh."
In response to Reply #40

You know that your armor class doesn't stop people from hitting you, right?

Theollas (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 04:21 PM

#86970, "No I don't and thats the question."
In response to Reply #48

What does? Does a 25 dex make a huge diff over. 23 or 24? How are some people able to fight for 20 rounds when I can't go but a few on a good day?

DaevrynSun 18-Oct-09 04:25 PM
11117 posts
#86971, "For dodge... read help dodge. :P"
In response to Reply #49

Theollas (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 05:08 PM

#86977, "so i never carry above half weight"
In response to Reply #50

And still don't seem to dodge like I see others doing.

IsildurSun 18-Oct-09 05:37 PM
5969 posts
#86978, "RE: No I don't and thats the question."
In response to Reply #49

If you were on the ocean then you probably weren't getting much out of wilderness famliarity. So in that situation you're basically a crappy warrior with serpent strike.

What weapons were you wielding?

The ranger Lornis claimed matched up well against him was probably using a staff or spear. That means he's dual wielding claws, has good "normal" parry based on the weapon type and is getting free "spins". So it's the best possible combination of offense and defense.

What preps did you use?

Lornis prepped with a/b/s, plus he's got crazy scion leader hp, plus he's got a juiced nightwalker. He's just about the worst possible air shifter you're ever going to face. I say "just about" because Shalsad was way worse against criminals.

If you didn't prep, weren't wielding optional weapons, and weren't in the right kind of wilderness...(and weren't even a hero)...then I'm not surprised he beat you up.

Abernytee (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 05:53 AM

#86924, "Theollas really made me raise my RP game"
In response to Reply #0

Not because he was inspiring or anything but because you were the most annoying c*nt in the entire outlander cabal. I had to raise my RP game just to stop myself and many other harbingers from going 'reaver' on your arse and killing you. Now it might have been your RP, fair enough, but watching you whore yourself to Tangni and just being an irritating, self-righteous little cock had me on the edge of my RP limits.

GLWYN

-----Abernyte

Theollas (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 01:51 PM

#86956, "Tangni made me his Pupil and..."
In response to Reply #20

Tangni and I only ever travelled once. That was on the mountain.

Have you ever read the help file for elven speach?

Did you ever interact with Kaskin? Were they the same? The answer is... Wait for it... No.

So I'll take your insult as a compliment.

Abernytee (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 02:40 PM

#86964, "wow"
In response to Reply #38

You are using elven speech right now?!

and I never mentioned kaskin, whoever they were.

-----Abernyte

Theollas (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 04:28 PM

#86972, "so basicly you are saying..."
In response to Reply #46

You're a special kind of dumb.

I was only pretentious with on Druid. And I only mocked one Bard (seriously? How do you talk like a cloud-giant but spit out masterful lyrics? Doesn't jive.

But your Abernytie so... Yeah.

KrilcovK (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 04:54 PM

#86974, "Help: Abernyte"
In response to Reply #51

Dude was teaching me how to pk on mirc pre #DR days. When was that, 97? 96? So um, ok. Can I ask you something? Let's compare notable characters between you and him boss? Oh, I forget who you are. Well, then in that case how about you comment on how orbs of travel don't work on things they do and check back on this graveyard post two days later using the I got spotty connections thing. Kay? Or I will give the hotty lynxaria a call. She'll demonfire your "I'm not helping myself posts". One way or another, I hope you get a clue, take a risk and monopolize on people trying to help you. I hart Lotr named characters.

MinyarMon 19-Oct-09 09:57 AM
504 posts
#86992, "Dude...are you on crack? Seriously. nt"
In response to Reply #52

nt

Krilcovk (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 01:17 PM

#87017, "Listen newbie."
In response to Reply #59

The reason you are questioning me is because you do not get the subtle references to knowledge your 5-10 years of cf could not give you, this is old school stuff.

SlobodanMon 19-Oct-09 02:28 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2009
21 posts
#87022, "The reason he is questioning you is because you smoke d..."
In response to Reply #60

Lay down the pipe and pick up some dignity

Minyar1 (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 02:38 PM

#87023, "I'd wager I've played this game longer than you Krilcov..."
In response to Reply #62

I would also wager that 99% of those reading your post were scratching their head at how idiotic it sounded. If you are going to try and burn Abernyte then make some clear points and don't write like a 5-10 year old.

Abernytee (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 07:12 AM

#86985, "I though I was clear the first post. Some chars just oo..."
In response to Reply #51

We are all capable of it.

-----Abernyte

Theollas (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 02:39 PM

#87024, "Fair enough."
In response to Reply #57

He was his fathers son. An overbearing Paladin whom he tried not to be like (And failed). It just didn't get in the role.

Battle Thief (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 09:37 PM

#86912, "RE: Once again, gayed."
In response to Reply #0

Is flyto;murder lame? Yes.

Is raging over one death to a leader with a quest form lame? Yes.

Theollas (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 08:03 PM

#86900, "Can you tell I'm bitter? heh."
In response to Reply #0

awefwqef

Lornis (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 08:02 PM

#86899, "No offense man...but getting away from a flyto shifter ..."
In response to Reply #0

Unless you are a rager. It is called quaff teleport. Guess what, you had one in your stupid chest. Take this as constructive and learn that sometimes it doesn't go your way. I was going to take one fricking item from your corpse and let you have the rest...but you up and rage delete. If you know I'm around, you might be cautious and have teleports ready to go when crossing the sea. By the way...it is at least two keys. Flyto and bite.

Seriously...

Theollas (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 08:09 PM

#86901, "Remember that part where I'm on the eastern continent?"
In response to Reply #1

And I had no idea I had a teleport in my chest. I only had one silver green potion.

It is not easy to get away from fly to murder, that's why there are so many of your sort at hero. It's gay with cheesy winsauce. I crossed four different borders and you managed to fly to Theollas. I went in doors and you flew to him. You night walker auto attacks.

It's ####ing rediculous.

Theollas (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 08:11 PM

#86902, "Anyway I'm just pissed."
In response to Reply #3

And I'm one less player you'll get to fight in the future. I'm just done fighting shifters. And for that matter ranking with them because so many are ####ing nexuns.

Lornis (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 08:18 PM

#86903, "Look...I understand not liking flyto shifters."
In response to Reply #4

Guess what...I never was a flyto shifter until after 300 hours. Seriously though, when I've played outlanders I always keep a supply of green teleport potions, which can be gotten for free, in my chest. You weren't pink...so quaffing on the eastern continent would have been fine for you. FYI - when we started the fight, you were on the western continent as the dragon sea and all of Aryth is in the west. You would have teleported a long way away likely.

I'm just saying that a rank 43 elf ranger shouldn't get ticked that a rank 51 Scion Leader killed him. I'd be interested to see just how many shifters are air shifter honestly. I actually wouldn't be included in that as it isn't my foci.

Theollas (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 08:27 PM

#86904, "I would bet half have air."
In response to Reply #5

And you're on crack when you say I had a teleport. I didn't.

JavaSat 17-Oct-09 08:38 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#86905, "So you're pissed at him, because you screwed up?"
In response to Reply #6

If you don't have teleport potions, don't complain about how a class is impossible to escape from.

They are fairly easy to escape from. You just didn't do it.

I could see if you just unghosted and were regearing or something, but you clearly weren't. You just ####ed up, and got caught.

See, some people blame every death they have on a broken class, or cheating, or any other number of excuses. Other people look at the situation, and try to figure out how they could have won (or at least survived), to make themselves better for the next time.

It's your choice which one of those people you want to be.

KrilcovK (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 08:50 PM

#86907, "is this a goodbye post?"
In response to Reply #6

I don't get it. Anyways by. Out of seven shapeshifters I travel with or fight against, about a third or less a shapeshifters. I tend to bitch about bash, so don't feel bad. But seriously, did u die once and learn a leasson or get ubber conloss?

Guess its neither? Does Outlander have a salary cap?

Theollas (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 08:41 PM

#86906, "Here's a question for you."
In response to Reply #5

Is there a warrior or ranger or thief out there that could defeat you? Even without your wands?

sleepy2 (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 08:54 PM

#86908, "Yes. nt"
In response to Reply #8

g

Lornis (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 09:14 PM

#86910, "Sulye tools me often without rods...as do many warriors..."
In response to Reply #8

nt

Theollas (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 09:26 PM

#86911, "Sulye does? No offence"
In response to Reply #11

But with Kaskin I gave Sulye at least a partial run for her money but against you was just destroyed. I don't see how that's even possible.

Lirad (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 09:48 PM

#86913, "As an air/offense shifter."
In response to Reply #12

I am unsure what forms Lornis has besides the Ice Drake, but Suyle consistently rapes the rhino with our without rods, minus barrier which I have never fought them with. I have trouble with Fulgrum even with A/B/S and stoneskin. There is a handful of matchups air/offense won't normally do so great against. Then there are those that air shifters completely destroy. Ranger, honestly, isn't usually one of them in my case. Return/teleport potions are priceless.

Lightmaged (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 10:42 PM

#86914, "RE: Sulye does? No offence"
In response to Reply #12

No offense man....but ice drake is not overpowered. Ranks, wands, and scion leader powers help alot. The form is average.

Lornis (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 10:52 PM

#86915, "To set the record straight."
In response to Reply #15

There are no "scion leader powers" just the regular ones slightly enhanced.

Lightmaged (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 09:02 AM

#86944, "RE: To set the record straight."
In response to Reply #16

regular ones enhanced=scion leader powers....hence what I said.

Lornis (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 01:08 PM

#86950, "When I hear what you said."
In response to Reply #30

I think of "call insects" or the emperor who gets all of the powers, or leaders who get cabal weapons or something else. Not..enhanced despoil and stronger nightwalkers. I'm honestly not even all that sure what all I get from it. I'm just saying...it isn't anything really "extra" outside of what I already have, just slightly better. Scion powers being pretty sweet without that.

DaevrynSun 18-Oct-09 01:53 PM
11117 posts
#86957, "For what it's worth:"
In response to Reply #33

Emperor powers are king, but, (for me), the Scion leader bonus beats everything else if you're a mage.

(Insect swarm is great for some people and I think it's great on paper in general, but in practice I haven't gotten much mileage out of it. More hp / stronger nightwalkers / etc. is more universally useful for my play style.)

Lornis (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 02:19 PM

#86962, "Yep...totally not complaining."
In response to Reply #39

I'm just saying the way it read to me was as if I got something extra aside from what I had. I totally love the boost. Yes, I'll never play an Imperial Black Sect again, even Emperor powers don't do much for me compared to the lasting benefit of despoil.

Lightmaged (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 05:07 PM

#86976, "RE: Yep...totally not complaining."
In response to Reply #44

I bitched about Scion leader powers. But then figured out a few things regarding some of them. The boosts are actually pretty amazing. ABS with your forms and over 2000hp, should be a better choice than a crappy weapon you can change its form to, or whatever the hell marans get.

Ha.

theollas (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 11:57 PM

#86918, "serious question then"
In response to Reply #15

Why don't my chracters hit shidters and how was Lirad able to practically 2 round me with the rhino. I didn't dodge one attack with half weight and maxed defenses. Didn't parry a thing. Same thing with Lornis. Didn't land a single hit once.

Quix_lz (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 01:34 AM

#86920, "Shapeshifters have the haste spell."
In response to Reply #18

That gives air/offense a huge advantage over the melee classes, who even if they can prep for haste can't keep it up all the time.

DaevrynSun 18-Oct-09 08:20 AM
11117 posts
#86935, "RE: Sulye does? No offence"
In response to Reply #12

Not all characters are equal matchups for each other. Sulye stacks up well to a lot of people -- you may not have been one of them that time around.

Sulye (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 02:00 PM

#87021, "RE: Sulye does? No offence"
In response to Reply #23

fwiw, Kaskin was a good-aligned marshdweller hunter, and I fought him in the swamp. On the other hand, I was probably geared better than him and I prepped out the wazoo. And it was still close.

Zaximun (Guest)Mon 19-Oct-09 02:52 PM

#87026, "I beat him! With wands. Cloud Savage Zerker. But flyto/..."
In response to Reply #8

nt

CraftedD (Guest)Sat 17-Oct-09 10:55 PM

#86916, "That is false. None of the ones you'd cry about are eve..."
In response to Reply #4

ntnt

quas (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 08:27 AM

#86937, "its not hard, even without teleport/word"
In response to Reply #4

big thing to do is always have a piece of seaweed and know your way to the nearest entrance to the underdark or water if you got birds overhead.

or if your a ranger just... walk 3 rooms and camo.

IsildurSun 18-Oct-09 08:31 AM
5969 posts
#86940, "RE: its not hard, even without teleport/word"
In response to Reply #25

Lornis has two amphibious forms so water isn't a huge help. Sure he can't flyto, but he can still chase you there.

Also he probably reverted and faerie fired Theollas first thing. So no camo.

Lornis (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 01:11 PM

#86951, "Nope...I never got a chance to Faerie Fire."
In response to Reply #28

He ran immediately, he just didn't run to very smart places. I started on the water with him, he ran to ARkham.

Theollas (Guest)Sun 18-Oct-09 02:11 PM

#86961, "yeah because"
In response to Reply #34

I fled so many times I missed my turn north to were my A.I. Would have gotten me out of reach. But it was impossible for me to move faster than you. I don't know, maybe its my connection because when you spam 4 north and you get me before the charater moves 2. I don't know.

Anyway, bottom line, I'll just be more carefull and not put myself in places when I have to fight them.

MinyarMon 19-Oct-09 09:46 AM
504 posts
#86991, "That and don't spam directions when in that situation."
In response to Reply #43

You need to think clearly and watch where you flee, because in that case you ended up going into Arkham which doesn't help you at all. I've been in your shoes, sometimes you just have to stop spamming a sec and figure out which direction you want to go. Ice Drake was good, but not super strong for attacks, so you had time to check that chest and find your green potion. Definitely the number one thing is just be more prepared...just have more preps on you at all times. Never use your last green potion up.

IsildurSun 18-Oct-09 08:30 AM
5969 posts
#86939, "RE: Anyway I'm just pissed."
In response to Reply #4

You know what you have to do now, by the way. Roll a scion air shifter and show us how its done.

IsildurSun 18-Oct-09 08:29 AM
5969 posts
#86938, "RE: Remember that part where I'm on the eastern contine..."
In response to Reply #3

Not positive, but I think Aryth is western continent. And if you knew Lornis was online and you didn't have teleport potions, then your #1 priority should have been to get some.

Also, where did you recall to? Western continent? Then you could always have recalled then teleported.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #86896 Previous topic | Next topic