Subject: "(DEL) Shalven the Dweller of the Wilds, Warder Lieu" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8674
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 22-Aug-02 09:33 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8674, "(DEL) Shalven the Dweller of the Wilds, Warder Lieu"

Thu Aug 22 23:32:22 2002

6 o''clock AM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of Futility on the Theran calendar Shalven perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SYLVAN, the Sylvan Warders
Hours:268
PK Ratio:62% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Bah., Gorach, 07-Sep-02 02:26 AM, #11
Reply Just had to say:, Hralng (Guest), 28-Aug-02 08:11 PM, #9
Reply So you finally kicked the bucket?, Llohuir, 26-Aug-02 02:28 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DEL) Shalven the Dweller of the Wilds, Warder Lie..., Alysrith, 24-Aug-02 12:11 AM, #4
Reply RE: (DEL) Shalven the Dweller of the Wilds, Warder Lie..., Eskelian, 24-Aug-02 05:47 AM, #5
Reply 100% Agree, Simyar, 25-Aug-02 11:29 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DEL) Shalven the Dweller of the Wilds, Warder Lie..., Ferend (Guest), 07-Sep-02 01:49 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Shalven the Dweller of the Wilds, Warder Lie..., ATK, 23-Aug-02 08:34 AM, #3
Reply Well done, Wasarbre (Guest), 23-Aug-02 05:37 AM, #2
Reply ok, explain please, incognito, 23-Aug-02 01:25 AM, #1
     Reply RE: ok, explain please, Brethel (Guest), 28-Aug-02 08:43 AM, #8

GorachSat 07-Sep-02 02:26 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8675, "Bah."
In response to Reply #0

Everything Alysrith says in his post is true .. I still remember our first encounter .. I walked in this snare of yours and bam ! ambush .. I was like 'Well what the f*ck ? I sometimes travel with Sylvan and help them and then this .. well screw you !!' .. and then I started to know you .. and I understood that you protected your territorium at all cost .. like a wolf and all .. and I got to understand that showing my teeth .. just wasn't very wise .. Too bad you didn't show up anymore .. Remeber that time we were sitting in the woods, you with your head on my lap and all ? Oh well, good luck on your next ..

Gorach.

Hralng (Guest)Wed 28-Aug-02 08:11 PM

#8676, "Just had to say:"
In response to Reply #0

Usually I wonder why I bother playing CF, oher than its addictiveness. However, when I interact with certain people, characters, or the occasional fight, I'm reminded. "Talking" with you when I first approached Sylvan was one of those times. Wow. I'll treasure that bit of time. Shalven drew me into the moment, made me understand my own character more, and gave me insight into your own, a little. Very fun, very cool. Thanks again.

Hralng

LlohuirMon 26-Aug-02 02:28 AM
23 posts
#8677, "So you finally kicked the bucket?"
In response to Reply #0

Heh, I remembered, always hiding in <you know where>. You hit hard, you know and I never have the chance to speak with you coz you are always not receiving tells. Deaf in your role, maybe?

Farewell.

AlysrithSat 24-Aug-02 12:11 AM
57 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8678, "RE: (DEL) Shalven the Dweller of the Wilds, Warder Lie..."
In response to Reply #0

One of the best role-played characters I've had the pleasure to interact with in quite some time.

I'm sorry to see you go.

I don't think many people...even those of Sylvan...hrmm....perhaps especially those of Sylvan...took the time to get to know you as well as they should have.

To ATK: Yes…he was booted for that…and re-inducted…as there were circumstances behind it.

I’m not sure if Shalven will post a farewell…so I’ll just say this:

To all of those who have/do complain about Shalven’s actions…
Everything he did that ever came to my attention (and believe me…I got an ear full of complaints IC) made perfect sense for his char...and for a Sylvan. Anyone who got to know him would have easily seen that…and would have been able to avoid certain…unpleasantries…if they wished.

To Shalven…
Unlike many, you weren’t just a human in a wolf suit playing politics…you were a Wolf…through and through. No matter what that meant... often to your disadvantage...you were always a Wolf. And for that, *tip* my hat is off to you. For that much character is something that I have rarely seen during my years on CF.

Good Luck with RL, and with your next,

Alysrith Eregale, Hunter of the K’sra, Warder Captain

EskelianSat 24-Aug-02 05:47 AM
2023 posts
#8681, "RE: (DEL) Shalven the Dweller of the Wilds, Warder Lie..."
In response to Reply #4

Shalven was the man, we had some fun from rank 17 in Midgaard straight til I was ranking like a beast so I could finish a few of those kills. The arf arf thing never really made sense to me, as I interacted with him in a very limited perspective, but definately a character I liked having around.

SimyarSun 25-Aug-02 11:29 PM
0 posts
#8680, "100% Agree"
In response to Reply #4

Wow, what a great character, what an astounding roleplay. I honestly didn't like Shalven at first, because I didn't understand him. As I came to understand him, Simyar came to love him. I had a hard time figuring out what he wanted somtimes, but there were other times when we really connected in talks. I probably ticked him off once or twice trying to understand the pictures. For those who didn't know, thats how he communicated, he drew in the dirt. Simyar came to look forward to his times with Shalven. He looked forward to drawing a picture of a giant wolf, and then a small elven wolf next to him. I will miss Shalven greatly.

Thanks for making the grove a better place,
Simyar D'Arelin

Ferend (Guest)Sat 07-Sep-02 01:49 AM

#8679, "RE: (DEL) Shalven the Dweller of the Wilds, Warder Lie..."
In response to Reply #4

Wish I hadn;t gone the way of those who lost themselves in real life, I miss the Sylvan, and Shalven was a good one, to all of you, hope all is well, and perhaps I'll walk with you again

Ferend

ATKFri 23-Aug-02 08:34 AM
59 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#8682, "RE: (DEL) Shalven the Dweller of the Wilds, Warder Lie..."
In response to Reply #0

You was young when I played Cerunnir. I met you in the past an I thought you was crazy(entropy maybe). But you seemed friendly and helping when needed. Remember the time you attacked(and killed)Tusseltass, that shocked many of us and I find it strange you were not booted. And well, all the other attacks on allies that upset me... Well played. And welcome back.

ATK

Wasarbre (Guest)Fri 23-Aug-02 05:37 AM

#8683, "Well done"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed traveling with you. It was really hard at times with you not talking and all, but you did a great job. Would have liked it better if you talked a bit...*grin* Hope you come back for more.

incognitoFri 23-Aug-02 01:25 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8684, "ok, explain please"
In response to Reply #0

You attacked three characters of mine without provocation. Once was when I posted on Dio's with your name edited out, and people guessed you were just trying to free me from a snare, not kill me.

But then you did it again to an unsnared paladin who had never lifted a finger against you. And again to a warrior. And I saw you do it to a bard.

So what was your reasoning?

Brethel (Guest)Wed 28-Aug-02 08:43 AM

#8685, "RE: ok, explain please"
In response to Reply #1

hehe i always fed him steak and patted him on the head, generally he'd follow me around and help out when he could.
maybe you shoulda tried that?
sorry. i simply had to say it.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8674 Previous topic | Next topic