Subject: "(DEL) Varlys the Grand Master of Changelings, Hunted" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8664
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 20-Aug-02 12:55 PM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8664, "(DEL) Varlys the Grand Master of Changelings, Hunted"

Tue Aug 20 14:53:37 2002

8 o''clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness on the Theran calendar Varlys perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:233
PK Ratio:68% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Varlys (Guest)Wed 21-Aug-02 03:35 AM

#8665, "RE: (DEL) Varlys the Grand Master of Changelings, Hunt..."
In response to Reply #0

Wife and kids got back in town about three weeks ago greatly reducing my playing time, plus my con was getting low anyway. This was my first hero in around a year, and first mage since the prep system changed. Picked Air largely to cut down on time to gather preps, and util since i figured with an air form needed something with a good balance of offence and defence, plus forage just kicks ass.

Well now for goodbyes
Scions
Krivohan: Saw you twice, once when you inducted me and once when you gave me all your gear before deleting, thanks for both

Urden: All in all a good leader and a very skilled invoker

Dranolian: Thanks for pointing me in the right directions to a few areas, and all it cost was a staff of wonders and some healing staves

Aljern: With dranolian, always nice having Arcanes lurking somewhere close

Kalax: Seems like some heros where on the way up, good job in the interim

Ragers:
Gyasis: When you were taking my pitch black rings, I almost deleted right then (gearing was getting old). Glad i got you once anyway

Huraz: Seemed like a bad match up for you

Koogar: Ouch

Overall seemed like a solid group

Warlocks

Lardovian: The times i killed you after you had died, was mainly looking to see if you had grabbed and prep items yet, the time in the firgid waste is what i refer to.

Sylvans
Alysrith: Always showed, very elusive

Drakes

Gorach: Also elusive, seemed like you where always the focus, but i think i saw you die once

Doriah: Didnt realize gaunts would hit you when in form, now i know.

The Drake (Ilraeth?) Fun stuff, one of my more enjoyable memories of this character

Other

Unseen Immortal (Drokalanatym?) Thanks for the interaction and giving me a way out of what could have been a frustrating situation. I wanted to follow up on the information you gave me, but i never saw Dullameh again, plus my playing time got reduced, would have con died before anything came of it anyway, I think.

Falax (Guest)Wed 21-Aug-02 05:50 AM

#8667, "RE: (DEL) Varlys the Grand Master of Changelings, Hunt..."
In response to Reply #2

*cough* Kalax...Falax...anyway.

I'll miss you, I know your con was getting low, but it was nice to have an air form around. It made things a lot easier.

It was frustrating to pk with you though because air forms have a mind of their own and it's hard to communicate with shifters. I would tell you I was fighting and hope you could come. Then when I was resting I'd notice your HP dropping but you couldn't tell me what was happening...

Regardless, you were good at finishing off the scragglers. Good job.

Another one bites the dust...

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 21-Aug-02 08:50 AM

#8666, "RE: (DEL) Varlys the Grand Master of Changelings, Hunt..."
In response to Reply #2

Well, prep items are not the first thing I look for after I die
Was a bit (insert sarcasm) angry that you got me while I was recovering from a request, but since you left the thingies I didn't think on it all that much after that.
Never got to fight you as Hyena I think, seems all battles were in the air where you got that darned nightwalker *wry*

Anyway, the skies are a bit safer for a time it seems.
Good luck on the next and all that

Lardovian

Belgorrin (Guest)Tue 20-Aug-02 01:16 PM

#8668, "Sad to see you go... oddly enough"
In response to Reply #0

You were my first, and so far only player death. And I think mostly because you thought I was a sylven of sorts. I enjoyed though coming back after you with Aljern helping you out in the Chasm even though I didn't get a kill on either of you. Aljern 'knew' me a bit better cause we had traveled before on one occasion, but of course he didn't bother telling you anything about Belgorrin. After our talk, I thought we might end up traveling together but I hadn't seen you much after that really. Well, this is just more or less, kudos for a char i'm sure that was decently played... even if you weren't exactly water-friendly until after we talked.

g'luck to the next.
Belgorrin

Varlys (Guest)Wed 21-Aug-02 03:38 AM

#8669, "Ah ,the druids"
In response to Reply #1

You were nasty when ready. Couldnt really do anything against you or amora. I did assume you were a sylvan, and didnt have any infomation to the contrary. You seemed interesting. Good luck in the future.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8664 Previous topic | Next topic