Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ilobe Dupree the Affirmation of Li..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #86602
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 06-Oct-09 03:24 AM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86602, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ilobe Dupree the Affirmation of Life, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"

Tue Oct 6 03:23:57 2009

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Ilobe perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:203

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ilobe Dupree the Affirmation o..., Menthias (Guest), 07-Oct-09 02:30 PM, #6
Reply Light be with you and rest well!, Ilobe (Guest), 06-Oct-09 08:05 PM, #2
Reply Awww, thats too bad., Baog (Guest), 06-Oct-09 11:29 PM, #3
Reply Why is it..., Splntrd, 07-Oct-09 12:40 AM, #4
Reply RE: Why is it..., Ilobe (Guest), 07-Oct-09 06:12 PM, #7
Reply RE: Light be with you and rest well!, Dupmasione (Guest), 07-Oct-09 11:35 AM, #5
Reply RE: Light be with you and rest well!, Ilobe (Guest), 07-Oct-09 06:15 PM, #8
Reply RE: Light be with you and rest well!, Lorn (Guest), 09-Oct-09 12:09 PM, #9
Reply RE: Light be with you and rest well!, Iunna, 11-Oct-09 09:27 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ilobe Dupree the Affirmation o..., Balten (Guest), 06-Oct-09 07:27 AM, #1

Menthias (Guest)Wed 07-Oct-09 02:30 PM

#86615, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ilobe Dupree the Affirmation o..."
In response to Reply #0

I was wondering what had happened, I missed seeing you around, Menthias would've loved to tell you the progress she's made in mastering her spells. I was also looking forward to more games of tag outside the fortress.

GLWYN

Ilobe (Guest)Tue 06-Oct-09 08:05 PM

#86607, "Light be with you and rest well!"
In response to Reply #0

Ilobe was something new for me. 'Til now, I've never played a caballed character who was not a Herald (I was Etielise and Fyeereth most recently). Mostly I rolled Ilobe just to prove I could do it.

Ilobe's RP was fun at first--she was an inquisitive, wide-eyed little girl type. This sort of disappeared in later days as she matured, but I always *tried* to keep up the OH WOW LOOK AT THAT attitude. Anyway, I'm not sure I actually expected to make Acolyte, so it was nice when I did. This was also the first empowerment character I've ever actually *played*. Being a Healer was sometimes overwhelming, so thank you, Balten, for actually thinking I was worth a crap. Most of the time I was just sitting in my chair cringing at how much I thought I sucked.

Thanks to Padwei for patience and guidance, and endlessly replacing my wedding ring every time I got it killed off of me.

I've never put so many role entries into one character, but there were times when I could not log off without having something to write about, and most of that was thanks to Dupmasione. You're a riot, and you should know that most of the time I was interacting with you, I kept hearing that little 'ah ah ah' sound byte from Jurassic Park (you know, the one that plays when they try to hack into Dennis' computer, and if you don't for the love of god go watch that movie) playing the back of my mind. So, yeah, there. Thanks for all the good times.

Sorry to just disappear like that on everyone. I was having fun, but work has been kicking me in the ass lately and I figured it was bad form to keep a caballed character when I can only log on like once a week.

In summation, Fort is fun, I'll definitely do it again someday. Hell, I might even try *other* cabals, too.

Baog (Guest)Tue 06-Oct-09 11:29 PM

#86608, "Awww, thats too bad."
In response to Reply #2

I really liked Ilobe, though everyone in the Fortress tried to make Baog feel at home you seemed to put extra effort into doing so and I really appreciated it. You were a fine demure counterpart to Dupmasione and I thought you two played off each other well. Really is too bad you deleted. Fort can always use more acolytes, even if it is only once a week. Now a leader spot, yes, delete or abdicate your position.

GLWYN

--Baog aka Quezzumpliet

SplntrdWed 07-Oct-09 12:40 AM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86609, "Why is it..."
In response to Reply #2

you always wait about a month and half after you decide you don't like playing a character anymore to delete? Is it because you're a girl?

Splntrd

Ilobe (Guest)Wed 07-Oct-09 06:12 PM

#86617, "RE: Why is it..."
In response to Reply #4

omg, stfu.

Really, though. If there was anything I didn't like earlier on in the character's life, it was cabal warfare because it takes some getting used to (especially when you're a perma-Herald, but you'd know all about that) and I found it taxing oftentimes. After I got used to that, I actually started enjoying it and sometimes would even find myself hoping for a raid.

Dupmasione (Guest)Wed 07-Oct-09 11:35 AM

#86612, "RE: Light be with you and rest well!"
In response to Reply #2

>I've never put so many role entries into one character, but
>there were times when I could not log off without having
>something to write about, and most of that was thanks to
>Dupmasione. You're a riot, and you should know that most of
>the time I was interacting with you, I kept hearing that
>little 'ah ah ah' sound byte from Jurassic Park (you know, the
>one that plays when they try to hack into Dennis' computer,
>and if you don't for the love of god go watch that movie)
>playing the back of my mind. So, yeah, there. Thanks for all
>the good times.

Bleh on you for fading out like that, but thanks for the great interactions for hundreds of hours. Can't really ask for anything more than the RP we had (hell, you stuck it out as Scribe healer for way longer than I ever could). And hey, new char development now for me, so it's all good.

I thought the way you handled everything between us was perfect. A great dynamic there. I did have to laugh when someone on the newbie channel was asking how two people can have the same last name when it is an obvious perma.

I don't really get why "ah ah ah" was in your head - are you saying that's what Ilobe was thinking each time Dupmasione made (yet another) advance on you? And yes I know the sound byte you're talking about.

Good luck with whatever is next!

Ilobe (Guest)Wed 07-Oct-09 06:15 PM

#86618, "RE: Light be with you and rest well!"
In response to Reply #5

>I don't really get why "ah ah ah" was in your head - are you
>saying that's what Ilobe was thinking each time Dupmasione
>made (yet another) advance on you? And yes I know the sound
>byte you're talking about.

Yeah, pretty much. It's been cracking me up for a couple hundred hours. I thought I'd share. Thanks again, though; interacting with characters like yours really makes the CF experience a rewarding one for me.

Lorn (Guest)Fri 09-Oct-09 12:09 PM

#86652, "RE: Light be with you and rest well!"
In response to Reply #2

I was very happy to have you around to help with the work load, for sure! Being the only healer is quite demanding (though, still very, very fun) You were also a cute character that kept things light. No pun intended.

IunnaSun 11-Oct-09 09:27 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86674, "RE: Light be with you and rest well!"
In response to Reply #2

I'm glad you finally came out of your shell, in a number of ways. :p

Does this mean we can expect something new and exciting next?

Balten (Guest)Tue 06-Oct-09 07:27 AM

#86604, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ilobe Dupree the Affirmation o..."
In response to Reply #0

You were a damn fine healer. I once told Frorania I was so impressed with you I should just give you my job now and save everyone the trouble of coming to the same conclusion.

Good luck with whatever is next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #86602 Previous topic | Next topic