Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Arianzae the Kaiden" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #86074
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 17-Sep-09 11:48 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86074, "(DELETED) [SCION] Arianzae the Kaiden"

Thu Sep 17 23:44:39 2009

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Arianzae perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:assassin
Level:49
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:191

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply So much for that, Arianzae (Guest), 18-Sep-09 12:21 AM, #1
     Reply FWIW, Shyrauk (Guest), 18-Sep-09 01:30 AM, #2
     Reply I liked Arianzae,., khalla (Guest), 18-Sep-09 01:59 AM, #3
     Reply I liked you too, Arianzae (Guest), 18-Sep-09 02:06 PM, #5
     Reply I really dug this character too, Guy (Guest), 18-Sep-09 08:11 AM, #4
     Reply RE: So much for that, Bambizlo (Guest), 18-Sep-09 02:51 PM, #6
     Reply You know, reading your comment..., Magus_Guest (Guest), 18-Sep-09 03:40 PM, #7
          Reply RE: You know, reading your comment..., Isildur, 18-Sep-09 05:19 PM, #9
               Reply That was my big problem, Arianzae (Guest), 18-Sep-09 07:05 PM, #10
                    Reply It's a lose/lose., wareagle, 18-Sep-09 08:48 PM, #11
     Reply I liked you., Lornis (Guest), 18-Sep-09 04:49 PM, #8

Arianzae (Guest)Fri 18-Sep-09 12:21 AM

#86075, "So much for that"
In response to Reply #0

After a hiatus of about 3 years, I decided to play CF again. I resisted playing the few classes that I'm really good with, and decided that since I was relearning CF I might as well give a new class a try.

It was probably a mistake to try an 800 penalty combo on my "maiden" voyage with CF, but the combo always intrigued me so I thought I'd give it a go. I did all right in the mid-ranks, but once I hit hero I think I became the pk padding char. I learned a lot with this char, but I don't think I'd ever go d-elf/assassin again, simply because of the PK range. I didn't mind having chars way above me in level, but having so few below me really cut down on pk targets that might have been more managable. Anyways, on to the few goodbyes that I have.

Scion: I kind of hated this cabal. I've had a lot of Scions in the past and they've been some of my favorite characters, but the cabal just seems really directionless right now, and it kind of reminds me of the waning days of Masters, where all people cared about was running around EQ gathering. There was such little RP, and there didn't seem to be many defined goals within the chasm. And I think I saw a vis scion imm like once. However, with all of that being said...

Lornis: I think you're a good leader and you're doing a good job. Good induction session, and you don't pull the trigger too quickly for inductions, which I like. Made me earn it, and I appreciate it.

Frismund: I liked you a lot. I liked how you snapped at me when I unintentionally disrespected you. I feel like a lot of people would have just let it slide so as to not rock the boat, but it was totally nescessary on your behalf, and I liked being scolded.

Bambizlo: You're a skilled pker with great game knowledge, but that's about it. Your gear revolving powergamey attitude with absolutely 0 rp thrown in always left a sour taste in my mouth.

Salkivak: The Hell experience was the most childish and stupid waste of time I've ever spent on CF. I liked you before that, but that tantrum you pulled was NOT RP related. That was just stupid.

Fortress: I honestly don't know how you all can huddle inside the fortress with ridiculous numbers waiting for a single attacker, and think that to be a fun CF experience. That being said, thanks for leaving me my gear 90% of the time, I would have probably deleted earlier if I consistantly came back to empty corpses. And I think I probably got more RP from you guys than from my own cabal.

Dupmasione: You were all right. Wrath owned me. Whatever.

Grumbol: You always got the best of me.

Empire: Was either feast or famine with you guys. Either completely dominant or totally non-existant.

Tarleton: I think I could count on 1 finger the amount of times I saw you around without the dreadlord.

Outlanders: Didn't really interact with any of you, except for the few of you that I tricked in the lower ranks and got you to rank me.

To that Outlander shifter who will remain nameless... Really really lame that you swooped down to my corpse after I died to marans outside the fortress and you ganked my spike-toed boots. Seriously? What outlander can use those, let alone a shifter? Come on man, lame.

This was a horrible experiment, and a horrible return to CF. But I think I'm going to play another class that I've never played before just because the learning experience is great.

Later

Shyrauk (Guest)Fri 18-Sep-09 01:30 AM

#86076, "FWIW"
In response to Reply #1

Didn't get to interact with you at all really, though at least in my opinion most any/every person who tackles hero ranking a dark elf assassin usually automatically gains a sly bastard earmark, for managing to do it in the first place.

Yes, Bambizlo's KungFu/RP was relatively weak. From outward appearance, it also seems like the majority of cabals are kind of only so so these days. Obviously my perspective is limited, with respect to any but my own, but the only one that kind of shines even a little from outside is the Nexus cabal.

With respect to that Outlander. If it's any consolation, evidently that's his modus operandi. Really smacks of that one Vindictor who had the penchant for flying around looting whoever happened to die. I'll add more about this when I croak.

Nice work tackling a dark elf assassin and GLWYN!

khalla (Guest)Fri 18-Sep-09 01:59 AM

#86078, "I liked Arianzae,."
In response to Reply #1

I couldn't initially decide if I wanted to give you a hard time or not, but for some reason our characters sort of clicked so things took their course.

I was hoping to find out more about the whole "the sisters" thing or whatnot that you had going-- maybe I'm misquoting but that was pretty intriguing. Hopefully we'll get to see your PBF.

It seemed like you were doing well though. Hope you have fun with your next.

Arianzae (Guest)Fri 18-Sep-09 02:06 PM

#86089, "I liked you too"
In response to Reply #3

On the few occasions where we were able to talk extensively I was practically begging you for tips and tricks that I could use, since I was somewhat desperate at the time. But drow on drow rp doesn't exactly make for the most open of info sharing situations.

Guy (Guest)Fri 18-Sep-09 08:11 AM

#86082, "I really dug this character too"
In response to Reply #1

Never got to fight you, but I helped you rank a good bit.

And as for the spike toed boots thief, thats Crafted. That shifter had 2 pairs of spike toed boots, and some other stuff, yah what a tool right?

Glad to have you back and CFing? Now pad my ratio!

Bambizlo (Guest)Fri 18-Sep-09 02:51 PM

#86090, "RE: So much for that"
In response to Reply #1

I disliked you, simply because I felt you were useless. You'd run into a situation and be dead in under five seconds, every time you did something I found myself thinking, wtf is she doing? You should try a combo that isn't so difficult next time, and if you play an assassin again make more use of assassinate. Not once did I see or hear of you pulling off an assassinate, though many times seen you run in to be killed by two wraths from dupmasione, it was pathetic. Scion is extremely difficult for non magi, I hope you pick a little easier combo next. Your rp on the otherhand was good, I liked it. Try something easier next to get back into the flow of things and I think you'll be alright.

Magus_Guest (Guest)Fri 18-Sep-09 03:40 PM

#86093, "You know, reading your comment..."
In response to Reply #6

Initially made me think, geez, what an arrogant prick. But actually, if you take what you're saying as critical/constructive criticism, you're absolutely right.

As someone who was forced to occasionally fight Arianzee, I never really felt threatened by their presence, either in melee or by assassination. And a good assassin has a presence where you're always questioning things while they're logged in.

I think if this player tried another assassin, they'd probably pull it off a lot better. Especially if they picked human. They have the best stats of any assassin race, in my opinion of course.

IsildurFri 18-Sep-09 05:19 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86095, "RE: You know, reading your comment..."
In response to Reply #7

Human assassin still probably dies to Dupmasione in two wraths just like Arianzae did.

Key thing I think he could stand to learn is how to better choose his fights. With the understanding that some fights you're just going to decline.

Dying in a cabal defense or raid every once in a while shows you're not afraid to take reasonable risks.

Dying in cabal defenses or raids all the time means...you're not able to accurately assess risk.

Arianzae (Guest)Fri 18-Sep-09 07:05 PM

#86099, "That was my big problem"
In response to Reply #9

I didn't lose my chasing instinct after such a long absense, but I lost a lot of my survivability instinct (I died a freakish amount of mob deaths. Just not running when I should have run, and gambling on a good kote/kans when I should have played it more straight up.

wareagleFri 18-Sep-09 08:48 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2007
201 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86101, "It's a lose/lose."
In response to Reply #10

I know nothing about your character.

But I can assume your circumstances.

You put up a fight, you died like you did.

You don't, and the playerbase chastises you.

Some sort of rationality should apply to what you, again I can only assume, dealt with.

I played a character that just got raided over and over again by combinations that I could do -nothing- against. I tried sometimes, but fell back fast to avoid death. I was then told I wasn't doing enough blah blah blah. Low and behold, I defend raids to the death. Now, I'm just an idiot.

Playing a cabal with they are not in power sucks unless you've a character that can either hit/run retrieve or defend brusing up ONE of the raiders...

Lornis (Guest)Fri 18-Sep-09 04:49 PM

#86094, "I liked you."
In response to Reply #1

I thought you provided me with one of my coolest opportunities for a fun induction. Scion shouldn't be easy to get into, and I don't think, despite what bambizlo thinks, that I have made it simple to get in. Very few have made it in without going through a number of steps, and I'm fine with that. I wish you had been around more, but I under not liking the combo. Come back with something strong and hopefully you will hvae a lot of fun. Scion is definitely not a great cabal to "try things out" in. Most of the time we are very much the underdog and hunted by many. Hard to "comeback" in that kind of situation in most cases. Good job though, and I'll miss the sisters.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #86074 Previous topic | Next topic