Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Dakazhul Rah-Zhul the Warlord of the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #86025
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 16-Sep-09 01:28 AM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17212 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86025, "(CON LOSS) [None] Dakazhul Rah-Zhul the Warlord of the Grinning Skulls"

Wed Sep 16 01:27:02 2009

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Dakazhul perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:231

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Dakazhul Rah-Zhul the Warlord of ..., Lorn (Guest), 18-Sep-09 10:45 PM, #24
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Dakazhul Rah-Zhul the Warlord of ..., HammerSong, 18-Sep-09 06:55 PM, #23
Reply Tough chief, Artenno (Guest), 16-Sep-09 05:16 PM, #20
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Dakazhul Rah-Zhul the Warlord of ..., Tangni (Guest), 16-Sep-09 02:24 PM, #18
Reply I was in the process of a delete when you attacked me s..., Dakazhul (Guest), 16-Sep-09 02:27 PM, #19
Reply Thror & Grobbak I'd like to personally thank you guys f..., Dakazhul (Guest), 16-Sep-09 01:03 PM, #14
Reply You rocked. NT, Pleebert (Guest), 16-Sep-09 12:59 PM, #12
Reply We had a bunch of good fights...., Arrna (Guest), 16-Sep-09 10:23 AM, #4
Reply RE: We had a bunch of good fights...., Dakazhul (Guest), 16-Sep-09 10:48 AM, #5
Reply Dakazhul Rah-Zhul the Iron Axe of the Horde, Dakazhul (Guest), 16-Sep-09 01:39 AM, #1
     Reply I'll miss the fun we had., Lornis (Guest), 16-Sep-09 07:13 AM, #2
     Reply RE: I'll miss the fun we had., Dakazhul (Guest), 16-Sep-09 10:54 AM, #6
     Reply So long chief, Kalisda (Guest), 16-Sep-09 08:01 AM, #3
     Reply That perma spinebreak/trample death was awesome., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 16-Sep-09 11:06 AM, #7
     Reply RE: That perma spinebreak/trample death was awesome., Dakazhul (Guest), 16-Sep-09 11:11 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Dakazhul Rah-Zhul the Iron Axe of the Horde, Malakhi (Guest), 16-Sep-09 12:39 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Dakazhul Rah-Zhul the Iron Axe of the Horde, Dakazhul (Guest), 16-Sep-09 12:52 PM, #11
     Reply I'd agree with Malakhi (of course), Ghrummin (Guest), 16-Sep-09 01:07 PM, #15
     Reply The bug, Malakhi (Guest), 16-Sep-09 01:07 PM, #16
          Reply That particular stun lasted 3 hours, 4 if you cound the..., Dakazhul (Guest), 16-Sep-09 01:48 PM, #17
               Reply Well, I do not have a log, Malakhi (Guest), 16-Sep-09 05:30 PM, #21
                    Reply That's 4 hours, on the 5th spinebreak and thirst ends I..., Dakazhul (Guest), 16-Sep-09 07:57 PM, #22
     Reply Wait do you really think bloodthirsted ragers should be..., HopelessD (Guest), 16-Sep-09 01:01 PM, #13
     Reply Bravo~, Torak, 16-Sep-09 12:42 PM, #10

Lorn (Guest)Fri 18-Sep-09 10:45 PM

#86105, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Dakazhul Rah-Zhul the Warlord of ..."
In response to Reply #0

I remember I would gate in so many times to free up a spinebroken ally or heal this or that, it got to the point where you would just see me, and sigh. You wouldn't even attack me, just...sigh. I loved it! Very well played orc, though not just all, "Me dum orc, like elfie blood" You put a touch of intelligence to your orc, giving him a facet that, for me, worked well to make RPing with you quite enjoyable.

HammerSongFri 18-Sep-09 06:55 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86096, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Dakazhul Rah-Zhul the Warlord of ..."
In response to Reply #0

Very well played Orc. There were a number of battles I watched which left me in complete pity for the Orc class and you in particular.

However, there were also some battles I saw you in which made me feel like the Orc class needed very little love and attention. It's a shame Orcs are meatshields in most instances. Please know that Grobbak and others are making efforts to review the class.

Thror's relationship with Dakazhul was one which he saw an Orc living out his religion. You went through some tremendous trials and each time I thought you would be broken, you came back stronger and more determined. There were several interactions I tried to have with you (that I guess I didn't communicate well) to help you get Sapper-Trained. Thankfully, you (and other orcs) were able to take advantage of my interactions by getting some edge loving.

Great job, best wishes on the next.

Artenno (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 05:16 PM

#86056, "Tough chief"
In response to Reply #0

The chief is dead, hail to the chief! Will miss ya!

Tangni (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 02:24 PM

#86052, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Dakazhul Rah-Zhul the Warlord of ..."
In response to Reply #0

Some really good long fights, I hated how you decided to con die though, you had me fighting you in orc village, so you Spine break me, and run and die to Tremblefist to blow your last death instead... with you at like 5-10% could have died in combat!

Dakazhul (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 02:27 PM

#86053, "I was in the process of a delete when you attacked me s..."
In response to Reply #18

Since I didn't want a rage delete, I had to come back and die like three more times I ended up going down fighting because of you.

Dakazhul (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 01:03 PM

#86048, "Thror & Grobbak I'd like to personally thank you guys f..."
In response to Reply #0

Enlilth that was also very awesome when you told me to go get you an elf head I did and had some great interactions with you.

These guys have needed some Imm help for a long time coming since Thrak left and I truly appreciate you guys helping them out. Awesome.

Pleebert (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 12:59 PM

#86046, "You rocked. NT"
In response to Reply #0

You did. I just wish you were around more often. You were a great catalyst, though - The moment you signed on it was "LOL WUT CABAL ITEM WE GETTIN NOW"

Arrna (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 10:23 AM

#86037, "We had a bunch of good fights...."
In response to Reply #0

... and a bunch of bad ones too. But it's hard for a Maran not to kill the orc they run by when they can. I remember at least 4 gangings when we were heading to the scions or empire to raid and we saw you on some road and it was summon/bash/dead.

Though, when we did fight one vs one early on, it was a good fight. You killed me 3-4 times I think. But then, for some reason (gear perhaps?) I started beating you in 1vs1 too. I even beat you that time on eastern when you had sanc. (But I think you were crippled from some fight earlier, even though at full health.)

Anyways, good orc, I liked your last one too. I've been both allied and enemy of Alzinghul.

Keep it up! (And yeah, orcs have it real rough )

Dakazhul (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 10:48 AM

#86038, "RE: We had a bunch of good fights...."
In response to Reply #4

I was going to wait till you died to let you know that 2 of the times that I got you was because I had myself hasted before we fought, and you would have been killed by the duo'ed transmuter even if you had gotten me its not above an orc to use bastardly tactics like that. The other time was lucky horde killing it was one of those everything went right for the orc moments, I hit a hack and then a spinebreak after you drove me, healed and brought the horde to start combat and bash it after. Good times, you've got to be dead pretty soon.

Dakazhul (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 01:39 AM

#86026, "Dakazhul Rah-Zhul the Iron Axe of the Horde"
In response to Reply #0

Its funny how different each character is even if you make out a character that is almost identical to your last. I've been playing Orcs for the last three years since thier implementation and have had my ups and downs with the class. I started my carrionfields career as a thief so my transition to orc was pretty smooth, as many of you noticed now that you have tried an orc it isn't a warrior its more of a bashing thief that can only hide in certain areas.

Alzinghul was successful for the most part because of the allies that he had throughout his lifetime, team evil was on the upswing but there wasn't uber liches running around until the end of his tenure. For Dakazhul there was a complete change of playerbase and the swing was awful for him. I can be sure that I died to fort gangs more than anyone else partly because orcs are an easy target.

I'm not going to rant and rave about the things that need to be fixed for orcs to be viable. Alzinghul didn't use sip, Dakazhul found out about it for about 1 week and yeah it was awesome, yeah it was a bug, and yeah we abused the hell out of it. It didn't make us overpowered what it did was make paladins go jesus did I just use half my mana on that orc instead of 3 wraths.

Anyways I really wanted for the last 2 years to take Thrakburzug's place after he left and help out the poor orcs who were getting their asses handed to them. I tried with both my chieftains and alas it wasn't to be, but with Grobbak there now it means I can move onto something else.

If you've got a shout out I appreciate it, see you in the fields.

Brian
Alzinghul and his merry band of Orc Chieftains.

Lornis (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 07:13 AM

#86032, "I'll miss the fun we had."
In response to Reply #1

Man o man could you guys sometimes really change the course of a day for me. I appreciated all the help you guys gave and I tried to protect you some. (Maybe thats where I'm "too nice") I sure did watch you guys die a lot though, but I think you always knew the danger going in and wanted to have some fun anyway. Oh well...I think you do great as an orc, keep it up.

Dakazhul (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 10:54 AM

#86039, "RE: I'll miss the fun we had."
In response to Reply #2

I'm going to stand by my opinion that Orcs are one of the best "support" classes in the game. If they are a mamlauk you can drop a dual wield or shield and their lagging with bash savage cheapshot is far and away the most reliable lag sans neuro on a low-int (ie: orc) without saves. Bleed Thera under the Iron axe of the Horde!

Kalisda (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 08:01 AM

#86033, "So long chief"
In response to Reply #1

I liked you as the chief, both this one and Alzinghul (he killed one or two of my priors) I liked how you looked past that one fiending and that we actually started to get along to a small degree due to a mutual dislike for a dwarf. When I'm gone I'll explain my character a bit and hopefully it will make some sense, but thanks for the fun and for not making my demise come about even quicker since opening bash = dead bard most times in a solo fight.

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 11:06 AM

#86040, "That perma spinebreak/trample death was awesome."
In response to Reply #1

So dastardly.

Good job. I felt bad for you. Orcs have it rough. Remember when you hack leg'd me and I killed you (with the horde) before your lag wore off? Poor orcs

Dakazhul (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 11:11 AM

#86041, "RE: That perma spinebreak/trample death was awesome."
In response to Reply #7

This to be honest was the highlight of my character. I thought to myself this should work if RNG doesn't screw me in the ass. So everyone understands what happened a lion attacks me which with haste on an orcs defenses = death 99% of the time.

I spinebroke healed a bit with blood skins and waited 2 hours for spinebreak to almost wear off, then I trampled which is 2.1 rounds a lag if you're lucky and hit another spinebreak. His protections and bash protection wore off, I trampled and bashed and he died, he had no command imputs the entire time. It was amazing and lucky... done right orcs can be (semi) deadly.

Malakhi (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 12:39 PM

#86043, "RE: Dakazhul Rah-Zhul the Iron Axe of the Horde"
In response to Reply #1

I was pretty pissed that time you and an AP ganked/fulled me with that spinebreak/bloodthirst bug. I thought it was obviously a bug that you intentionally exploited. But I haven't seen any updates on the bug board so maybe I am wrong. That would be a pretty stupid "feature" of spinebreak if I am wrong, though.

Also, now knowing you played Alz, I think it's weak that you fed into the OOC bashing of ragers for "ganging orcs because they're easy prey" when we both know who kept the rager/orc war going on for so long.

But that said, really good job with an entertaining and powerful character. I look forward to bumping heads with your next.

Dakazhul (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 12:52 PM

#86045, "RE: Dakazhul Rah-Zhul the Iron Axe of the Horde"
In response to Reply #9

It isn't a bug, it is a feature of spinebreak actually. One of the only saving graces of Orcs actually, amazingly under rated skill which can be countered by almost anyone sans ragers actually.

Yes I continued the rager war but I wasn't completely lying that we get hunted by villagers because they are easy prey, its mostly that we hang with our only allies (scions, imperials) we would fight with villagers if they'd have us but that isn't that nature of the cabal so it pretty much means if you don't fight with us we'll find someone who will and they happen to fight you. I dunno, I got mostly trounced by ragers with Dakazhul besides the few lucky kills with hack. It wasn't a full loot, partial loot maybe but I wore all your gear I could have sworn you were going to get it back that login anyways.

With Zizzle and Alz we slaughtered the village, it gave me pause not having a transmuter showing me how underpowered orcs are.

Ghrummin (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 01:07 PM

#86049, "I'd agree with Malakhi (of course)"
In response to Reply #11

I'd have to agree with Malakhi here.

We got into a rather heated discussion about this.

Yes, you have more history with the war then I do - it may be that the person who 'started' the war were ragers by ganking orcs. In that instance, you may be saying the truth (it's a question did the chicken come first or the egg)?

But, as I'll reiterate, Ghrummin came up with retrieving the head from the orcs. It's hard to refute that based on this, the orcs are not the enemy, not to mention that Ghrummin came up with the impression that the village was at war with orcs.

I certainly didn't try to stop the war, but neither did the orcs.

I think part of your argument didn't really meet merit because it came through your vast experience against the village as an orc - thus, you lived through it, and with this character, it got to you and you compounded it.

There are always two sides to everything.

Anyways, good luck with your next.

Malakhi (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 01:07 PM

#86050, "The bug"
In response to Reply #11

>It isn't a bug, it is a feature of spinebreak actually. One
>of the only saving graces of Orcs actually, amazingly under
>rated skill which can be countered by almost anyone sans
>ragers actually.
>

So we're on the same page, I am talking about spinebreaker stunning ragers until bloodthirst wears off and fatigue sets in. In that fight, the stun lasted at least 8 hours.

I bug boarded this probably 2-3 months ago (whenever it happened) and haven't seen any response to my post so I am *somewhat* open to the idea this could be intentional. But I would be surprised if that is the case. Are we talking about the same thing?

Dakazhul (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 01:48 PM

#86051, "That particular stun lasted 3 hours, 4 if you cound the..."
In response to Reply #16

You can't count hours because "You're too stunned to do that" I've had villagers last out shorter spinebreaks and proceed to continue raping me in 1-2 rounds and flurry me dead. So it there isn't a bug specific to thirst and spinebreak.

Malakhi (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 05:30 PM

#86057, "Well, I do not have a log"
In response to Reply #17

But spinebreaker did last at least 8 hours, and ended without notice immediately when thirst wore off. Below is a log of you doing it to another battlerager, Charunycain, where spinebreaker lasted 5 hours (10-3). Again, it lasted until thirst wore off:

qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?3,643194,643194#msg-643194

And FYI when you are the spinebroken victim, you can count hours because your prompt displays them when you get the "You're too stunned to do that" message. I think the bug IS specific to thirst and spinebreak because of how thirst interacts with (suspends) other maledictions. I have a feeling that thirst suspends the stun indefinitely until fatigue hits. Which would explain why you do not receive a message that you've recovered from the spinebreaker. You simply stop thirsting and receive the message for fatigue, and then you can move again.

Regardless, my bad for saying you intentionally exploited it. Looking over your responses, you probably didn't realize so many hours had passed.

Dakazhul (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 07:57 PM

#86061, "That's 4 hours, on the 5th spinebreak and thirst ends I..."
In response to Reply #21

It's possible that he came out of spinebreak and thirst on the same hour considering I was waiting for that echo. I'm not sure though... you might be right, but I know for a fact I've had thirst outlast some of my spinebreaks and kill me.

HopelessD (Guest)Wed 16-Sep-09 01:01 PM

#86047, "Wait do you really think bloodthirsted ragers should be..."
In response to Reply #9

asdf

TorakWed 16-Sep-09 12:42 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86044, "Bravo~"
In response to Reply #1

~

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #86025 Previous topic | Next topic