Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Abzyn the Druid of Stone" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #85783
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 08-Sep-09 09:12 AM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85783, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Abzyn the Druid of Stone"

Tue Sep 8 09:08:56 2009

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Abzyn perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:druid
Level:43
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:83

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Mostly for Daev & Iunna, but other opinions welcome, Abzyn (Guest), 12-Sep-09 02:30 PM, #5
Reply RE: Mostly for Daev & Iunna, but other opinions welcome, Daevryn, 12-Sep-09 02:40 PM, #6
Reply Goodbye!, randomtheenker (Guest), 08-Sep-09 09:45 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Goodbye!, Bambizlo (Guest), 08-Sep-09 03:33 PM, #2
     Reply RE: nexus druid, Abzyn (Guest), 08-Sep-09 04:23 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Goodbye!, Rhyaldrin (Guest), 08-Sep-09 05:43 PM, #4

Abzyn (Guest)Sat 12-Sep-09 02:30 PM

#85920, "Mostly for Daev & Iunna, but other opinions welcome"
In response to Reply #0

Hey, just read my pbf comments. Thanks for making them, I appreciate the feedback.

I agree that I had trouble with being a druid and being nexus. I can see why grouping with empire looks icky, but what is a nexus druid to do in that situation? In my defense I did kill a few empire people and my later role entries were getting anti-empire.

But basically I'm just curious what you think a nexus druid should do in a situation where chaos dominates and order needs help? Or is a nexus druid hard to 'balance'? (hah)

Thanks.

DaevrynSat 12-Sep-09 02:40 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85922, "RE: Mostly for Daev & Iunna, but other opinions welcome"
In response to Reply #5

It depends on your role, and I think it's a hard line to walk. I've played Nexus druid and I'm not sure I did any better than you.

In my opinion, a druid's role/concept/RP has to be about nature in some way, or you should've picked a different class, and most of the concepts I can think of going that way shouldn't love at least some of Tribunal/Empire/Scion/etc. depending on your take on it.

On the other hand, yeah, Nexus guy should be fixing the balance, and maybe that means that depending on the situation you should be wanting to be creative or finding something to do that other Nexus wouldn't.

randomtheenker (Guest)Tue 08-Sep-09 09:45 AM

#85785, "Goodbye!"
In response to Reply #0

Lots of firsts for me here: first druid, first nexun, first time interacting with Iunna. I did a lot of stupid #### (Abzyn's personality was prone to do first think later, but I can't blame it all on that ) and hopefully a couple of cool things.

On the druid class... pure awesomeness. It takes a lot of work/experimentation/observation but damn it's a fun ride. I can confidently say that I barely scratched the surface. It's hard, though, keeping track of all your sups and everything else.

Nexus is an interesting cabal for sure. I liked it a lot at first, eventually grew tired of balance shifts. I think this could maybe be improved, but I don't have any suggestions how so I'll shut up. Ok on to goodbyes.

Iunna: thanks for everything. I had fun interacting with you, though I seemed not to catch you much. Me, Kohrzeck, and you was really fun. Kohr, I used your death as a fun RP point. Some good came of it at least. I was never sure you liked me much... but Abzyn wasn't worried.

Nexus: Loved you all, until you deleted. Bik, you rock, log on more. Iza, we had some good times. Rhyaldrin, you're fun to be around. Induct some more people.

Faeghn, gosh we had some rivalry in the midranks. Don't think I ever did get you.

Wormell, loved your spirit buddy. Keep it up.

Bambizlo, you're a ####in truck. I was damn proud of getting you that one time. Also I always called you Bambi.

Nesh, I liked you, keep working on that plan we talked about...

Random people I transmuted for: Find a new woodmaker. I probably shouldn't have been helping people potentially damage me more anyway...

People I forgot: I probably liked you cause the overall experience with this char was great.

-rt

Bambizlo (Guest)Tue 08-Sep-09 03:33 PM

#85797, "RE: Goodbye!"
In response to Reply #1

Yeah that time you got me I just was being stupid underestimating you and wasn't watching my mana, drained myself completely =p. I wish I'd of known you were nexun, I'd of used you =P.

Abzyn (Guest)Tue 08-Sep-09 04:23 PM

#85799, "RE: nexus druid"
In response to Reply #2

Being nexus as a w-elf druid had its ups and downs. I like Nexus powers (vanguard ftw) but the druid class feels almost incomplete without camo. Also I had a lot of fights with "traditional" druid enemies that I didn't need (or want) to have because they didn't know I was nexus -- so I tried to publicize this. Thought it was pretty well known near the end, but I guess not

Fun fights.

Rhyaldrin (Guest)Tue 08-Sep-09 05:43 PM

#85803, "RE: Goodbye!"
In response to Reply #1

I had high hopes for you (and Iz for that matter). Sad to see you go. I know it's been rough the last few weeks, I've been inducting most every applicant that can rp and has a decent grasp on things, the problem comes from the fact that I'm on 2-3 hours a day (usually) and I see zero applicants. Things will turn around though, they always do.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #85783 Previous topic | Next topic