Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Srithra CarrionEater the Chieftain of..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #85774
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 07-Sep-09 11:28 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17212 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85774, "(CON LOSS) [None] Srithra CarrionEater the Chieftain of the Grinning Skulls, Mergulla's Meat Tenderizer"

Mon Sep 7 23:24:39 2009

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Srithra perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:155

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes, such as they are..., Tac, 08-Sep-09 09:04 AM, #5
Reply RE: Goodbyes, such as they are..., Balten (Guest), 08-Sep-09 09:20 AM, #6
Reply RE: Goodbyes, such as they are..., Tangni (Guest), 08-Sep-09 09:48 AM, #7
Reply felt real bad for you, jhyrb (Guest), 08-Sep-09 10:07 AM, #8
Reply You really confused me, Mergulla, 08-Sep-09 11:17 AM, #9
Reply I think you were looking too deeply....., Tac, 08-Sep-09 11:47 AM, #10
Reply Didn't really know much about you., Lornis (Guest), 08-Sep-09 12:03 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Didn't really know much about you., Tac, 08-Sep-09 12:16 PM, #12
     Reply Take care chief., Kalisda (Guest), 08-Sep-09 12:22 PM, #13
Reply You were tough., RobDarken_ (Guest), 08-Sep-09 03:35 AM, #3
Reply Enjoyed our fights, and I liked your RP., Arrna (Guest), 08-Sep-09 02:48 AM, #2
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Srithra CarrionEater the Chieftai..., Huk (Guest), 07-Sep-09 11:40 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Srithra CarrionEater the Chieftai..., Isildur, 08-Sep-09 08:06 AM, #4
          Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Srithra CarrionEater the Chieftai..., Huk (Guest), 08-Sep-09 03:26 PM, #14

TacTue 08-Sep-09 09:04 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85782, "Goodbyes, such as they are..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry for wasting your time Iunna, but the will left me this weekend. I'll try again some other time.

Mergulla, you were pretty awesome, but involving a character that plays once a week (at best) as far as I can tell wasn't what I was trying to do. Oh well.

Baerinika, please stop handing out the pounce tattoo like candy at halloween.

Enemies: I killed a lot of you at lower ranks, so presumably you were getting your revenge later, but god damn do orcs suck at hero, doubly so after the sip "fix".

Tangni: Air/Offense shifter is a crappy matchup for an orc, and in the end I couldn't even give you a good fight, though I hope we had some good ones before that.

Orc Village: My number #1 enemy. This is a crappy crappy hometown (no healer, no pills, no potions) and an even worse cabal HQ. It could burn to the ground or be swallowed by the earth and I wouldn't shed a tear. Hopefully my death curse on Tremblefist will haunt the lands until it is fixed or just plain goes away.

Dakazhul: Didn't think much of you as chief, but I did feel bad squelching you. If I could have undone it, I would have, but I never got the chance.

Pleebert: Funny, but running around attacking everything you see will not make an orc more playable.

Village: The village/village war was #### to begin with, and remains so. I tried to end it, but I'm pretty sure all I did was piss of the scions.

Skuggra: Cower = second orc dodge (near as I can tell) with some FoA thrown in. That makes it just as useful as orc dodge. Take cover = spell evasion on a character without spellbane. Why would you use an area spell when you can just nuke them with targeted ones? Dirty fighting = triggers off of orc dodge... need I say more? Improved Flee = good for escaping all the pouncing elves, but will get you killed if you are blind.

Kegren: Taking the bash legacy just to deal with me was cute, but it sure did suck. When you had cursed weapons as well it meant I could do pretty literally nothing against you. I suppose I could have headbutt (why?) or crushing assault (to hasten the end) but it didn't seem worthwhile.

Anyone else wants to chime in feel free. I'm bitter and depressed (and not just because this character went downhill so fast as I neared hero range) right now, so don't expect anything nice, but I'll tell you what I think, and you can take that as you will.

Tac

Balten (Guest)Tue 08-Sep-09 09:20 AM

#85784, "RE: Goodbyes, such as they are..."
In response to Reply #5

When you were about you were noticed and taken seriously because when you had everything going on you were a serious badass.

I have major respect for anyone who seriously tries to play a competent orc, especially at hero range, because it looks about as fun to me as repeatedly slamming your head in a door for several hours. At least you tried and has some successes.

Good luck with your next.

Tangni (Guest)Tue 08-Sep-09 09:48 AM

#85786, "RE: Goodbyes, such as they are..."
In response to Reply #5

I felt bad killing you in the end because it was So easy, that's why I tried to only kill you once a day if I was able, I couldnt completely leave you alone because it was bad RP as a sunwarden to ignore an orc. That one fight we had was EPIC, like 45 minutes real time for that whole log you posted, I didnt ask for any help in that one, and actually asked Hakdu not to come in, I told him that I was not leaving the orc village until one of the two of us was dead. You were a well played orc, and prior to the sip change could blow through my preps pretty good, I would try and underprep and conserve them knowing you would just spinebreak me over and over. But that fight was probably one of the most fun fights I've had with this char so far, it just went on and on and on. Well done. I always make jokes when I give your skin to Baerinika that you were more Mergulla's Tenderized Meat than Mergulla's Meat Tenderizer. It felt like a cheap pk when I killed you after the change, that's why I'd back off for a long time before messing with you again. I flew down and pecked you and flew off that one time yesterday because I wanted you to be able to pick your last fight, instead of dieing as an easy PK. Good luck with your next, I have a few warden spots open! And for everyone Tangni is a he, not a she.

jhyrb (Guest)Tue 08-Sep-09 10:07 AM

#85787, "felt real bad for you"
In response to Reply #5

I power levelled just so you'd have someone to get pked with , but without sip, it wouldn't have mattered. They should have left sip as it was until they figured out some other alternative instead of just nerfing all orcs beyond any sort of usefullness.

Cheers,
J

MergullaTue 08-Sep-09 11:17 AM
Member since 19th Mar 2009
51 posts
#85788, "You really confused me"
In response to Reply #5

I'm always a little ishy on out of sphere followers, though Mergulla was worming to the idea with you and Lornis running around. But then your role just absolutely baffled me. You started off like you wanted to follow me, but then you started talking about this sneak god thing instead (wooden snake god? Who knows) and I wasn't really sure what to do with you. I figured you'd come to me when you wanted something, and you did sometimes, but other than that I left you alone because I sort of thought that was what you wanted. Like I said, I was really confused. I probably don't spend enough time vis, but generally Merg is too lazy to make the effort. I am lurking around often though.

TacTue 08-Sep-09 11:47 AM
2050 posts
#85789, "I think you were looking too deeply....."
In response to Reply #9

Basically Srithra was just looking for someone to involve in his schemes... Srithra was never designed to be a follower (though he might have been had you existed when he was rolled) but rather you would be the patron deity of his external persona, as it were.

Srithra was trying to involve you in things I thought Mergulla would be interested in, but you just didn't seem to get it, or weren't interested. It isn't a big deal. The sneak god thing was essentially a made up god when you were essentially ignoring me.

Seriously though, candy... Halloween... booo!

Lornis (Guest)Tue 08-Sep-09 12:03 PM

#85790, "Didn't really know much about you."
In response to Reply #5

I will say that I don't think many orcs respected how you took the chieftan spot. From an ooc perspective it was well done and very good. IC, Lornis didn't like it because he liked the war with the village and didn't understand why you would want to end it when the village was basically not able to tsand up to anything. I'd think that is exactly what an orc would want. Anyway, I still had determined to leave you be until you did something to a Scion. When you attacked one of us yesterday it was gloves off, though I'm not going to multi-kill most people, especially orcs. For the most part the orcs and I have gotten along for a long long time as I was able to witness an "immteraction" between a few of you. Anyway, except for the whole ending the war thing, I like the character and you lasted a long time.

Good luck.

TacTue 08-Sep-09 12:16 PM
2050 posts
#85792, "RE: Didn't really know much about you."
In response to Reply #11

>I will say that I don't think many orcs respected how you
>took the chieftan spot.

Faeghn was already there, trying to retreive, and I simply mentioned that if he wanted it ended, he should kill Dakazhul. He also struck me directly after the fight ended.

>From an ooc perspective it was well
>done and very good. IC, Lornis didn't like it because he
>liked the war with the village and didn't understand why you
>would want to end it when the village was basically not able
>to tsand up to anything.

Except orcs. Also, there isn't any real reason that orcs should be fighting the village. If I was a scion with ABS I'd like orcs to help be kill the village too, but then I would care how bad they got ####ed over when I wasn't on to take blows.

> I'd think that is exactly what an
>orc would want. Anyway, I still had determined to leave you
>be until you did something to a Scion. When you attacked one
>of us yesterday it was gloves off, though I'm not going to
>multi-kill most people, especially orcs.

Wasn't expecting a half-elf bard to be a scion... Getting my ass completely handed to me by Bambimbo was bad enough. I wasn't trying to bring the whole of scion onto my head. The idea was to have fewer enemies, not more.

>For the most part
>the orcs and I have gotten along for a long long time as I was
>able to witness an "immteraction" between a few of you.
>Anyway, except for the whole ending the war thing, I like the
>character and you lasted a long time.
>
>Good luck.

Kalisda (Guest)Tue 08-Sep-09 12:22 PM

#85793, "Take care chief."
In response to Reply #11

Sorry about that lullaby and ensuing death, about the only time I ever met you is when I saw you there in galadon which I guess was near the end. I didn't do anything initially cause I try my best to not mess with orcs unless they mess with me first, but I understand the appeal of bashing down a bard. Just happened to be the wrong one to go for at the moment I suppose.
I figured you would probably go for it though, cause thats what orcs do best and I don't think you knew anything about me. Plus bash equals death most of the time for bards if its landed. Got lucky you missed it and I managed to get a lullaby on you right after.

Take care and hope to see you back out there. Fields needs fun characters that like to mix it up.

RobDarken_ (Guest)Tue 08-Sep-09 03:35 AM

#85778, "You were tough."
In response to Reply #0

Never thought I would fear an Orc with both aura and shield up.

Arrna (Guest)Tue 08-Sep-09 02:48 AM

#85777, "Enjoyed our fights, and I liked your RP."
In response to Reply #0

Con-loss, well. Good work! You were quite nasty really.

Huk (Guest)Mon 07-Sep-09 11:40 PM

#85775, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Srithra CarrionEater the Chieftai..."
In response to Reply #0

No! Now who will chief?

Me? Okay.

You were a good fighter, always delivered some good hits to our foes of the Grinning Skulls(which was everyone on the WHO list).

I had fun when you were around with Pleebert, thanks again!

IsildurTue 08-Sep-09 08:06 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#85780, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Srithra CarrionEater the Chieftai..."
In response to Reply #1

>No! Now who will chief?

Bambizlo?

Ba-dum-bump.

Huk (Guest)Tue 08-Sep-09 03:26 PM

#85796, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Srithra CarrionEater the Chieftai..."
In response to Reply #4

Shhhhh.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #85774 Previous topic | Next topic