Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Bartis HammerHand the Observant Eyes..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #85627
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 02-Sep-09 09:08 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17212 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85627, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Bartis HammerHand the Observant Eyes of the Village, Drillmaster of Battle"

Wed Sep 2 21:06:08 2009

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Bartis perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:378

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply A proper villager., Drustrui (Guest), 07-Sep-09 06:23 AM, #30
Reply RE: A proper villager., Bartis (Guest), 07-Sep-09 04:53 PM, #31
Reply Very tough char - much respect., Sahel (Guest), 04-Sep-09 10:41 AM, #24
Reply RE: Very tough char - much respect., Bartis (Guest), 07-Sep-09 04:55 PM, #32
Reply Bartis, Tubnic (Guest), 04-Sep-09 12:16 AM, #22
Reply Nope, in fact I've never played any other mud than CF. ..., Bartis (Guest), 07-Sep-09 04:56 PM, #33
Reply Goodbyes and final thoughts, TJHuron, 02-Sep-09 10:42 PM, #3
Reply RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts, Susu (Guest), 02-Sep-09 11:03 PM, #4
Reply Thanks, susu, Bartis (Guest), 03-Sep-09 10:04 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Thanks, susu, Susu (Guest), 04-Sep-09 02:20 PM, #26
Reply RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts, Rhyaldrin (Guest), 02-Sep-09 11:51 PM, #5
Reply I wouldn't use that word!, Bartis (Guest), 03-Sep-09 10:01 PM, #14
Reply Bah!, Mardrin (Guest), 03-Sep-09 07:25 AM, #6
Reply RE: Bah!, Bartis (Guest), 03-Sep-09 10:08 PM, #16
     Reply None taken!, Mardrin (Guest), 04-Sep-09 08:56 AM, #23
Reply You were a model villager in my eyes, Artenno (Guest), 03-Sep-09 10:19 AM, #7
Reply RE: You were a model villager in my eyes, Bartis (Guest), 03-Sep-09 10:14 PM, #17
Reply RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts, N b M (Guest), 03-Sep-09 05:02 PM, #8
Reply RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts, Bartis (Guest), 03-Sep-09 09:58 PM, #13
Reply RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts, Isildur, 03-Sep-09 05:38 PM, #9
Reply Thank you very much, Bartis (Guest), 03-Sep-09 10:24 PM, #18
Reply You were such an amazing villager., Kyaltaru (Guest), 03-Sep-09 06:16 PM, #10
Reply RE: You were such an amazing villager., Isildur, 03-Sep-09 07:46 PM, #12
Reply RE: You were such an amazing villager., Bartis (Guest), 03-Sep-09 10:31 PM, #19
Reply You kicked my ass when I was Eterlu AND Pleebert., Batman (Anonymous), 03-Sep-09 07:19 PM, #11
Reply Maybe I would!, Bartis (Guest), 03-Sep-09 10:34 PM, #20
Reply Ah, Bartis., Ixy (Guest), 03-Sep-09 11:11 PM, #21
Reply RE: Ah, Bartis., Bartis (Guest), 07-Sep-09 04:57 PM, #34
Reply I really did like Bartis. :D, Arrna (Guest), 04-Sep-09 11:17 AM, #25
Reply RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts, Yean, 06-Sep-09 08:24 AM, #27
Reply RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts, HammerSong, 06-Sep-09 10:28 AM, #28
Reply RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts, Bartis (Guest), 07-Sep-09 05:05 PM, #35
Reply ah...such a good foe., Lornis (Guest), 06-Sep-09 10:31 PM, #29
Reply RE: ah...such a good foe., Bartis (Guest), 07-Sep-09 05:08 PM, #36
Reply RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts, Malakhi (Guest), 09-Sep-09 02:21 AM, #37
Reply you just had to go!, Quas (Guest), 02-Sep-09 09:44 PM, #1
     Reply RE: you just had to go!, Bartis (Guest), 02-Sep-09 10:14 PM, #2

Drustrui (Guest)Mon 07-Sep-09 06:23 AM

#85754, "A proper villager."
In response to Reply #0

Bartis was, as many people have already stated, an out and out proper villager. I was fortunate to have forms that rarely had to worry about you but from the few fights we had I could see that you would cause others a lot of grief. You took about 6-8 more rounds to get you to flee, compared to most.

Unlike many of the current crop of villagers I knew as soon as I saw you on the who list that you would come calling at the Chasm and that made for guaranteed fun, which is what CF is all about.

Thanks for making my time more enjoyable.

Drus

Bartis (Guest)Mon 07-Sep-09 04:53 PM

#85762, "RE: A proper villager."
In response to Reply #30

Thanks, we did have some good fights at the Chasm. You're right, that's what its all about! This game is all for good fun and I find it alot mor rewarding the more risks you take. Yeah you could die. But, if you win? The feeling is amazing. The only time that really makes you regret it is when you take on odds that put you at a disadvantage, you die and lose all or most of your crap.

Sahel (Guest)Fri 04-Sep-09 10:41 AM

#85697, "Very tough char - much respect."
In response to Reply #0

Man, for a svirf, you had a ton of dam redux. That coupled with the damage output really made it tough for me. I figured you had gates at our first (and only I guess) duel where you totally pwned me. From that point, I tried to catch you off-guard or try the hit and run sort of stuff. I burned through so many wands with you around! (Not that they did any good when you were "prepped")

Totally understand the time constraints. Hope to see your next char in the fields.

Bartis (Guest)Mon 07-Sep-09 04:55 PM

#85763, "RE: Very tough char - much respect."
In response to Reply #24

I thought our fights were pretty close! I remember one specifically where I had to thirst and barely came out alive. Great work and thanks for the great competition!

Tubnic (Guest)Fri 04-Sep-09 12:16 AM

#85685, "Bartis"
In response to Reply #0

I have to ask, do you use the name Bartis on other MUDs? There's a Star Wars one I play that had a Bartis a couple of years ago in the Empire, and I was just curious.

Bartis (Guest)Mon 07-Sep-09 04:56 PM

#85764, "Nope, in fact I've never played any other mud than CF. ..."
In response to Reply #22

nt

TJHuronWed 02-Sep-09 10:42 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85630, "Goodbyes and final thoughts"
In response to Reply #0

I didn't want to delete at all as I really wanted to take this character to con death. The last few weeks I really thought I was going to have more time to dedicate to playing, however, that just isn't the case now. Finding the time to play had been an on going struggle for me during parts of this characters life. Like most of us I am sure, I would find time to play at the expense of other responsibilities/endeavors.

I am very aware that Bartis was fairly one dimensional. That was the way I planned him. Having had whip specs in the past who always seemed to get their clock cleaned during the two rounds between when they entwined and were able to wield another weapon I decided to try to build a character that did not have this problem, and wa-la. Bartis was born. Oh, and I think Gates is a superb legacy, 'nough said.

A few goodbyes

Iunna: Thanks for the edges and the chats. The smallest gestures like that mean the world for us 'morts'. There was a time when I was feeling frustrated with Bartis because I felt like he was accomplishing alot without notice. You played a huge part in overcoming that! Thanks!

Yean: You're always willing to chat. I love that about you. It never fails no matter what character I'm playing. Thank you most especially for the chats at the end. You're an awesome imm!

Thror: Welcome back! I wish my time let me participate more in your returning quest. However, I was glad to have the part I did. Thanks for the talks and the title!

Neltouda: Thanks for the Role contest goodies! I was secretly hoping you might give me the backfist skill ;>. You were fun to talk to. If I actually had the time to play I might consider rolling me a seafarin' something!

Malakhi: We knew each other for the long term of these characters lives. You're a total ass kicker. Amazing. I liked both the player and the character. Keep up the awesome work as Commander. I wish I could have stuck it out longer! Keep racking up those kills!

Faeghn: Definately one of the villagers I was closest too during the last hours of play. You know your stuff and are one tough rager! Nice work building that character into something to be proud of. I am sure you will take that character even further. Well done!

Arrna: You were a close friend and ally. Thanks for taking an interest in the twin brother background. Keep it up!

Lornis: Your gator is insanely tough! Nice work. You were a great fight and challenge.

There are more of you, I know! But, I can't remember them all as I've got a bad cold and need to get to bed in the worst way. Please post and I will respond!

Susu (Guest)Wed 02-Sep-09 11:03 PM

#85633, "RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts"
In response to Reply #3

I liked Bartis, plain and simple. Solid job. Good luck with whatever's going on, and hopefully you play another soon.

Bartis (Guest)Thu 03-Sep-09 10:04 PM

#85675, "Thanks, susu"
In response to Reply #4

It was awhile that we interacted but as I said previously. I loved your RP. The one thing that stands out that exemplifies what I mean by your RP was the time I was stranded in the Talshidar Caves. You had to go get me some wings to save myself but the whole time you acted as if I was some crazy guy with no business being in the air. Loved it!

Susu (Guest)Fri 04-Sep-09 02:20 PM

#85701, "RE: Thanks, susu"
In response to Reply #15

Heh, yeah, I remember that. Made me walk alllllll over creation to go get those damn wings then bring them allllll the way back to you in talshidar, soooooooo tiresome.

Good times, good times.

Rhyaldrin (Guest)Wed 02-Sep-09 11:51 PM

#85634, "RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts"
In response to Reply #3

I could never kill you. No matter how many preps/shields/etc I used, how many friends I brought, or what plan of attack I had you *always* made me look foolish. As easy as it would have been to hate you, you were always a class act, a pleasure to interact with (err.. die to?) and a solid villager, one of the few I've respected on both an ic and an ooc level.

Thanks to you I will never assume my hammers are going to rape a svirf again, that's for sure. I hope you come back soon with just as entertaining (preferably not another Villager though )

-Rhy

Bartis (Guest)Thu 03-Sep-09 10:01 PM

#85674, "I wouldn't use that word!"
In response to Reply #5

Definately not foolish. You'd have smoked me the last time we fought if you wouldn't have had two bad drums at the end!

I liked that we had an open dialogue, despite being sworn enemies. You are definately the one who is the class act. Good luck with Rhyme! I'm sure you'll do superb.

Mardrin (Guest)Thu 03-Sep-09 07:25 AM

#85639, "Bah!"
In response to Reply #3

Enjoyed our few interactions. Wish you would have stuck around.

Bartis (Guest)Thu 03-Sep-09 10:08 PM

#85676, "RE: Bah!"
In response to Reply #6

Mardrin! You're a pretty kick ass little dwarf. It would have been great to have been around when you got "older"! Keep up the great work. I'm pretty certain you're doing a hell of a job racking up mage kills! I hope you didn't take any offense when I kidded you about it not counting unless you're a hero ;> It was only in fun.

Mardrin (Guest)Fri 04-Sep-09 08:56 AM

#85695, "None taken!"
In response to Reply #16

I really enjoyed Bartis, and wished we could roll together when I was older too.

And looky there! They gave me your job!

Artenno (Guest)Thu 03-Sep-09 10:19 AM

#85646, "You were a model villager in my eyes"
In response to Reply #3

Very classy, deadly, honorable. Good work!

Bartis (Guest)Thu 03-Sep-09 10:14 PM

#85677, "RE: You were a model villager in my eyes"
In response to Reply #7

Thank you. We certainly crossed a few times being that I had tendancies to break the law! I thought very highly of you as well. You certainly challenged me alot as a healer. I also didn't realize for the longest time you were evil! I think it wasn't until I ran across you and an AP in that forest area south of Modan that I got it. I was thinking to myself, why is this guy protecting the AP?? Heh!

N b M (Guest)Thu 03-Sep-09 05:02 PM

#85666, "RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts"
In response to Reply #3

As Gahdak I loved it when you would log on!
As Bogrel I hated it. (That's a huge compliment, Nexus realized we couldn't take you down 1 on 1 ever and hardly ever 2 on 1)

Superb villager, I loved running around with the 'little beast' all the time. We could get into trouble and you would usually be able to come out on top, damn you and gates!

The one shining moment I have of being around this character is when Woldrun pulled you into the Arena and you went toe to toe with him....
Before the fight I bet like 5 gold on Woldrun, and you just pummeled him down and that was that.

Impressive and awesome.

Bartis (Guest)Thu 03-Sep-09 09:58 PM

#85673, "RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts"
In response to Reply #8

Hey thanks for the words! Yeah, Gahdak is definately one of the memorable characters I interacted with. I can say with sincerity that I wish him and Bartis could have run around longer!

As for the arena fight, heh, I remember that. I think I even surprised Twist a bit because he began the fight using poles. I probably would have gone differently if he had just flurried flurried flurried!

IsildurThu 03-Sep-09 05:38 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85667, "RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts"
In response to Reply #3

I had only limited interaction with Bartis, but your imm comments and player comments on this thread are universally positive both with regard to your role and your deathfulness. That's impressive.

Bartis (Guest)Thu 03-Sep-09 10:24 PM

#85678, "Thank you very much"
In response to Reply #9

I appreciate someone who didn't know me that well taking the time to compliment that. Not to sound cheesy or anything, but, I try to be a good sport and respectful to other players because they are trying to have the same fun I am. It seems to me that te majority of the playerbase is like this too, which I commend. Unfortunately, I've come across a few pricks (as much as I'd love to name names, I won't!) who really detract from the experience with their negative, spiteful attitudes. But, that's just beating a dead horse.

Anyways, thanks again!

Kyaltaru (Guest)Thu 03-Sep-09 06:16 PM

#85668, "You were such an amazing villager."
In response to Reply #3

No matter who won our fights, you always stayed classy to the end and I really respected you for it. You were hands down the toughest villager in the entire life of Kyaltaru and side by side with Ghrummin in the RP department.

I'm really glad I got to interact heavily with one of your characters and I hope we run into each other again some time. Good luck with your next, hope you find time.

IsildurThu 03-Sep-09 07:46 PM
5969 posts
#85671, "RE: You were such an amazing villager."
In response to Reply #10

I think it's funny how some anti-Battle people like to maintain the entire cabal is populated by dip####s, and then you have three characters like Borkahd, Woldrun, Ghrummin and Bartis in quick succession. Characters who everyone, staff and players alike, are universally positive about.

I'm sure there are some dip####s in Battle, but there sure have been some great characters too.

Bartis (Guest)Thu 03-Sep-09 10:31 PM

#85679, "RE: You were such an amazing villager."
In response to Reply #10

I really appreciate the words. As I told you in your deaththread I help you in very high regards. And you were so damn tough you made me pull in the reigns alot! I knew if I got a little to ballsy with you, I would pay for it. If I come back I hope we do run into each other again, it was always a pleasure, even competing against you.

Batman (inactive user)Thu 03-Sep-09 07:19 PM
Charter member
#85669, "You kicked my ass when I was Eterlu AND Pleebert."
In response to Reply #3

I mean, seriously.
Whooped me.

And, I have to say, seeing you from two characters, you were awesome.

Very good job.
Now roll an Orc.

Bartis (Guest)Thu 03-Sep-09 10:34 PM

#85680, "Maybe I would!"
In response to Reply #11

I always wanted to try one, among other things... However, the time... Thanks again. I should have guessed you were Eterlu. Both were awesome characters in my eyes. The RP on both was stellar, and that really is what makes this game go round!

Ixy (Guest)Thu 03-Sep-09 11:11 PM

#85683, "Ah, Bartis."
In response to Reply #3

The only villager I didn't feel comfortable trying to kill with just one other person.

A testament to your strength.

I remember the first time I fought you I was like 'WTF does this guy have sanc or something?'.

Took awhile for me to look at your gear and piece together you had Gates.

Awesome job.

Shame you didn't stick it out to AGE/CON death. I think this was a pillar worthy villager.

Bartis (Guest)Mon 07-Sep-09 04:57 PM

#85765, "RE: Ah, Bartis."
In response to Reply #21

I appreciate the words, Ixy. I really did want to try to con death, but, just couldn't! I appreciate the fights and thought you to be a pretty well played and tough nexun. Good luck!

Arrna (Guest)Fri 04-Sep-09 11:17 AM

#85698, "I really did like Bartis. :D"
In response to Reply #3

I found the whole thing with your twin brother SO interesting! I was trying to figure out ways for fortress people to get involved in this without going through hell... But found it... A bit hard...

And thanks for your help at the arena with Iunna. Was cool stuff. And some good advice in terms of PKing.

Hope you come back with something cool when you have the time.

YeanSun 06-Sep-09 08:24 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#85732, "RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts"
In response to Reply #3

>Yean: You're always willing to chat. I love that about you. It
>never fails no matter what character I'm playing. Thank you
>most especially for the chats at the end. You're an awesome
>imm!

You're most welcome..you were a deserving char and I enjoyed the convos, a pity you didn't get to do the Drillmaster thing for long. Take care and I'm sure I'll see you around!

HammerSongSun 06-Sep-09 10:28 AM
679 posts
#85737, "RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts"
In response to Reply #3

Bartis was like a blue-collared BattleRager. He never talked trash, never talked himself up and accepted the circumstances regardless of how good or bad they were.

You were a model villager. Unfortunately, post Woldrun most villagers have spent much of their time defending or trying to stay alive. I really wanted to try to do something to show this character we appreciated his dedication. More importantly, your commitment to what it was to be a BattleRager.

This was a stand-up Villager. He did well in nearly every fight I watched. It's a shame our times didn't align well towards the end of your career. I definately give two thumbs up on this character.

Bartis (Guest)Mon 07-Sep-09 05:05 PM

#85766, "RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts"
In response to Reply #28

Thanks! That was exactly what I was aiming for with Bartis's and his role. The whole blue colored worker, miner in his case, who found himself on an adventure due to extraordinary circumstances. "Blue-Colored" was the exact word I used in my mind to describe him. It makes me feel like I did something right that you were able to discern that from how I played him! It would have been nice if our times aligned up better at the end, but, that was my fault. I really wanted to pick up a religion as Bartis went along in life. I definatly considered your religion, but, didn't because of two things. One was that I stopped being able to log in during your playing times and two was that I was kind of hoping he could "fall into" a religion through his quest to save his brother. Sort of how he fell into becoming a Battlerager. Someone came along and showed him the way. Unfortunately, that opportunity never really came. No big deal though, I still had a blast.

Lornis (Guest)Sun 06-Sep-09 10:31 PM

#85750, "ah...such a good foe."
In response to Reply #3

I liked Bartis a lot. You were a tough bugger to fight, that is for sure. My best tactic was to try and wait you out some as the croc and then switch over to the gator while you thirsted and were really hurt. It paid off most times, but man oh man did you get me good taht one time with like three db's in a round. Great job from what I saw.

Bartis (Guest)Mon 07-Sep-09 05:08 PM

#85767, "RE: ah...such a good foe."
In response to Reply #29

Yeah, the last two times we fought I was really gunning to get you. You smoked me really bad in front of the Chasm. To be honest, I just simply wasn't used to getting killed so fast! But, that next fight in the grove was a bit better. Very fun, I knew I was running a huge risk thirsting in the grove and you could just walk off and heal as the croc. It still was really close, do you remember how many hp's you had when you killed me? I just knew you were convulsing and was hoping to get in one more pummel. Lots of fun.

Malakhi (Guest)Wed 09-Sep-09 02:21 AM

#85826, "RE: Goodbyes and final thoughts"
In response to Reply #3

It goes without saying that I liked Bartis a lot. We were with each other off and on from the beginning, and the times we managed to log on together were great. Thanks, and good luck!

Quas (Guest)Wed 02-Sep-09 09:44 PM

#85628, "you just had to go!"
In response to Reply #0

and be deadlier then me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved everything about bartis. you rocked as a char I loved when you were on because nothing even needed to be said, #### would get worked out in svirfy time.

but because you are now the deadliest svirf ever I think I need to take my svirf crown with another pincerfest.

Bartis (Guest)Wed 02-Sep-09 10:14 PM

#85629, "RE: you just had to go!"
In response to Reply #1

Hey Thanks. I completely agree. When we were around together we had the same idea in mind. Go kick some ass! Hah! Loved it. If its any consolation, I am pretty sure you killed far more mageys then I did. You've got an incredible knack for finding (and winning) fights, and I'm sure you'll pass me up! Well done.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #85627 Previous topic | Next topic