Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of the B..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #85534
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 01-Sep-09 02:28 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85534, "(DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of the Battlefield, Anathema to the Empire"

Tue Sep 1 14:25:09 2009

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Hanstian perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:196

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Is this person pretending to be ESL or something?, Magus_Guest (Guest), 01-Sep-09 08:16 PM, #31
Reply You are right here. Foolish attempt to troll from his s..., Beront (Guest), 01-Sep-09 10:57 PM, #34
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..., Sulye (Guest), 01-Sep-09 04:58 PM, #22
Reply I find it funny, Elhe (Guest), 01-Sep-09 05:34 PM, #25
     Reply RE: I find it funny, Sulye (Guest), 01-Sep-09 05:38 PM, #26
          Reply He didn't., Twist, 01-Sep-09 07:00 PM, #29
               Reply Right, I probably messed him with somebody else then n/..., Elhe (Guest), 01-Sep-09 06:57 PM, #30
               Reply RE: He didn't., hanstian (Guest), 02-Sep-09 03:18 AM, #35
                    Reply Yep., Twist, 02-Sep-09 07:43 AM, #37
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..., Tarleton (Guest), 01-Sep-09 03:24 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..., hanstian (Guest), 01-Sep-09 03:31 PM, #10
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..., Ecekai (Guest), 01-Sep-09 05:12 PM, #23
          Reply I don't think it's smart to post, Elhe (Guest), 01-Sep-09 05:29 PM, #24
               Reply RE: I don't think it's smart to post, Ecekai (Guest), 01-Sep-09 05:43 PM, #27
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..., hanstian (Guest), 01-Sep-09 03:18 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..., hanstian (Guest), 01-Sep-09 03:21 PM, #6
Reply U R Unbanned., Theerkla, 01-Sep-09 04:36 PM, #21
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..., Talund (Guest), 01-Sep-09 03:22 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..., hanstian (Guest), 01-Sep-09 03:32 PM, #11
Reply I thought this character was tough as ####., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 01-Sep-09 03:29 PM, #9
Reply RE: I thought this character was tough as ####., hanstian (Guest), 01-Sep-09 03:34 PM, #12
Reply I don't play enough anymore..., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 01-Sep-09 04:25 PM, #17
     Reply RE: I don't play enough anymore..., hanstian (Guest), 01-Sep-09 04:29 PM, #18
Reply RE: I thought this character was tough as ####., hanstian (Guest), 01-Sep-09 03:35 PM, #13
Reply Really like what I've seen from this char, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 01-Sep-09 03:59 PM, #14
Reply RE: Really like what I've seen from this char, hanstian (Guest), 01-Sep-09 04:20 PM, #15
Reply RE: Really like what I've seen from this char, hanstian (Guest), 01-Sep-09 04:34 PM, #20
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..., Lorn (Guest), 01-Sep-09 08:27 PM, #32
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..., hanstian (Guest), 02-Sep-09 03:19 AM, #36
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..., Bartis (Guest), 01-Sep-09 10:12 PM, #33
Reply We had some good times!, Artenno (Guest), 02-Sep-09 09:22 AM, #38
Reply Dumb giant, Gzurweeg (Guest), 02-Sep-09 05:02 PM, #39
Reply No! Why would you do this? Had some really interesting ..., Arrna (Guest), 01-Sep-09 03:01 PM, #3
Reply RE: No! Why would you do this? Had some really interest..., hanstian (Guest), 01-Sep-09 03:19 PM, #5
     Reply Old my ass! Arrna is three times as old! ;) n/t, Arrna (Guest), 01-Sep-09 05:54 PM, #28
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..., Kalisda (Guest), 01-Sep-09 02:41 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..., hanstian (Guest), 01-Sep-09 02:50 PM, #2
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..., dwimmerling, 01-Sep-09 04:22 PM, #16
               Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..., hanstian (Guest), 01-Sep-09 04:30 PM, #19

Magus_Guest (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 08:16 PM

#85586, "Is this person pretending to be ESL or something?"
In response to Reply #0

Seriously looks like a bogus attempt to be ESL. Similar to that log of someone messing with Yean.

Beront (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 10:57 PM

#85598, "You are right here. Foolish attempt to troll from his s..."
In response to Reply #31

n/t

Sulye (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 04:58 PM

#85573, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

Not sure whether you will agree, but I thought this was funny. I'm creeping around the mountains near arial city when:

Quird: Hanstain awake.

Sulye: Not think Hand Stain come.

Quird: Quird agree.

Yanusyia: He rested already

Quird: Hah.

Sulye: Mwrr. That like new record.

The stench of the Inferno precedes the arrival of Gurgthock.

Gurgthock says 'New record.'

You say 'Is?'

Gurgthock says 'New record in speed of demotion, too.'

Mercifully, the air becomes a bit more breathable with the departure of Gurgthock.

Elhe (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 05:34 PM

#85576, "I find it funny"
In response to Reply #22

all mightly outlander gang, 2/3 of which never risked their lives in reraids(with same odds as Hans would have if he came) blame someone for the quitting? While said player relogged in few mins after that.

Sulye (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 05:38 PM

#85577, "RE: I find it funny"
In response to Reply #25

Nobody was blaming him for not coming. I was just pointing out that, assuming he was sane, he probably wouldn't try to retrieve.

Also I don't recall him logging back in after this. I don't log anything, though, so I can't say for sure.

TwistTue 01-Sep-09 06:38 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85582, "He didn't."
In response to Reply #26
Edited on Tue 01-Sep-09 07:00 PM

Edited after checking the logs to be sure.

Not sure what Elhe's seeing that I'm missing, but I watched for him to relog and he didn't for at least an hour.

After checking the logs, demotion occurred at 10:55:20 system time. Next login for Hanstian that day was 17:49:42.

The next day, Hanstian then (after a bit of goading) went to a different cabal against "decent" odds (by no means terrible odds) and weakened the cabal guardian enough for lower level Imperials to finish the job. And got promoted back up.

Elhe (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 06:57 PM

#85584, "Right, I probably messed him with somebody else then n/..."
In response to Reply #29

n/t

hanstian (Guest)Wed 02-Sep-09 03:18 AM

#85602, "RE: He didn't."
In response to Reply #29

yes i know i did that some times earlier in hanstian life, but after that demotion i diddent do that anymore...

TwistWed 02-Sep-09 07:43 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#85608, "Yep."
In response to Reply #35

That's all I was hoping to accomplish. Made the point with no lasting damage to the char, and also showed other players (Sulye for instance) that yes, sometimes we DO catch that stuff and lay down some smack for it.

Tarleton (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 03:24 PM

#85548, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

Wow, rough. I guess I'll hear the details about how the Anathema/delete thing went down, but I have an idea what happened.

GOOD: Hanstian was awesome, I thought. Especially at first, you seemed like you had a lot to prove. You threw yourself into battles, took risks, sometimes died, often came out on top. You seemed newbish at first, but by the time you got War Master, you seemed like a seasoned veteran. It was a pleasure to see you get the hang of the character and thrive. You were the clear choice for War Master.

BAD: But once you get uber-decked, it's easy to fall into the trap of becoming afraid to use/lose that equipment. I got the impression that's how you had become. So did several others. You suddenly seemed a little panicky and whiny and quick to flee. It's fine for a regular Blade, but it looks a little weak when the big, strong War Master does it. I was trying not to ruin this character, but I thought you needed a wake-up call. Instead, it appears it turned out to knock you into a startlingly rapid downward spiral.

The Empire's a pretty brutal place, especially if you take the politics (and the game) personally. I guess this scenario serves as a pretty good illustration of how true that is.

Best of luck with your next.

hanstian (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 03:31 PM

#85551, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #8

as i whrote before, the first demotion took the breath from me, but i would could live with beein elite... but second demotion was just WTF....

and i could never take orders from one i would OWN in one on one fight...

I did throw myself intro battles while i was war master' but out playing times diddent match...

Ecekai (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 05:12 PM

#85574, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #10

So you got mad that you got demoted for no reason and then threw a fit over it instead of sticking it out?

Elhe (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 05:29 PM

#85575, "I don't think it's smart to post"
In response to Reply #23

something like this for you

Ecekai (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 05:43 PM

#85578, "RE: I don't think it's smart to post"
In response to Reply #24

It is a valid and serious questions, why not stick it out?

Also, why are you defending him and attacking me? Is he an OOC buddy?

hanstian (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 03:18 PM

#85543, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

well...

first i know my engrish arent good.

i created this char just to see how powerfull a fire giant would be with trapping and chilling. but i wouldent take chiling agin tought.

it was aweseome when i had armageddon, i did great damage: - )

after a talk to a certain imm, i can understand why i got demoted to elite, two demotions was just to much, so at that point i knew i would delete. By the way i apreciate all you told me

goodbyes.

First i know my roleplay suck, but i had fun with all of you.

EMPIRE

Tarleton, mixed feeling with you, seemed many times you just sat at the throne room afk, but you are elite player, and know what you are doin. i dont blaime you for demotion now, because i know i was the strongest blade in empire, but double demotion was to much..

Glurgick hard to understand you, but dident like you much..

Talund seemed new to healer class, but knew the game well, liked you.

gzur i was so angry when you took those gauntlets from hell hehe, but i would proberly lose them before you did anyway, liked you aswell.

i like the empire cabal, with all the enemies all the time, its not so borring. and it seems there are many competent players there now.

FORT

Lorn, i remember i got you a couple of times when you hold the codex, and i was surprised that one day where i killed you' and almost got frorania aswell, before i fleed
but unfortunate i do not log..

Arrna good fights, and had alot of respect for you, and that fight to death was so stupid of my, should just have wielded swords, and i wouldent turn out the way it did... (sorry dont have any logs)

kzardr anoying to fight you hehe, you avoid alot and if i diddent prep to teech youi would own me with wrath, and if i did win the fighyt you just word at gushing..

SCION

Diddent fought you much, but it was a good fight yesterday at the pit in hamsah, where bam was waiting for me, and satoshi and bognok came aswell.. killed two out of three with 600 hp : -)

i am glad to see scions are growing in numbers..

OUTLANDER

enjoyed all our fights, but wassent many of them.

Artenno

you must be 1000 years old hehe
i really liked you, and your are cool.. you saved my life many times hehe, proberly the best healer i have walked with..
e
Gnamish

hehe, you gave me alot of gold and stuff thanks man: - ) i still doubt you won all that gold at gambler hehe

i tryed to treat enemies with reepect and diddent loot if i dident needed it. and i think i got taken 4 things from me most when i died... that i like..

i wont be playing agin, this was my last charachter, i need to spend some time away from the computer, you get wayt to adicted to cf

hanstian (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 03:21 PM

#85546, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #4

come on, unban me from dios: - )

i want to see logs, and such... i will behave hehe, was just angry at that moment.

TheerklaTue 01-Sep-09 04:36 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
#85569, "U R Unbanned."
In response to Reply #6

Behave.

Talund (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 03:22 PM

#85547, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #4

That sucks. To hell your English, but man, why oh why did you get anathemaed and deleted? You would be promoted again to Elite, so should be fine..

Eh, gonna miss you. Now the Empire has only one warrrior

hanstian (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 03:32 PM

#85553, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #7

well, you did see why i got anathema because i owned glurgick at the palace... but at that time i already desiced to delete..

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 03:29 PM

#85549, "I thought this character was tough as ####."
In response to Reply #4

But not a particularly great character overall.

You broke Imperial law several times when I was around and looks like it finally caught up to you.

You also needed to show way more backbone than you did. I'd see you logon alone and quit out if your range was horrible in 5-10 minutes.

What's really funny is usually someone else would logon right after you logged out and repeat the whole cycle.

Good luck with your next.

hanstian (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 03:34 PM

#85554, "RE: I thought this character was tough as ####."
In response to Reply #9

first' why do you lie?

i never broke imperial law, not that i remember show me a log?

and yes i did login and logout but that was long ago, diddent do it after i got demoted for it...

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 04:25 PM

#85563, "I don't play enough anymore..."
In response to Reply #12

...but I haven't seen you since you basically got? Warmaster.

I noticed when you were just a blade about the logins/logouts, glad to see you realized it was something that seemed kinda weak.

And about the breaking Imperial law. Often I'd attack you during a raid/retrieval and notice you'd run into Hamsah and try and bash/cranial me down, even though technically, that's a big Imperial no-no.

Towards the last couple times I played, you didn't seem to be doing that, so good work learning from your mistakes.

Like I said, PK wise, this char was tough as ####. Good job on that. Work on your RP and general coolness and your next will be that much better.

hanstian (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 04:29 PM

#85564, "RE: I don't play enough anymore..."
In response to Reply #17

yeah perhaps i did that in hamsah, but cant remember...

ive said to myself i wont make a new char before 1 months.. lets see if i can hold it

hanstian (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 03:35 PM

#85555, "RE: I thought this character was tough as ####."
In response to Reply #9

of cause, i do not create GREAT charachters...

im not elite player, or do i know all areas good' or do i speak good english.. only think im little bit good at are pk: - ) or at least that what i think

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 03:59 PM

#85558, "Really like what I've seen from this char"
In response to Reply #4

of yours. You sure grew a lot since your last char. Our playing times did not cross a lot but when we were together we were a very deadly and effective pair.

I remember how we had fun hunting 4 of Fortress together.

I don't know the reasoning of demotion but from what I've seen you were a good war master. And you offered quite a lot raids which were not easy to pull off.

Good luck.

hanstian (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 04:20 PM

#85560, "RE: Really like what I've seen from this char"
In response to Reply #14

yeah, we did really god together, and was fun walking with you...

i think i have had 3 chars in empire while you have been there hehe

hanstian (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 04:34 PM

#85567, "RE: Really like what I've seen from this char"
In response to Reply #14

i remember that day, where we waited in foothils..

i then went afk for like 30 seconds, and when i came back we foght the marans hehe, and arrna had drived me away but i managed to kill you arrna : - ) and we got their paladin to as i remember..

good times

Lorn (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 08:27 PM

#85588, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #4

We did not fight much and I remember I fell to you one time, which you spoke of. I thought, "Just stay in combat until Frorania gets here, then flee and we can do our thing." Well, next thing I know, nothing is scrolling on my screen! I frantically hit enter and finally see that I am backed up like two heals, I then try to flee and you drum maces. Over. Ever since I got back from Hawai'i this has been going on. You were beastly anyway. by the way, where are you from?

hanstian (Guest)Wed 02-Sep-09 03:19 AM

#85603, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #32

i am from denmark.

Bartis (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 10:12 PM

#85594, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #4

You were tough as hell! Also a very respectable enemy. Well done.

Artenno (Guest)Wed 02-Sep-09 09:22 AM

#85610, "We had some good times!"
In response to Reply #4

Sorry to see this happen to you. I do think had you stuck it out, everything would have straightened itself out. GLWYN, gogogogogogogo Tribunal.

Gzurweeg (Guest)Wed 02-Sep-09 05:02 PM

#85620, "Dumb giant"
In response to Reply #4

I liked Hanstian. Thanks for saving my unholy that time too. *wink*, *wink*.
To all those haters I suggest to play a hero imperial warrior without a healer against bad odds for longer than a week and try to achieve something more significant than just running and dying all the time wearing desert cloaks and the midnight dragon set.

And those gauntlets were MINE! Hehe. Actually, getting them was one of primary goals of the trip. I figured that you would want them too, so I warned you several days ahead of the trip giving you an opportunity to calm
After all, they benefit me more than you and we all know what sect holds the true power of the Empire.

Arrna (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 03:01 PM

#85540, "No! Why would you do this? Had some really interesting ..."
In response to Reply #0

Was really looking forward to see what would happen.

Anyways, I enjoyed your RP and our fights. Even though I have such a HUGE problem with sword wielders.

And btw, if you have the log of our last fight at the watcher with Talund, feel free to post your side. I'll post mine now since you're gone. Was planning on keeping it until Arrna died.

I also figured that the duel "to the death" when you ran, was a part of your RP. Usually that stuff just feel powergamerish to me, but from Hanstian it felt right that you used an orb to escape a certain death.

I hope you come back soon again with something cool!

hanstian (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 03:19 PM

#85545, "RE: No! Why would you do this? Had some really interest..."
In response to Reply #3

well, it could be fun to see how it would turn, but i had desiced to delete.

yeah that fight was so stupid of me, i should just wear the swords, diddent think about you dirt me, and disarmed the maces hehe

so had to use the orb couldent lose to you haha

Arrna (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 05:54 PM

#85580, "Old my ass! Arrna is three times as old! ;) n/t"
In response to Reply #5

n/t

Kalisda (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 02:41 PM

#85536, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry I never managed to get you that blade, you seemed a decent player and I liked the little I got to see from you. What happened (if you care to say that is) that got you from war master to anathema?

hanstian (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 02:50 PM

#85539, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #1

i will whrite goodbyes and such later' when im no longer angry

dwimmerlingTue 01-Sep-09 04:22 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
216 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#85561, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #2

Bum deal man. You were super cool to my duergar. We had a f*cked up ride through arial city, but getting a mob death from the axe of conquest dude at like level 14? That looks cool on a pbf. I really dug you.

hanstian (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 04:30 PM

#85565, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hanstian Gnok'Jhyn the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #16

hehe

i really diddent knew what i was doin there, and i felt so BAD ooc that you died...

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #85534 Previous topic | Next topic