Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Bognok Pussgut the Captain of the Grin..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #85498
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 01-Sep-09 09:08 AM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17212 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85498, "(DELETED) [None] Bognok Pussgut the Captain of the Grinning Skulls"

Tue Sep 1 09:07:52 2009

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Bognok perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:49
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:68

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I will thank the newbie vulture for stripping me. nt, Bognok (Guest), 01-Sep-09 09:09 AM, #1
     Reply I enjoyed this char more than any other in the last few..., Bognok (Guest), 01-Sep-09 09:18 AM, #2
     Reply Pfffftttttt!, Grobbak, 01-Sep-09 10:46 AM, #3
     Reply This is what I hate seeing., Krilcov K (Guest), 01-Sep-09 01:11 PM, #11
     Reply If you don't change the corpseguard or something, you d..., Bognok (Guest), 01-Sep-09 01:17 PM, #12
     Reply I'm fine with looting how it is, Stunna1 (Guest), 01-Sep-09 01:52 PM, #14
     Reply Except for me. NT, Batman (Anonymous), 01-Sep-09 01:55 PM, #15
     Reply Uh, no., Straklaw, 01-Sep-09 03:53 PM, #24
     Reply I disagree. nt, sleepy, 01-Sep-09 05:53 PM, #26
     Reply Screw that. If they're out of your pk range and loot y..., BTG2 (Guest), 02-Sep-09 04:38 PM, #29
     Reply RE: Screw that. If they're out of your pk range and lo..., Daevryn, 02-Sep-09 04:40 PM, #30
          Reply People that are out of your pk range stop looting you?, BTG2 (Guest), 02-Sep-09 04:49 PM, #31
          Reply RE: People that are out of your pk range stop looting y..., Isildur, 02-Sep-09 05:18 PM, #33
          Reply People ranked 11 and below can't loot pc corpses. Nt, Huh (Guest), 02-Sep-09 05:36 PM, #34
          Reply To clarify this a bit..., Daevryn, 03-Sep-09 02:02 PM, #37
               Reply I'm with you, just never seen any of the pro/con stuff ..., BTG2 (Guest), 03-Sep-09 07:47 PM, #40
          Reply RE: Screw that. If they're out of your pk range and lo..., Isildur, 02-Sep-09 05:17 PM, #32
     Reply You're sure? You sure are wrong!, Susu (Guest), 04-Sep-09 01:28 AM, #41
     Reply RE: This is what I hate seeing., Daevryn, 01-Sep-09 01:56 PM, #16
     Reply Noobs looting, Semaphore. (Guest), 03-Sep-09 01:20 PM, #35
          Reply RE: Noobs looting, Daevryn, 03-Sep-09 01:36 PM, #36
               Reply But, Dwoggurd, 03-Sep-09 02:22 PM, #38
               Reply That's not necessarily true (n/t), Daevryn, 03-Sep-09 02:26 PM, #39
               Reply Well, you are wrong jack., Bognok (Guest), 14-Sep-09 03:45 PM, #42
                    Reply RE: Well, you are wrong jack., Daevryn, 14-Sep-09 04:24 PM, #43
     Reply RE: This is what I hate seeing., Grobbak, 01-Sep-09 02:21 PM, #20
          Reply I <3 u Grobbak. Ken we go on date? NT, Batman (Anonymous), 01-Sep-09 02:23 PM, #21
     Reply Take a page out of the Star Quest book, Orc (Guest), 14-Sep-09 07:00 PM, #44
     Reply Aaw man, I liked all the orcs running around!, Arrna (Guest), 01-Sep-09 10:56 AM, #4
     Reply We all like easy frags n/t, Elhe (Guest), 01-Sep-09 11:31 AM, #7
          Reply Bah.... :(, Arrna (Guest), 01-Sep-09 01:26 PM, #13
               Reply That does not change anything =) n/t, Elhe (Guest), 01-Sep-09 02:04 PM, #18
                    Reply I wouldn't blame Arrna, Dwoggurd, 01-Sep-09 03:12 PM, #23
                         Reply It's not the liches that kill...., Arrna (Guest), 01-Sep-09 04:54 PM, #25
     Reply I liked you, Bambizlo (Guest), 01-Sep-09 11:19 AM, #6
     Reply Prep? Ug. I was trying for them. I asked you 9302times ..., Bog (Guest), 01-Sep-09 01:00 PM, #10
     Reply You law-breaking SOB!, Artenno (Guest), 01-Sep-09 11:41 AM, #8
     Reply The orc life is hard. Kovving is hard tookov. o.O NT, Batkov (Guest), 01-Sep-09 12:22 PM, #9
     Reply Says the guy that constantly looted kills as a lowbie, Guy (Guest), 01-Sep-09 02:04 PM, #17
     Reply RE: Says the guy that constantly looted kills as a lowb..., Guy (Guest), 01-Sep-09 02:12 PM, #19
     Reply You will be missed., Llezzig (Guest), 01-Sep-09 02:39 PM, #22
     Reply Sorry to hear it, kalisda (Guest), 01-Sep-09 11:18 AM, #5
     Reply Should have stuck around, Beib (Guest), 01-Sep-09 09:18 PM, #27
     Reply Amusing to read given how much you did it to others, Abernytee (Guest), 02-Sep-09 06:05 AM, #28

Bognok (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 09:09 AM

#85499, "I will thank the newbie vulture for stripping me. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Bognok (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 09:18 AM

#85500, "I enjoyed this char more than any other in the last few..."
In response to Reply #1

I krilcov tried my ass off not to complain about ####ty loots. Quird you are just so ####ing assuming and defensive and ignore trigger happy it makes me sick. Then a blade, who was trying to loot his things back as a ghost and a lowbie leaving me with 5 items after I spent the prior day, 7 hours regearing. I say. Screw orcs.

Once again I have no regrets and I loved the rp I had with others. I don't know how long it will be untill I come back this time.

Thank you Grobbak, Llezzrig, Pleeburt, Olraf, Thror, Nep,Bambizlo

Shame on you rengorm

GrobbakTue 01-Sep-09 10:46 AM
Member since 13th Jul 2009
174 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85506, "Pfffftttttt!"
In response to Reply #2

Grrrr.

G.

Krilcov K (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 01:11 PM

#85521, "This is what I hate seeing."
In response to Reply #3

I try for alot more interaction than I get, I had alot I wanted to tell you but you didnt give me a chance half the time. I shoulda used role more I guess.

Now I hope my next char is not found out by the imm staff. It seems like half of my uber-rp chars are ignored because it is known who is playing the char and he is probably going to delete by 100 hours.

YOU GUYS NEED TO IMPLEMENT THIS. When someone dies, after 3 pieces of gear are taken from the corpse, it is auto transfered back to the ghost. Jest like explore areas and tribunal skill. I just deleted my favorite char ever cause some lowbie griefing vulture looted most my things. He came up, with no work involved, just following fights.

The mothur farker got wolf skin cloaks, malachites, lobster eq and lots more. NO RISK NO RISK NO RISK, just griefing and following pks in my book. Its ####ed up that you guys can UBER-nerf sip/drink wineskin/bloody skin past the point of reason, to making it hard for orcs again. I could heal 5* faster at 3 gold a pop. I can gather 17 gold or more ever rl 6 minits easy. Faster than gathering those skins.. way faster.

Fix the lowbie grief looting thing. People just follow fights, take no risk, get things they dont deserve. They take away from people who know area's. Have allies that they spent their entire chars life working on. From slaying that transmuter at low ranks, to changing their relationshiop later on.

Some lowbie spends 3 minits following a fight, and takes away what I spent 7rl hours taking away.

Its like thanks for giving me an Invokerspam regear session. I'd rather delete than be rewarded the frustration for Giving someone a fight i should avoided.

Its like I am screwed over for not be ultra conservative, and giving other people fun pks. Really screwed..

But seriously guys, I had alot of fun with this char, and besides the grief and some other person. I loved everyone.. All my enemies where awesome. Most people have grown up and play this game right. I will not be comming back right away because of this lowbie grief stuff. Its not worth the invesment of my time, for a couple pk fights. Some classes need certain types of gear to be viable pk. Not certain items, certain types, and that takes some trading. Dont lie to use imms and say otherwise.

Thanks for the game time, I hope you fix this huge problem.

Bognok (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 01:17 PM

#85522, "If you don't change the corpseguard or something, you d..."
In response to Reply #11

In real life, If someone(a 12 year old kid) was stealing from me(a guy with a couple guns) while i was picking over a corpse, I would not punch the kid, I would shot him dead, stop him comepletly.

THis is a fantasy game, figure something, its not fun regearing every other day. Don't encourage ultra conservativeness in pk fighting so you dont have to spend forever getting a decent regear.

Its a pretty weak explaination to say, oh jes get these things and war on. My orc can be one rounded with a bash from hanstian. I had to get hp gear, str gear, and I didnt even have saves yet for quird almost guaranteeing me death if I fought him.

You'll be missing someone who gives alot of good battles and interactions from 8am central to 6pm, five days a week, 52 weeks a year for the last 3. And I am sure most the player base would agree with implementing a gear transfer back to the ghost after 3 pieces are taken.

Stunna1 (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 01:52 PM

#85526, "I'm fine with looting how it is"
In response to Reply #12

As someone who gives high RP, and tons of battles. So nah.

Batman (inactive user)Tue 01-Sep-09 01:55 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #12

I like fullsacs.

StraklawTue 01-Sep-09 03:53 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#85557, "Uh, no."
In response to Reply #12

Carrion Fields? Not huggy-kitten-MUD. It's been free-looting for 12 yrs, and it's been made less nasty on the dead in that time. Deal?

sleepyTue 01-Sep-09 05:53 PM
Member since 24th Jul 2007
223 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85579, "I disagree. nt"
In response to Reply #12

fds

BTG2 (Guest)Wed 02-Sep-09 04:38 PM

#85617, "Screw that. If they're out of your pk range and loot y..."
In response to Reply #12

so they can fight you for it. That's more how it would be anyway. The only reason for gods protection anyway is to stop people from abusing their skills/etc. Why not make it so lowbies cant abuse their protection anymore?

Just a thought/suggestion, take it as you will.

DaevrynWed 02-Sep-09 04:40 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#85618, "RE: Screw that. If they're out of your pk range and lo..."
In response to Reply #29

It's something that's been suggested probably a thousand times.

Take a few minutes to really think through all the implications of that.

BTG2 (Guest)Wed 02-Sep-09 04:49 PM

#85619, "People that are out of your pk range stop looting you?"
In response to Reply #30

I'm honestly not really seeing a downside from my perspective, but again, like I said, these are just my thoughts. Some people like the risk, some people like the looting.

I think anybody thats under lvl 11 and can't even hold on to hero gear should get this message when spamming 'get all corpse' :

Death, standing nearby, siezes this opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. You stare in horror as he grabs you by the scruff of the neck and yanks your soul from your body!
Death tells you, "That's what happens when you stick your hands where they don't belong!"

IsildurWed 02-Sep-09 05:18 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#85622, "RE: People that are out of your pk range stop looting y..."
In response to Reply #31

How about:

You kill some guy but just barely. You're standing there with 100 hp corpseguarding. You're level 51. I'm a level 40 paladin. I walk up, take something from the corpse, am suddenly in your PK, and proceed to kill you with a single wrath.

Huh (Guest)Wed 02-Sep-09 05:36 PM

#85623, "People ranked 11 and below can't loot pc corpses. Nt"
In response to Reply #31

Nt

DaevrynThu 03-Sep-09 01:38 PM
11117 posts
#85653, "To clarify this a bit..."
In response to Reply #31
Edited on Thu 03-Sep-09 02:02 PM

Pre-PK characters can't loot PC corpses, so that part of your post is completely irrelevant.

As far as actually thinking through all the ramifications of pulling you into the PK of someone you loot, how long would it last?

(Hint: no matter what you answer, I'll explain to you why it doesn't matter or breaks the game.)

Edited to add: I'm trying not to talk down to you, but honestly, probably everything you can think of regarding changing looting has been debated on and off on forums etc. for the last 15 years.

BTG2 (Guest)Thu 03-Sep-09 07:47 PM

#85672, "I'm with you, just never seen any of the pro/con stuff ..."
In response to Reply #37

or seen it suggested, so naturally it came to mind. Mostly it's not a problem, but there are some people I've just wanted to punch in the face for the pure douchebaggery of the full loot/sac.

IsildurWed 02-Sep-09 05:17 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#85621, "RE: Screw that. If they're out of your pk range and lo..."
In response to Reply #30

Alternately you could have the looter take some small amount of damage when he tries to loot an item and gets blocked by corpseguard. Enough that he couldn't just spam #20 get 1. corpse.

Susu (Guest)Fri 04-Sep-09 01:28 AM

#85688, "You're sure? You sure are wrong!"
In response to Reply #12

Gear transfer back after 3 pieces are taken? Worse idea ever. Ever. EVER!!!

No, seriously, ever!

DaevrynTue 01-Sep-09 01:56 PM
11117 posts
#85528, "RE: This is what I hate seeing."
In response to Reply #11

>Now I hope my next char is not found out by the imm staff. It
>seems like half of my uber-rp chars are ignored because it is
>known who is playing the char and he is probably going to
>delete by 100 hours.

If you're ignored, that's not the reason.

More commonly (and I don't know #### about this specific character, so maybe they're not part of the pattern) you're putting a lot of energy into RPing a character I find intensely dislikeable and that I would never interact with on purpose for much the same reasons that I don't poke hornets' nests with a stick on purpose.

Also, feel free to search down the other 100000 threads where looting and the reasons it is the way it is have been discussed.

Semaphore. (Guest)Thu 03-Sep-09 01:20 PM

#85651, "Noobs looting"
In response to Reply #16

The problem is that a lower ranking player can take the multi hour gearing and limited gear of a hero very easily. The limited gear then enters a black hole, as a lower rank char may either be a noob or a tentative character/alt. This is a problem given the extremely limited nature of limited gear. Perhaps higher end limited gear needs to be purged fairly quickly on low ranking players so that it takes it away from the blackhole noob/tentative alt types, and let's the low ranking player who is active use it.S

DaevrynThu 03-Sep-09 01:36 PM
11117 posts
#85652, "RE: Noobs looting"
In response to Reply #35

>The
>limited gear then enters a black hole, as a lower rank char
>may either be a noob or a tentative character/alt.

A genuinely unskilled looter tends to be PKed for their gear very quickly.

A character that doesn't play loses limited gear.

I don't see an issue with the current state of things.

DwoggurdThu 03-Sep-09 02:22 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85657, "But"
In response to Reply #36

A character that plays once per week and avoid pks (explorers for example, or the Inn sitters) isn't going to lose limited gear locking it for a year or so until he decides to "RP-sell" to his buddies.

DaevrynThu 03-Sep-09 02:26 PM
11117 posts
#85658, "That's not necessarily true (n/t)"
In response to Reply #38

Bognok (Guest)Mon 14-Sep-09 03:45 PM

#85980, "Well, you are wrong jack."
In response to Reply #36

Lowbie looter puts in no effort, griefs someone. looses those items to someone in their pk range. Hero can't enact revenge, due to small cf numbers.... no one willing to slay that thief, no duergars in their range ect ect.

Its broke dude, saying that its not is just taking the easy way out.

DaevrynMon 14-Sep-09 04:24 PM
11117 posts
#85981, "RE: Well, you are wrong jack."
In response to Reply #42

>Lowbie looter puts in no effort, griefs someone. looses those
>items to someone in their pk range.

Then we agree, because that's exactly what I said would happen.

GrobbakTue 01-Sep-09 02:21 PM
Member since 13th Jul 2009
174 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85532, "RE: This is what I hate seeing."
In response to Reply #11

I liked Bognok and will miss the character, hence my previous post.

Sorry you don't like the looting system. I for one find it much improved over 12 years ago.

Best of luck.

G.

Batman (inactive user)Tue 01-Sep-09 02:23 PM
Charter member
#85533, "I <3 u Grobbak. Ken we go on date? NT"
In response to Reply #20

i taek u to uhhhh

to hawaii

and we can party

en stuff

<3

Orc (Guest)Mon 14-Sep-09 07:00 PM

#85987, "Take a page out of the Star Quest book"
In response to Reply #3

Never give up! Never surrender!

Good luck with your next

Arrna (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 10:56 AM

#85507, "Aaw man, I liked all the orcs running around!"
In response to Reply #2

I was quite sure I'd die that time I attacked you on voralia. I just logged on missing 1/3 of my gear, saw you disapear on eastern, lightforged a pike, ate a root and went after you. Damn! Searing light + enlarge + bash is nasty against orc.

Anyways, I like 99% of your chars Kirlc and I liked this one too.

Elhe (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 11:31 AM

#85512, "We all like easy frags n/t"
In response to Reply #4

n/t

Arrna (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 01:26 PM

#85524, "Bah.... :("
In response to Reply #7

Dakazhul has killed me what? 5 times? (Solo 2-3 times at least.)

Elhe (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 02:04 PM

#85530, "That does not change anything =) n/t"
In response to Reply #13

n/t

DwoggurdTue 01-Sep-09 03:12 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85542, "I wouldn't blame Arrna"
In response to Reply #18

If I were the Fortress Marshall I would probably actively hunt orcs too and quit away from powerhouses.

Bashing orcs with searing light weapons is fun.
Dying to liches/whatever-else is not fun.

Arrna (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 04:54 PM

#85572, "It's not the liches that kill...."
In response to Reply #23

... it's the gangs. Though Athieli has a fair share of kills on me. But my bane is gangs + swords specs.

Bambizlo (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 11:19 AM

#85510, "I liked you"
In response to Reply #2

I felt your pain bro every time I'd see you run in I'd prep rq, takes me like 30 seconds to prep when I see a target and by the time I'd pop out of duo you'd already be dead =P. I found myself saying a lot, wtf just happened to bognok? Maybe you orcs just don't prep or something I don't know but it seems like every one of you is just getting your asses handed to you, likely its just that the class is horrible imo. Good luck on the next hope to see you around, good times.

Bog (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 01:00 PM

#85519, "Prep? Ug. I was trying for them. I asked you 9302times ..."
In response to Reply #6

nt

Artenno (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 11:41 AM

#85513, "You law-breaking SOB!"
In response to Reply #2

You will be missed! Unfortunately, you were too law-breaking for me to do anything great with you. Good luck with your next hopefully law-enforcing character!

Batkov (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 12:22 PM

#85514, "The orc life is hard. Kovving is hard tookov. o.O NT"
In response to Reply #2

I'm a Kov
You're a Kov
We're all Kovs

Let the Kov overwhelm

Grandpadorfkov

Guy (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 02:04 PM

#85529, "Says the guy that constantly looted kills as a lowbie"
In response to Reply #2

Or specificly someone just out of pk.

I won't post examples but I'm active. But this is clearly a case of you lying through your teeth about how you've been horribly wrong and how you've always been in the right.

Don't believe me and I know I have atleast one for sure, the other I might have mistaken you for another Orc.

Don't be a wretch Krilcov, its not becoming of you as a person.

Guy (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 02:12 PM

#85531, "RE: Says the guy that constantly looted kills as a lowb..."
In response to Reply #17

Ah, I did mistake you for another orc. But that I don't think one char really atones for your lowbie looting ways =P.

Llezzig (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 02:39 PM

#85535, "You will be missed."
In response to Reply #2

We could have gotten you that armor back easily. And we would have managed to do that thing we spoke of. Trinkets come and go, only the faith in big G remains.

I should have known it was you. Unable to rest for a second, and always rushing into fights or new mobs when we were learning. No sign of patience. I still owe you for getting me killed in Eregion . Anyway..it was fun ranking up with you, a very well played orc from my pow.

Good luck with your next!

kalisda (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 11:18 AM

#85509, "Sorry to hear it"
In response to Reply #1

Hope I helped to a small extent, though I didn't get much chance to do much with you outside of help you get some gear, I was kind of hoping to do more with you. And then this happens. Wish you had let me know, I would have regeared you again, especially if you told me some lowbie took everything.

Vultures are just about the worst thing going. One thing if the person that kills you loots you, can live with that, cause you can always try to get it back, and hell, they earned it to a degree. But vulturing an orc's corpse of all things, that's just jackassery for all the other crap the orcs have to put up with.

Hope you come back though, just stay away from orcs. They look like fun, but man do you all seem to have it rough with EVERYONE trying to kill you all the time.

Beib (Guest)Tue 01-Sep-09 09:18 PM

#85590, "Should have stuck around"
In response to Reply #1

I kept looking for you after your note but we never crossed paths again.

Abernytee (Guest)Wed 02-Sep-09 06:05 AM

#85606, "Amusing to read given how much you did it to others"
In response to Reply #1

You were an ass of a character, I hope it was RP.

-----Abernyte

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #85498 Previous topic | Next topic