Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Oethipius T'llathereyon the Ja..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #85158
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 26-Aug-09 06:32 AM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85158, "(RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Oethipius T'llathereyon the Jaguar of Justice, Provost Magistrate"

Wed Aug 26 06:31:48 2009

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Oethipius perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:296

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Do you think swiftstrike allows for more return attacks..., Pro (Guest), 28-Aug-09 12:37 PM, #63
Reply I don't really know the answer to that, but..., Oethipius (Guest), 28-Aug-09 05:44 PM, #67
Reply Good!, Xagu (Guest), 27-Aug-09 01:52 AM, #46
Reply Oh ya, GLWYN (nt), Xagu (Guest), 27-Aug-09 03:03 AM, #49
Reply Ouch! Multikilling?, Arrna (Guest), 27-Aug-09 04:40 AM, #51
Reply haha, you'd have to be an orc to understand, Xagu (Guest), 27-Aug-09 11:09 AM, #56
Reply RE: Good!, Oethipius (Guest), 28-Aug-09 04:06 AM, #61
Reply Now HERE is an elf who loved his mother! n/t, Freud (Guest), 26-Aug-09 09:50 PM, #45
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Oethipius T'llathereyon th..., Tangni (Guest), 26-Aug-09 06:02 PM, #26
Reply Goodbyes, Oethipius (Guest), 26-Aug-09 05:47 PM, #20
Reply Also..., Oethipius (Guest), 26-Aug-09 05:57 PM, #24
Reply You not talked smack too muches., Pleebert (Guest), 26-Aug-09 09:32 PM, #43
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Fror (Guest), 26-Aug-09 07:28 PM, #39
Reply I get nothing???, Edika (Guest), 26-Aug-09 09:15 PM, #42
Reply RE: I get nothing???, Oethipius (Guest), 26-Aug-09 09:32 PM, #44
Reply :( Not a single word...., Arrna (Guest), 27-Aug-09 04:36 AM, #50
Reply Whoops!, Oethipius (Guest), 27-Aug-09 08:08 PM, #59
     Reply yeah... Gear is my bane..., Arrna (Guest), 28-Aug-09 02:21 AM, #60
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Baerinika, 27-Aug-09 09:55 AM, #52
Reply Question about Oethipius' following Baer, Tyraniel (Guest), 28-Aug-09 03:27 PM, #66
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Artenno (Guest), 27-Aug-09 10:00 AM, #54
Reply How you forgot me Ill never know :P, Durble (Guest), 27-Aug-09 02:47 PM, #58
Reply A Goodbye, Archbaron, 26-Aug-09 05:35 PM, #19
Reply How does someone like this get Provost, CD (Guest), 26-Aug-09 04:58 PM, #15
Reply RE: How does someone like this get Provost, Daevryn, 26-Aug-09 05:10 PM, #16
     Reply This is a genuine question, not a hit on the character., RuleClarity (Guest), 26-Aug-09 05:27 PM, #17
     Reply RE: This is a genuine question, not a hit on the charac..., Daevryn, 26-Aug-09 05:31 PM, #18
     Reply I agree, Masigner (Guest), 27-Aug-09 02:14 AM, #48
     Reply Umm, Oethipius (Guest), 26-Aug-09 05:50 PM, #21
     Reply Good Character. But, Satoshi (Guest), 26-Aug-09 06:43 PM, #30
     Reply RE: Good Character. But, Oethipius (Guest), 26-Aug-09 07:09 PM, #34
          Reply Checking People Congregation is allowed...stxt, Edika (Guest), 27-Aug-09 01:48 PM, #57
               Reply I allowed Magistrates to conduct interviews..., Fendril (Guest), 28-Aug-09 06:20 AM, #62
               Reply RE: Checking People Congregation is allowed...stxt, satoshi (Guest), 28-Aug-09 01:29 PM, #64
                    Reply Check the Wording...stxt, WTF (Guest), 28-Aug-09 02:42 PM, #65
     Reply OOOORRRR....you missing this one...stxt, Edika (Guest), 26-Aug-09 08:21 PM, #40
     Reply RE: This is a genuine question, not a hit on the charac..., Isildur, 26-Aug-09 06:03 PM, #27
     Reply The thing is..., Oethipius (Guest), 26-Aug-09 05:59 PM, #25
          Reply I beg to differ., Thuul (Guest), 26-Aug-09 06:56 PM, #32
               Reply Um, Oethipius (Guest), 26-Aug-09 07:12 PM, #36
Reply Good stuff, Masigner (Guest), 26-Aug-09 11:48 AM, #12
Reply I gotta know. Did I warrant you correctly? nt, Oethipius (Guest), 26-Aug-09 08:26 PM, #41
     Reply Honest answer?, Masigner (Guest), 27-Aug-09 02:10 AM, #47
Reply Solid foe, good rp, Quird (Guest), 26-Aug-09 10:19 AM, #8
Reply RE: Solid foe, good rp, Sulye (Guest), 26-Aug-09 10:43 AM, #9
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Oethipius T'llathereyon th..., Artenno (Guest), 26-Aug-09 10:13 AM, #7
Reply That's really odd..., Oethipius (Guest), 26-Aug-09 06:19 PM, #29
     Reply RE: That's really odd..., Artenno (Guest), 27-Aug-09 09:59 AM, #53
Reply Solid Tribunal, Srithra (Guest), 26-Aug-09 09:12 AM, #6
Reply Hehe, Oethipius (Guest), 26-Aug-09 05:52 PM, #22
Reply So long provost, Kalisda (Guest), 26-Aug-09 09:08 AM, #5
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Oethipius T'llathereyon th..., Sulye (Guest), 26-Aug-09 08:45 AM, #4
Reply I pretty much echo this, Guy (Guest), 26-Aug-09 04:37 PM, #14
Reply Bah, How am I going to get a new city now?, Low rank trib (Guest), 26-Aug-09 07:57 AM, #3
Reply Bah! I'll miss the guy who makes me warranted! Plus an..., Lornis (Guest), 26-Aug-09 07:18 AM, #2
Reply Everyone needs a troll hide, Oethipius (Guest), 26-Aug-09 05:55 PM, #23
     Reply RE: Everyone needs a troll hide, Fror (Guest), 26-Aug-09 07:19 PM, #38
Reply Weak!! nt, Baerinika, 26-Aug-09 07:05 AM, #1
     Reply How?, Pro (Guest), 26-Aug-09 11:18 AM, #10
          Reply For deleting!, Baerinika, 26-Aug-09 11:31 AM, #11
               Reply He was fun to be around and, Pro (Guest), 26-Aug-09 11:57 AM, #13
                    Reply That "I don't know what", Oethipius (Guest), 26-Aug-09 06:14 PM, #28
                         Reply I take it back., Pro (Guest), 26-Aug-09 06:49 PM, #31
                              Reply Honestly, sorry., Oethipius (Guest), 26-Aug-09 07:02 PM, #33
                                   Reply He was trying to compliment you, guy., Java, 26-Aug-09 07:11 PM, #35
                                        Reply Well hell. Apologies then. I took it as I was missing s..., Oethipius (Guest), 26-Aug-09 07:13 PM, #37
                                             Reply Some characters have a cool/menacing silence about them..., Pro (Guest), 27-Aug-09 10:58 AM, #55

Pro (Guest)Fri 28-Aug-09 12:37 PM

#85344, "Do you think swiftstrike allows for more return attacks..."
In response to Reply #0

Compared to an arial dagger spec firing off just concealeds?

Oethipius (Guest)Fri 28-Aug-09 05:44 PM

#85358, "I don't really know the answer to that, but..."
In response to Reply #63

I can say that when I fought Malakhi, unless he dbed me, usually the one dealing more responsive damage (aka concealed/swiftstrike) was whoever pulled off a hamstring, which was usually him, but I think I got him fleeing two times, and both times I got a hamstring in.

I'll also note that my concealed was 90% with 100% swifstrike.

Xagu (Guest)Thu 27-Aug-09 01:52 AM

#85247, "Good!"
In response to Reply #0

Oethipius was always up for pwning orcs it seemed, I hated how you would walk around with lieutenants then release them when you saw someone to attack. I gathered that you were upset when you died and lost some stuff but let me ask, how much con do you think you took off of us orcs? I think it's pretty safe to say that between you and the Fort multikilling us left and right that looting your equipment was justified. Not like you didn't come right back with lieutenants, rape me with them and then loot me back anyway.

Xagu (Guest)Thu 27-Aug-09 03:03 AM

#85250, "Oh ya, GLWYN (nt)"
In response to Reply #46

nt

Arrna (Guest)Thu 27-Aug-09 04:40 AM

#85252, "Ouch! Multikilling?"
In response to Reply #46

Guess I'm not online as much as I used to be... This far I've killed Xagu once, Srithra once (or twice?) and Dakazhul (Eer, ALOT of times but that's over like 250 hours or so...) Never got to face Pleebert even.

But I've seen some of your logs so... Well yeah...

Anyways, as a Maran/squire it's almost impossible to not hunt someone evil when you run past them (unless you've got some honor role or something).

Eeer, not going to take over the thread here. Orcs sure ain't got it easy though.

Xagu (Guest)Thu 27-Aug-09 11:09 AM

#85263, "haha, you'd have to be an orc to understand"
In response to Reply #51

It's not multi killing like that, people just line up and take turns with the orcs like at the fair or something. It's all good

Oethipius (Guest)Fri 28-Aug-09 04:06 AM

#85324, "RE: Good!"
In response to Reply #46

I probably only took of at most 1 to 1.33 con off each of you orcs. You probably don't remember but I rolled Ghollis, an orc, recently, and I was the only hero range orc besides Dakazhul, so I definitely experienced what you have to experience, but alone, and hence why I almost never looted (until that last time when I needed gear after your warbanners ) much aka you guys always keep your weapons and gear.

Freud (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 09:50 PM

#85230, "Now HERE is an elf who loved his mother! n/t"
In response to Reply #0

-

Tangni (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 06:02 PM

#85198, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Oethipius T'llathereyon th..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see you go, you genuinely threw a lot of curve balls at me by playing as a person that was the polar opposite to one of my beliefs and spot on with the other. It made for a lot of interesting situations.

Oethipius (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 05:47 PM

#85192, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

I guess for the last 100 hours I wasn’t feeling really into the char anymore. I just sort of burned out I guess, maybe from too much playing? I don’t know. Perhaps partly my fault, I’m not sure, but I was almost always the only Magistrate around, making the CB channel very boring. Raiding solo always averaged half an hour or more + 30 gold and a lot of walking, so raiding was even boring. This also bugs me how outlanders can raid solo. I’m still VERY irked by it.

In the beginning of this char’s life I played a lot like Mahendorin where I just went straight into fights just for the heck of it (and w/o preps) so I burned a lot of con. Then when I got down to 9 I realized that I should be careful so I rarely fought. Then I made provincial, got the +2 con from Baer, the +2 con from …something, and +1 con from drawing the Emperor’s card (still don’t know what the moon card did), and I was like jeez, this is boring staying in the city, so I started getting more active and using preps (usually). But then I started fighting several people at once in situations that I shouldn’t have been in and didn’t need to be in, so I still died a lot even with preps. This was my first dex based warrior, so it took some time to get used to, and I think I still was trying to get used to it by the end, but I think I got the jist of how to sort of play them.

Baer: Thanks so much for everything, from the early tat to the extra con that I didn’t realize you gave me until much later to the title. I’m not sure I really deserved that all, and really you and Marcatis having made me provost and me deleting this early are sort of the things that I really weighed when wondering if I should delete.

That imm: Heh, well me saying “gank” was yeah. Bleh. I really regretted using that before you even sent me a tell, but by then it was too late to retract it so…the thing is I didn’t even plan to

Marcatis: Sorry for deleting. Like I said, I really felt bad for pulling this on you but my workload somehow increased drastically beyond what I had expected so I needed to cut back on CF.

Artenno: Impossible to hate you, and I still regret taking those healings from you at the Tree that time. Should have stuck to my role, but you’re always too hard to resist. Whenever I got poisoned I always secretly hoped you would heal me, but you know, RP wise I had to frown at you when you did.

Frorania: Thanks for everything, from helping getting gear to keeping me company during boring hours. Awesome char, hope the five + five lasts long enough to get your through a lot!

Astomel and Shyrauk: Thanks for taking me places. I forget the word you used…pretentious? But Shyrauk, if you wanted something, you could have asked more strongly for it. I’m not some gear whore or something despite liking hummingbird pendants.

If I didn’t mention you, you’re already dead or you probably don’t stick out strongly in my mind, or I didn’t interact with you enough, or I plan to respond to you on a response. But, I could also be totally blanking out, so if I missed you, just respond and I’ll certainly say awesome things about you!

Oethipius (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 05:57 PM

#85196, "Also..."
In response to Reply #20

People seem to be saying I talked smack...I don't remember talking smack, to be honest, so I'm really confused. I think I only talked smack to two people, and that "talking smack" was saying I was going to kill them/ Don't enter my Cities while warranted. And if you can't take that, then...I don't know.

But, if you do remember me saying something different, please post so I can take back my stupidity and admit I talked smack.

Pleebert (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 09:32 PM

#85227, "You not talked smack too muches."
In response to Reply #24

Had big ugly elf face, doh, dat for sure.

Momma liked you en hated yous. Was break me face wit dem guards in one round, even when me was younger den yous. Yous follow me ta Clan villages, kill all guards like dem made of butter(or elf) and den jus follow me around. Really annoyinglike. Made Momma wanna break yer face.

Course.

I was just lettim them guards do dat. Could killedum any time I wanted.

Roll orc.

Join Momma.
Be ma Baby.

Fror (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 07:28 PM

#85217, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #20

You're welcome, I believe I spent more time chatting with you than doing anything else with you. I think I didn't really get you any gear, except that one time you nearly got full-looted by orcs I think, not to mention out of range orcs while we were battling the in range ones. I like this character in most point of view, except for the Tribunal parts. I felt that there was far too much abuse of the Magistrate rules(not solely by you) and there wasn't anyone setting a proper guideline for it.

I echo the rest, glwyn.

Edika (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 09:15 PM

#85224, "I get nothing???"
In response to Reply #20

You totally forgot about me. I loved your character so much that I created an elf to join the spire. Remember the elf guy asking you questions at the butcher in Galadon?

How many pieces of gear did we swap? I even gave a recommendation to that previous provost for you. I haven't seen a magistrate track my vanishes all over Galadon like you did. I think you almost had me couple of times.

That one time you asked for that Orb of Travel, I asked if you needed Shyrauk to shield you. Your response was that you will get shield from the evil invoker magistrate. I always thought a Jaguar/Baer follower never associates with any evil. I think I told you that. I think this is the only event that I felt you broke your role.

You were an awesome friend. I kept things/armors/weapons around just so I can give it to you when you woke up. I hope you enjoyed the daggers, the whip and other stuff.

Oethipius (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 09:32 PM

#85228, "RE: I get nothing???"
In response to Reply #42

!!!
That was you? Okay so that was why someone who seemed so knowledgable about Thera didn't know even how to apply to the Tribunals. That really had me confused. making me sad that I deleted.

But you were one of hte best friends Oeth had. I hope we somehow meet each other in the future! *wink wink tag tag*

Arrna (Guest)Thu 27-Aug-09 04:36 AM

#85251, ":( Not a single word...."
In response to Reply #20

... Anyways, Arrna liked you at first, but become more and more annoyed with you. Without saying to much, Arrna expects everyone of the light to be as her squires and Marans, either that or the acolytes or scribes. So of course she was disapointed in you.

Me, as a player really liked you. You went into fights that you perhaps shouldn't have but I know how fun it is to play balls to the walls and how fun it is to face those people who do. I also liked your RP, though you did a few questionable things I must say. As killing the giant lobster with me and Dargin when I was wanted. I was like CRAP! This guy won't make provost as we've planed!

Anyways! Cool char! And I hope you return soon with something equally cool!

Oethipius (Guest)Thu 27-Aug-09 08:08 PM

#85295, "Whoops!"
In response to Reply #50

Sorry, forgot about you. That's a little...odd, but yeah.

And I helped Dargin to aid the light, and I did stretch it, but hey, I'm an elf.

Just as a heads up, we all like gear, but sometimes I felt that you liked gear a bit TOO much. But a great char, otherwise!

Arrna (Guest)Fri 28-Aug-09 02:21 AM

#85322, "yeah... Gear is my bane..."
In response to Reply #59

really... I have an issue with gear, and it has an issue with me... When I don't have it, I don't care about it. When I have it, I feel as if I don't care about it. (Meaning I don't let it hamper my game play at all.) BUT, when I die and I return to my corpse missing like 2 pieces I get overly upset... I'm trying my best to just recall/quit before I do something stupid... But a lot of the time a few badly chosen words escapes me... (Some lowbie got to hear that yesterday and afterwards I really REALLY hate myself for it...)

But, we all have our problems. Gear is mine.

BaerinikaThu 27-Aug-09 09:55 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85256, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #20

You're welcome for everything. I wasn't going to tattoo you quite that early but then I watched you for HOURS sitting in Galadon fending off wave after wave of Outlanders and you finally killed Mergen and I was like...ok that's way braver than I could ever play anything so...I slapped you with the tat. I hope it didn't kick your ass too much. I'm curious if you felt it was unfair or not. Trib Baer follower is not an easy thing to play. I think Outlander Baer follower is much easier because you have much more freedom to pick your own fights than you do as a Tribunal where you have to be more or less ready for the fight to come to you (and boy did it ever). Likewise, Baer's personality fits a little better towards Outlander dogma. Left to her own devices, she basically would just (and did) tell you to purge the Spire of all evil, that it doesn't belong there. Game mechanically, sure, I know it doesn't work that way, but Baer is kind of a hard ass about that stuff. I loved having you and Tangy around to play off each other. My Tribunal and my Outlander, similar titles, same race and sphere, totally diametric ideals. I thought that was awesome.

Good luck on your next. Try a Maran!

Tyraniel (Guest)Fri 28-Aug-09 03:27 PM

#85351, "Question about Oethipius' following Baer"
In response to Reply #52

I understand that I only had a very small piece of the picture, but I always wondered about how Oethipius could raid (and gank) side by side with the mummy and A-P without any negative Baer consequences.

I would've thought just standing beside someone evil outside the city would've been justification for a Baer follower to attack whether they were also in the Spire or not.

I also noticed a lot of what looked like evil-tainted equipment on Oethipius at different times (worn I mean). I recall Innis once kicking my ass as a follower of his when I had something on that had an evil taint and I hadn't detected it (I was a bard then and didn't have that spell/commune).

This isn't intended to be a dig at the player, just curious about how these kinds of Character actions get reconciled with a lightwalker.

Thanks!

Artenno (Guest)Thu 27-Aug-09 10:00 AM

#85258, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #20

Thanks, man, I did really enjoy our interactions. I think the evil-good Tribunal tension between two people that have respect for each other yields for some unique and amazing RP opportunities. I do wish you had stick around more.

Durble (Guest)Thu 27-Aug-09 02:47 PM

#85276, "How you forgot me Ill never know :P"
In response to Reply #20

I liked this character. A real solid stick to your guns elf lawman. We got off on the wrong foot, you died to call lightning on the east road and I nabbed the prayer beads from your corpse and a few daggers, and that pretty much set me up to hero. Of course, then I had this tribby that HATED me, who started showing up at the Captains ship to hang out, was pretty much in Galadon all the time. So at that point, still not knowing you that well, I kinda just went outta my way to be the pesky little gnome thief that stole from you and reminded you of it. Truthfully, I wanted to test Oeth and his tribbyhood. You coulda nailed me any of a number of times you suspected me of stealing, and probably woulda been right. But you wanted hard evidence to nail me, and wouldnt be the guy to catch me unless my hand was in the jar, and that was commendable. Im sure it ate at you sometimes but everything I saw from this character scremed Good tribby to me. Towards the end I kinda made it a personal goal to see if I could make your char like me after all that had happened, looked like we were on that path too. Anyhow, good job and sorry for all the grief

ArchbaronWed 26-Aug-09 05:35 PM
Member since 23rd Aug 2009
1 posts
#85191, "A Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

My first character was exposed to Oethipius rather early in my character's life. It was interesting to see him wander the streets, and he always impressed me with his guards and long title. I'm sure the role was intense and busy, and I wish the player the best of luck in their future roles.

CD (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 04:58 PM

#85187, "How does someone like this get Provost"
In response to Reply #0

He broke a great many rules that are clearly written in the book of how to conduct themselves as magistrates. Everyone must abide by the laws. he did that. But he broke simple and well spelled out RULES of the spire.

DaevrynWed 26-Aug-09 05:10 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#85188, "RE: How does someone like this get Provost"
In response to Reply #15

I can think of one rule (hiding in other guilds). That's about as much as I ever saw him do.

RuleClarity (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 05:27 PM

#85189, "This is a genuine question, not a hit on the character."
In response to Reply #16

I always assumed that the Provost, Vindicator, or Justiciar had to use their guards only to attack or pursue WANTED characters. This character constantly brought guards with him outside of town to just hunt or sit by him and wait for someone to attack him. I made a mention of it to him and he no longer actively hunted me with guards unless I attacked him or was WANTED after that but I would like to clarify. Can they bring their lieutenants with them to kill anything anytime, or is that regulated?

DaevrynWed 26-Aug-09 05:31 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#85190, "RE: This is a genuine question, not a hit on the charac..."
In response to Reply #17

My understanding is that you're mistaken.

(I am not a Tribunal imm.)

Masigner (Guest)Thu 27-Aug-09 02:14 AM

#85249, "I agree"
In response to Reply #18

At least one of those definitely is allowed to use guards on unwanted people.

I think all three are. Whether your role would lead you to do it is another matter.

Oethipius (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 05:50 PM

#85193, "Umm"
In response to Reply #17

First of all, I can only think of one person who I attacked with guards, and I attacked you because I was hunting someone down, and you being there meant you were going to protect him, and I didn't want to bother with you so I attacked you to get you the hell out. The law says we use the guards for trib related reasons, so I only used them when attacking in a raid/reraid, criminals, or outlanders.

I brought the guards out 90% of the time for a trib related reason (if you saw me out I was out because the vindicator network told me of a criminal out there), and the other 10% was because I was going somewhere for a trib related reason and I wanted a good deterrent to not be annoyed by people attacking me.

Satoshi (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 06:43 PM

#85204, "Good Character. But"
In response to Reply #21

I wanted to fight you more but it never seemed to happen.
Anyways you flagged me once for no reason, talking about I
attacked the drillmaster in hamsah when I was nowhere close.
Then I asked if you asked him did I attack and you said you didnt
need to. no investigation or nothing I just think you hated evil
and wanted to annoy me. And I also hated coming to your city because
of that one time you walked in my guild just to see what I was wearing and left. I think you abused your powers and I really didnt think you should have been a leader.

GLWYN, hope its not tribunal.

Oethipius (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 07:09 PM

#85209, "RE: Good Character. But"
In response to Reply #30

I said I didn't need to because that wasn't what I based my warrant on, but I did ask him if you attacked him and he said yes. The thing is, two others also said they heard you bash him, so I warranted, though I guess from the looks of it they lied, and I warranted wrongly, and my apologies for that. Contrary to how it looks like, i did try always to warrant based solely on the facts. And I didn't know you well enough to want to annoy you really. And sorry for coming into your guild that time when i was mag of galadon. i heard news that scions were congregating arond galadon for w.e. reason (which in hindsight wasn't true, so I was peeking in to make sure I knew what I needed to expect), but I regret having done that, and yes, that was against trib rules, and i should have been demoted for that.

You probably could have asked for a fight, but usually I didn't feel like fighting scions unless wanted (even pre - Provost) simply because I saw no benefit, and there were plenty of fortress people for you to kill.

Edika (Guest)Thu 27-Aug-09 01:48 PM

#85273, "Checking People Congregation is allowed...stxt"
In response to Reply #34

I am pretty sure you are suppose to check all place where there is a crowd. It is very much possible that there is a crime going on and others are just watching. I don't think you should have been demoted for walking inside the guild to check-up on the crowd.

Tlingit allowed his Magistrates to enter any guild saying they are there to know the guild better or something of the sort. So, if there is a crime, they can respond faster.

Fendril (Guest)Fri 28-Aug-09 06:20 AM

#85326, "I allowed Magistrates to conduct interviews..."
In response to Reply #57

In a guild that was not theirs. I think it is all in the interpertation on what "Immediate Tribunal Business" is. To me, an interview could be included, to another, it may not be.

satoshi (Guest)Fri 28-Aug-09 01:29 PM

#85347, "RE: Checking People Congregation is allowed...stxt"
In response to Reply #57

this makes no sense, there was no crime and how is me in my guild alone a crowd?

WTF (Guest)Fri 28-Aug-09 02:42 PM

#85350, "Check the Wording...stxt"
In response to Reply #64

If there is a "CROWD", Magistrates are allowed to investigate. So if the few people are collecting in one guild, magistrates are allowed to enter that guild.

If you sitting there alone, its can be justified as hi fault. But before responding, READ.

Edika (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 08:21 PM

#85220, "OOOORRRR....you missing this one...stxt"
In response to Reply #21

You were coming to the Inn to *tag* me and then run out.

IsildurWed 26-Aug-09 06:03 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#85199, "RE: This is a genuine question, not a hit on the charac..."
In response to Reply #17

If he's standing there with guards outside town, and you attack him, what do you expect him to do? Flee and release the guards, just so you can fight him without them? That's stupid. You saw the guards and decided to attack. Caveat impugnor.

If he's hunting with them, then presumably he's hunting outlanders or wanted people, or possibly "career criminals". I agree, though, that if he used guards to punk random people he had a grudge against...then that's lame.

Oethipius (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 05:59 PM

#85197, "The thing is..."
In response to Reply #16

I guess I broke that early on, but that was only to chat with people. Besides that, Tribs are allowed to enter other guilds, but I don't ever remember staying in a guild for longer than two or three hours, and I only "hid" in there to rest up a bit and avoid death, which is allowed by Law.

Thuul (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 06:56 PM

#85206, "I beg to differ."
In response to Reply #25

and I only "hid" in there to rest up a bit and avoid death, which is allowed by Law.<<<<

Do a forum search on the Graveyard for my good by thread.

Worst experience in this game ever.

Oethipius (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 07:12 PM

#85211, "Um"
In response to Reply #32

that was two years ago. and I suppose that was Lyristeon, but Marcatis and Lyristeon have different ideas, and as long as I had been fighting in the city and was fleeing for an an hour or two in order to give me a chance to escape into either my guild or heal or get into the Spire (when they were lagged from murder attack), it was acceptable by me, and by Marcatis.

also, you RPed a smart alec in that, and I'm not surprised you got the boot.

Masigner (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 11:48 AM

#85175, "Good stuff"
In response to Reply #0

Apart from killing the huntress every time I went to retrieve!

Oethipius (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 08:26 PM

#85222, "I gotta know. Did I warrant you correctly? nt"
In response to Reply #12

fds

Masigner (Guest)Thu 27-Aug-09 02:10 AM

#85248, "Honest answer?"
In response to Reply #41

I don't know. Probably.

I didn't plan to attack in town, and I thought I was out of town, but it might have been on the edge of town that I attacked.

My role is such that I wouldn't care whether it is justified (for your point of view) or not though, so I never went back to look at my log. In her eyes, you flagging her for breaking the law is as bad as flagging her by mistake.

Quird (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 10:19 AM

#85168, "Solid foe, good rp"
In response to Reply #0

And I echo what sulye said about connections, yours did seem to suck. I can remember about three seperate occasions I walked in on you, not realising you were even in the area because you weren't on 'where'. I'd then have to flee your guards and resist the temptation to subvert one while you were LD! Lieutenants are the bane of all wanted people - the fact they have perma-haste and a high mob level makes them nasty even to defensive chars.

You had some great banter and a lot of heart but I expected more out of an entwining tribunal in pk. Though your whips definetly hurt regardless, cutting through most of my protection. Stay classy, see you in the fields.

Sulye (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 10:43 AM

#85169, "RE: Solid foe, good rp"
In response to Reply #8

>guards and resist the temptation to subvert one while you were LD!

You don't even have to subvert if he's auto-assisting them. The guards attack, then he enters combat via auto-assist. That's probably a bug.

Artenno (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 10:13 AM

#85166, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Oethipius T'llathereyon th..."
In response to Reply #0

You indeed were a great tribunal. You were very gutsy. You were confident. You gave your enemies a good fight, at times, winning, at times, losing, but a good fight nonetheless. You were in a difficult situation of being a goodie leader with an ally who was evil. I thought you handled it quite well. Your RP was superb and you took charge leading raids.

That said, and please take it constructively and with a grain of salt that this is my perspective only and I do not have the birdseye view on this, I do think you were a Vindicator-Provost. Your interest primarily was in defeating the enemies of the Spire and bringing in the criminals. You would have made a superb Vindicator and I think you would have lasted a lot longer without the pressure of being the inducter/interviewer. You made very little effort into building the Cabal and attracting other members. (That said, I have no good suggestion as to what you could have done... Tribunal just does not attract people for some reason, so perhaps this is just me talking.)

I was giving you a bit of a lip as Artenno, do know that I had the ultimate respect for you and would have followed you to the edge of Thera. I truly enjoyed the evil-good interaction that we had going and will miss it dearly.

*bow*

Oethipius (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 06:19 PM

#85202, "That's really odd..."
In response to Reply #7

considering my lack of ability to PK well due to lack of desire to prep (i didn't even use stone skin and such because I hated either having to walk to reget it after use or not wanting to wait out time if i got rigid/poisoned).

even more odd is the fact that my primary interest was actually defending the walls and not going out. i went out later in life MUCH more often due to simply not having much to do in the city, as people slowly (as with all new provosts) learned that attackign in cities with a provost awake is 90% of the time a bad idea.

also, i always stayed in but when marcatis said that I should go out more and be an external as well as an internal provost, i took that as to get the hell out more and bring in criminals.

Artenno (Guest)Thu 27-Aug-09 09:59 AM

#85257, "RE: That's really odd..."
In response to Reply #29

I stand by my statement - you were very gutsy and really provided what the Spire needed at the time. I truly enjoyed standing by your side as an ally/non-ally. GLWYN.

Srithra (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 09:12 AM

#85165, "Solid Tribunal"
In response to Reply #0

Not so sure about the goodie or the elf part, but you definitely played a solid tribunal.

I enjoyed our fights, up until you got detect hidden everywhere and those ####ing guards (even with the scales) which just plain rape.

I must say, your timidness and unwillingness to fight outside the city against me a lower ranks was frustrating, but then it isn't like I was running in and attacked either.

The turnaround from elf I can totally kill with one bash... maybe two, to elf that might kill me in the space of batter lag was sure rough, but hey such is the life of an orc.

Overall I liked this character mostly, although the time you and a fort elf and an outlander elf came to the orc village was uncool in my book.

Oethipius (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 05:52 PM

#85194, "Hehe"
In response to Reply #6

Well as you said, I'm not willing to fight you when you can kill me in one or two bashes, and that's at low levels when concealed hardly works, so I wasn't THAT suicidal.

Kalisda (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 09:08 AM

#85164, "So long provost"
In response to Reply #0

I really did enjoy the times we got to briefly intereact, though duty always pulled you away it seems. Always tried to be friendly with you, even after I got the warrant.

And I have to echo Lornis since I was there, a very classy move getting him his things back from that guy, I was shocked you did it considering he had just attacked you and gotten killed. That's the kind of provost you have to respect, one who does the job even though you know that person you helped might just try to kill you again in five minutes.

My favorite moment: We were on the outskirts and rather than kill me you asked if I was planning on joining the fortress soon .

Hope you come back with something equally good.

Sulye (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 08:45 AM

#85163, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Oethipius T'llathereyon th..."
In response to Reply #0

Man, you really need to get a new internet provider or something. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone lose link as often as you did. Otherwise you seemed okay. Not sure why people ragged on you so much.

Guy (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 04:37 PM

#85185, "I pretty much echo this"
In response to Reply #4

I was both a ranking buddy to you as Veror

And a recent foe, could not figure out why some people disliked you so much.

But I heard you had some issue with talking smack, I never caught any of it.

All I can say, I liked what I saw. Figure if you solve whatever that one issue was, you'd be a classy classy fella.

Low rank trib (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 07:57 AM

#85162, "Bah, How am I going to get a new city now?"
In response to Reply #0

Hope you had fun though. See you with your next.

Lornis (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 07:18 AM

#85161, "Bah! I'll miss the guy who makes me warranted! Plus an..."
In response to Reply #0

Bah! You were a good foe and I enjoyed our many skirmishes toward the end there. I was always so shocked when you didn't attack me outside of the cities when we would both be lurking about the refuge. I guess it was maybe because you couldn't detect evil! Anyway, I wanted to apologize for that time I killed you in galadon for that certain thing and then sacced a few pieces of your gear. Ug...a troll hide, seriously, what did you have that for?

I was pretty frustrated that you basically gave the nice item then to Dupmasione who in no way was hurting for good equipment. Oh well. Also...why did you get my gear back that last time? I was totally reserved to having to go and regear, but was shockingly surprised to see it come back to me. I thought you were solid and I can see why Baer liked you so much early on.

Good job!

Oethipius (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 05:55 PM

#85195, "Everyone needs a troll hide"
In response to Reply #2

That troll hide was just a way for me to, along with heart of brimstone, not be hit by fire seeds from druids and the Spirit.

Sorry for giving it to Dup, but I like the humminbird pendant more. I didn't give it for free. And then again, I actually gave it to Fror, who gave it to Dup.

I helped you get your gear back because even though you made me waste a lot of gold and made the Cities HORRIBLE with your Scion portals, I didn't need to take gear, only weapons.

Fror (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 07:19 PM

#85214, "RE: Everyone needs a troll hide"
In response to Reply #23

So yeah. Gave away the pendant, gave away the amulet, what do I get left? Prayer beads. Gave away prayer beads too.

BaerinikaWed 26-Aug-09 07:05 AM
338 posts
#85160, "Weak!! nt"
In response to Reply #0

There will be no white flag above my door. - Dido

Pro (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 11:18 AM

#85171, "How?"
In response to Reply #1

Just curious.

BaerinikaWed 26-Aug-09 11:31 AM
338 posts
#85174, "For deleting!"
In response to Reply #10

I'm mostly just giving him ####. I (obviously) rather liked Opi.

Pro (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 11:57 AM

#85178, "He was fun to be around and"
In response to Reply #11

One of those characters that looks cool when in the realms. My interactions were all of me getting owned by him and little talk but there was just that ... "I don't know what."

Oethipius (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 06:14 PM

#85200, "That "I don't know what""
In response to Reply #13

was probably my "i don't really care who you are and i'm not really interested so i don't feel like investing my time in getting to really know who you are besides small talk" and my multi-tasking where i don't have time or the concentration to usually go in-depth regarding...well, anything.

Pro (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 06:49 PM

#85205, "I take it back."
In response to Reply #28

You didn't understand what I wrote and came back with douche baggery.

Oethipius (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 07:02 PM

#85208, "Honestly, sorry."
In response to Reply #31

I dont know who you play(ed), so I can't really give you a good reason why I didn't seem like a great player, so I was trying to give a solid reason for a possible reason. I do do a lot of other stuff while playing CF regarding work and schoolwork, and I also don't like trying to really go out and RP unless I interact with you a lot. It's a main reason why half the time I nod in greeting instead of actually saying "greetings." (i know, stupid, but yeah). No douchebaggery intended, and if you could clarify what you wrote it would be much appreciated (also to let me make a better char next time around)

JavaWed 26-Aug-09 07:11 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#85210, "He was trying to compliment you, guy."
In response to Reply #33

He didn't say anything negative.

Saying you had the "I don't know what", was his way of saying you had some intangible quality that made you special.

But you're being way to whiny and defensive on this thread to really deserve that praise. Hopefully you were better IC.

Oethipius (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 07:13 PM

#85212, "Well hell. Apologies then. I took it as I was missing s..."
In response to Reply #35

f

Pro (Guest)Thu 27-Aug-09 10:58 AM

#85260, "Some characters have a cool/menacing silence about them..."
In response to Reply #37

This one felt that way to me. I can't explain it because more often than not silence = Asshat/newbie/ETL.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #85158 Previous topic | Next topic