Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vaez the Taiotoshi" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84942
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 19-Aug-09 09:32 PM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84942, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vaez the Taiotoshi"

Wed Aug 19 21:29:51 2009

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Vaez perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:154

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vaez the Taiotoshi, Vaez (Guest), 22-Aug-09 02:16 AM, #11
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vaez the Taiotoshi, Vaez (Guest), 19-Aug-09 09:45 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vaez the Taiotoshi, Pasiphae (Guest), 19-Aug-09 09:50 PM, #2
     Reply Ouch man...that sucks., Minyar1 (Guest), 20-Aug-09 08:43 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vaez the Taiotoshi, Daevryn, 20-Aug-09 09:06 AM, #4
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vaez the Taiotoshi, Vaez (Guest), 20-Aug-09 11:22 AM, #5
          Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vaez the Taiotoshi, Vaez (Guest), 20-Aug-09 11:25 AM, #6
     Reply Explanation, Ghrummin (Guest), 20-Aug-09 02:03 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Explanation, Vaez (Guest), 20-Aug-09 04:05 PM, #8
               Reply RE: Explanation, Heh (Guest), 21-Aug-09 06:22 PM, #9
                    Reply RE: Explanation, Vaez (Guest), 21-Aug-09 09:01 PM, #10

Vaez (Guest)Sat 22-Aug-09 02:16 AM

#85001, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vaez the Taiotoshi"
In response to Reply #0

PBF is posted now. I'm really quite newb at the game (sub 6 months) so if anyone has any comments on it (role included, cause I'm quite new to writing them), please feel free to reply here about it.

Thanks!
Vaez

Vaez (Guest)Wed 19-Aug-09 09:45 PM

#84943, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vaez the Taiotoshi"
In response to Reply #0

This was my little experiment on skill perfection. My past characters have been rushes through the ranks with really no success in pvp so this one I wanted to take it slow and work on my stuff.

Was a pretty fun ride. Thanks for all of those who worked with me. Can't say I've really got a grudge with anyone.

Only bummer about the whole thing was being "Village Applicant" for over 100 hours cause I kept getting bested in the arena vs higher level applicants.

Oh well. Good times!

Pasiphae (Guest)Wed 19-Aug-09 09:50 PM

#84944, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vaez the Taiotoshi"
In response to Reply #1

I was wondering what the heck took you so long to get a hut.. Good fights at the lower ranks.

GLWYN.

Minyar1 (Guest)Thu 20-Aug-09 08:43 AM

#84949, "Ouch man...that sucks."
In response to Reply #1

Seriously, 100 hours because of arena fights? If that is the only factor then no wonder Battle has like three active people. I hope there were other factors, my start up home is still close to my heart.

DaevrynThu 20-Aug-09 09:06 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84950, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vaez the Taiotoshi"
In response to Reply #1

>cause I kept getting bested in
>the arena vs higher level applicants.

Were these people in your PK range?

Because if so... you're a high penalty character, of course most of your range is going to be higher level than you.

On the other hand, if you were like level 30 assassin having to fight like level 48 warriors, yeah that would be unfair.

Vaez (Guest)Thu 20-Aug-09 11:22 AM

#84954, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vaez the Taiotoshi"
In response to Reply #4

No, to be honest they weren't fights I -COULDN'T- win, just fights that were tough cause of some level gap, still within PK range but at the upper levels of it.

The two that stick out most in my mind were when I had to fight a warrior, I forget his level and mine, but I'd spent time raising my skills so I had 100% dodge, block, parry, unarmed defense, and I remember this guy just shredding through me in like 2 rounds and my only assumption was that level diff was allowing him to get through my avoidance.

The other was a thief I fought, he was 29, I was 23? I just remember sitting trying to trip him and he came in the room and got a backstab off before I hit him. BOOM.... I was convulsing in the first round of combat.... ouch.

Vaez (Guest)Thu 20-Aug-09 11:25 AM

#84955, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vaez the Taiotoshi"
In response to Reply #5

P.S.

Vaez has been holding on for dear life with only a couple of CON for a while now so I made a donation for his PBF perhaps a week ago, but never got any confirmation.

I assumed this was because he wasn't dead yet.

Still no confirmation or PBF, did I screw something up?

Ghrummin (Guest)Thu 20-Aug-09 02:03 PM

#84958, "Explanation"
In response to Reply #1

It's not only the arena fights, for your information. You just didn't understand what battle was about.

As for the arena fights, which was one of the ways I judged new applicants, there were some things that was just astoundingly off. The one thing that clearly comes to mind is when you lost to an elf warrior because you didn't wield an envenomed daggr (in your inventory). Then you made some lameass excuse about losing (rubbed me the wrong way).

Sorry, but given that Thror's back, I tried to take his take on the village whole heartedly. Given my rp, making that excuse was just...bleh. I gave you 5 more mages to kill, which isn't really that difficult.

Unfortunately, at the end, our times didn't mesh and I din't see you for about a week. I was glad, however, to see that you were inducted when we finally met (I was going to do it anyways).

Anyways, good luck with your next.

Vaez (Guest)Thu 20-Aug-09 04:05 PM

#84962, "RE: Explanation"
In response to Reply #7

I feel as though I did know what battle was all about, I was just trying to RP someone who was cold, calculating, and calm, so perhaps it came off that I didn't know what it was about.

Like I said, I have no regrets or hard feelings towards anyone. I know why you weren't inducting me, and though it was frustrating, I didn't feel it was unwarented.

I'm quite newb (playing since late march) so my biggest problem is I can never find the people I want to kill. Five more mage kills should have been real easy especially for an assassin, I'm just quite inept at the hunt.

It was good though, I was chillin low rank to work on my skills anyways so it didn't effect me ENORMOUSLY, cept for having the 'applicant' flag on my back for so long with no powers to defend myself.

Its all good though. You had reasons to make me wait that were more than legitimate. I totally respect the way you played Ghrum and the way you handled the induction process. I just had to pay for the fact that I'm newb, and I suppose I should.

Good playing with you!

GLWYN too!

Heh (Guest)Fri 21-Aug-09 06:22 PM

#84995, "RE: Explanation"
In response to Reply #8

I liked you man, its a tough game playing the way you did. GLWYN

Vaez (Guest)Fri 21-Aug-09 09:01 PM

#84997, "RE: Explanation"
In response to Reply #9

What way do you mean? The skill maximizing instead of ranking? Or perhaps as a complete clueless newb? Haha

Also I couldn't be sure, but I feel like berserker was wasted on this character. It could be my imagination but I feel like deathblow was much less common on Vaez than it was on my one shot at a BATTLE warrior. It also could have been the amount of time as an assassin that it was better to use a shield so I was just plain hitting less often.

Oh well.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84942 Previous topic | Next topic