Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Ithe the Affirmation of Life, Imperi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84831
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 18-Aug-09 02:52 AM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84831, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Ithe the Affirmation of Life, Imperial High Priestess"

Tue Aug 18 02:48:43 2009

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Ithe perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:171

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Ithe the Affirmation of Life, Im..., High Priestess (Guest), 18-Aug-09 10:56 AM, #1
     Reply @#$#! how am I going to rank now., Inverek (Guest), 18-Aug-09 11:53 AM, #2
     Reply Ithe was a good char and good HP, Twist, 18-Aug-09 11:55 AM, #3
     Reply In that case., High Priestess (Guest), 18-Aug-09 12:53 PM, #4
          Reply Actually, HP is only able to promote/demote because..., Twist, 18-Aug-09 04:39 PM, #8
               Reply RE: Actually, HP is only able to promote/demote because..., High Priestess (Guest), 18-Aug-09 05:53 PM, #9
               Reply Additionally update divine sect law texts to this effec..., High Priestess (Guest), 18-Aug-09 05:54 PM, #10
               Reply I swear I tried demoting people outside my sect, and co..., Former HP (Guest), 18-Aug-09 06:14 PM, #11
                    Reply RE: I swear I tried demoting people outside my sect, an..., WarEagle2 (Guest), 18-Aug-09 07:06 PM, #12
                    Reply I demoted someone in another sect, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 19-Aug-09 01:49 AM, #13
                         Reply I remember demoting someone..., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 19-Aug-09 03:45 AM, #14
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Ithe the Affirmation of Life, Im..., Daevryn, 18-Aug-09 01:01 PM, #5
     Reply don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, comr..., Aodh, 18-Aug-09 01:40 PM, #6
     Reply Unlike Daevryn, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 18-Aug-09 04:17 PM, #7
     Reply I gigged on you hardcore and got IMM xp for it :)., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 19-Aug-09 03:48 AM, #15

High Priestess (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 10:56 AM

#84860, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Ithe the Affirmation of Life, Im..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm gone. I've had problems with work and school, and lately have been in a poor mood to boot which is exacerbating my procrastination. I have finals in two weeks and am going to fail one of my classes as it is this semester.

In short I've not had interest in this character for a long while and largely prefer uncaballed characters anyway. I lost interest because of external factors, not the month and a half worth of crap hero ranges and off-hours Imperial allies I did slough through.

Originally I had the plans to play this character like Beatrice the Golden Witch or something. Really sadistic, a bully, and more often than not her means became her goals.

As time went on it became easier to actually run a cabal/interact with people when I became more like Selvaria from Valkyria Chronicles, a general (cabal leader) obsessed with Emperor Maximillian (Enlilth). In that way even in my interactions with other people I was very noble and composed for the most part, and while I was never respectful of my enemies I was at least tolerant because that's what Imperial characters really should be toward everyone. Confident in their superiority, and therefore respectful of everyone around them. I tended to bust the balls of cabalmates who didn't share my views but this only happened once. No one ever gave me #### after that again.

Enlilth, I have to voice my appreciation for rolling with me the way you did. Though I don't entirely appreciate having been mistaken for another Khrathtyn at the start, I'm one hundred percent satisfied with what I got from you. A nudge when it was appropriate, only one partial empowerment, the High Priestess position for consistently charging cabalmates moderate prices, and not being micromanaged. While I'm not too keen on empowerment, ever, I would definitely play one under you again when you're not quite as busy. I still had a three-five day long wait for empowerment I think but stuck with it because I sat down and e-mailed you right off each time we needed to have an appointment to meet up. Not my favorite way of doing things, but it worked out.

Gurgthock, I'm not quite sure what you were up to that day when you tried to bust me in Seantryn for breaking Imperial Law versus Masinger/Messervy trying to earthbind cheapkill me. In general as a character I was confident in my position, and while I regarded you as a Lord of Empire, I also acknowledged that you were basically half an immortal, and made that fact clear to your followers. I shook my head the one time I got a follower telling me he was going to get to Satan without rejuvenate and dark pact. He disappeared shortly after it became obvious that your helpfile gambit, as they always are, are designed to chase off empowerees.

Empire has a new Emperor and narrowly avoided getting a very very ####ty and infuriating Shadow Lord because of my actions. I'm reasonably content with accomplishing all that. This was my first Imperial and I'll admit I really only got High Priestess because I was the only viable candidate that was around and bitchranking the rest of the cabal who likely would never have gotten any levels without my help. The balance of power toward Goodies/Outlanders would have lasted far longer than it did without me doing my part in that respect, and partly because of characters I helped the cabal is on the up and up with remnants of it's previous leadership still in place and making it strong... and with what seems to be a renewed interest in things.

Furthermore: Fortlander does exist. The only question is whether it's coordinated/intentional or not. I'm willing to believe it's not but it still leads to cases where you have some particularly vulture-ish players spontaneously trying to flyto-gank people and getting rewards heaped on them by their imms for it (such ass Baerinika's tattoo). This will eventually get taken out on characters who are the same align, same cabal, or simply taking advantage of a situation they aren't fully aware of. The actions of any one of Fortress, Outlander or Battle can and sometimes do result in vindication on others, even in a different cabal or alignment.

Plus Ragers shouldn't be grouped with clerics for PK anyway, it's pretty much admitting that the groupmate at your back is more powerful than you and wanted.

That's all I've got, I'm not getting into long flame wars.

P.S. I wasn't in OOC communication with teh Russians. But I did promote Ahtieli. If you think for a second I was going to take advantage of his bad situation purely because he couldn't log in for 2 weeks, you're utterly mistaken. I wanted to take him down myself politically, not have him auto. And he was an all around good teammate without needing me at his hip 24/7. Gzurweeg needed me a bit more but that's understandable given his weapon, and Dakazhul needed all the allies he could get.

Inverek (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 11:53 AM

#84874, "@#$#! how am I going to rank now."
In response to Reply #1

I haven't ranked since you stopped logging in!

Seriously though you will be missed. You and a couple others help(ed) make Empire feel like Empire. You came off like this presumptuous, bossy woman, but you held all those healing cards, so we all kinda had to put up with it. Great character.

TwistTue 18-Aug-09 11:55 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84875, "Ithe was a good char and good HP"
In response to Reply #1

I wasn't "up to" anything in Seantryn. We can set it so we get a message whenever a law is broken. Whenever I see an Imperial breaking a law, I check up on it if I have the time and such. I don't think I did anything to you about it, did I?

As for the healer rejuve/dark pact/etc. thing, yeah, I warned him (as I do everyone) pretty heavily that he was going down a really tough path. I think it's *possible* to do it, I just don't think it's exceedingly likely, and I certainly wouldn't try it myself.

High Priestess (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 12:53 PM

#84880, "In that case."
In response to Reply #3

You might consider changing nightgaunts to trigger the PK adrenaline timer and not the mob adrenaline timer.

It sounds like a mechanics issue. I was mostly explaining why I never openly grovelled to you specifically (which you seemed to like about the character at least a little) using that as an example. There were times where you commented openly to the rest of the cabal what I was doing that you didn't quite agree with, which I toed the line privately in gtell blowing it off.

All in all, it was my first experience as a cabal leader. the High Priest is a mini-emperor politically due to the ability to promote and demote out of sect. I tried not to take other sects' elite spots without the other Sect Leaders' position but at the time I promoted say Glurgick, Tarleton was already emperor and it wasn't going to happen any other way.

I had fun between dashing in suicidally to commune antipathy, promoting people who I felt had proven themselves to me, giving the oath and calling folks useless furniture.

TwistTue 18-Aug-09 04:39 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#84911, "Actually, HP is only able to promote/demote because..."
In response to Reply #4

the Divine sect is in charge of enforcing Imperial Law. If I had seen you promoting/demoting based on what you felt was "merit" I might have talked to you about it. Guess I missed it.

Really, HP should never promote/demote anyone in another sect unless an Imperial Law has been broken - demote of course, and then if you are feeling charitable (read: they bribe you) you could promote them back up after the rectify the matter.

And the echo we get isn't timer-based at all - we just get an echo when one pc attacks another pc in a protected city (it's for Trib use, but it's handy for Imperial things now and then too).

High Priestess (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 05:53 PM

#84914, "RE: Actually, HP is only able to promote/demote because..."
In response to Reply #8

>the Divine sect is in charge of enforcing Imperial Law. If I
>had seen you promoting/demoting based on what you felt was
>"merit" I might have talked to you about it. Guess I missed
>it.
>
>Really, HP should never promote/demote anyone in another sect
>unless an Imperial Law has been broken - demote of course, and
>then if you are feeling charitable (read: they bribe you) you
>could promote them back up after the rectify the matter.

You might need to speak with Zulgh and Enlilth for consistency on the matter because I'm almost 100% certain Enlilth was aware I was doing exactly this, I mentioned over the cabal channel I was doing exactly that, and people were coming to me for promotions specifically when there was no Sect leader. Mostly Shadow Sect, but occasionally Oaths who I felt had been oaths for too long.

A note to me would have fixed it without having to had seen me in person.

In addition I don't have the tools that say the Justiciar does to investigate Imperial Law breakage. This may or may not be by design, but I was basically acting as Enlilth's voice and promoting/demoting under the reasoning that my decisions were His else I wouldn't be High Priest. In that way I view it as a position similar to but different from tatting.

High Priestess (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 05:54 PM

#84915, "Additionally update divine sect law texts to this effec..."
In response to Reply #8

Former HP (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 06:14 PM

#84916, "I swear I tried demoting people outside my sect, and co..."
In response to Reply #8

like... maybe 5 years ago?

WarEagle2 (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 07:06 PM

#84917, "RE: I swear I tried demoting people outside my sect, an..."
In response to Reply #11

I was under the impression you couldn't touch the Elite spots of other Sects.

But may be wrong.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Wed 19-Aug-09 01:49 AM

#84921, "I demoted someone in another sect"
In response to Reply #11

For telling me I couldn't.

Basically they said "I knew all along you were a waste of my time and that you couldn't promote me, so I just strung you along."

So I demoted them right back to blood-oat.

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Wed 19-Aug-09 03:45 AM

#84923, "I remember demoting someone..."
In response to Reply #13

...because we were raiding and they refused to do anything worthwhile.

Then when Balrahd killed me, I told them they better end up with the orb or Balrahd's head, and they sent a quasi-OOC tell to me like 'You have no power n00b' or something to that extent. So I demoted them (honestly, I tried to anathema, which I think probably would not have been ok) and they went off for 10 minutes OOC on me and told me that players like me were ruining the game for them. And then deleted.

All because they went from echelon 3 to 2. Which shocked me.

DaevrynTue 18-Aug-09 01:01 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#84885, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Ithe the Affirmation of Life, Im..."
In response to Reply #1

I don't typically agree with a lot that you have to say OOC (including some of the above), but overall I really liked this character. I even gave you XP!

AodhTue 18-Aug-09 01:40 PM
Member since 06th Jan 2005
352 posts
#84899, "don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, comr..."
In response to Reply #1

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 04:17 PM

#84910, "Unlike Daevryn"
In response to Reply #1

I agree with most of the things you say OOC. I would even say that we look at most things the same way. If I'm right about who is behind the char of course.

>P.S. I wasn't in OOC communication with teh Russians. But I
>did promote Ahtieli. If you think for a second I was going to
>take advantage of his bad situation purely because he couldn't
>log in for 2 weeks, you're utterly mistaken. I wanted to take
>him down myself politically, not have him auto. And he was an
>all around good teammate without needing me at his hip 24/7.
>Gzurweeg needed me a bit more but that's understandable given
>his weapon, and Dakazhul needed all the allies he could get.

Thanks for promotion man. Unlike some haters you are high above doing something cheap.

I can not say I knew this char good, because most of your activities were during my vacations, but I sure like what I've seen from you. Cool rp, more than just good showing in pk.

Good luck.

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Wed 19-Aug-09 03:48 AM

#84924, "I gigged on you hardcore and got IMM xp for it :)."
In response to Reply #1

Was rewarding.

But Bleh on Imperial Healers. They make Imperials like 1000000 times tougher. Black channel is OP.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84831 Previous topic | Next topic