Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Meyfulia the Mistress of the Wildernes..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84774
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 17-Aug-09 01:04 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84774, "(DELETED) [None] Meyfulia the Mistress of the Wilderness"

Mon Aug 17 13:03:47 2009

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Meyfulia perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:ranger
Level:40
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:48

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Come back character screwed over by xxxxxxx, Meyfulia (Guest), 17-Aug-09 01:09 PM, #1
     Reply I've been around 14+ years., Meyfulia (Guest), 17-Aug-09 01:10 PM, #2
     Reply Did you start when you were 2?, Kronn (Guest), 17-Aug-09 07:04 PM, #8
          Reply Not that I disagree with the body of your post, A2, 18-Aug-09 12:32 AM, #10
               Reply And your post reflects your maturity., Kronn (Guest), 18-Aug-09 11:19 AM, #14
     Reply May Full [loot] Ya?, asylumius, 17-Aug-09 01:47 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Come back character screwed over by xxxxxxx, Sulye (Guest), 17-Aug-09 02:01 PM, #4
     Reply When did I not defend, I thought I ALWAYS did., Meyfulia (Guest), 18-Aug-09 08:31 AM, #11
     Reply Based on what I saw..., Mardrin (Guest), 17-Aug-09 03:48 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Based on what I saw..., Night (Guest), 17-Aug-09 11:23 PM, #9
     Reply Just reread my post..., Mardrin (Guest), 18-Aug-09 12:59 PM, #15
     Reply You sir are a liar., Meyfulia (Guest), 18-Aug-09 08:34 AM, #13
     Reply RE: Come back character screwed over by xxxxxxx, Aetsrras (Guest), 17-Aug-09 03:56 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Come back character screwed over by xxxxxxx, Daevryn, 17-Aug-09 04:02 PM, #7
          Reply Lets get to the heart of the matter., Meyfulia (Guest), 18-Aug-09 08:33 AM, #12

Meyfulia (Guest)Mon 17-Aug-09 01:09 PM

#84776, "Come back character screwed over by xxxxxxx"
In response to Reply #0

There was some major bullcrap thrown my way.

All I will say is that its ####ed up when a cabal leader asks you to defend so many times, and won't even answer a few questions of yours, let alone interview you. ITs time to delete.

I pledged outlander on the 2nd of this month I think. I played chaotic. When people asked me why I wanted to be an outlander, I said because I like it sometimes, or gave them a good reason another. Why are all people so down with the cliche questions? ####, and you complain of cliche answers? I was trying to be fresh.

What it boils down to is this. I didnt seem like a person who knew OUTLANDER really well or well enough, so I was ignored and USED for defending sitiuations that drew in pks. Its pretty ####ty. ITs foul in my book

I am writing the Truth

Meyfulia (Guest)Mon 17-Aug-09 01:10 PM

#84777, "I've been around 14+ years."
In response to Reply #1

I dont expect to be inducted, but this will be my first unsuccesful char at trying to get inducted. Due to being ignored/I wont go into it

Kronn (Guest)Mon 17-Aug-09 07:04 PM

#84799, "Did you start when you were 2?"
In response to Reply #2

I tried telling You IC'ly you sounded like a Jack ass.

When I killed that Felar I overheard you trying to coach themand that was cool but in the limited scope of things what I witnessed was Craptacular RP that consisted of "Coward coward coward *inhale* coward coward coward, when I was taking a dwarf into the wilds to fight two rangers at once. Thankfully one of them was completely cluless and got the other killed.

Sorry man, that's just how I saw it.

A2Tue 18-Aug-09 12:32 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
371 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84803, "Not that I disagree with the body of your post"
In response to Reply #8

But I've been playing for 12+ years and I'm 30. And I'm far from the oldest around here.

Kronn (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 11:19 AM

#84867, "And your post reflects your maturity."
In response to Reply #10

Where as my interactions with him did not reflect well on him in that aspect. But I did see him trying to help a noob/semi-noob appearing player so he ain't all bad.

asylumiusMon 17-Aug-09 01:46 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2007
137 posts
#84782, "May Full [loot] Ya?"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 17-Aug-09 01:47 PM

df

Sulye (Guest)Mon 17-Aug-09 02:01 PM

#84785, "RE: Come back character screwed over by xxxxxxx"
In response to Reply #1

>All I will say is that its ####ed up when a cabal leader asks
>you to defend so many times, and won't even answer a few
>questions of yours, let alone interview you. ITs time to
>delete.

Re: defending:

All applicants are expected to defend. All the time. As far as I'm aware nobody required anything special of you in particular.

Re: answering questions:

Leaders should be willing to dialogue with applicants and help point them in the right direction with regard to the cabal. That does not mean they need answer all your questions, and especially not if you're basically demanding answers. I'm not Quird so I can't know exactly how you phrased your questions, but based on our limited interactions I'm not surprised at Quird's lack of response.

Also, I believe he started flat out ignoring you once you failed to defend a couple times. So that may have been the reason for his not answering your questions: because he'd already decided not to talk to you at all.

Re: interviews:

Currently the neutral branch of Outlander is the most crowded and also has the most applicants. I'm not surprised he didn't immediately interview you. Especially since he'd already gotten some borderline negative reports on you from other Outlanders.

>What it boils down to is this. I didnt seem like a person who
>knew OUTLANDER really well or well enough, so I was ignored
>and USED for defending sitiuations that drew in pks.

Actually you just came across as somewhat manipulative and needy. Maybe that's an unfair assessment, but that's what it seemed like.

Out of curiosity, did you lie to me about returning Rastelmachir's gear after you killed him in Seantryn? When I had to log off he was still maintaining you'd never returned it.

Meyfulia (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 08:31 AM

#84849, "When did I not defend, I thought I ALWAYS did."
In response to Reply #4

The guy could not find a spot south of seantryn where I left it for a long time, I dont take what I dont need. It pissed me off when you asked if I was keeping it all.

Mardrin (Guest)Mon 17-Aug-09 03:48 PM

#84789, "Based on what I saw..."
In response to Reply #1

I'm not terribly surprised that someone would ignore you. Before you pledged you were asking me to group with you, and then you jumped in to try to steal a kill from whoever that druid was that was fighting me... after swearing to both me and your future cabalmate (the druid) that you wouldn't interfere. That may be chaotic for your character, but it still makes you an ass.

I'm not sure if you last character was 14 years ago, but things have changed since then. You have to roleplay now.

Night (Guest)Mon 17-Aug-09 11:23 PM

#84802, "RE: Based on what I saw..."
In response to Reply #5

Dude, it's a game based on deception, on fighting, on killing, on lying, on telling the truth, on how ever you want to be. Why are you going to cry because someone said they wouldn't attack but did knowing they are chaotic? I mean come the farg on, that's insane to call someone an ass because of it. You are the ass for being such a douche about someone lying and attacking and or killing you.

Mardrin (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 12:59 PM

#84883, "Just reread my post..."
In response to Reply #9

I stand by what I said, and I'm not "crying" about it. My point was twofold, one that I could see why someone would put him on ignore, and two that he did in fact behave like an ass. Not just because he ambushed me to try to steal a kill from his buddy (I'll let the druid take that up with him, if he wants) but also because of the flip in RP from early in life to late in life.

I also did not say he wasn't within his rights, and that a chaotic character can't do what he did - but to me it looks like something he did for the PK number. The druid and I had fought for at least 10 real minutes in one area with him there, and just when the druid was going to seal the deal he ambushed. Either way I'm dead, the real bummer was for the druid who had his kill stolen.

Hope that clears up my earlier post.

Meyfulia (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 08:34 AM

#84851, "You sir are a liar."
In response to Reply #5

I never asked a dwarf to join me. So I am an ass? grow up

Aetsrras (Guest)Mon 17-Aug-09 03:56 PM

#84790, "RE: Come back character screwed over by xxxxxxx"
In response to Reply #1

FWIW, this is my second character, ever, to be in the hero range. All of my others didn't get past 30. Probably my fifth character over all. I knew NOTHING about OUTLANDER until I started playing Aetsrras and asked around. Quird had been nothing but nice, a little odd at times, but pushed me where I needed to go -- I believe he was pushing to see me gain ranks to see if I'd actually stick around.

I logged a lot of hours hoping to see Quird as I ranked up, died a helluva lot to stupid crap .. and when I finally saw him, I expected absolutely nothing from him except to talk with him about Outlander for me to better understand the cabal.

To be frank, just because you know so much about a Cabal doesn't mean you're an automatic inductee. I sure as hell didn't think I'd make it to Outlander, but I did.. and well, now the slaughter begins

GLWYN

DaevrynMon 17-Aug-09 04:02 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#84791, "RE: Come back character screwed over by xxxxxxx"
In response to Reply #1

>I
>played chaotic.

If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times:

The fact that you are roleplaying does not, and should not, render you immune to the consequences of that roleplaying.

This character wasn't especially, well... likeable. If I'm a cabal member, I'm not going to recommend someone who I don't want in my cabal. If I'm a cabal leader, I'm not going to induct someone I don't want in my cabal.

Don't make everything about dramatic extremes. There is a lot of room between "this cabal leader will only induct cookie cutter characters" and "this cabal leader won't induct a character who's kind of a flakey, whiny jackass."

Meyfulia (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 08:33 AM

#84850, "Lets get to the heart of the matter."
In response to Reply #7

He wouldnt tell me what the problem was, He just said, Hope to see you around next time. Then 1 ####ing week later, he's a new dude.

Its like I griefed his other character or something.

Anyways, I wont be playing that cabal any time soon.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84774 Previous topic | Next topic