Subject: "(DELETED) [HERALD] Isylvharn Von Dhorvahn the Secret, D..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84470
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 10-Aug-09 12:16 AM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84470, "(DELETED) [HERALD] Isylvharn Von Dhorvahn the Secret, Deckhand"

Mon Aug 10 00:12:52 2009

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Isylvharn perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:47
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:118

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Isylvharn Von Dhorvahn the Secre..., Sulye (Guest), 10-Aug-09 09:02 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Isylvharn Von Dhorvahn the Secre..., Isy (Guest), 10-Aug-09 08:17 PM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Isylvharn Von Dhorvahn the Secre..., Isy (Guest), 10-Aug-09 12:40 AM, #3
Reply You bastard., Kyaltaru (Guest), 10-Aug-09 01:11 AM, #5
Reply Remember when you stole something from me..., Ixy (Guest), 10-Aug-09 02:29 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Isylvharn Von Dhorvahn the Secre..., Elkae_lunch (Guest), 10-Aug-09 01:35 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Isylvharn Von Dhorvahn the Secre..., Neltouda, 10-Aug-09 01:56 PM, #9
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Isylvharn Von Dhorvahn the Secre..., Isy (Guest), 10-Aug-09 08:26 PM, #12
Reply Bye Isy!, Wegge (Guest), 10-Aug-09 04:00 PM, #10
Reply Arrr.., Romala (Guest), 11-Aug-09 10:44 PM, #13
Reply Had to steal my scimitar first., Gantrok (Guest), 10-Aug-09 12:30 AM, #2
Reply RE: Had to steal my scimitar first., Isy (Guest), 10-Aug-09 12:41 AM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Isylvharn Von Dhorvahn the Secre..., Edika (Guest), 10-Aug-09 12:22 AM, #1

Sulye (Guest)Mon 10-Aug-09 09:02 AM

#84493, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Isylvharn Von Dhorvahn the Secre..."
In response to Reply #0

Out of curiosity, was it you who stole my boat and canteen last night or Jedidiah?

I endeavor to be fairly hard to steal from, so I'm impressed you nabbed it without first waylaying me.

Isy (Guest)Mon 10-Aug-09 08:17 PM

#84532, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Isylvharn Von Dhorvahn the Secre..."
In response to Reply #7

I can neither confirm nor deny the presence or absence of a boat or canteen being found in my inventory without setting up poor ol' Jed for some Outlander-style retribution...

It wasn't me.

Isy (Guest)Mon 10-Aug-09 12:40 AM

#84473, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Isylvharn Von Dhorvahn the Secre..."
In response to Reply #0

Originally rolled up Isy to see the new thief revamp -- funny how sometimes a throw-away character can go farther than one with grand plans. That being said, I apologize to all for being such a griefing ass. You knew. I knew it. And, I have never played such a character in such a fashion - although it was fun for changing things up a bit. It was a mixed bag, and I tried by contributing "something" via the Heralds. Not sure I was overly successful in the attempt.

Neltouda: You're a great IMM and thanks for all the great interactions. You handled "the talk" really well tonight, and to be honest, I've never seen those situations reversed in the eyes of players or immortals. I had to have those discussions back in the day, and you handled the situation absolutely superbly from an IC/OOC perspective.

Heralds: Always a great bunch and thanks for letting me be part of the fun.

Few mentions:

Edika - Thanks for everything and trying to make things work out!

Oethipius - Man, I just always felt for you, everytime I'd look around I'd see you as a ghost. So, always figured I'd throw my friendly Tribby a shinie now and then. Hope you have fun.

Kyaltaru - You're a good sport

Everyone else: Doubt I'll be running another like this in a LONG time. But, who knows...

Thx, Isy aka Vyn

Kyaltaru (Guest)Mon 10-Aug-09 01:11 AM

#84476, "You bastard."
In response to Reply #3

What a generous "discount" =P

Good luck with the next.

Ixy (Guest)Mon 10-Aug-09 02:29 AM

#84480, "Remember when you stole something from me..."
In response to Reply #3

...and before I could get you warranted, you struck up a conversation. Then when the eventual Trib questioning came, you seemed so hurt.

I loved that.

Great job.

Elkae_lunch (Guest)Mon 10-Aug-09 01:35 PM

#84496, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Isylvharn Von Dhorvahn the Secre..."
In response to Reply #3

Roll another Herald, god dammit! :p

NeltoudaMon 10-Aug-09 01:56 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2008
161 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84498, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Isylvharn Von Dhorvahn the Secre..."
In response to Reply #3

I guess I was right when I asked you if I just broke your spirit. I think there's a lot of possibilities for a thief following Neltouda to really make themselves stand out. I did break down and give you an example, which I usually try not to do. Another example for some jest would be maybe robbing a fortress guy blind and then giving his gear to a goodie mob.

A herald thief is just hard. You want to go out and do thiefy stuff and still do Herald stuff. You were doing really well with the Heraldy stuff, but I really think you could have expanded yourself with the thief stuff.

Thanks for following me, our interactions were a pleasure.

Isy (Guest)Mon 10-Aug-09 08:26 PM

#84533, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Isylvharn Von Dhorvahn the Secre..."
In response to Reply #9

You did a great job of providing an example and I gave it quite a bit of thought before deletion. I think the core of it was I had broken role quite a few times, and looking back, I just wasn't happy with the quality of the character. I think, if anything, your chat confirmed my own doubts, and regardless of anything, I wouldn't be satisfied with the end result. The only real "proud" moments were Herald contributions, and working on perspective of your religion.

Additionally, like I'd indicated, I don't know how I messed up on calculating my thief points incorrectly, but wound up with something less than what I'd wanted. Could have tried to hung in there and done something about it, but it in the end, I would still have been working on a "broken" character -- not mechanics-wise but from an RP, integrity standpoint. Ironic when playing like I did.

Wegge (Guest)Mon 10-Aug-09 04:00 PM

#84515, "Bye Isy!"
In response to Reply #3

I've got to say I don't think we were ever "close" but gosh darnit I'll miss having you there, Always pictured a priate with a golden tooth whenever I saw you, and kept checking my inventory even IF we we're both heralds.

Change is always good even if it's not what you expected, otherwise you end up stale and crusty like Pig's Brain Stew left with Olin for a month....

Goodluck Vyn,
And it was a pleasure calling you friend

Romala (Guest)Tue 11-Aug-09 10:44 PM

#84564, "Arrr.."
In response to Reply #3

This stinks, I was hoping we'd be friends for a long time. Fun character, good luck with your next one.

Gantrok (Guest)Mon 10-Aug-09 12:30 AM

#84472, "Had to steal my scimitar first."
In response to Reply #0

Isy (Guest)Mon 10-Aug-09 12:41 AM

#84474, "RE: Had to steal my scimitar first."
In response to Reply #2

Not me tonight

Edika (Guest)Mon 10-Aug-09 12:22 AM

#84471, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Isylvharn Von Dhorvahn the Secre..."
In response to Reply #0

WTF

You had almost everything going for you. I wasted that 500gold. Loved having you around. It was fun.

GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84470 Previous topic | Next topic