Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghrummin Dhrummin the Iron-Arm Berse..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84382
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 07-Aug-09 10:16 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84382, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghrummin Dhrummin the Iron-Arm Berserker, Commander of Battle, Smith of the Noldarian Forge"

Fri Aug 7 22:14:54 2009

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Ghrummin perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:327

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghrummin Dhrummin the Iron-Arm B..., Bartis (Guest), 09-Aug-09 10:06 AM, #30
Reply Did not interact with you much, but liked what I saw, Artenno (Guest), 08-Aug-09 05:07 PM, #19
Reply Well, a long eventful fun ride!, Ghrummin (Guest), 08-Aug-09 01:43 AM, #2
Reply hey!, quas (Guest), 08-Aug-09 01:55 AM, #3
Reply Hah!, Ghrummin (Guest), 08-Aug-09 01:59 AM, #4
Reply Oh come on., Malakhi (Guest), 08-Aug-09 02:38 AM, #5
Reply Oh, and PS, Malakhi (Guest), 08-Aug-09 02:43 AM, #6
Reply Well good!, Ghrummin (Guest), 09-Aug-09 01:02 AM, #22
     Reply RE: Well good!, Susu (Guest), 09-Aug-09 01:07 AM, #26
     Reply Oh, sorry, I meant the second time - when I was up agai..., Ghrummin (Guest), 09-Aug-09 03:14 AM, #29
     Reply Haha., Malakhi (Guest), 09-Aug-09 02:58 AM, #28
Reply Ugh, Gzurweeg (Guest), 08-Aug-09 04:17 AM, #7
Reply RE: Ugh, Daevryn, 08-Aug-09 09:06 AM, #10
Reply Yeah, Gzurweeg (Guest), 08-Aug-09 10:20 AM, #11
Reply Well, it may be expected, Ghrummin (Guest), 08-Aug-09 11:22 AM, #13
Reply RE: Ugh, Susu (Guest), 08-Aug-09 01:43 PM, #16
Reply RE: Well, a long eventful fun ride!, Iunna, 08-Aug-09 06:41 AM, #8
Reply RE: Well, a long eventful fun ride!, Quad (Guest), 08-Aug-09 07:51 AM, #9
Reply Yea, that combo is sick, Ghrummin (Guest), 09-Aug-09 01:03 AM, #23
Reply Yeah..., Kyaltaru (Guest), 08-Aug-09 10:42 AM, #12
Reply No problem, Ghrummin (Guest), 09-Aug-09 01:05 AM, #24
Reply Dude!, N b M (Guest), 08-Aug-09 11:48 AM, #14
Reply Loved your characters, Ghrummin (Guest), 09-Aug-09 01:06 AM, #25
Reply Gotta say I love your villagers!, Ixy (Guest), 08-Aug-09 12:03 PM, #15
Reply Crazyass shifters, Ghrummin (Guest), 09-Aug-09 01:08 AM, #27
Reply RE: Well, a long eventful fun ride!, Neltouda, 08-Aug-09 02:57 PM, #17
Reply Just for the record., Kyaltaru (Guest), 08-Aug-09 05:48 PM, #20
Reply Lucky ducker!, Abernytee (Guest), 08-Aug-09 03:11 PM, #18
Reply RE: Well, a long eventful fun ride!, Zalenne (Guest), 08-Aug-09 07:32 PM, #21
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghrummin Dhrummin the Iron-Arm B..., HammerSong, 08-Aug-09 12:01 AM, #1

Bartis (Guest)Sun 09-Aug-09 10:06 AM

#84458, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghrummin Dhrummin the Iron-Arm B..."
In response to Reply #0

Well done. Our times hardly matched but its a shame you deleted. I liked your character alot when I could understand him! The only regret I have is the last time we were logged in together I was playing hammered (which I try to avoid doing) and you made fun of me for dying stupidly. Ugh! *fistshake* Anyways, I wish you wouldn't have deleted but I completely understand the RL issues as I struggle with them and playing times myself.

Artenno (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 05:07 PM

#84422, "Did not interact with you much, but liked what I saw"
In response to Reply #0

And liked even more what I heard.

Ghrummin (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 01:43 AM

#84392, "Well, a long eventful fun ride!"
In response to Reply #0

I can't thank you bastards enough for this experience. After Kharnial, I didn't think that I would have as much fun, or as rewarding experience, with any character. Then I made Ghrummin.

Funny thing is, I created the role for Ghrummin a while back. I don't know if you guys remember, but there was a character named Ghrummin, a level 30 battlerager, a few months (a year or so?) ago. At that time, Mharr had just deleted (one of my favorite dwarves ever!), and Ysaloerye was somewhat active. Given that I never played a dwarf before, and how much impact Mharr made on me, I thought I'd try a dwarf villager. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a hold of Ysaloerye, and Ghrummin quickly went the age of the stone age.

After a few less than successful shapeshifters, I found that Thror was back. I heard that he was an awe-inspiring immortal, and that interactions with him were highly coveted because of their sheer enjoyment and authenticity. Once again, Ghrummin Dhrummin was born, but this time with Thror as the patron god. I changed the role a bit, added a few incentives, got my loincloth from under the sink, and started getting my dwarfism on! I had somewhat of a handle on the speech and the RP from my time with Rektath, and my encounters with Thror (who, by the way, has the best dwarfish RP ever) honed it up!

The main plot of my character was to search for the weapons of the Dhrummins that the mages 'corrupted' with their magic. Along the line of being a Noldarian and a Villager, I lost perspective on that plot. I do regret it, and I'll probably try something like that again sometime in the future, but the other aspects of the character highly make up for it.

LEGACIES:
Gates of the Forge = awesome. Just awesome. I contribute my deathfulness with this character to Gates of the Forge and my fast tracking skills. For those of you who are wondering - with about -190 AC, I was taking EVISCERATES from the Dracolich instead of MASSACRES. I didn't explore Gates to its full extent (ie -300 ac), but it's definitely a great great legacy. Dern's equipment might have lessoned in AC value from a few years ago, but it's easy to get enough AC to make Gates work.

Maelstrom = Definitely one of the best legacies in the game. I was contemplating Gates/Maelstrom/Whispers/Cry/Riddle (top 5 legacies in my opinion), and I don't regret choosing Maelstrom. It saved my life a few times, but more importantly, screwed over those asshole thieves (yes, you Messervy!) so that more often than not, they don't screw with a deathblowing dwarf (sick imagery).

****BTW Iunna, if I had won that tournament, what legacy would you have given me?

REGRETS:
Besides the somewhat small role regret, the only thing that I have a huge regret for is bring my situation with Jedediah in a ooc manner. It was a hard week, and I was a little peeved at what I perceived to be a complete abuse of tribbie mechanics. After speaking to a few people (imms included), I got the general geist that it was acceptable according to the leaders. Which I still think is lame. But I shouldn't have brought it to the forums.

GOODBYES:
1) Thror - Thanks for the kind words! Funny thing - I didn't fully comprehend your religion until..250 hours? It's just that my playing style completely fits into your religion. I mean, like a freaking glove man. If you ever notice anyone who doesn't like ganking, who likes taking on difficult challenges, who appears suicidal more often than not but still wrecks havoc, there's a pretty good chance that I'm playing that character. And with that in mind, I loved your religion! Literally, Ghrummin was made to explore your religion - who knew fate would tie us in together like that!

BTW, it was Satebos, not Ahtieli

2) Iunna - Sexy cat! SEXY! Mudsex is a little out there for me, but man, I thought we were close to having it a few times. I was so tempted - of course, that would make me your little bitch, which Ghrummin would never admit to. I always had a huge smile on my face when interacting with you, from those ####ing bunnies to the tankards of ale. Eshval was my favorite imm to interact with, but now, I gotta admit, it's both you and Thror. You'll see me around sometime - I definitely have to try my hand on your religion. This time, I'll be making fun of Thror with you, instead of you with Thror!

3) Woldrun - Awesome commander. You lead well, you knew your stuff (besides right before River Styx in the Inferno), and you were a complete beast at it. My all time favorite commander was Lerimos, but I gotta admit, you're equally as impressive as him, if not more.

4) Gertabelle - See Iunna. Sexy dwarf!

5) Malakhi - I have such huge respect for you. Playing that role must be awesome, but at the same time, only suited for a suicidal psycho. You keep trudging through the muck that is the Fortress, and you come out alive and kicking! Well freaking done! (PS, I'm sorry for killing your character like 3 or 4 times with my alt )

6) Quas - Suicidal midget on the rampage! That's the name of my band in honor of your axing if I ever make a band.

Too many Villagers involved with this character. Respond, and I'll respond.

ENEMIES:
1) Various Scions - Unfortunately, I didn't have that much interactions with you besides raiding and killing. That is, besides Sulzaen. Great great job. Too bad things ended badly, but you were quite a force and an established rp/pker.

2) Quird - We fought each other since we were in the 30s (in Basilica). You were always a classy enemy, and deadly to boot. I wish I had more opportunities to RP with you. Keep it going and try to get on that totem pole!

3) Hakdu - I'm glad we had respect for each other. Or rather, you had respect for me, so as not to gang me down like some other outlanders You were definitely a fun character to fight, and you play your race/cabal incredibly well. I think either you or Quird will be the next Harbringer.

4) Other outlanders - some of you seem to be gangbitches with CD. Advice - stop. Just makes you guys look like tools. If you don't care, then by all means, continue to be a tool.

5) Kyaltaru - Hahaha. Dude, we had so much fun fighting. I hate bards with a passion. Literally. I think they're the stupidest class. I'm glad I could incorporate my hatred for bards in Ghrummin's role to bust down any bard in sight (echoes make me drunker than drinking ale!) If Ghrummin had a sworn enemy, it was probably you - but then again, I had severe respect for you and the #### you go through dealing with the Nexuns. I know I would've deleted a while ago. I'm glad I talked you out to deleting twice. Continue to kick ass! Oh, and you should try Thror's religion.

6) Calbaseeti - You are a freaking MAD rper to deal with Kyaltaru's emo ####. Seems like he molded his character based on Spiderman from Spiderman 3! I still think lifesurge was too over the top for a role reward, especially when you got it. But then again, I'm glad you used it quite often for me to think like that. A severe severe blow to the Nexuns when you deleted.

7) Quad/Biklaha - My friends! I had your number down pat. Much kudos for sticking around.

8) Other Nexuns - Some were good, some were bad. Had a blast fighting you though!

9) Adeglicfh - When Woldrun was around, I didn't mind being suicidal, because, well, I didn't set the rules. I think I should've gone to war against Tribunal just for the sole fact that you were the provost. You were quite a dangerous character, and a much deserved mummy. BTW - IMMS! Give him his freaking title already! Plain fun fighting you - no holds bar, just go in and whack!

10) Gzurweeg - Ugh. I think I could've killed you once or twice, but it's hard to fight a super conservative AP. That's the way you should play to hold onto a weapon, but seriously, I think that's dull and boring. Raid things by yourself and kickass! It seems to me that you're just looking for a badass weapon instead of having fun. Glad I gave you those 15 charges though.

11) Ahtieli - I don't know what to make of you. On one hand, I still think you have the capacity to greatly influence the mud. On the other hand, I don't see that much from you besides occasional pks. I get a sense of dullness when I fought you. Please, do something awesome with such an awesome and well-known character! Just a slight nudge will do it, but...I don't know.

12) Satebos - Fun fun fun fun fun. Your RP reminds me of another character I had (a lich, no less) in another mud. Researchy and twisted. I wish I fought you more. Ah well.

If I think of more, I'll post. Feel free to respond!

Thanks a bunch!

quas (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 01:55 AM

#84393, "hey!"
In response to Reply #2

6) Quas - Suicidal midget on the rampage! That's the name of my band in honor of your axing if I ever make a band.

suicidal!!! I killed more people then you I just needed the redic odds to feel sexy.

i loved running with you it was always a blast, screw you for deleting and leaving village with only 2 competant players who both have limited time (malaki and bartis) I only felt ok con dieing becaus ei knew you were there to put #### in line!!!! you make me sad. I am rolling nexus you know you wanna!

Ghrummin (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 01:59 AM

#84394, "Hah!"
In response to Reply #3

Yea, I feel a little guilty about that. I felt that I let the Village down by my lack of playtime. Real Life stuff trumps everything!

Some of the up and comers are actually pretty good. They need to stick with their role and have fun. In the end, PK only gets you so far - you really really need to RP to fully enjoy your character. If not for this RL ####, I'd definitely have gone for agedeath and try for my name on the pillar.

Won't be rolling any substantial characters anytime soon. Definitely not a caballed character.

Malakhi (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 02:38 AM

#84398, "Oh come on."
In response to Reply #2

Well. I'm walking away with some strong impressions re: Ghrummin. It's hard to write a solid goodbye while my character's still active, but I'll try. And if you're still checking the forums I'll say more when Malakhi's gone.

So. At first there was bitterness and general annoyance. There were a lot of cool Battle characters early in Ghrummin's time, but it seemed like you'd been annointed. And I didn't agree with a couple things you did to other Battleragers. Then those cool Battle characters died, and it was between you and I for Drillmaster. We had our little talk in the war room, and for the first time I actually understood what the hell your character was about - you were basically living out Thror's religion like an avatar. The abrasiveness/brashness/loudly-lead-by-example was all part of a well thought out role. Well ####ing done, Man. At that point it all made sense and I started trying to think of who could pull off Ghrummin. Honestly, I could not come up with any names to put to your playstyle. I don't think I've ever interacted with your characters before so it makes sense I never guessed you

I'm sure I have more to say, but it'll wait until Malakhi's done.

Malakhi (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 02:43 AM

#84399, "Oh, and PS"
In response to Reply #5

If your alt ripped away a point of con from me, I certainly hope I got in a good lick at some point on him!

Ghrummin (Guest)Sun 09-Aug-09 01:02 AM

#84439, "Well good!"
In response to Reply #5

I'm glad you eventually came to understanding me. Sorry if I rubbed off on the wrong way - as for being anointed, well, the title came from a tournament like thing. In fact, two other people got titles (which I thought were cooler than mine) and one of them condied.

I try to stick to my rp, which is usually created around how I play. You won't see me with a ganging RP - but you will see me with a rp which creates some tension and conflicts within the cabal.

Malakhi is a beast! I still think you should've been given drillmaster the first time, but better late than never!

Susu (Guest)Sun 09-Aug-09 01:07 AM

#84443, "RE: Well good!"
In response to Reply #22

>Malakhi is a beast! I still think you should've been given
>drillmaster the first time, but better late than never!

Sorry to have disappointed you.

Ghrummin (Guest)Sun 09-Aug-09 03:14 AM

#84449, "Oh, sorry, I meant the second time - when I was up agai..."
In response to Reply #26

n/t

Malakhi (Guest)Sun 09-Aug-09 02:58 AM

#84448, "Haha."
In response to Reply #22

>Malakhi is a beast!

Some days I feel like a beast. Others ...

You know, I heard so many rumors about special powers that Ghrummin had. Learning now that you didn't even have a third legacy is pretty funny. In hindsight, people may as well have said you were "twenty feet tall and breathed fireballs out of your arse."

Gzurweeg (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 04:17 AM

#84401, "Ugh"
In response to Reply #2

>10) Gzurweeg - Ugh. I think I could've killed you once or
>twice, but it's hard to fight a super conservative AP.

Not sure about your definition of "super conservatite". I could name a number of characters that die less often than me.
Come alone and you will always get a fight (and we had some)! It was really hard to chase you all around the thera.

>That's the way you should play to hold onto a weapon, but seriously,
>I think that's dull and boring. Raid things by yourself and
>kickass!

Not working. They logout by the time I touch outer guards
Seriously, APs aren't great tanks nor have healing. It's hard to raid solo even against a single competent defender.

>It seems to me that you're just looking for a badass
>weapon instead of having fun. Glad I gave you those 15 charges
>though.

I appreciate them too.

Overall, I thought Ghrummin was a very solid villager. I don't say great because of one flaw: you didn't hesitate to use any opportunity to gank me down with other villagers or forties. It is expected against strong APs, but the whole thing started long before I got any significant unholy.

DaevrynSat 08-Aug-09 09:03 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84405, "RE: Ugh"
In response to Reply #7
Edited on Sat 08-Aug-09 09:06 AM

>Come alone and you will always get a fight (and we had some)!
>It was really hard to chase you all around the thera.

Dude. When you've got (a #### ton of HP/damage) giving one on one fights to any comers doesn't really make you not conservative.

Edited because it occurs to me I shouldn't be giving out those numbers.

Gzurweeg (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 10:20 AM

#84408, "Yeah"
In response to Reply #10

>Dude. When you've got (a #### ton of HP/damage) giving one on
>one fights to any comers doesn't really make you not
>conservative.

Yeah, that's correct!.
But it makes THEM conservative.

In my duergarish tactic book me not giving a fight to a nasty gang and them not giving me solo fights is exactly the same behavior (conservative).
Don't get me wrong, I don't ask anybody to throw themselves into a hopeless fight against prepared me (or somebody esle). Not all of them are actually that hopeless, btw. It's a personal choice of a character/player. I just ask them not to blame me if they utilize exactly the same behavior.

PS. While writing this, I suddenly recalled my last login where I had a fight with two virtued paladins (defiance/progged gear) and a healer at the maran trying to get my beloved Codex back. Plus Malakhi jumped in and started to cranial me. I wouldn't call it "super conservative" (considering other circumstances) nor I was winning it, in fact, once I got what I wanted I ran away in panic!

Ghrummin (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 11:22 AM

#84411, "Well, it may be expected"
In response to Reply #7

But I don't think you would've fought me and another if you were coming.

Besides that, it's somewhat Ghrummin's rp and religious devotion that led me to attack you one on one more often than not. I rarely talked through cabalchat saying 'blah blah blah is here'.

As a player, beating the snot out of a uberpowered AP, or if I can, killing him would be much more satisfying than ganking you down.

Super conservative - well, that may be my standards. I expect you to be like Cabdru/Ravon by now. Charge into the mass and literally pick them off. Heck, I even did that with half your charges..and it was fun as hell!

Susu (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 01:43 PM

#84416, "RE: Ugh"
In response to Reply #7

Dude, I came at you alone regularly and you never, ever fought until others showed up to fight with you against me. And unlike Malakhi I was a scout, not a berserker. You are exactly as you've been described.

IunnaSat 08-Aug-09 06:41 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
#84403, "RE: Well, a long eventful fun ride!"
In response to Reply #2

>****BTW Iunna, if I had won that tournament, what legacy would
>you have given me?

I guess we'll never know! *cackle*

>2) Iunna - Sexy cat! SEXY! Mudsex is a little out there for
>me, but man, I thought we were close to having it a few times.
>I was so tempted - of course, that would make me your little
>bitch, which Ghrummin would never admit to. I always had a
>huge smile on my face when interacting with you, from those
>####ing bunnies to the tankards of ale. Eshval was my favorite
>imm to interact with, but now, I gotta admit, it's both you
>and Thror. You'll see me around sometime - I definitely have
>to try my hand on your religion. This time, I'll be making fun
>of Thror with you, instead of you with Thror!

I haven't participated in mudsex in 12 years, if you think I was going
to dust off that taboo for you, you're mistaken.

I think I said everything in the other post, so good luck with all the
real life stuff and hopefully we'll see you back soon.

>4) Gertabelle - See Iunna. Sexy dwarf!

I still somewhat regret deleting this character just because the RP was
so fun and I had a lot of plans for her, but eh. I can't PK for ####.

Quad (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 07:51 AM

#84404, "RE: Well, a long eventful fun ride!"
In response to Reply #2

Not Ghrummin too... What's happenning to the village.... you are a monster... Bull never want to fight you alone... It was many fun tussels.. you have always beat bull at a fight.. though bull did manage to beat ye One time with aid of Cabnil! see ye in the fields!

Ghrummin (Guest)Sun 09-Aug-09 01:03 AM

#84440, "Yea, that combo is sick"
In response to Reply #9

I grew really weary of you after that.

You need more +STR items man! Forsake some damroll if you have to! Or at least, get a lighter polearm!

Kyaltaru (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 10:42 AM

#84409, "Yeah..."
In response to Reply #2

I'm pretty devastated right now.

We did have some of the best fights. I don't think either of us died but I was glad someone was actually RP'ing with me during a pk in that one fight off eastern. I distorted you and get "Oi! Where yah at!?" and I'm like... "I'm over here!" and emote throwing my voice and stuff. Then you said some other dwarfy stuff and ran off. It gave me a good laugh. That was one of the first times we really started fighting and I was like yeah, this guy is going to be a great enemy to have... And you totally were.

I myself had a hell of a lot of respect for you as well. You were by far the highest quality character, and strongest RP'r in the village, and I would say nearly on the mud.

Sorry about that night that I just let you keep killing me. I hardly die and I just gave myself up to you guys like four times. I was so pissed irl from getting laid off and was a little overcome with it and let it bleed a bit. I'm usually really good about not doing that, but we all get that way once in awhile I'm sure. Other then that, every time we talked was another fun experience.

You'll be missed though man. You are really coming into your own as a player. I was really close to Kharnial on a previous character I had and it's a delight to see that it keeps continuing on everything you make. Hope you get the time to make something new!

Kyaltaru Tel'dethian

Ghrummin (Guest)Sun 09-Aug-09 01:05 AM

#84441, "No problem"
In response to Reply #12

As I mentioned before, Kyaltaru was an emo bastard, but my emo bastard! Crazy dangerous to boot - I'm glad we usually went down to the bare bones before our fights end (usually with me the victor - GO RNG!).

As for that night, no worries. It happens to everyone. Glad you decided to stick around.

Definitely keep trucking and have fun!

N b M (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 11:48 AM

#84413, "Dude!"
In response to Reply #2

Class act!

From both sides of the playing field (Bogrel and Gahdak)I was completely and utterly impressed by Ghrummin and I can't say enough to compliment you.

You're RP was solid, pk skills sick, you could chase like a mother f'er... and you didn't take any of that for granted and let it go to your head and treat people like poo.

All in all, an awe inspiring breakout character that influenced cf in a completely positive way, thanks.

Word

Ghrummin (Guest)Sun 09-Aug-09 01:06 AM

#84442, "Loved your characters"
In response to Reply #14

It's always fun to play with people who suddenly get a zap of inspiration and fully play along with that.

Look forward to playing again!

Ixy (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 12:03 PM

#84414, "Gotta say I love your villagers!"
In response to Reply #2

Ghrummin was great. I'm not the biggest fan of your non-villagers, but hey, no one's perfect (not even Ixy).

Great kill when me and Rhyaldrin got you. I was thinking to myself running back to my corpse 'Now there's a real villager. Knows he going to die but determined to take the mage with him'.

I meant what I said in game.

GLWYN.

Ghrummin (Guest)Sun 09-Aug-09 01:08 AM

#84444, "Crazyass shifters"
In response to Reply #15

Literally, you shifters are freaking crazy! You were no exception - a fun fun character to fight against, and a tough one to boot. I don't know if Ixy is still around, but definitely continue with what you're doing, and hopefully someone will notice and send a quest form your way!

NeltoudaSat 08-Aug-09 02:57 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2008
161 posts
#84417, "RE: Well, a long eventful fun ride!"
In response to Reply #2

The mix of mine and Kyaltaru's RP was definitely interesting, and dealing with all his emo bs was a challenge to say the least. I suddenly have a reflection of all the times I said, "Please excuse my husband".

I really really enjoyed interacting with Ghrummin. The insults were awesome! I'd be sitting there just cracking up over some of them. Very well done all around.

I suppose I haven't talked about lifesurge publically yet, but I'll make a few comments about it. First as to the nature of my character, being that I was a sphere healing Nexus healer, lifesurge was for everyone (sans villagers of course). I thought it was a pretty cool dynamic how lifesurge played out in battles with other cabals (sans battle). I say this because suddenly the underdog at any given moment would get a nice boost. This played out great especially with low ranking people trying to retrieve. Calb did a LOT of helping the underdog type actions. Much of this would go unnoticed to a lot of people, but I'm sure those low level mages (and others) that I ranked/geared remember just fine.

Now... the pk aspect that you personally got to see. If I was fighting you one on one, or even at the inners, lifesurge didn't mean squat. I simply was not defensive enough to take those blows. I distinctly remember you raiding and some of the younger Nexus getting excited because you were convulsing, telling me to go get you. Yeah right. I did run out this particular time and couldn't even hit you before I had to flee (maybe five rounds with me being fully prepped, I might have even had aura up). I also remember a Nexus asking me to just kick you. Yeah right. Like I'm going to lag myself for two rounds against you. Now... when I bonded with a bard, put sanc and lifesurge on them along with various aegis, not to mention they ahve shield, aura, stoneskin and their songs... totally different story. Especially when I'm walking with them to heal randomly as well.

Now... being as I played another Nexus healer as my last big character. I will say that I prefered the role contest rewards/tattoo I had with that character. I was more defensive and could contribute to pk in a more significant way.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 05:48 PM

#84423, "Just for the record."
In response to Reply #17

Spiderman in spiderman 3 was a good guess haha, but I actually made Kyaltaru with someone else in mind. I don't know if you've seen Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, but I was shooting for that depressed robot on there that was always extremely down about everything. Figured I'd throw that out there.

Abernytee (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 03:11 PM

#84419, "Lucky ducker!"
In response to Reply #2

I tried a paladin recently and recycled about 40% of an old role and an imm noticed and gave me 400 immexp rather than the 2000 they said it was worth. Kind of killed off the character for me. You got lucky if you did similar and got lots of positive immteractivity!

-----Abernyte

>THANKS:
>
>I can't thank you bastards enough for this experience. After
>Kharnial, I didn't think that I would have as much fun, or as
>rewarding experience, with any character. Then I made
>Ghrummin.
>
>Funny thing is, I created the role for Ghrummin a while back.
>I don't know if you guys remember, but there was a character
>named Ghrummin, a level 30 battlerager, a few months (a year
>or so?) ago. At that time, Mharr had just deleted (one of my
>favorite dwarves ever!), and Ysaloerye was somewhat active.
>Given that I never played a dwarf before, and how much impact
>Mharr made on me, I thought I'd try a dwarf villager.
>Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a hold of Ysaloerye, and
>Ghrummin quickly went the age of the stone age.
>
>After a few less than successful shapeshifters, I found that
>Thror was back. I heard that he was an awe-inspiring immortal,
>and that interactions with him were highly coveted because of
>their sheer enjoyment and authenticity. Once again, Ghrummin
>Dhrummin was born, but this time with Thror as the patron god.
>I changed the role a bit, added a few incentives, got my
>loincloth from under the sink, and started getting my dwarfism
>on! I had somewhat of a handle on the speech and the RP from
>my time with Rektath, and my encounters with Thror (who, by
>the way, has the best dwarfish RP ever) honed it up!
>
>The main plot of my character was to search for the weapons of
>the Dhrummins that the mages 'corrupted' with their magic.
>Along the line of being a Noldarian and a Villager, I lost
>perspective on that plot. I do regret it, and I'll probably
>try something like that again sometime in the future, but the
>other aspects of the character highly make up for it.
>
>LEGACIES:
>Gates of the Forge = awesome. Just awesome. I contribute my
>deathfulness with this character to Gates of the Forge and my
>fast tracking skills. For those of you who are wondering -
>with about -190 AC, I was taking EVISCERATES from the
>Dracolich instead of MASSACRES. I didn't explore Gates to its
>full extent (ie -300 ac), but it's definitely a great great
>legacy. Dern's equipment might have lessoned in AC value from
>a few years ago, but it's easy to get enough AC to make Gates
>work.
>
>Maelstrom = Definitely one of the best legacies in the game. I
>was contemplating Gates/Maelstrom/Whispers/Cry/Riddle (top 5
>legacies in my opinion), and I don't regret choosing
>Maelstrom. It saved my life a few times, but more importantly,
>screwed over those asshole thieves (yes, you Messervy!) so
>that more often than not, they don't screw with a deathblowing
>dwarf (sick imagery).
>
>****BTW Iunna, if I had won that tournament, what legacy would
>you have given me?
>
>REGRETS:
>Besides the somewhat small role regret, the only thing that I
>have a huge regret for is bring my situation with Jedediah in
>a ooc manner. It was a hard week, and I was a little peeved at
>what I perceived to be a complete abuse of tribbie mechanics.
>After speaking to a few people (imms included), I got the
>general geist that it was acceptable according to the leaders.
>Which I still think is lame. But I shouldn't have brought it
>to the forums.
>
>GOODBYES:
>1) Thror - Thanks for the kind words! Funny thing - I didn't
>fully comprehend your religion until..250 hours? It's just
>that my playing style completely fits into your religion. I
>mean, like a freaking glove man. If you ever notice anyone who
>doesn't like ganking, who likes taking on difficult
>challenges, who appears suicidal more often than not but still
>wrecks havoc, there's a pretty good chance that I'm playing
>that character. And with that in mind, I loved your religion!
>Literally, Ghrummin was made to explore your religion - who
>knew fate would tie us in together like that!
>
>BTW, it was Satebos, not Ahtieli
>
>2) Iunna - Sexy cat! SEXY! Mudsex is a little out there for
>me, but man, I thought we were close to having it a few times.
>I was so tempted - of course, that would make me your little
>bitch, which Ghrummin would never admit to. I always had a
>huge smile on my face when interacting with you, from those
>####ing bunnies to the tankards of ale. Eshval was my favorite
>imm to interact with, but now, I gotta admit, it's both you
>and Thror. You'll see me around sometime - I definitely have
>to try my hand on your religion. This time, I'll be making fun
>of Thror with you, instead of you with Thror!
>
>3) Woldrun - Awesome commander. You lead well, you knew your
>stuff (besides right before River Styx in the Inferno), and
>you were a complete beast at it. My all time favorite
>commander was Lerimos, but I gotta admit, you're equally as
>impressive as him, if not more.
>
>4) Gertabelle - See Iunna. Sexy dwarf!
>
>5) Malakhi - I have such huge respect for you. Playing that
>role must be awesome, but at the same time, only suited for a
>suicidal psycho. You keep trudging through the muck that is
>the Fortress, and you come out alive and kicking! Well
>freaking done! (PS, I'm sorry for killing your character like
>3 or 4 times with my alt )
>
>6) Quas - Suicidal midget on the rampage! That's the name of
>my band in honor of your axing if I ever make a band.
>
>Too many Villagers involved with this character. Respond, and
>I'll respond.
>
>ENEMIES:
>1) Various Scions - Unfortunately, I didn't have that much
>interactions with you besides raiding and killing. That is,
>besides Sulzaen. Great great job. Too bad things ended badly,
>but you were quite a force and an established rp/pker.
>
>2) Quird - We fought each other since we were in the 30s (in
>Basilica). You were always a classy enemy, and deadly to boot.
>I wish I had more opportunities to RP with you. Keep it going
>and try to get on that totem pole!
>
>3) Hakdu - I'm glad we had respect for each other. Or rather,
>you had respect for me, so as not to gang me down like some
>other outlanders You were definitely a fun character to
>fight, and you play your race/cabal incredibly well. I think
>either you or Quird will be the next Harbringer.
>
>4) Other outlanders - some of you seem to be gangbitches with
>CD. Advice - stop. Just makes you guys look like tools. If you
>don't care, then by all means, continue to be a tool.
>
>5) Kyaltaru - Hahaha. Dude, we had so much fun fighting. I
>hate bards with a passion. Literally. I think they're the
>stupidest class. I'm glad I could incorporate my hatred for
>bards in Ghrummin's role to bust down any bard in sight
> echoes make me drunker than drinking ale!) If Ghrummin had a
>sworn enemy, it was probably you - but then again, I had
>severe respect for you and the #### you go through dealing
>with the Nexuns. I know I would've deleted a while ago. I'm
>glad I talked you out to deleting twice. Continue to kick ass!
>Oh, and you should try Thror's religion.
>
>6) Calbaseeti - You are a freaking MAD rper to deal with
>Kyaltaru's emo ####. Seems like he molded his character based
>on Spiderman from Spiderman 3! I still think lifesurge was too
>over the top for a role reward, especially when you got it.
>But then again, I'm glad you used it quite often for me to
>think like that. A severe severe blow to the Nexuns when you
>deleted.
>
>7) Quad/Biklaha - My friends! I had your number down pat. Much
>kudos for sticking around.
>
>8) Other Nexuns - Some were good, some were bad. Had a blast
>fighting you though!
>
>9) Adeglicfh - When Woldrun was around, I didn't mind being
>suicidal, because, well, I didn't set the rules. I think I
>should've gone to war against Tribunal just for the sole fact
>that you were the provost. You were quite a dangerous
>character, and a much deserved mummy. BTW - IMMS! Give him his
>freaking title already! Plain fun fighting you - no holds bar,
>just go in and whack!
>
>10) Gzurweeg - Ugh. I think I could've killed you once or
>twice, but it's hard to fight a super conservative AP. That's
>the way you should play to hold onto a weapon, but seriously,
>I think that's dull and boring. Raid things by yourself and
>kickass! It seems to me that you're just looking for a badass
>weapon instead of having fun. Glad I gave you those 15 charges
>though.
>
>11) Ahtieli - I don't know what to make of you. On one hand, I
>still think you have the capacity to greatly influence the
>mud. On the other hand, I don't see that much from you besides
>occasional pks. I get a sense of dullness when I fought you.
>Please, do something awesome with such an awesome and
>well-known character! Just a slight nudge will do it, but...I
>don't know.
>
>12) Satebos - Fun fun fun fun fun. Your RP reminds me of
>another character I had (a lich, no less) in another mud.
>Researchy and twisted. I wish I fought you more. Ah well.
>
>If I think of more, I'll post. Feel free to respond!
>
>Thanks a bunch!

Zalenne (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 07:32 PM

#84427, "RE: Well, a long eventful fun ride!"
In response to Reply #2

Sure, not a word about the filthy mage. Fine, fine, be that way, see if I care, but see if I'll ever make another painting for you, either. Hmph.

-- Zalénne

HammerSongFri 07-Aug-09 11:50 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
#84386, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghrummin Dhrummin the Iron-Arm B..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 08-Aug-09 12:01 AM

I can't say enough positive things about this character. From the moment this character hit my shrine I knew he was going to do big things. Not once did you disappoint. You quickly understood the underlying aspects of my faith and you walked it more than you talked it, which is exactly why you became a Noldarian Smith.

My most memorable moment was watching you stomp your way to Ahtieli not once, but twice by yourself. Once in the Pyramid and the second time in the Sunken Ship. In both instances you came very close to killing him. A lucky deathblow or a solid cranial would have done the trick. The entire time, you roleplayed this confident dwarf that seemed almost unphased by the enormity of the threat.

I was convinced that anyone who took the initiative to go after a Lich would accomplish two things:

1: Catch the Lich offguard and kill him.

2: Force them to spend their time fighting you (a BattleRager) rather than picking off the weak and becoming stronger.

As a BattleRager, you did a fine job of inspiring others. You pushed others to raid, defend and to be tactical. Students of Warfare - exactly what my vision of the cabal.

Not once, did I ever see you break role. This was very reassuring.

I'll say this with the sincerest gratitude: You made my return worthwhile. Ghrummin matches only one other character as my favorite follower and that was Tahren.

It's a real shame you deleted. I think in time, we all end up becoming busy with life but we have to have a retreat like this in order to stimulate our minds in other ways. I wish you would have considered a long hiatus rather than a delete. Regardless, I wish you the very best and hope you make another memorable character again soon.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84382 Previous topic | Next topic