Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Natalie the Mistress Thief" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84289
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 06-Aug-09 02:48 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84289, "(DELETED) [None] Natalie the Mistress Thief"

Thu Aug 6 14:44:23 2009

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Natalie perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:38
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:136

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply This char was just annoying to me, always in the wrong ..., Shifterboy (Guest), 20-Aug-09 11:43 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Natalie the Mistress Thief, Some dude (Guest), 20-Aug-09 10:10 PM, #9
Reply trigger happy?, Guest1001 (Guest), 20-Aug-09 09:12 AM, #4
Reply Anonymous ####. -nt-, Mek (Guest), 20-Aug-09 02:28 PM, #5
Reply I don't think so, but I'll show you what I used., Natalie (Guest), 20-Aug-09 03:16 PM, #6
     Reply That's ####ty enough for me to not like it. NT, Batmanerner (Guest), 20-Aug-09 07:23 PM, #7
     Reply Yeah, that cheating prick. (nt), Robdarkener (Guest), 20-Aug-09 08:05 PM, #8
     Reply Sounds kind of unfair to me, incognito, 21-Aug-09 02:08 AM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Natalie the Mistress Thief, Supernose, 06-Aug-09 04:41 PM, #3
Reply Bad character, Hyshrawr (Guest), 06-Aug-09 03:06 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Natalie the Mistress Thief, Kalisda (Guest), 06-Aug-09 03:05 PM, #1

Shifterboy (Guest)Thu 20-Aug-09 11:43 PM

#84976, "This char was just annoying to me, always in the wrong ..."
In response to Reply #0

no ####ing text

Some dude (Guest)Thu 20-Aug-09 10:10 PM

#84975, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Natalie the Mistress Thief"
In response to Reply #0

I used to have an attitude towards a character like this but I don't anymore. A mad killer adds to the game. Can't believe I said that. I understand complaints about not having role context, but having a character like this in the game, especially in the lower ranks added a lot of tension to the two characters I "interacted" with you on. I never saw the "Nrieshe" effect from this character which made it more reasonable in my mind. (Nrieshe killed one of my characters multiple times and in every instance I was engaged with a mob and at less than 25% health. Not the case with Natalie. I don't think the player ever even looked at anyone.

Guest1001 (Guest)Thu 20-Aug-09 09:12 AM

#84951, "trigger happy?"
In response to Reply #0

From the logs you posted on Dios, it looks like you were using a flee - knife trigger to get most of your kills and didn't have any RP at all. Was it just a goal to see how many PK's you could get with a thief?

BTW, this is from someone who you didn't kill so it's not a personal beef, it's just a question based on logs you posted.

Mek (Guest)Thu 20-Aug-09 02:28 PM

#84959, "Anonymous ####. -nt-"
In response to Reply #4

saf

Natalie (Guest)Thu 20-Aug-09 03:16 PM

#84960, "I don't think so, but I'll show you what I used."
In response to Reply #4

I had triggers that read the direction I fled from the rogue's awareness echo and set a variable to the opposite. Then I had aliases that referred to the variable. They looked like this:

#action {^You fled west.} {#var fleeback east}
#action {^You fled north.} {#var fleeback south}
#action {^You fled east.} {#var fleeback west}
#action {^You fled south.} {#var fleeback north}
#action {^You fled up.} {#var fleeback down}
#action {^You fled down.} {#var fleeback up}

#alias {k1} {$fleeback;knife $target1}

That's not what I would call a flee - knife trigger. I don't even know what a flee - knife trigger would look like, actually. What would it trigger off of? How would you keep it from going off when you were really trying to flee? Why would it ever be better than an alias like this? Anyway, this didn't figure into more than two dozen kills, and in no case was it ever actually decisive, but if you really think it's so deadly, feel free to use it.

Batmanerner (Guest)Thu 20-Aug-09 07:23 PM

#84973, "That's ####ty enough for me to not like it. NT"
In response to Reply #6

Trigger using bimbo.

Robdarkener (Guest)Thu 20-Aug-09 08:05 PM

#84974, "Yeah, that cheating prick. (nt)"
In response to Reply #7

nt

incognitoFri 21-Aug-09 02:08 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84979, "Sounds kind of unfair to me"
In response to Reply #6

It basically means that others struggle to escape you, because you can effectively spam to prevent their escape.

Anyone else would actually have to mentally process what's going on. You aren't having to.

SupernoseThu 06-Aug-09 04:41 PM
Member since 21st Jul 2009
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84296, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Natalie the Mistress Thief"
In response to Reply #0

Only ran into this character once, and I had just died, gotten to the pit to get my stuff, unghosted, to get one shotted by you. That's life, but it left a bad impression as I was still naked and not even full health. Oh well.

Hyshrawr (Guest)Thu 06-Aug-09 03:06 PM

#84293, "Bad character"
In response to Reply #0

So I finally decide to return to CF and low and behold at least three of my characters have this stupid thief named Natalie try to gib them without any word after etc. Would like to say that you were a tough fighter or force to be reckoned with but you just seemed like a character with no real goal or depth.

glwyn

Kalisda (Guest)Thu 06-Aug-09 03:05 PM

#84292, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Natalie the Mistress Thief"
In response to Reply #0

So long, would have been fun to interact more with you and try to figure out your char and rp angles, but really all I saw was the pushing, which I actually found humorous. I did not expect you to up and delete just like that.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84289 Previous topic | Next topic