Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Ungar Rotha the Champion of Anci..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84141
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 05-Aug-09 02:24 AM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84141, "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Ungar Rotha the Champion of Ancient Ways"

Wed Aug 5 02:21:38 2009

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Ungar perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:50
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:83

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Ungar Rotha the Champion of ..., Khiral (Guest), 06-Aug-09 12:41 AM, #7
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Ungar Rotha the Champion of ..., Ungar (Guest), 06-Aug-09 02:07 PM, #17
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Ungar Rotha the Champion of ..., Mestrikia (Guest), 05-Aug-09 06:07 PM, #6
Reply I was hoping you'd choose lastname Bungar..., Twist, 05-Aug-09 09:12 AM, #4
Reply Not funny, lurker, 05-Aug-09 01:43 PM, #5
     Reply Sheesh, Hyshrawr (Guest), 06-Aug-09 01:47 PM, #12
          Reply I'm good now, lurker, 07-Aug-09 09:47 AM, #20
Reply Were you named after Stu Ungar?, Doyle Brunson (Guest), 05-Aug-09 06:17 AM, #3
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Ungar Rotha the Champion of ..., hanstian (Guest), 05-Aug-09 03:32 AM, #2
Reply I saw this one coming., Kyaltaru (Guest), 05-Aug-09 02:56 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I saw this one coming., Daevryn, 06-Aug-09 12:53 AM, #8
          Reply Huh, that's odd, I didn't know he had Fortress., Kyaltaru (Guest), 06-Aug-09 03:22 AM, #9
          Reply RE: I saw this one coming., Ungar (Guest), 06-Aug-09 01:12 PM, #10
               Reply Well.. thanks for the compliment., Kyaltaru (Guest), 06-Aug-09 01:35 PM, #11
               Reply RE: Well.. thanks for the compliment., Ungar (Guest), 06-Aug-09 01:59 PM, #14
                    Reply Probably the IMM-given harp that's pwning you., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 06-Aug-09 02:05 PM, #15
                    Reply Nope, there's actually two-three better instruments., Kyaltaru (Guest), 06-Aug-09 02:12 PM, #18
                    Reply I was hasted twice, I found a cheap source., Kyaltaru (Guest), 06-Aug-09 02:14 PM, #19
               Reply I feel your pain :), Malakhi (Guest), 06-Aug-09 01:59 PM, #13
                    Reply Well, when I bring two and you hit me so hard..., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 06-Aug-09 02:06 PM, #16

Khiral (Guest)Thu 06-Aug-09 12:41 AM

#84227, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Ungar Rotha the Champion of ..."
In response to Reply #0

It sucks that your legacy didnt work worth #### for mental resistance, but it didnt seem like you didnt last to long once you got into the hero range, you have problems with anything else?

Ungar (Guest)Thu 06-Aug-09 02:07 PM

#84280, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Ungar Rotha the Champion of ..."
In response to Reply #7

My only other complaint about the charachter is the super vulns. I mean when plague grazes most people, and MUTILATES you every tick, thats more than just a vuln. Dont even get me started on the ***DEMOLISHING*** scourges. I know clouds are vuln to disease, but since when did vulns step up damage by seven or eight levels. Other than that cloud rager is tough as nails, the wrathing vuln wasnt too bad except against the fire giant in Empire who has Armageddon, he was ***DEMOLISHING*** ***DEVASTATING*** every strike, through resist, but with an uber weapon thats to be expected.

Mestrikia (Guest)Wed 05-Aug-09 06:07 PM

#84210, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Ungar Rotha the Champion of ..."
In response to Reply #0

Dude, you really gave me a hard time when you in my range, you truly gave me a taste of just how annoying battle ragers can be, but you were a good character, you roleplayed it pretty well, but I was really hoping to fight you with my shields (After I spent so many hours mastering my other spells), and actually set you on fire like I said I was going to, hope you make someone on my side next.

TwistWed 05-Aug-09 09:12 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84152, "I was hoping you'd choose lastname Bungar..."
In response to Reply #0

Bostonian Captain Caveman FTW!

lurkerWed 05-Aug-09 01:43 PM
Member since 13th Mar 2006
249 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84177, "Not funny"
In response to Reply #4

Comedy fail...

And yes I am aware of who Captain Caveman is

Hyshrawr (Guest)Thu 06-Aug-09 01:47 PM

#84271, "Sheesh"
In response to Reply #5

You can't fail at humor when your audience has no sense of one...

Take life a little less seriously and maybe you'll get over that bout of hemorrhoids.

Peace

lurkerFri 07-Aug-09 09:47 AM
Member since 13th Mar 2006
249 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84342, "I'm good now"
In response to Reply #12

The hemorrhoids are gone and I'm no longer bleeding from my anus. Thank god it wasn't anal cancer, I didn't want to go out like Farrah Fawcett. I still have this damn perineal hematoma to get over, but that's why doctors need to make good money, probing around in my nether regions.

I have a great sense of humor, Twist's attempt was so forced it reminds me of Fozzy Bear WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA *BOOOOOOO* ... *tomato storm attack*

Doyle Brunson (Guest)Wed 05-Aug-09 06:17 AM

#84148, "Were you named after Stu Ungar?"
In response to Reply #0

If so, Kudos to you.

I've only ever gotten one of my characters named
after a poker player to 46.

One of these days we'll hero one, by god.

hanstian (Guest)Wed 05-Aug-09 03:32 AM

#84145, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Ungar Rotha the Champion of ..."
In response to Reply #0

A shame..

we had a few fights some time ago, that went both ways: - )

good luck with your next

Kyaltaru (Guest)Wed 05-Aug-09 02:56 AM

#84142, "I saw this one coming."
In response to Reply #0

You seemed like you knew your business and then everything fell apart at hero. I thought you were pretty cool when you were talking all tough at me when you were younger, but I knew what would happen, Kyaltaru is probably the worst matchup in the entire game for you.

I don't get why you kept coming after me that one day though, I hate having to do that but I can't really just run away from you when magic is weak. I was hoping I could just steer clear of you.

Anyways, good luck on your next creation chief.

DaevrynThu 06-Aug-09 12:53 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#84229, "RE: I saw this one coming."
In response to Reply #1

I really wish I'd gotten to watch more of the Kyaltaru-Ungar fights, because I'm puzzled.

I've played bard(s) that have had to go up against warriors (even giant warriors) with Fortress of the Spirit.

I've played warriors (even giant warriors) that had Fortress of the Spirit and had to go up against some pretty tough bards.

I consider that matchup to be all-but-unwinnable, one on one, from the bard's side. It's one of the worst basic matchups I can imagine in the game. I've even seen that matchup won by a linkdead warrior. Every time I've previously been in or seen one of those fights, I've seriously thought about nerfing Fortress, although I always decide that it's niche enough that this makes up for how good it is.

That didn't seem to be the way those fights went, though, and I'm not sure why.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Thu 06-Aug-09 03:22 AM

#84231, "Huh, that's odd, I didn't know he had Fortress."
In response to Reply #8

I didn't save them sadly, but I fought him four times one day, initiating two, and I don't think I dropped below 80% hp in any of the fights.

Two of them he one rounded my fiend, and I just fire and ice'd it and got lucky on straight doom's.

And the other two I nocturne'd him and got powerful fiends and chased and he died to them.

Granted I was using wrath and got all four sleeps off and got to fully song him up, so that makes quite a difference.

Maybe he has them saved though?

Ungar (Guest)Thu 06-Aug-09 01:12 PM

#84266, "RE: I saw this one coming."
In response to Reply #8

Firstly, he never, not once failed a song at me. Slept me the first try everytime, distorted me on first or second attempt the two fights he didnt manage to sleep me, fiends were weak as hell from other bards, but for some reason his were still tough as nails. Apocalypto song >>>CAUTERIZED<<< on average, pretty sure he has the edge that makes the song not throw out the ice I was resistant too, at least I never once saw an icey apocalypto from him. I rolled Ungar with the express desire to put some hurt on the Nexuns, as I saw them rolling around in gank mode for quite a while, six on two against the Villagers, with a healer, just left a bad taste in my mouth. And it went just as I figured it would, until that day with the bard, in three of our five battles, I never managed to touch him with a weapon at all, in one he out meleed me, just couldnt hit him with a sword, and in another I died to three apocs, from 1000 hps to death in nine rounds against a bard, unfiended, just blew my mind. Then shortly thereafter Gzurweeg two rounded me, I just said to hell with it.

Anyway, it was fun, had fun shutting up a few Nexuns at least, especially one particular dwarf, and not the one who lost it when I refused to return the holy mark. Like I told you when I was rank 10 dwarf, and you were running rough shod over the Village in your massive gank squad, acting like that made you bad ass, Ungar wasnt going to face you six on one, or even six on two, but unlike the other Villagers, I was around enough to catch you alone, or with another, and I made a couple of you pay. Kyaltaru, great charachter, not taking anything away from your RP or your skill, but something odd is happening with your bard, having played and seen tons of them played, somehow you manage to do things I've never seen another bard do.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Thu 06-Aug-09 01:35 PM

#84269, "Well.. thanks for the compliment."
In response to Reply #10

It's not really all too often that there's a bard people are scared of, and that's what I was aiming for, but even now I know I'm not to that level and have a little more work to do. But I have figured out the class, how to gear, how to prep for each person etc.

Breaking it down though..
I don't know how much +str/dex you geared for, but my songs are probably around -13 str/dex and that can really screw a giant sword spec up bad. You lose a lot of parrying, and any dodges you can muster up if you aren't countering it with gear. Add in the fact I was using exotics(wrath for that matter) that you likely haven't came across before on the character so you don't know much about them, and I have perfect sword. Then you're echo'd and only have boneshatter as a malediction and I usually aim for about +15 str +10 dex so it dosen't really do much. All that added up when I have 24 dex is a pretty ridiculous tank, your main hope for damage is to slip past echos and rock spec moves.

As tragic, that fight where I killed you with the three apoc's was sheer luck and you shouldn't feel all that bad about it. I've gone into fights and gotten like 6 icy/fiery illusions in a row like "Damnit come on!". But I doubted you wanted that much elaboration, I just feel bad about your delete because you really seemed like you would be a great enemy.

Ungar (Guest)Thu 06-Aug-09 01:59 PM

#84276, "RE: Well.. thanks for the compliment."
In response to Reply #11

My only true complaint was that your songs just land WAY to frequently, my last bard was a tragic bard, and MOST bard songs are not best suited for the tragic rep, meaning they are less likely to land. Yet you somehow managed to land them nearly every time, against someone who took the Legacy for resisting bard songs. Just think that sounds like something isnt working like its supposed to to me. Been here a long time, and I know bards can be great tanks to an extent, but bards, at least the ones that I have played, are not able to just stand for eight or nine rounds with a Villager, and walk away with 80% plus of their health, as you have already stated you did four, or five times in one day. Sure, if you land all your songs, but thats the things, its supposed to be hard to get all your songs off, not just something that happens every fight. I know I am not the most skilled PK'er around, but Ungar wasnt a chump as far as that went, and you just pwned the hell out of him, while constantly slipping past the fact that I had the Forrtess legacy somehow. Anyway, I deleted him because of the wasted Legacy, if bards were raping me with the Fortress legacy, I should have just chosen something else. I would also like to point out that you werent even really prepping to fight him, no resistance beside anthem that I could tell, while I also had Cry of Thunder, but even after Cry I still couldnt hit you, just seems very, very odd.

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Thu 06-Aug-09 02:05 PM

#84278, "Probably the IMM-given harp that's pwning you."
In response to Reply #14

I gotta believe it's rather high level.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Thu 06-Aug-09 02:12 PM

#84281, "Nope, there's actually two-three better instruments."
In response to Reply #15

Just rocking it cause it's a leader harp and I did a quest for it.
It is really good though, don't get me wrong.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Thu 06-Aug-09 02:14 PM

#84282, "I was hasted twice, I found a cheap source."
In response to Reply #14

You only cried two of the fights, and those were both the times I had haste I believe. I really just wish I would have saved all of them, I need to start logging more.

Malakhi (Guest)Thu 06-Aug-09 01:59 PM

#84275, "I feel your pain :)"
In response to Reply #10

Most times I feel like Battle warriors = 1.5 enemies. But I keep adding to my laundry list of situations that suck ass for Battle.

Good luck with your next.

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Thu 06-Aug-09 02:06 PM

#84279, "Well, when I bring two and you hit me so hard..."
In response to Reply #13

...you crash the game twice what do you expect?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84141 Previous topic | Next topic