Subject: "(CON LOSS) [SCION] Messervy Bivnad the Hand of the Unse..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84043
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 03-Aug-09 10:16 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84043, "(CON LOSS) [SCION] Messervy Bivnad the Hand of the Unseen, Advisor to the Chancellor"

Mon Aug 3 22:15:24 2009

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Messervy perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:472

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Messervy Bivnad the Hand of the ..., HammerSong, 06-Aug-09 05:06 PM, #39
Reply I bank rolled llamar, Abernytee (Guest), 10-Aug-09 02:42 PM, #43
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Messervy Bivnad the Hand of the ..., Zendrac (Guest), 13-Aug-09 06:19 PM, #44
     Reply Not to mention the original alocacoc! Nt, Aber (Guest), 14-Aug-09 08:59 AM, #45
Reply Will miss you, bud!, Artenno (Guest), 05-Aug-09 02:34 PM, #35
Reply Nooooooo!, Weggetana (Guest), 04-Aug-09 12:59 PM, #15
Reply Messervy... Why now?, Thaltran (Guest), 04-Aug-09 07:49 AM, #11
Reply RE: Messervy... Why now?, Vythigor_ (Guest), 04-Aug-09 02:32 PM, #17
Reply And I still cannot learn to reply to the right thread, Vythigor_ (Guest), 04-Aug-09 02:33 PM, #18
Reply Ya know..., Messervy (Guest), 04-Aug-09 09:16 PM, #24
Reply Bivnad out..., Messervy (Guest), 04-Aug-09 01:27 AM, #2
Reply RE: Bivnad out..., Dotran (Guest), 04-Aug-09 01:52 AM, #3
Reply Annoying thief, Ghrummin (Guest), 04-Aug-09 02:09 AM, #4
Reply I was impressed with the size of your sack., trewyn, 04-Aug-09 03:03 AM, #5
Reply Ouch!, Messervy (Guest), 04-Aug-09 09:21 PM, #25
Reply the periapt, Oe-guy (Guest), 04-Aug-09 04:15 AM, #6
Reply Well done n/t, Dervish, 04-Aug-09 05:31 AM, #7
Reply Great Job, Landser (Guest), 04-Aug-09 07:04 AM, #8
Reply I was actually surprised you didn't steal more often fr..., Dolce (Guest), 04-Aug-09 07:34 AM, #9
Reply That container was different..., Messervy (Guest), 04-Aug-09 09:28 PM, #26
     Reply Gotcha..., Dolce (Guest), 05-Aug-09 09:26 AM, #30
Reply Ooh man! I LOVED interacting with you!, Arrna (Guest), 04-Aug-09 07:44 AM, #10
Reply Guilty as charged., Messervy (Guest), 04-Aug-09 09:38 PM, #27
     Reply It was so strange!, Arrna (Guest), 05-Aug-09 09:21 AM, #29
Reply I am sneaky sneaky, Quas (Guest), 04-Aug-09 09:03 AM, #12
Reply Bah, Astomel (Guest), 04-Aug-09 09:45 AM, #13
Reply Conloss my friend, your drinking again aint ya rofl, Holdora (Guest), 05-Aug-09 01:58 PM, #33
Reply Yeah, I tried to annoy you on purpose. Sorry., Kyaltaru (Guest), 04-Aug-09 12:41 PM, #14
Reply It was a fun time,, Adeglicfh (Guest), 04-Aug-09 02:03 PM, #16
Reply RE: Bivnad out..., Susu (Guest), 04-Aug-09 02:56 PM, #19
Reply I'm not pleased, not at all., Lornis (Guest), 04-Aug-09 03:11 PM, #20
Reply My timing is impeccable., Nethos (Guest), 04-Aug-09 03:42 PM, #21
Reply RE: Bivnad out..., Sulye (Guest), 04-Aug-09 04:05 PM, #22
Reply Very well done character., Ezra (Guest), 04-Aug-09 09:04 PM, #23
Reply Just the two of us..., Messervy (Guest), 04-Aug-09 09:47 PM, #28
Reply Awww, Durble (Guest), 05-Aug-09 11:55 AM, #31
Reply RE: Bivnad out..., Liethkim (Guest), 05-Aug-09 12:02 PM, #32
Reply You talk about Quas being slippery, Zutod (Guest), 05-Aug-09 02:16 PM, #34
Reply Messy, Messy, Messy..., Mergulla, 05-Aug-09 02:54 PM, #36
Reply RE: Messy, Messy, Messy..., Enlilth, 05-Aug-09 03:18 PM, #37
Reply Blarg!, Nacklewig (Guest), 05-Aug-09 03:40 PM, #38
Reply RE: Bivnad out..., Satoshi (Guest), 08-Aug-09 12:43 AM, #40
Reply Jees, con-loss? Really?, Quird (Guest), 10-Aug-09 08:53 AM, #41
Reply RE: Bivnad out..., Daevryn, 10-Aug-09 10:09 AM, #42
Reply [SCION] Messervy Bivnad the Hand of the Unseen, Advisor..., Edika (Guest), 03-Aug-09 10:26 PM, #1

HammerSongThu 06-Aug-09 05:06 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84300, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Messervy Bivnad the Hand of the ..."
In response to Reply #0

Everytime I saw Messervy he was stacked to the gills! I figured he had great connections and a sly hand at picking pockets.

He also seemed to be in the mix regarding anything going on. Great character. Actually kind of reminded me of Llamar (old school Merchant Prince) from back in the day.

Great job and way to make this character shine in all interactions.

Abernytee (Guest)Mon 10-Aug-09 02:42 PM

#84506, "I bank rolled llamar"
In response to Reply #39

With my first character Martrist the cloud rager. I happened to sacrafice one of Twist's brewed master potions when he was goading a few of us villagers stuck in a noexit room. The thing gave me about 17000000000000 gold which made my newbie ass a huge target!

-----Abernyte

Zendrac (Guest)Thu 13-Aug-09 06:19 PM

#84615, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Messervy Bivnad the Hand of the ..."
In response to Reply #39

<51 D-elf thi> Llamaar the Merchant Prince

Played by Torben, who later played Llorenthos and several Battle Rager Veterans.

Aber (Guest)Fri 14-Aug-09 08:59 AM

#84624, "Not to mention the original alocacoc! Nt"
In response to Reply #44

Nt

Artenno (Guest)Wed 05-Aug-09 02:34 PM

#84184, "Will miss you, bud!"
In response to Reply #0

Always knew you had a secret agenda pursuant to which you would use me in some way, but it was always a fun agenda so I did not mind at all. Great times, big loss of an ally / friend from my perspective. I say it's Trib-time for you!!!

Weggetana (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 12:59 PM

#84083, "Nooooooo!"
In response to Reply #0

I'll honestly miss your duergar ass, it was always fun with you and you bounced off my Roleplay really well.

I noticed as you moved up the scionistic ladder you had less and less time to waste with me though.

All around I though you were a fine example of a greedy duergar.

GLWTN!

Thaltran (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 07:49 AM

#84072, "Messervy... Why now?"
In response to Reply #0

I think you taught me more in 3 days than I learned in a month on my own. Some of which you may not have known you were teaching. I'm unsure how well versed you are with thieves but your skill level was by far, way, above mine and that was awesome. I would have enjoyed getting to know you better and going places with you. I think I have created a pretty fair combination and could have used your tips and tricks to grow but I'll have to settle with your reincarnation. Anyway, glwyn.

Vythigor_ (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 02:32 PM

#84090, "RE: Messervy... Why now?"
In response to Reply #11

"Vythigor was so helpful and helpless at the same time. I enjoyed our interactions and I made alliances to cover my ass in town. Order was good for business I would spout, but we all know, I broke the law each time I entered a town. If I wasn’t stealing copper, I was probably sleeping. When the elf bard followed me into my guild, I bragged about what would happen to him since I had you in my pocket. As much as I had wished it was true, I can say, you tried to stay away from me for political reasons, but I knew I was too useful for you to turn your cheek to."

I also tremendously enjoyed interacting with you. I always felt badly for team-evil and their lack of healing so I did what I could without crossing the neutral line. The elf bard dug his own grave and got kicked out for something significantly different than what you describe. It was also the hardest decision I had to make, but yes, I suppose, after all, you were a catalyst in that expulsion process.

I envied your knowledge and skill and was blessed to have spent time with you. Good luck with your next. I DARE you to make a Tribunal.

P.S.: I was helpless wasn't I? Hehe. I think helpful and helpless at the same time summarizes Vythigor's CF learning process.

Vythigor_ (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 02:33 PM

#84091, "And I still cannot learn to reply to the right thread"
In response to Reply #17

*sigh*

Messervy (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 09:16 PM

#84124, "Ya know..."
In response to Reply #11

Tell me you had to love that Seantryn Palace situation. One of the more amusing CF memories I will keep. I lost the log of it. Damn shame. I have played a fair share of thieves. I had a poisoner back in the day. I killed the King of Blindenstone, the Lord and Empress of Seantryn, the Emperor of Organia, heck you name it all alone at rank 35ish. But that was shortlived. That locksmithing is something I want to know more about but am to cheap to use points toward it. If you could have opened some of those containers, it would have changed my mind.

Messervy (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 01:27 AM

#84058, "Bivnad out..."
In response to Reply #0

Man down…man down….man down. MUHAHAHAHHAAA!!!! I really can’t say how much I appreciated this character. To the players, the IMMs, and the game I say thanks. I rolled this character with foresight and planning, and I can say the mechanics are awesome. I like to think I pushed this thief to the limits of general utility, and made the best of it. More so than the mechanics though, the character itself seem to work like a charm. Messervy was born from the inspiration of my “real life” boss. I viewed him as a slick, swindling, opportunist bastard who always seemed to tell you straight up lies if he thought that was what would get him his desires from a situation or material perception. And do so with a grin. A big nasty grin.

Toward the end of my journey, I was given so much recognition from the staff, it was really hard to wipe the grin from my face some days. I hope I was able to give something back to you guys.

I made so many associates with Messervy it was ridiculous. I am ever so appreciative of all the many characters, and their individual talents or personalities. I don’t know where to begin when it comes right down to saying goodbyes. There will be no order to these… If I had to pick just one, I would choose none.

Scions…

Tameron was cool with me. Seen him like twice, he inducted me, never seen him again. I think you missed a good ride.

Sulzaen was the ####, and likely the reason I lived so long. I really had that ritual planned out, and was about to kick it into a real deal. Too bad we can’t share our research now…..

Ly-guy was a ####. It was his character though. We shared words when we first met over cabal, and I was warned to watch my mouth by Sulzaen for speaking. Then I cheered as he beat on you in Hamsah, then you talked real big. In my opinion, he punked you. And I laughed hard. One of my most amusing memories.

Ezranil was a replacement to Sulzaen. But just not the same. I enjoyed our interactions and I believe you helped kept me alive this long, by simply being a diversion. At one point I thought you were gonna make a run for Chancellor, then it seemed you hope. Keep rockin dude.

Frismund was the only scion that had been around as long as me. Powerful character. I tried to aid you when you raised armies, it was the best diversion I could ask for. One that rescues. I foresee a solid future for Frismund if he keeps on course.

Satoshi gets a wow. I can say I have never held something so powerful.

Lornis was and is what I expect. Everyone else look away for a moment, so we can have a moment in private. Hey Lornis, its all a dream unless you believe enough to make it real.

The rest of the lackies…

Grizzly bird boys were always a fresh sigh of relief, since I knew I had what you wanted, but you couldn’t take it by force. A recommendation for the Chasm is the best bartering chip in the game when it is desired.

Zatale was one of the few who provoked Messervy’s bad side to show over cabal, and I was always pleased to know he had not been given a place. Sorry dude, we just didn’t mesh.

Tribunal…

Shalsad was a beast and my favorite ally for attack. You were such an ass, I pointed the finger at you and called you the bad guy. Believe it or not, it seemed to earn points with the Marshal and other lightwalkers when I showed sympathy for your destruction of them and their possessions. I can say, I envied character, but hope I am never like you.

Vythigor was so helpful and helpless at the same time. I enjoyed our interactions and I made alliances to cover my ass in town. Order was good for business I would spout, but we all know, I broke the law each time I entered a town. If I wasn’t stealing copper, I was probably sleeping. When the elf bard followed me into my guild, I bragged about what would happen to him since I had you in my pocket. As much as I had wished it was true, I can say, you tried to stay away from me for political reasons, but I knew I was too useful for you to turn your cheek to.

“The Mummy” was the one and only to get a pieces like the ‘stoneform’ amulet and a shield of pitchest black from Messervy. I will never forget you telling me you had the plague longer than the amulet. I grinned inside knowing I could just go back and get it again. I enjoyed our association, it was indeed profitable. As always, like Frismund, great diversion.

Jedidiah was a great business connection in my youth as we seemed to share the same desire to practice our thievery. Then Tellik booted ya from the guild… I like to think it was the best thing that ever happened to Messervy.

Artenno was a one of a kind. It is always fresh when you can enjoy someone and know when you see their name on the who list, you are gonna enjoy a line or two. I enjoyed our adventures, you land lover. I tried to ease you into the water, by starting with swamps. I think by the end you didn’t mind the mush as much. Rock on you salty dawg, rock on.

Oe-elf guy had me convicted and set me free. Oh what a relief that was when you let me walk off… You know I only had a few deaths left, but I just had to have that periapt. For that I owed you something and didn’t attack you off duty.

Maran…

Arrna was a stand up fella, and I enjoyed our interactions. Respect between enemies can be achieved. I believe it was your interactions with Enlilth that drew attention to me. I can’t thank you enough for being cool. Your rules on the Fortress were so good for manipulation, and I could talk my way into some interesting situations.

Dargin was a bane. I suppose you do what you do cause you feel like doing it. I had a bad taste from you due to my association of you and Eleazer. I was pleased when you were removed from the Fortress, and I claimed it was due to me. It disappointed me to see you back inside, and then it seemed toward the end you were even less admirable in your war against evil.

Tialan was someone I enjoyed interacting with. We fought often and we spoke often. I was surprised you didn’t stay longer, as I had devious plans to break your will myself. Shame you didn’t make it long enough for Enlilth to reward me for Arrna’s failure to make you “good”.

Lorn heard more replies than she should have. That has to be amusing sometimes, cause the only time I spoke to Lornis was usually to discuss raids. I know I died one time and was holding a grudge on Tialan, you spoke to me and calmed me down some. Thanks for being the other side, you did it with class.

Eleazer was an ass of an elf. I didn’t want to interact with you as the invoker traps are nasty. You caught me in a few of them. I used you as way to sympathize with Arrna, and have a reason to gain respect for opposites. But when you ran into Galadon and stoneshattered the Provost’s amulet for sheer spite, I knew I didn’t like you and I was grinning when I heard you were gone.

Duppy is duppy. And Duppidy doo. I enjoyed our interactions. Rock on man.

Outlander…

Quird was a solid enemy through-out my life. I respected you, but I did not enjoy our battles.

Loz was an outlander bard. Two things I didn’t like the odds against.

Mreash was few and far between. I think you were a little edgy when we spoke. Messervy usually wasn’t trying to complain but merely open communications with folks. Hopefully some of that bled through and wasn’t lost in the chaos of battles.

Sulye was a beast, and I am glad I didn’t interact with you more. Rock on.

Empire…

Assassins were like a bull’s eye for my dagger. Oh how I enjoyed seeing the damages done. To each of you, I enjoyed our battles back and forth.

Thieves were like my own shadow. I knew you all were out there, but it was like I never seen any of you. I can’t say I am complaining. I considered myself a walking collection of fine things.

Warriors were also good targets. Can’t say any of you stand out. Maybe Dolce because I stole his bag one time. It was an interesting collection of things. Petty theft wasn’t really my gig, but your bag was special.

Mages were never seen alone, only in squads. I avoided you with them, and you always seemed to disappear on sight when alone. Hrm…. strange as it was.

Ithe gets special mention. I can’t say I interacted with you much, but you hold a place in me becoming Chancellor. I was on my final death and playing it safe awaiting a chancellor to be appointed. Thaltran and I were checking out some thief skills in the Palace, and low and behold I notice you imperials gathering in Seantryn. Thaltran noticed you, and I commented I couldn’t get lucky enough for you to try to approach me inside the gates. Like a gift from the gods, you two walked right in, invitations in hand. After I stole them, I get a tell for an Immortal. Something to the affects of “That was not only entertaining, but bold also.” Then I felt a boon in my vitality from the Lord of Ambition. Thanks for playing your part.

Nexus…

Kylataru was a bane. I didn’t mesh well with you. You seemed arrogant and annoying when we first met. I realize I was trying to use you to collect stuff, but then you kept asking me questions repeatedly to the point that I stopped listening. I didn’t want to be your best friend, and then you got bratty with me for not replying. You cost me life, and made my blood boil at one point. But with respects you do what you do well.

Calbasa was the wife of the bane. You stunned me with you healing abilities. Good job. I think we know who was the sausage in your marriage.

Battle…

Byren was an enemy. I can’t say we ever came to terms. It used to make me smile throughout the day to imagine you sacrificing a legacy just for the chance to stop me from robbing you. There was a svirf that came before you, one who had made that same choice. Then Ghrummin would follow in choosing it. I laugh in amusement when I consider your rationality. I can’t express how much I appreciate our interactions as it allowed Messervy to live with vigor and challenge. I know when I was hunting with Shalsad and other tribunals, no outcome was certain but entertainment was a given. I can say I didn’t approve of some of the corpse remains you guys returned to at the hands of Shalsad and Sulzaen, but there was little I could to prevent it.

Malakhi was a beast. You killed me with one blow, more than once I think. I respected you, and I didn’t rob you unless it was a weapon that I knew would hurt me bad. I kept my distance even in the shadows, and the chances I was gonna gang you reduced each time you touched me. By the end, it was like you were just another passer-by. All respects are earned by Malakhi. Rock on.

Woldrun was a stand up guy. Our interactions were candid and relaxed. I liked that. I was always trying to get someone kicked out of a the fortress, or the tribunal, or even the village. You entertained me, and at one point you attacked me, then told me “I looked to make sure it was you before I swung.” I bout rolled laughing. Then there was one time, I took two bloodstone rings from Shalsad after he killed Malakhi. Then I fenced them to you through the guild, for a pair of fire opals I wanted. Thanks for the times.

Quas was the most slippery bastard I have ever seen. You fargin rock, and I don’t care what anyone says, you have to use magic to disappear like you do. Rock on.

Dotran was the most stand up villager by far. I enjoyed your place as a villager. You made fighting the beast less scary, as I knew you were after the fight and not my vanities.

Herald…

Edika was my bud. You got me so drunk I died. It was fun cutting loose in the Bar. I was feeling so cocky back in those days. I would have to say those were the best of times materially for Messervy. We seemed to mesh well. I always considered Messervy the herald of the Scions.

Nacklewig was the ####. I loved interactions with you, and I found them the most rewarding parts of CF. “Stupid shifter says what.” You inspire me to give life to a character, or personality. Truly one of my faves of all time. “Did you hear that?”

Others…

Gnamrish was great company. I like to remember the time I gave you an everfull skin, cause that’s the only thing I ever could. You probably don’t remember this, but when we first met we were on one of my adventures to the swamp. We ended up gathering three phylacteries from there. I sold one pair to a shifter that was with us, then kept two. You didn’t even ask for one. I always regretted not sharing the wealth after all the charity you showed me. Until the skin, then I considered ourselves even. Thanks for the times. “6”

Astomel and the hell crew were cool. You know I had great plans to return. Oh well. Guess some of us have to catch up on our research. Thanks a bunch, it allowed me to live such a long life. That rod of restoration was more important to Messervy’s life than you know. Barkral, Zatalte, Nethos, Bogrel, or who ever… you all rocked Messervy’s party.

I am sure I am leaving off some shifters and healers I used. All the thieves that were in the guild, young and old. To each and every one I interacted with, I am in awe. Messervy is one I will remember.

My Queen was evil and inspiring. I appreciated the day you entered my world. It seemed like it was never gonna happen then bam, I was deep in it. You started to scare me when I collected all those items and didn’t see you forever, but you came through and never too late. I enjoyed our interactions and I tried to amuse you as much as myself. I always pondered, when you granted me the task at the entrance of the Chasm, would you have found it too lazy if I had went and bought seven bloody husks in the chasm and returned three steps seeking reward? And my story, was it really the best or were you just giving me sympathy toward the end? Either way I’ll never forget it. Thanks.

Enlilth was the best. Enlilth you were the best to Messervy. Thanks. I tried to be double great for the both of us. I know Arrna was a great interest to us both, and through his class we were able to experience each other. That day in the guild, I was really surprised it was you talking to me, as I had really never thought of you as my Lord. You gave Messervy life, and you made living seem to have value. I was so confused when you branded me, an honor considering Messervy’s lack of devotion. Thanks for the saving me from the brink bland character death, then challenging me to enter the Inferno for the first time ever with any character, then making me feel appreciated for my greed with a mark, then the gifts before punting me into the pit of Hell. I like to think I’m sitting on a shelf somewhere. Thanks.

Dotran (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 01:52 AM

#84059, "RE: Bivnad out..."
In response to Reply #2

I should have stuck around longer. I really liked that you weren't a blackjack and clean them out style thief. You were very daring for a thief, I thought, I always felt kind of bad when deathblow got you where you might otherwise have been able to kill me, especially since you were ballsy enough to try and take me down solo.

Nice character.

Ghrummin (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 02:09 AM

#84062, "Annoying thief"
In response to Reply #2

Just as a thief should be!

And I take great offense that your suggestion of my legacy choice was to 'stop' thieves. Maelstrom is by far the most useful and best legacy out there, ESPECIALLY when facing multiple people. Works well with disarm as well as spamming 'cranial 1.' Try playing a Maelstrom warrior someday - you'll absolutely love it.

I didn't like your whining about eq - initially I contributed it to your ooc personality. Hopefully it was your rp (hinted by your title).

Have fun with your next!

trewynTue 04-Aug-09 03:03 AM
Member since 04th Jan 2005
269 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84063, "I was impressed with the size of your sack."
In response to Reply #2

You had balls to try and jack me in the daylight. Not once, not twice, but three times. AND on a full moon non the less?!? What are you nutz? I KNOW it was you who stole my cube of force. Go on, admit it!

Anyhow, I had respect for your risk taking. Good luck with your next.

Messervy (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 09:21 PM

#84125, "Ouch!"
In response to Reply #5

I hated druids. Sunrays, lightning bolts, vengence omg vengence is rediculous, the hunt, hell need I go on? But I do remember getting a good shot in on you in Galadon. You were fighting that minotaur, handing him his ass. I told him I would help him kill you, then you attacked my nightwalker. He ran back from the healer just in time to cut you off. Those circle stabs hurt just as bad as sunray sometimes.

Oe-guy (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 04:15 AM

#84065, "the periapt"
In response to Reply #2

i knew you stole it but i couldn't really prove it. what exactly happened? was it in the chest? i tried to look in the moment you opened the chest, but guess who the hell had a chest as a container...yeah me. i looked in my own container, and then i wrote exa 2.ches before finally writing exa 2.chest, by which time it was all empty. mind saying what actually happened? im curious. was it in the chest?

DervishTue 04-Aug-09 05:31 AM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#84066, "Well done n/t"
In response to Reply #2

nt

Landser (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 07:04 AM

#84067, "Great Job"
In response to Reply #2

I thought you were fantastic.

One time I didn't even know you were online when we raided and then:

"Wait."
mutter
"Messervy stole the scepter back."

That's the way to do it.

Also, having played one character based on my landlord, I'm happy to discover that I'm not alone in doing this sort of thing.

GLWYN

Dolce (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 07:34 AM

#84069, "I was actually surprised you didn't steal more often fr..."
In response to Reply #2

I rarely carried many "good" things, but once you stole my bag once, I figured you were going to be a pest going forward...

FWIW, was there any real reason you stole it? Or was it just that I attacked you once?

Messervy (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 09:28 PM

#84126, "That container was different..."
In response to Reply #9

I don't remember if you attacked me, or if I did it just for the sheer objective to examine it. I tried not to be a prick, ya know the normal petty thief, but I did do it from time to time just to prove to specific people I could if I wanted to. I know I had to drop alot of things to carry it, which is another reason I rarely bothered to be petty, but I made good use of most of it. Including your flasks and that lucky stuff.

Dolce (Guest)Wed 05-Aug-09 09:26 AM

#84154, "Gotcha..."
In response to Reply #26

It can carry alot of crap, and you can buy it in a major city. I love it.

Arrna (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 07:44 AM

#84070, "Ooh man! I LOVED interacting with you!"
In response to Reply #2

I felt real bad the other day when we were talking, and I knew you would step out. I also knew that Arrna wouldn't let that chance slip away so I went straight at you. Even though I would have prefered to just sit down and chat. But gotta follow the role you know.

Was it you that stole my last container? Hrm, girdle of endless space? I was SO annoyed. I think Arrna has lost totally 25+ prepp filled containers. Half of them in the chasm when the nightwalkers has disapeared when the owner of the portal has died. One that I know of to you, and a few others to different thieves.

Anyways, you had class, in a sneaky sort of way. And that thing with Tialan I think... You know, Arrna had 0 reasons to believe your word over Tialans. Even though OOC I knew for 100% that you weren't lying. But as I said, gotta stick to the role. (And man, have I painted myself into a few corners!)

I was really hoping to get some more interactions out of you.

Ooh, one more thing! I'm sorry for that time I bitched at you when you stole something from me, periapts I think? Was REALLY bad style... For some reason, gear keeps being my weakest point and it really gets to me when I lose it. Even though I'm trying REAL hard to not let it. I bet there will be quite a few imm comments about me whining.

Anyways, I hope you come back soon again with something equally cool!

Messervy (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 09:38 PM

#84128, "Guilty as charged."
In response to Reply #10

I did steal your container on eastern. I just wanted thoes flasks out of there. You beinging able to bring me out of the shadows is not a good thing. You know things might have been different, if I had realized earlier in my life that I could rob you so easily. What chargeset?

Arrna (Guest)Wed 05-Aug-09 09:21 AM

#84153, "It was so strange!"
In response to Reply #27

Having played a thief before I was certain I'd be close to immune to stealing, as I was sure it would trigger chargeset. (As it ALWAYS did on my previous hero thief)

And was I surprised when suddenly everyone started stealing from me! (did you spread the word?)

Quas (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 09:03 AM

#84074, "I am sneaky sneaky"
In response to Reply #2

Was fun and frustrating having you around. Never knew when I would be fighting someone and bam getting tripped into the dirt by you too. And that episode in arial city made me want to pull out my hair, I manage to actually beat the conjie back and then you get me stuck trying to escape and I had to die to that noobie clown as a result, it made me want to cry. I liked your rp though and had fun exchanging bracelets and rings with you every few hours haha. You had some big brass balls I have to say for a thief and it made it fun and refreshing.

p.s. that kill I landed on you in the weald where I was spelled up the wazoo and bare handed is one of the high lights of my cf career you sure made things get intense.

Astomel (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 09:45 AM

#84076, "Bah"
In response to Reply #2

We were just saying that we need a thief on our next Hell trip and you go ahead and delete!? Damn. Anyways I hope you enjoyed our adventures. Good luck with your next.

Holdora (Guest)Wed 05-Aug-09 01:58 PM

#84178, "Conloss my friend, your drinking again aint ya rofl"
In response to Reply #13

fhdsgue

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 12:41 PM

#84082, "Yeah, I tried to annoy you on purpose. Sorry."
In response to Reply #2

Like the first three times you ever talked to me was you wanting to go get things for yourself and you were already uber decked while I was in regear. It just kind of got old after awhile and you constantly were thieving stuff out of my pockets and running off, then would only gank me if you fought. So I figured I'd bug you here and there knowing you only wanted things for you.

IC - I was like bleh, this guy...
OOC - I loved you to death, I thought you played a slick dirty thief that would only get what he wanted. That's why I always just left you all your loot everytime you died because I had respect for it. I'm sure glad you're gone though!

Good luck on your next character, way to stick it out with this one.

-Kyaltaru Tel'dethian

Adeglicfh (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 02:03 PM

#84087, "It was a fun time,"
In response to Reply #2

I like going about with you, a couple times you jumped in a fight, I wasn't to happy about as I like to fight 1vs1 when I can, but I can't blame you.

I trusted you when I was with you, but I rarely took what you told me full on as the truth. Just something about a Scion thief and holding back the whole truth in my mind.

Glad you got those extra couple con, as I figured you would. I wasn't ready to see you go, it's nice having a thief informat.

As for the Amulet and the Plague.. Here is the timer on it, and this was sometime after we finished there

Physical effect: 'plague' modifies strength by -175 for 1936 hours.

I still think was a bug along with the inability for a healer to heal it when I was in that other form. Not sure what the average tick time is, but that still was going to be a long as time. And to have the first invoker glace at me and stoneshatter, was just the icing on a bad day.

Anyways see you around

- Adeglicfh

Susu (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 02:56 PM

#84095, "RE: Bivnad out..."
In response to Reply #2

I got a bad taste in my mouth from you, I think because you were so quick to gang and talk smack. Which seems a character thing now, so ok, but there you have it. I recall you kinda trying to pretend you weren't scion for a while, trying to stay under the radar while of course stealing and such from villagers, and Susu, as someone who can see hidden, felt it was part of her job (and as a scout, too of course) to protect the other villagers from exactly what you were doing. Nothing personal on that score.

GLWYN

Lornis (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 03:11 PM

#84099, "I'm not pleased, not at all."
In response to Reply #2

You were a solid presence, though unseen, for the chasm. You might not have been the deadliest in certain situations, but you certainly gave it your all. I respect how hard many of the situations we faced must have been for you and i wish we could have gone farther with the things you were working on. It is great to hear that you had fun and I'm glad I could be part of it. I'm not sure I completely understand your words for me, but thats ok, maybe I'll figure it out!

GLWYN

Nethos (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 03:42 PM

#84104, "My timing is impeccable."
In response to Reply #2

Its unfortunate that we didn't get to kick any ass together. Dispel and trip is almost as mean as earthbind in a lot of cases.

Good luck with you next.

Sulye (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 04:05 PM

#84108, "RE: Bivnad out..."
In response to Reply #2

>Sulye was a beast, and I am glad I didn’t interact with you
>more. Rock on.

Having read your goodbye, I have to admit I had you pegged wrong. You actually seem like a decent guy. Sulye was just a bad matchup for you unless you could get the drop on me. Suffice it to say others don't find me so beastly.

Ezra (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 09:04 PM

#84122, "Very well done character."
In response to Reply #2

I really liked Messy, and I respected the resillience it must have taken to play a scion duergar thief considering the amount of wrath you must have faced. That may very well be part of the reason for your low con. Having a thief around is so usefull on so many levels

Good luck on your next.

Messervy (Guest)Tue 04-Aug-09 09:47 PM

#84129, "Just the two of us..."
In response to Reply #23

Wasn't it. That's how it felt to me. I can say I tried to be independant of the Scholars, for asking within the group to aid in collection has always been looked down on from my experiences in Scion with previous thieves. I paid for my PBF so it should show how fast I could eat con. Mrmmmm.... Con Taste Good!

Durble (Guest)Wed 05-Aug-09 11:55 AM

#84165, "Awww"
In response to Reply #2

Very very well played character, and a well played thief too. Durble had all kinds of aspirations and plans to work with you at hero, its a bummer it didnt stretch out longer. (Even though it was a good hefty stretch) Well damn, now who the hell do I got to brag to about my steals!

Liethkim (Guest)Wed 05-Aug-09 12:02 PM

#84167, "RE: Bivnad out..."
In response to Reply #2

The number of swords you stole from me boggles the mind. Yeesh... The worst part about it is that I had no chance to seal the kill on you solo those times I caught you due to acrobatics and my choice of weapons. Frankly, I was amazed to see you die so often as you did. Major props for sticking it out there through to con death, even though you were quite safe from a good deal of your enemies via hide.

GLWYN!

Zutod (Guest)Wed 05-Aug-09 02:16 PM

#84180, "You talk about Quas being slippery"
In response to Reply #2

You where the one person I could never keep around long enough to die. Duergar thief vs. storm warrior in a bash contest is no contest, however it never worked with you. (stupid acrobatics mutters) I tried to cranial you once outside Galadon and that was about as close as I came, after that you just stole my bags and such off me. You never really spoke to me or interacted with me so I just thought of you as a thief who was just to slippery to kill so I stopped even trying to find you. Well done on Advisor and the long life

GLWYN

MergullaWed 05-Aug-09 02:54 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2009
51 posts
#84186, "Messy, Messy, Messy..."
In response to Reply #2

I had a surprising amount of fun interacting with you. It's interesting the things to toss out there and seeing what someone decides to run with and what not. The way you coughed out blood at me every time we talked made me chuckle.

From a purely IC perspective, I did think your note was the best actually, and I was surprised. I thought it was pretty funny giving you leadership with 1 death left. I'm glad you had fun with everything, sad that you thought Enlilth was cooler, and wish you good luck on your next.

EnlilthWed 05-Aug-09 03:18 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2008
187 posts
#84189, "RE: Messy, Messy, Messy..."
In response to Reply #36

If you hadn't leadered him with 1 death left, I'd never have tatted him with 2 deaths left! Which if Daevryn hadn't given him a con the day before none of it would have happened.

I watched me a good bit of Messy, and he became a topic of choice between Mergsie and myself. Here's a guy I saw was sphere greed and thought maybe I should throw out the quick interaction and see what he did with it. Like Merg, I was quite surprised at how you responded, then I read the role, and decided I could handle some more interaction with Messy. You were always up to the challenge and I found the character fairly entertaining.

All in all, a great char that probably woulda been hella better off outside of scion, but then that just wouldn't have been what he was angling at. Best of luck with the next, I can only hope it turns out as well for you as messy did.

-- Try an Enlilth follower today! Enlilth, now with 40% more chewey caramel in every bite. --

Nacklewig (Guest)Wed 05-Aug-09 03:40 PM

#84196, "Blarg!"
In response to Reply #2

You know, I really dug Messervy. Playing the uber lazy gnome that sat around and really didn't do much of anything except eat and play around in the kitchen got a lot boring at times and you certainly broke the monotony. Towards the end, everytime I logged on, I'd just hope that you were going to be on as well, because I knew we'd always have fun. Regardless as to if it was crazy adventures or just sitting around talking in the Inn, I knew it would be a blast. Thanks for being that cool cat that I looked forward to hanging out with! The feelings are definitely mutual.

Nac!

Satoshi (Guest)Sat 08-Aug-09 12:43 AM

#84388, "RE: Bivnad out..."
In response to Reply #2

Great character. what can I say you played your thief well and was always in some action. GLWYN

Quird (Guest)Mon 10-Aug-09 08:53 AM

#84491, "Jees, con-loss? Really?"
In response to Reply #2

That's a surprise as thieves are normally quite conservative builds. How on earth did you manage con-loss?!?!

And yeah, the hunt is most vicious towards thieves. It strips their biggest protection - hide - and takes full advantage of their poor melee defenses. Twice now I've called it on jedidiah and he's been dead before I even got there. But you seemed to get wise and learned how best to evade the hunt later on. *fistshake* Well played, see you in the fields again soon.

DaevrynMon 10-Aug-09 10:09 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#84495, "RE: Bivnad out..."
In response to Reply #2

> I was
>on my final death and playing it safe awaiting a chancellor to
>be appointed. Thaltran and I were checking out some thief
>skills in the Palace, and low and behold I notice you
>imperials gathering in Seantryn. Thaltran noticed you, and I
>commented I couldn’t get lucky enough for you to try to
>approach me inside the gates. Like a gift from the gods, you
>two walked right in, invitations in hand. After I stole them,
>I get a tell for an Immortal. Something to the affects of
>“That was not only entertaining, but bold also.” Then I felt
>a boon in my vitality from the Lord of Ambition. Thanks for
>playing your part.

It's probably obvious, but this is me.

I mean, yeah, Empire's not really supposed to attack you in that situation, but a lot of the times I've personally been in a situation like that, they sure have. (Not with any of these particular Empire folks.)

I just thought it was cool that you still charged (in your way) a group of people that, had any of them chosen to, would have easily con-deathed you, seeing as you had one death left.

Edika (Guest)Mon 03-Aug-09 10:26 PM

#84044, "[SCION] Messervy Bivnad the Hand of the Unseen, Advisor..."
In response to Reply #0

I surely will miss you. It was always fun talking to you and getting your "Gold Drink". I would miss you telling me you coming over to get drunk.

Thank you for all the gifts I got from you. Awesome RP. Fun to hang around with.

GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84043 Previous topic | Next topic