Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Bogrel Bugglebrim the Panicked Pusher..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #83802
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 30-Jul-09 08:48 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83802, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Bogrel Bugglebrim the Panicked Pusher of Balance, Bound for Yesteryear"

Thu Jul 30 20:44:57 2009

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Bogrel perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:119

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Looking for specifics from Twist, N b M (Guest), 01-Aug-09 09:46 PM, #34
Reply I actually like you, so..., Twist, 02-Aug-09 10:33 AM, #35
Reply Your RP confused me..., trewyn, 01-Aug-09 01:57 AM, #32
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Bogrel Bugglebrim the Panicked Pu..., Bogrel (Guest), 31-Jul-09 02:24 PM, #5
Reply no mention of the quas eh?, quas (Guest), 31-Jul-09 02:26 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Bogrel Bugglebrim the Panicked Pu..., Sulye (Guest), 31-Jul-09 02:37 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Bogrel Bugglebrim the Panicked Pu..., N b M (Guest), 31-Jul-09 06:27 PM, #13
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Bogrel Bugglebrim the Panicked Pu..., Sulye (Guest), 31-Jul-09 06:43 PM, #17
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Bogrel Bugglebrim the Panicked Pu..., Daevryn, 31-Jul-09 02:42 PM, #8
Reply Heh, N b M (Guest), 31-Jul-09 06:29 PM, #14
Reply haha. knew bogrel was NbM., CraftedD (Guest), 31-Jul-09 07:44 PM, #19
     Reply Please don't make me chime in., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 31-Jul-09 07:58 PM, #20
     Reply I don't really know why you are still allowed to post o..., N b M (Guest), 31-Jul-09 08:19 PM, #22
     Reply Noodles and Co. FTW!~, Guilo1 (Guest), 31-Jul-09 10:08 PM, #23
          Reply What does my employment have to do with, CraftedD (Guest), 31-Jul-09 10:16 PM, #24
               Reply Just pointing out., Guilo1 (Guest), 31-Jul-09 10:23 PM, #25
                    Reply Quite a bit younger than 25. ntnt, CraftedD (Guest), 31-Jul-09 10:25 PM, #26
                    Reply You know, this part cracks me up..., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 31-Jul-09 11:43 PM, #27
                         Reply Make a character that actually does something., Guilo1 (Guest), 01-Aug-09 12:45 AM, #28
                              Reply You're getting off topic. Its Permas and Hippocrates nt..., CraftedD (Guest), 01-Aug-09 12:51 AM, #29
                              Reply Ok guys... this is Bogrel's thread., Daevryn, 01-Aug-09 01:01 AM, #30
                              Reply You have ONE good character in the history of ever!, TMNS_lazy (Guest), 01-Aug-09 01:18 AM, #31
Reply I liked this character, Baerinika, 31-Jul-09 03:03 PM, #9
Reply RE: I liked this character, N b M (Guest), 31-Jul-09 06:35 PM, #15
     Reply RE: I liked this character, Isildur, 31-Jul-09 07:40 PM, #18
Reply Fantastic., Rureuht (Guest), 31-Jul-09 03:18 PM, #10
Reply Thanks!, N b M (Guest), 31-Jul-09 06:38 PM, #16
Reply The fastest svirf I've ever met., Ixy (Guest), 31-Jul-09 03:19 PM, #11
Reply You Made me Laugh n/t, Adeglicfh (Guest), 31-Jul-09 06:16 PM, #12
Reply You were hilarious, Quird (Guest), 01-Aug-09 10:20 AM, #33
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Bogrel Bugglebrim the Panicked Pu..., Bartis (Guest), 02-Aug-09 11:01 AM, #36
Reply I understand your POV from your Delalken posts., Malakhi (Guest), 03-Aug-09 12:40 PM, #37
Reply This week just keeps getting worse. You'll be missed. (..., Rhyaldrin (Guest), 30-Jul-09 11:19 PM, #4
Reply *sigh* Everyone is leaving me., Kyaltaru (Guest), 30-Jul-09 10:16 PM, #3
Reply rofl nt, CraftedD (Guest), 31-Jul-09 08:08 PM, #21
Reply This makes me a sad dwarf, Ghrummin (Guest), 30-Jul-09 09:38 PM, #2
Reply Why? You knew your stuff and liked the quirkiness in y..., Sahel (Guest), 30-Jul-09 09:18 PM, #1

N b M (Guest)Sat 01-Aug-09 09:46 PM

#83956, "Looking for specifics from Twist"
In response to Reply #0

I was just curious what you thought of Bogrel and the way he was rp'd/his concept.

After interacting with you once in what I thought was a pretty good session you basically never showed again, though I would be on and pray for a meeting with you while you were messing with other people and you would just blow me off. Did I do something completely wrong, or was it just dislike for the player behind bogrel?

Thanks for any feedback one way or the other, constructive criticism is always a good thing.

TwistSun 02-Aug-09 10:33 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83970, "I actually like you, so..."
In response to Reply #34

...if I *had* known it was you (I didn't), if anything, I'd have been more likely to interact (though I try to keep that out of the picture either way).

The bottom line on Bogrel was, as many other gnome/svirf non-mages have seen, Twist just thought you were a silly little creature that wasn't really worth his time. Quixhint (sp?) was a similar type of char. Similar but at the same time very different in some ways. Both of the chars got very little love beyond a little RP the first time I could catch them because Twist just isn't a fan of non mages (he's not a huge fan of "today's" mages either, but at least they show potential - he misses Master, old school mages, and sees a lot of today's magi as weak (this is not TRUE, per se, but it's how Twist, IC, sees it).

All in all, from what I watched of Bogrel, he was tough, a good Nexun, and I probably should have tossed you a cabal edge or something. My bad for not stepping up, sorry.

But again, I do like the player behind the char, and I think most of your chars (the ones I know about) are solid and goo for the game.

>I was just curious what you thought of Bogrel and the way he
>was rp'd/his concept.
>
>After interacting with you once in what I thought was a pretty
>good session you basically never showed again, though I would
>be on and pray for a meeting with you while you were messing
>with other people and you would just blow me off. Did I do
>something completely wrong, or was it just dislike for the
>player behind bogrel?
>
>Thanks for any feedback one way or the other, constructive
>criticism is always a good thing.

trewynSat 01-Aug-09 01:57 AM
Member since 04th Jan 2005
269 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83920, "Your RP confused me..."
In response to Reply #0

But I still found it humorous. I most definitely didn't catch the "scared of everything" bit. I thought it was just some cooky svirf stuff. But once you got those proper druid killing daggers, it became interesting to fight you. It seemed like a coincidence that every time you picked a fight with me, I was either fighting someone/something else or you had a sanctuary. Which isn't a bad thing, so don't take what Mergen said the wrong way. Mergen was a Yean druid and those actions were signs of pure weakness. I like Nexus. If EVERYONE hates you and those that don't respect/fear you, then you are doing a pretty good job.

Bogrel (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 02:24 PM

#83858, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Bogrel Bugglebrim the Panicked Pu..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, another combo that didn't really work and I thought I did ok-ish with. Let me tell you though, the roleplay was truly fun when people got it, and horrible when people didn't. There were a few that went extremely OOC on me and it just kind of killed the flavor. Other then those few though I enjoyed every single person I interacted with!

Twist - You really really didn't like me, at all, sorry.

Kyaltaru - A badass, you seem to really really know your #### and whenever you or Calbaseeti were around I new we were going to get into trouble somehow! You also seemed to like to mess with Bogrel.

Calb - Echo'ed above!

Ghrummin, Bartis - Awe inspiring villagers, really enjoyed the interactions and sorry if I came at you with Calb in tow, there was absolutely 100% no way I could Ever Ever Ever take either of you alone, and with her with me it was still really close most of the time.

Man, I took today off work and am still hung over from last night, have another character on the come up, a combo that Actually sounds tough from the get go!

Chris
NbM

quas (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 02:26 PM

#83859, "no mention of the quas eh?"
In response to Reply #5

that time you came out with haste truly caught me by surprise. you did a lot more then I expected considering how bad the specs you choose pair up on svirfs.

Sulye (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 02:37 PM

#83861, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Bogrel Bugglebrim the Panicked Pu..."
In response to Reply #5

Hope you don't consider me one of the ones that went OOC. My point in saying what I said was that I (Sulye) thought Bogrel's whole fearful thing was a "cover" in that you were clearly competent and dangerous. Was meant to be an IC observation.

N b M (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 06:27 PM

#83881, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Bogrel Bugglebrim the Panicked Pu..."
In response to Reply #7

You were fun to fight with/against and to talk to. The time in the underdark I thought I was done for, somehow managed to scurry out of the wilderness and rest up Just long enough to turn the tide!

Good character.

Sulye (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 06:43 PM

#83886, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Bogrel Bugglebrim the Panicked Pu..."
In response to Reply #13

Yeah, I thought you were done for too. I had you surrounded with deadfall traps after you got snared, and you managed not to trigger them. And I missed the bearcharge. And you landed the eyejab. Woe is me.

DaevrynFri 31-Jul-09 02:42 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#83862, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Bogrel Bugglebrim the Panicked Pu..."
In response to Reply #5

Man, my cabal was tough for a day. A day!

Between you and Calbaseeti deleting this week I'm afraid it's going to come apart quick. Not that there aren't other tough people in the cabal (there definitely are) but Nexus had hit a critical mass there that I haven't seen for a while.

N b M (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 06:29 PM

#83882, "Heh"
In response to Reply #8

You missed a lot then! Nexus has been way tough for a little while, and I truly believe that if Kyaltaru, Calbaseeti and I were all on our game we could of taken down any cabal with multiple defenders to fight.

It sucks that the day I decided to delete seemed like the day you got kind of involved with the cabal again, little things like that are what bring cf alive for me personally, and thank you!

CraftedD (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 07:44 PM

#83890, "haha. knew bogrel was NbM."
In response to Reply #8

Want to know how? Because its obvious who is teammate is that likes to accuse others of playing with their friends. Hypocricy? Yes. #### you NbM. Lets do a run on all your deletions and where your friend was behind you in all those cabals?

How many ROTD trips do you get vs me? Likely none though you do no different than me in enjoying to play with friends and try new combos.

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 07:58 PM

#83892, "Please don't make me chime in."
In response to Reply #19

Please?

Just stop it now, before you both get butt hurt.

N b M (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 08:19 PM

#83896, "I don't really know why you are still allowed to post o..."
In response to Reply #19

It's pure negativity all the time.

Maybe you should get your ass in school or try to do something positive to further your life, then you would cheer up more as a person.

Good luck

Guilo1 (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 10:08 PM

#83903, "Noodles and Co. FTW!~"
In response to Reply #19

nt

CraftedD (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 10:16 PM

#83904, "What does my employment have to do with"
In response to Reply #23

Your guys' accusations of perma/cheating/whatever else.

And the hypocrisy behind it?

Guilo1 (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 10:23 PM

#83905, "Just pointing out."
In response to Reply #24

That I could give a care less what a 25 year old loser thinks of me that works at noodles and co. and comes home and muds until he goes to bed. Especially when he's retarded wrong and making #### up. Just drop it fag.

CraftedD (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 10:25 PM

#83906, "Quite a bit younger than 25. ntnt"
In response to Reply #25

ntnt

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 11:43 PM

#83908, "You know, this part cracks me up..."
In response to Reply #25

>Especially when he's retarded wrong and making #### up.<

ROFL. That's the pot calling the kettle black if I ever saw it.

Guilo1 (Guest)Sat 01-Aug-09 12:45 AM

#83912, "Make a character that actually does something."
In response to Reply #27

Before you start talking ####. You non stop post like you are king of CF or something, and you have yet to even come up with something productive, let alone tough.

Post like you play, until you get better buddy.

CraftedD (Guest)Sat 01-Aug-09 12:51 AM

#83913, "You're getting off topic. Its Permas and Hippocrates nt..."
In response to Reply #28

ntnt

DaevrynSat 01-Aug-09 01:01 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#83915, "Ok guys... this is Bogrel's thread."
In response to Reply #29

Let's kill this side argument, okay?

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Sat 01-Aug-09 01:18 AM

#83918, "You have ONE good character in the history of ever!"
In response to Reply #28

And what's funny, is your nutrode Crafted to get where you were.

Go back to pretending you and Valg are best friends.

BaerinikaFri 31-Jul-09 03:03 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
#83864, "I liked this character"
In response to Reply #5

You were a formidable presence in Nexus, and I liked the stuttering RP. Don't take Twist to heart, he's been pretty vocal about not liking things that don't have magic. I'd been pondering a reward for general coolness but hadn't come up with anything solid yet and I was sad when you deleted.

What did you think of Nexus cabal powers?

N b M (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 06:35 PM

#83883, "RE: I liked this character"
In response to Reply #9

Thanks!

Nexus cabal powers aren't as terrible as people say, Vanguard is really great if the circumstances are met and Eye is just a quality utility power that I am missing already. (P.S. Eye would take away a svirf's natural detect invis whenever it was used and then when it dropped would not give it back)

I really wasn't all that impressed with the bond, gaining a few spells through it is nice but I could gain the same spells if a transmuter was around, and it really seemed like something was lacking from it. The few times a bondmate saved me by recalling themselves was great but at the same time the few times that saved my foe was frustrating.

All in all an interesting cabal, and people (I was one of them for sure) don't give it enough credit. You systematically alienate all and every possible ally on the mud by doing good in your cabal and that can be frustrating when people go off the deep end at you for just doing what the cabal was designed to do.

Much like a Battle Berserker I recommend everyone play a nexan at Least once to see for themselves what it's like.

IsildurFri 31-Jul-09 07:40 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#83889, "RE: I liked this character"
In response to Reply #15

I would like it if there were some way for non-Nexus people to tell what the balance was without continually having to ask Nexus guys.

Personally, I would hate Nexus less if they were a "known quantity" and I could essentially treat them like they treat me. That is to say if they're gunning for me I'll gun for them, otherwise I'll leave them alone.

Now it's like you either go after them all the time, even when they're not really trying to kill you, or you go for them none of the time, which means part of the time they're trying to kill you and you're not returning the favor.

Rureuht (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 03:18 PM

#83865, "Fantastic."
In response to Reply #5

I thoroughly enjoyed your character. Dying to you in High Lord's Keep was so disheartening that I never got back on the horse. Why oh why did I not regather a staff of return?

Similar to what Sulye said, I did point out how fierce Bogrel was and that it didn't make sense to be so paranoid.

Great job.

N b M (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 06:38 PM

#83885, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #10

The highlords incident... I saw you Maltrakis and was completely preped and ready for you to ambush me.

And even with all that, and my ranks on you, it was still a relatively close fight!

You seemed to have your stuff together and know the pk aspect of the gave very well, my hats off to you.

Good Character!

Ixy (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 03:19 PM

#83866, "The fastest svirf I've ever met."
In response to Reply #5

Way to win the race, Boggy!

You'll be missed. We never did get to bond.

Adeglicfh (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 06:16 PM

#83880, "You Made me Laugh n/t"
In response to Reply #5

n/t

Quird (Guest)Sat 01-Aug-09 10:20 AM

#83925, "You were hilarious"
In response to Reply #5

Enjoyed both fighting you and being around you for a bit there, thanks for showing me some new things. This character has been a blast thanks to people like yourself. Enjoy the next one, Bogtroll.

Bartis (Guest)Sun 02-Aug-09 11:01 AM

#83972, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Bogrel Bugglebrim the Panicked Pu..."
In response to Reply #5

I thought you did very well. Nexuns are a cabal that is kind of built to fight in group with bonding etc., so I didn't mind too much. You were actually pretty tough in my opinion. I always would forget you used daggers and get hamstrung by you. There were a few times where I ran out of moves outside of the Island. You might have even gotten me in one such situation. Great job and GLWYN.

Malakhi (Guest)Mon 03-Aug-09 12:40 PM

#84015, "I understand your POV from your Delalken posts."
In response to Reply #5

But I happen to think mine is better. And I know mine is supported by the tapestry.

But ignoring the tapestry, I think it's pretty disingenuous for you to complain about a "gang" from two powerless ragers trying to set up a retrieval against 5+ logged-in Nexuns (including a bard and a healer) - and while you had sanctuary/bard-songs. Whatever flaws Delalken had, I think he showed more guts during that session than the vast majority of the playerbase. I can post the logged session at some point if you want at some point, but I'm way behind in posting logs.

Anyway, sorry we rubbed each other the wrong way with this one. Good luck with your next!

Rhyaldrin (Guest)Thu 30-Jul-09 11:19 PM

#83818, "This week just keeps getting worse. You'll be missed. (..."
In response to Reply #0

ntntntnt

Kyaltaru (Guest)Thu 30-Jul-09 10:16 PM

#83813, "*sigh* Everyone is leaving me."
In response to Reply #0

I had never expected when I rolled Nexus that I was going to come across someone as well RP'd as you. You were freaking amazing. I really hope I get to read your role, but it was really great figuring it out. That one time was so funny, I said something about a dragon and you're like "A REALLY REAL LIFE DRAGON!?" "Bogrel yells "EVERYONE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!" and then you ran away and I didn't see you again for like 10 minutes lol.

The best part about it was that you were by far the best pk'er the Island had as far as I could tell. You always had sound tactics, knew when to roll out, and was ready to throw down.

We had some great times man, I hope you bounce back with another character, CF badly needs the people like you that RP like you do.

CraftedD (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 08:08 PM

#83893, "rofl nt"
In response to Reply #3

nt

Ghrummin (Guest)Thu 30-Jul-09 09:38 PM

#83810, "This makes me a sad dwarf"
In response to Reply #0

Sorry I wasn't around to hear your quick chirps nowadays. Been a tad busy with real life stuff.

I really liked Bogrel. Quite interesting and an all around fun character to interact with. You should definitely get your pbf so I can read the roles!

Sahel (Guest)Thu 30-Jul-09 09:18 PM

#83805, "Why? You knew your stuff and liked the quirkiness in y..."
In response to Reply #0

My newbieness prolly got you killed once, mebbi twice. Sorry about that. Hope you had as much fun as I did when we rolled together. I liked your RP and your area knowlegde seemed awesome.

GLWYN. A nexus healer perhaps?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #83802 Previous topic | Next topic