Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Keaghiji Togusara the Dai Sensei..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #83798
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 30-Jul-09 08:24 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83798, "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Keaghiji Togusara the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Elite Imperial Shadow"

Thu Jul 30 20:23:50 2009

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Keaghiji perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:150

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Keaghiji Togusara the Dai Se..., Dargin (Guest), 31-Jul-09 01:07 AM, #7
Reply All I can really say is..., Cadothu, 01-Aug-09 08:05 PM, #17
Reply Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player., Cadothu, 30-Jul-09 08:52 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player., Isildur, 30-Jul-09 09:21 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player., Aarn, 30-Jul-09 10:45 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player., Isildur, 30-Jul-09 11:18 PM, #6
     Reply I used to like pole specs, incognito, 31-Jul-09 01:49 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player., Cadothu, 31-Jul-09 04:37 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player., Daevryn, 30-Jul-09 09:29 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player., Cadothu, 31-Jul-09 04:32 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player., Tarleton (Guest), 30-Jul-09 10:25 PM, #4
     Reply You know..., Arrna (Guest), 31-Jul-09 02:36 AM, #9
     Reply RE: You know..., Cadothu, 31-Jul-09 04:16 PM, #12
          Reply When I die you'll see why you had so big problems with ..., Arrna (Guest), 02-Aug-09 02:34 AM, #18
     Reply Huh, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 31-Jul-09 06:11 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Huh, Cadothu, 31-Jul-09 04:18 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player., E (Guest), 31-Jul-09 08:14 AM, #11
          Reply RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player., Cadothu, 31-Jul-09 04:28 PM, #14

Dargin (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 01:07 AM

#83822, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Keaghiji Togusara the Dai Se..."
In response to Reply #0

You were a newbie in PK but at least you had balls to come and fight. GLWYN.

CadothuSat 01-Aug-09 08:05 PM
Member since 01st Jul 2004
158 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83953, "All I can really say is..."
In response to Reply #7

...that Transmuters can be very deadly on their own. Gank less.

CadothuThu 30-Jul-09 08:52 PM
158 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83803, "Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player."
In response to Reply #0

This was a HUGE learning experience for me, and I've learned that I love the assassin class, even though I gunned straight for hero and didn't sit at that sweet level 36 spot mastering assassinate.

Aside from Dasulkai, this was my first character that I really tried to get out there and PK with, and I've learned that hero PK range just isn't a whole lot of fun for me right now. It's like I'm in elementary school and trying to hang with all the highschoolers. I'm a lazy bitch when it comes to prepping, so most of my fights later on only consisted of stoneskin, prot v good (when I had it), martial trance, and maybe fly/reduce while it lasted. I had ONE shield potion once, and I got it from a corpse, not from its original location, so I had no idea where to regather it. I still ate an ERAD deathblow from Ghrummin through it, that hurt.

As much as I want to just run back to Herald and inn-sit, I think I'm going to try another PK-focused character out. Though, this time with a role and an Immortal religion to follow. I'll tell you, its super hard to get those sweet, sweet edges when you don't have an Immortal to follow and you can't get the Imms attention because you just die in most PK scenarios.

GOODBYES!

I don't have a lot, and I'm going to be sorta brutal.

EMPIRE

####, I love Imperial RP so much. I used to hate the cabal because you guys always used to harass my Heralds previously, but the cabal is super fun when I actually tried it out for myself.

Jesmirov: I don't know what your problem is, maybe its your RP, but you're one elitest ####er. If I had made Shadow Lord, I would have been hoping and praying for you to #### up so I could anath your ass.

Tanpolhin: Pre-grats on Shadow Lord, as much as I wanted it, you probably deserve it a lot more.

Tarleton: I was honestly going to vote for you as I think you'd be the scariest Emperor around. Ithe would have been unkillable perhaps, but far from feared. I'm sure its just your intuition telling you not to vote for me, even though you said you would, but embarrassing me in front of Enlilth last night like that, just left a sour taste in my mouth and I've been wanting to delete ever since. The ONLY hesitation in my mind about voting for you for the Throne was that you hardly ever play prime-time, mostly just nights way later than I can stay up due to work.

Gzurweeg: Sorry bro, but if you got the throne, Ahtieli would have made Dread Lord and then just been one step away again. Aside from that, thanks for always been a good guy to chat with and lift my spirits when I got owned repeatedly. Shh, I won't say anything though, and everyone reading this can ignore this

Ahtieli: Scary ####er, just gank and full loot less, please. And that business about not being able to get phylacs, I call BS. You're a Lich! Sadly, without the Emperor spot, I see you taking even less chances. Oh well.

Shadows: I tried to promote some of you guys when I could and sometimes it just wouldn't let me, thanks for sticking it out and being cool ass dudes and dudettes.

FORTRESS

You guys rocked, I know you have a lot of numbers and man did I eat some pretty unfair deaths by you guys, you almost always left my ####. Props to you guys.

Arrna: drop your god damned lance more often, is that thing like only 5 lbs? I know you've got base 24str, and probably a lot of str gear, but holy ####. Fighting you wasn't a whole lot of fun because I couldn't really do anything to you. I managed to get it out of your hands ONCE (today) thanks to crescent kick, but my dumbass forgot to blind you first, haha.

Lornkanamas: I don't really know what to say to you. I hated your guts from the time you followed around Philix spamming heals while he spammed co wrath on me at lvl 28, to the many times you gated in to save the day, whether it be at the Maran, or elsewhere. Can't really argue with you though, I'd probably do the same #### in your shoes. Healers are such a bitch to deal with, I couldn't kill you if I wanted to, I don't think. Failed assassinate after assassinate and just gave up after awhile.

Liethkim: Giant flurries are brutal. Keep on trucking, thanks for not being a drive-lag-fag

Zutod: Die in a fire! You got me a few times when I least expected it. Spamming "bash 1." in a spot you knew I'd step out at, or that time you walked in on me in South Dairein fighting the watchmen and bashed me down. Brutal man, brutal.

Dargin: Neuro blows, you almost had me a few times. Walk around with a bash-spec warrior some more though and you're sure to get some more kills.

OUTLANDER

Die in a fire, all of you. Sulye, you're cool, except for that time you unspeak'd me at the Fort, shame on you!

TRIBS

Jedidiah: I couldn't help but think of Jebediah from Simpsons anytime I saw your name. Keep on trucking homie.

NEXUS

Kyaltaru: Sorry for trying to gang you that one time, I hated rolling deep and liked to fight solo for the most part, but sometimes you just can't say no to Empire if they're on the council (Ithe). I hated you for having that anti-tigerclaw edge, so I pretty much just avoided you at all times.

BATTLE

Delalken: You whine more than I do, holy #### son.

Ghrummin: I hated you for the most part because I didn't know #### all about battle and expected parity, clearly I was wrong in the situations we fought.

Quas: I would have had you if it wasn't for Tangni's gay little flyto;murder happy ass. You're a tough ####er and I think you killed Dasulkai a few times when you were level sitting at 30. Keep on trucking though man, I'm rooting for you as one of my favorite villagers. You shoulda been at the Rites

Revilyn: I hate fighting other people who have det hidden, so I avoided you as much as I could, but we still fought a few times to no real results. Hard to really kick your ass when you don't use weapons and I can't make you drop em!

To everyone else, reply with flames, compliments, constructive criticism, I don't care. I'll try to keep my comments positive!

One of the many Tupac songs that I had bumping while playing. Keep it real, fellas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjbBkjhqQio

IsildurThu 30-Jul-09 09:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83806, "RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player."
In response to Reply #1

>most of my fights later on only consisted of stoneskin, prot v
>good (when I had it), martial trance, and maybe fly/reduce

Generally speaking that should be enough to win most fights. Or at least make the other guy flee.

>idea where to regather it. I still ate an ERAD deathblow from
>Ghrummin through it, that hurt.

Ghrummin is one exception to the rule. Not only do you not get the benefit of protection vs. good, he also wields weapons that you don't parry well. And he gets deathblows and thirst. And a bajillion hp.

He's one of those guys you just assassinate or try to pick off when he's already wounded (and preferably in battle fatigue).

AarnThu 30-Jul-09 10:45 PM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
#83815, "RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player."
In response to Reply #2

Yeah, a major part of playing a hidey-class, is learning that some matchups will simply never go your way. Perfect example is assassin v axe/mace/flail/pole spec warriors. That goes double if they're Battle berserkers. Pick fights with such matchups only with extreme caution.

If you want to play the melee type that charges in to any enemy you see, go with warrior. Otherwise you're just wasting your hide/sneak ability.

Glad you're branching out! I'm trying to as well. It's too easy to get comfortable and stagnate.

Aarn

IsildurThu 30-Jul-09 11:18 PM
5969 posts
#83817, "RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player."
In response to Reply #5

You can go too far with this though. Preps and martial trance go a long way toward making you unstoppable by most non-rager warriors (certain exceptions apply). Then again, most warriors get the heck out of dodge once you drop one of their weapons.

incognitoFri 31-Jul-09 01:49 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83825, "I used to like pole specs"
In response to Reply #5

Kotegaeshi with a crunch turned it around often enough. Unless they immediately crushing blow. That was always an unpleasant reward.

CadothuFri 31-Jul-09 04:37 PM
158 posts
#83875, "RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player."
In response to Reply #2

>Generally speaking that should be enough to win most fights.
>Or at least make the other guy flee.

Maybe not some of the people I ended up fighting. Ghrummin wasn't the only one that I'd be kinda ####ed going up against. While others might not have deathblow and thirst, they still have other perks that I was rolling without (skill , tattoo, edges).

>He's one of those guys you just assassinate or try to pick off
>when he's already wounded (and preferably in battle fatigue).

Everyone says to do this but after failing assassinate so many times at hero range, I just sorta got discouraged and gave up, swearing off any chance of success. I hear horror stories of people having to get like 10-15 stalks and then only pulling off the assassinate if they're resting/sleeping... I'm just like "How the hell am I going to do this when I only ever find heroes resting/sleeping behind their outer guardian?" I honestly should have sat at 36 working on it til it was 80-85% so I could have a better chance at hero with fewer stalks.

Won't really get into much more suffice to say that I suck at that aspect of the class, so that was just one more thing gimping me.

DaevrynThu 30-Jul-09 09:29 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#83807, "RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player."
In response to Reply #1

>As much as I want to just run back to Herald and inn-sit, I
>think I'm going to try another PK-focused character out.

I really encourage that.

Next time around, take more time levelling and get into more fights early, too! Seriously, for most people I think it's a lot easier to learn a class dealing with just a bit of your arsenal and a bit of other people's arsenals, and then gradually add a bit more, and a bit more, and a bit more, etc.

CadothuFri 31-Jul-09 04:32 PM
158 posts
#83874, "RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player."
In response to Reply #3

For the most part, I completely agree, but some classes just absolutely get run over until they reach a certain level, by at least like 90% of their PK range. Some mages and other low hp classes come to mind.

That isn't to say that I couldn't just gear for hit/hp and do fairly well in the teens and twenties with an assassin though, if I actually tried instead of leveling on up to hero again, hehe.

Tarleton (Guest)Thu 30-Jul-09 10:25 PM

#83814, "RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player."
In response to Reply #1

Sorry about the sour taste. Even though it isn't truly in my nature, sometimes, Imperials need to be jerks. While I as a player liked you, there were some IC things going on that led Tarleton to do what he did. Hate to be vague, but that's all there is to it.

Arrna (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 02:36 AM

#83826, "You know..."
In response to Reply #1

... I felt really sorry for you. You seemed new at PK and yet you know what to do in the basics. This explains it.

Anyways, Arrna is a VERY bad matchup to you for several reasons.
I strongly suggest you do that, make another PK-char. I'd suggest a warrior perhaps? They're nice to PK with.

CadothuFri 31-Jul-09 04:16 PM
158 posts
#83871, "RE: You know..."
In response to Reply #9

I know this is kinda long, but if you don't read anything else, just want to say that I liked you for the most part, you never really ganged me down like the rest of the Fort did at times. I realize you guys aren't the Ehren Guard from way back when, but I was a lone assassin who had proven previously that I suck, the numbers got old quick and I appreciate you for rolling solo.

I really wasn't sure what to do against you when I couldn't drop your lance. Probably a blindness dust and crescent kick sooner than our last fight maybe? STR loss didn't seem to be the way to go.

As for feeling bad for me, don't. I threw myself at you trying to figure out a way to win toe-to-toe. When I started prepping more, you didn't completely destroy me anymore, but you still ended up winning in the end. I figured a con or two on a throwaway character would be worth learning how to take you down.

I'm sorta torn on the warrior thing, because I LOVE having detect hidden and detect invis all the time. Hiding is nice too, but I could do without that if I had the previous two. I just hate not knowing what's coming for me. On the other hand, I'd love to drop bash;bash;flurry as a giant warrior too, because that seemed to pretty much roll me before I could drop weaps, especially if there was anyone else helping them out (re: Zutod+Dargin).

With as much as I'd like to just go back to Inn-Sitting and roleplay some gnome Herald where I'd feel comfortable and could boost my confidence a bit, I've already got something new down on paper and going to give it a shot. And it won't be a Herald, woot! Wish Fort wasn't so stacked during my playtimes, or I'd join you guys. Wouldn't have to worry so much about you all stabbing me in the back as I have with my last two evils.

Arrna (Guest)Sun 02-Aug-09 02:34 AM

#83963, "When I die you'll see why you had so big problems with ..."
In response to Reply #12

n/t

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 06:11 AM

#83836, "Huh"
In response to Reply #1

>>>Ahtieli: Scary ####er, just gank and full loot less, please.

I have all rights to full loot just anyone in this game as much as I want.. because you know, when I die I will be full looted to, no matter what. And I'm fine with it.

Also, given how much corpses with eq I had access too... I RARELY full loot anyone. I even rarely loot at all.

p.s. If you care about full loots so much, WHY did YOU ask me about some eq pieces of char I've full looted?? While you did nothing to kill him at all.

>>And that business about not being able to get phylacs, I call BS.

I'm not sure wtf you are talking about.

>>Sadly, without the Emperor spot, I see you taking even less chances. Oh well.

I'm not sure wtf you saw if I started playing like 4 days ago after vacation and I saw you online like few times. Plus I'm not only were demoted to oath, I lost a lot of other things too.

CadothuFri 31-Jul-09 04:18 PM
158 posts
#83872, "RE: Huh"
In response to Reply #10

Don't worry about it, I've told you before not to sweat the forums. I just wanted to use my death thread to vent my frustrations.

Yes, I know the anti-hoard code nailed you while you were on vacation too, but you got a lot of the good stuff back fairly quickly.

E (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 08:14 AM

#83840, "RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player."
In response to Reply #1

>Jesmirov: I don't know what your problem is, maybe its your
>RP, but you're one elitest ####er. If I had made Shadow Lord,
>I would have been hoping and praying for you to #### up so I
>could anath your ass.

Even as an elite, you don't need much reason to anath someone. I'm just sayin. Watchin you fight made baby jebus cry. Get over the race to hero mentality, go slow, and fight a lot on your way up.

CadothuFri 31-Jul-09 04:28 PM
158 posts
#83873, "RE: Peace, peace from the serial-Herald player."
In response to Reply #11

I never actually tried, but I didn't think elites could anath, only promote/demot those within their sect. The exception to this was the Divine sect who could promote/demote other sects, even if they weren't on the council.

That aside, I didn't want to #### over Jesmirov just because I didn't like him, if I was going to anath him, I wanted it to be for a reason.

As for watching me fight, you don't gotta be a #### about it. Not everyone is Kostyan, especially not every Herald player. When was the last time you saw a Herald with a lot of PK skill go flex nuts and everyone starts showing up with this on their PBF...

PK Deaths by Cabal
VS. Herald >= 1

Didn't think so.

I will take your advice on the race to hero thing. I just need to learn to tell people No when they ask to rank, I usually see some new skill that I don't have yet and I'm like "I'll just get 1-2 levels to get that skill and then stop." and then you end up hitting gold with Ithe healing your group making 1400-1600exp a pop and fly up to 45.

I'm willing to bet if I liked ganking people that I might have had more than only 2-3 PK wins! As it is though, I hate it, too much #### going on when I'm still struggling to learn what to do 1v1.

I do have to ask though, is amazing PK skill and mastered assassinate a pre-req for getting the Shadow Lord spot? It sorta seemed like you just didn't like my character because I sucked at PK, even though I thought I did well as an Imperial, retrieving when I could, oathing, promoting Shadows, etc.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #83798 Previous topic | Next topic