Subject: "Deleted: A couple chars I been playing, due to lack or ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #83788
Show all folders

Sorid (Guest)Thu 30-Jul-09 03:17 PM

#83788, "Deleted: A couple chars I been playing, due to lack or Immortal involvement."

Then I see people who are horrid rpers and do douchebag things in their cabal get lastnamed. I am so frigin angry that I can't get any responce from imms any more. Is there a flag on my chars that say. SORID_?

So what If I delete my chars pre 200 hours.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Deleted: A couple chars I been playing, due to lack..., wareagle, 30-Jul-09 06:38 PM, #3
Reply My main issue is, incognito, 31-Jul-09 01:42 AM, #4
     Reply Not sure how many players are in this category., wareagle, 31-Jul-09 08:50 PM, #6
Reply Your rant-fu needs work, Aarn, 30-Jul-09 05:08 PM, #2
Reply Still, Beront (Guest), 31-Jul-09 06:13 AM, #5
Reply I would plot against you, Daevryn, 30-Jul-09 05:04 PM, #1

wareagleThu 30-Jul-09 06:38 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2007
201 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83795, "RE: Deleted: A couple chars I been playing, due to lack..."
In response to Reply #0

Ummm, well, I'll put myself a bit out there. I similarly got frustrated and e-mailed the IMP's. I think Valg/Twist/maybe Nep e-mailed me back and the response will make you feel pretty ####ty.

My point is, sometimes we tend to think "Why aren't they noticing what I'm doing, I did the same thing xxx did, and I'm not being given xxx". Well, as Godly as these guys are, they aren't God.

You have to, at some point in game, get their attention. Then they pay attention to you, then they reward you.

Sometimes, people get lucky and some IMM will just keep rewarding them. If you think long enough, you'll likely remember a character or two of yours that received such perks(I'm not talking something great like third spec, but an example is continual role reward exp).

I had one character who got lastnamed at 20 or something just for having killed like a dozen evil. I had an Imperial that every time, and I mean every time, I added a role chapter, an IMM gave me exp for it just a few days later.

So yeah, generic advice here, play the game for you. It'll make it so much sweeter when you DO GET characters like I talk about getting. You'll be like "Well damn, now I'M THAT GUY that other people will get pissed about".

Just my two cents, as they say.

incognitoFri 31-Jul-09 01:42 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83824, "My main issue is"
In response to Reply #3

Some characters are what I would call an "imm attention whore".

Basically they put on rp for an imm, but are not great (imho) the rest of the time. Not meaning to be nasty, but Lorraine (long deleted now) seemed like this to me.

Basically mediocre rp when we were doing stuff, but if an imm came on the scene, completely over the top rp which had the side effect of minimising the rp of others present. But the imm-driven rp seemed to yield rewards.

I would be far happier if I didn't see people get rewarded for rp where they KNOW an imm is watching unless they consistently rp when they don't know they are being watched. i.e. defer the exp reward.

They still come out net winners because they are at least being watched.

wareagleFri 31-Jul-09 08:50 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2007
201 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83898, "Not sure how many players are in this category."
In response to Reply #4

I acknowledge the point. But for the rest of the playerbase, there are times when everyone has a character that gets IMM-attention out of the blue. What happens is the playerbase looks at this character and says "What did they do at 20 to merit what they got" and they get pissed.

When playing Micrifa, I was like 71-1 when I got pissed that Tanith got marked by Baerinika, considering I didn't think too highly of Tanith. I -think- that was how it went down. Then I got sloppy, died, raged, e-mailed the IMP's a stupid e-mail(which you gotta hand it to them, they replied very constructively given the bs that was mine).

Much time later, I play a goodie warrior named Dhrayve. I get lastnamed at like 20, had I believe two or three role exp increases, even got some random IMM attention(don't rem. exactly what it was).

One day I'm minding my own business, and someone on the newbie channel asks about how they can get lastnamed like I did. Someone else responds, "Level-sit and trip whatever you see".

That guy was probably pissed I got the attention earlier. He/she will likely have a char. at some point just like mine and think "Damn, it's like a lottery."

I'm not sure how many players fit in your category, but I'd imagine it's a small percentage.

AarnThu 30-Jul-09 05:08 PM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83794, "Your rant-fu needs work"
In response to Reply #0

I give it a 1 out of 5.

Beront (Guest)Fri 31-Jul-09 06:13 AM

#83837, "Still"
In response to Reply #2

I don't have no idea how two imms post in the same post in 4 min interval. No no no Aarn. You are not the imm anymore CONSPIRACY!

DaevrynThu 30-Jul-09 05:04 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83793, "I would plot against you"
In response to Reply #0

But I have no idea who you are.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #83788 Previous topic | Next topic