Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Invirda the Student of the Macalla, ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #83678
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 28-Jul-09 03:04 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83678, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Invirda the Student of the Macalla, Imperial Blade"

Tue Jul 28 15:01:00 2009

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Invirda perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:100

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Less complaining, por favor., Daevryn, 28-Jul-09 08:12 PM, #4
Reply Seconded..., Tarleton (Guest), 28-Jul-09 10:12 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Seconded..., Invirda (Guest), 28-Jul-09 10:55 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Seconded..., Daevryn, 28-Jul-09 11:36 PM, #7
               Reply RE: Seconded..., Invirda (Guest), 28-Jul-09 11:54 PM, #8
                    Reply Play a villager or, Beront (Guest), 29-Jul-09 12:19 AM, #9
                    Reply RE: Seconded..., Isildur, 29-Jul-09 12:25 AM, #10
                    Reply FWIW, Daevryn, 29-Jul-09 12:27 AM, #11
                    Reply A little more advice:, Daevryn, 29-Jul-09 12:33 AM, #12
                    Reply RE: FWIW, asylumius, 29-Jul-09 08:19 AM, #16
                         Reply RE: FWIW, Daevryn, 29-Jul-09 09:45 AM, #17
                    Reply I feel you on the preps., Odrirg, 29-Jul-09 12:35 AM, #13
                    Reply Some advice, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 29-Jul-09 02:11 AM, #14
                    Reply I got spoonfed..., Mergen (Guest), 29-Jul-09 05:29 AM, #15
Reply Everytime I saw you I couldn't stop thinking about NVID..., Keaghiji (Guest), 28-Jul-09 06:03 PM, #2
Reply RE: Everytime I saw you I couldn't stop thinking about ..., Isildur, 28-Jul-09 06:11 PM, #3
Reply Dammit! I was REALLY looking forward to fighting you mo..., Arrna (Guest), 28-Jul-09 06:01 PM, #1

DaevrynTue 28-Jul-09 08:12 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83691, "Less complaining, por favor."
In response to Reply #0

The main thing I'll remember about Invirda is that no matter who killed her or what the circumstances, there was always some excuse about the death, some complaint about why it wasn't sportsmanlike, etc. Every time.

CF's tough. Get a helmet. Everyone will respect you more and treat you better.

Tarleton (Guest)Tue 28-Jul-09 10:12 PM

#83702, "Seconded..."
In response to Reply #4

I took the excuses as typical and acceptable Imperial posturing, though, so I wasn't totally annoyed by it. But basically, it's gonna be tough to convince a War Master to reward you with one of the top spots in the sect if you're dying ALL the time -- even if you sometimes manage to take out someone tough, which you did. Every time we were on at the same time, I'd find a at least one corpse of yours on the Eastern Road.

Invirda (Guest)Tue 28-Jul-09 10:55 PM

#83704, "RE: Seconded..."
In response to Reply #5

If it seemed like complaining, sorry but my style of play isn't being a puss. Yeah I die a lot because I don't like to take much time prepping cause it takes to ####ing long. And then only the 'elite' chars know all the spots and I've picked up a few myself but I don't know all the buffs and preps to begin with like resist mental and such like that. But the main reason why I deleted besides being frustrated was that there was only a certain time when the leaders would show up which was between 1-5 am in the morning. And Tarleton, yeah, your fk'n leet and what not but I did some pretty damn good things that you never did see and I swear when you wanted to see me impress you it's like all my magic just drained out. But sorry i'm not an elitist like you deavryn and you tarleton who have time to actually prep and gather preps just for maybe two fights and I enjoy the pk aspect of this game. I'm not a power gamer, I just don't consider myself real good with the whole RP aspect of it because I don't like really trying to impress people which is all You wanted Tarleton. Impress me, impress me impress me, and by impressing me stop dying and gather preps because you know actually fighting for your cause and falling for it without regrets isn't impressive at all. Bah, sometimes things just seem ass backwards. thats why I like the village, It's alright to die for the cause and not be a puss

DaevrynTue 28-Jul-09 11:36 PM
11117 posts
#83706, "RE: Seconded..."
In response to Reply #6

Wow, wall of text.

All I'm saying is, if you somehow had your client prevent you from sending tells for like five minutes after you die, your enemies would think you're a lot cooler. Do what you're doing, win the fights you can, lose the fights you can't. It's all good.

Just don't send tells like this afterwards:

'It's all you druids seem to do.'

'Guess thats the only way you will get me is when I'm weak.'

'Yes, you are computent, nine titles below you and you win.'

'I guess with more people like you the game will just keep dissolving like it is. good job.'

That's four separate deaths, and each of them is the difference between your enemy thinking 'Cool, I manage to beat that guy' and 'Oh, that guy I just killed is a douchebag.'

Going forward, it's up to you.

Invirda (Guest)Tue 28-Jul-09 11:54 PM

#83707, "RE: Seconded..."
In response to Reply #7

The last comment was a bit much yes, the others well, Invirda was arrogant. Trying to make someone feel like they were inferior because they were stuck in a rut and didn't have much talent that they were predictable was the whole idea behind that.

One thing that I guess truthfully sets aside most players is the whole prep system. It's difficult for newer players to figure out without putting in some major hours in or being spoon fed the info which supposedly is illegal ooc info. And it is fairly time consuming. If this wasn't so time consuming and only really for the higher end players it might be more fun for a lot of people in pk. Sometimes I don't have that much time to log on and gather preps that aren't there when I want to go out there and cut someone up who will be utterly prepped to the tooth who knows where haste/stone skin/shield/aura is.
It's just not fun for the one who just likes to put my class against your class or build vs build. but anyways that's just me.

Beront (Guest)Wed 29-Jul-09 12:19 AM

#83711, "Play a villager or"
In response to Reply #8

the empower class.

IsildurWed 29-Jul-09 12:25 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#83712, "RE: Seconded..."
In response to Reply #8

>The last comment was a bit much yes, the others well, Invirda
>was arrogant. Trying to make someone feel like they were
>inferior because they were stuck in a rut and didn't have much
>talent that they were predictable was the whole idea behind
>that.

Yeah, was that all role-play though?

>One thing that I guess truthfully sets aside most players is
>the whole prep system.

You really don't have to worry about haste as a warrior. Or flight really since you're an arial. You can spend a ton of time trying to keep aura and shield on hand at all times, but personally I don't think I'd bother. Shield is much more doable. And stoneskin, and protection. And enlarge and reduce. Resist mental is also fairly doable. People should not be entirely reticent to tell you where these are in game since, really, they're not that big of a secret.

The idea, then, is that you're basically always in gathering/hunting mode. As you're walking around gathering stuff you're also checking areas to see if there are enemies there. Basically killng two birds with one stone.

DaevrynWed 29-Jul-09 12:27 AM
11117 posts
#83713, "FWIW"
In response to Reply #8

I looked at your last ten or so deaths and honestly... your opponents, collectively, used almost no preps. Even the mages. You got killed solo a couple times by mages with none of aura, barrier, or shield, which some people who post here think is impossible.

In one case, you were fighting Outlanders who were trying to get their item back from Tribunal. Those guys had a little DR as you might expect for someone going into that kind of unfavorable situation.

In another case, you fought a Fort guy who had a sanc from someone else in his cabal.

In a couple cases you had a sanc and the guy who killed you had jack or almost nothing (e.g., just stone skin)

I'm not trying to dis you, but I hope that knowing that preps or lack thereof relative to the people you're fighting are not, overall, what's killing you, will help you improve next time around.

DaevrynWed 29-Jul-09 12:33 AM
11117 posts
#83714, "A little more advice:"
In response to Reply #11

If you feel like more prepping would help you compete more favorably, try this for starters:

1) Figure out how to get money. I have no idea offhand if this is an issue for you.

2) Learn the preps available for purchase in the protected cities. This gives you access to protection, fly, reduce, resist mental, stone skin, and some more -- together it amounts everything I can be bothered to get with a warrior and then some, except enlarge.

Honestly, that's enough to compete. If you have that stuff at the ready and get beat, preps are not beating you.

asylumiusWed 29-Jul-09 08:19 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2007
137 posts
#83730, "RE: FWIW"
In response to Reply #11

How can you tell all of this? Does the game actually log all tells after a death and what affects people had, or are you speaking from what you saw through snoops?

DaevrynWed 29-Jul-09 09:45 AM
11117 posts
#83732, "RE: FWIW"
In response to Reply #16

My all-seeing eye knows all!

Also, I watch a lot of fights and their aftermath.

OdrirgWed 29-Jul-09 12:35 AM
Member since 16th Oct 2004
431 posts
#83715, "I feel you on the preps."
In response to Reply #8

Especially, those times when I've had chars that would log on, and be in cabal pks for an hour or two hours, and that was all the time I had...

People in char were always telling me I shouldn't have died there, I should go spend some time gathering preps...

But ...when? I think I went one week where I had a total of 3 minutes logged on where I wasn't expected to be raiding or defending.

I even got in trouble, one login, because I was trying to gather enough coin to heal blind, because one of the raiders always blinded me.

So, I said "frackit".

My advice, play classes that don't need preps to kill.

Arial/cloud ranger can be DEADLY without any preps.

Human/arial/felar assassin can be as well.

Gnome invoker, (I will never play a less than 7 pather) with all their shields usually has enough dam redux to put the hurting on people, without wands. (sure, you need wands to wade into the village and kill three villagers that are defending, but is that REALLY necessary?)

Shamans/paladins are great for having little or no need to prep. (druids too...in the "outside" prep way..but their herbs are preps built into the class...ugh.)

I've also played a necro that only ever used anything other than fly potions, when I looted them from pc's that I killed. and I did ok enough to get provost (though I lost it not to long after....D'oh)

Transmuters and shifters, if you pick your fights, also have little need for preps. Sure, going after that thirsting rager geared to the teeth is stupid without wands, or that healer/bard duo, etc. But you can tactically pick fights without being a wussy.

I'd say a thief, with the right role and build, could be the all time easiest to prep with, as you just have to steal the preps from people who walk by. They bring the preps to you!

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Wed 29-Jul-09 02:11 AM

#83717, "Some advice"
In response to Reply #8

Your deaths are not all prep related.

For example, your death that's on the board of the other forum was you staying too long. You could also have let the council soften the bard up a little first.

Mergen (Guest)Wed 29-Jul-09 05:29 AM

#83722, "I got spoonfed..."
In response to Reply #8

Most of my knowledge of preps was given to me in game by people that thought I would benefit from it. Some of them I found on my own. The rest I discovered purely by following my enemies around. But I also remember when storm, fire, and cloud became race choices and sanc potions were the only prep you really needed. (ca 'tess' goblin, or was it ca 'tess' hobgoblin? Anyone?) I think there should be more shield and aura potions/pills out there. More spots, less in each spot, is what I think. I hog them all when I can and distribute them to my cabal to keep my enemies from having them. Reminds me of playing Halo and hogging all the snipers and rocket launchers. It's a long term strategy.

But with your build, you simply aren't EVER going to beat Mergen without preps or a gang. It's just not going to happen. You should have gotten those really sharp bone daggers, or Bogrel had a glass one that hurts a lot and I think there's a stone one somewhere. (My prep knowledge is vastly superior to my EQ knowledge)

But yeah, complain less. Roll an outlander, get in, kill some folks or impress me with roleplay, then ask Mergen where crap is. I'll happily tell you where a LOT of junk is. I'm so anti-secret it's not even funny (plus it's in my role right now to share knowledge). Either way remember to have fun, otherwise what's the point? Cheers!

Keaghiji (Guest)Tue 28-Jul-09 06:03 PM

#83687, "Everytime I saw you I couldn't stop thinking about NVID..."
In response to Reply #0

...not that it ruined my interactions with you, just thought it was funny.

By the way, after the fight, you managed to put -24 str on me. You would probably have won if half of that was -dex as well.

<260(32%)hp 536m 712mv || wilderness outdoor 1 AM> af
You are affected by:
Skill: 'martial trance' for 21 hours.
Skill: 'heightened awareness' for 10 hours.
Skill: 'detect hidden' for 10 hours.
Spell: 'armor' modifies armor class by -20 for 7 hours.
Skill: 'endure' modifies armor class by -38 for 6 hours.
Skill: 'endure' modifies save vs spell by -19 for 6 hours.
Skill: 'dark vision' for 5 hours.
Skill: 'vital area' modifies strength by -7 for 4 hours.
Skill: 'twist' modifies strength by -5 for 3 hours.
Physical effect: 'hemorrhage' for 3 hours.
Skill: 'hurl' modifies strength by -6 for 3 hours.
Skill: 'artery' modifies strength by -6 for 2 hours.
Physical effect: 'artery hemorrhage' for 2 hours.
Skill: 'martial trance' modifies wisdom by 4 for 2 hours.
Skill: 'bind wounds' for 0 hours.

GLWYN and make sure to take the oath!

IsildurTue 28-Jul-09 06:11 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#83689, "RE: Everytime I saw you I couldn't stop thinking about ..."
In response to Reply #2

I see your nerd reference and raise you one.

His name sort of reminded me of the "Invid" from Macross/Robotech.

Arrna (Guest)Tue 28-Jul-09 06:01 PM

#83686, "Dammit! I was REALLY looking forward to fighting you mo..."
In response to Reply #0

You were quite dangerous to me for some reason. Couldn't really figure out why though, as I've had little troubles with similar builds before. (Even though I killed you with that OP lance of mine.)

A real shame, I'm looking forward to your next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #83678 Previous topic | Next topic