Subject: "(AUTO) [NEXUS] Parvemus Lac'Narik Mur'Neslin the Master..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #83546
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 25-Jul-09 07:48 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83546, "(AUTO) [NEXUS] Parvemus Lac'Narik Mur'Neslin the Master of the Material Realms, Meter of Mind"

Sat Jul 25 19:44:24 2009

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Parvemus perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:46
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:116

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I understand IRL happens., Guilo1 (Guest), 26-Jul-09 03:27 AM, #1
     Reply Every time a leader auto's, a baby seal dies., Deadbabyseal (Guest), 26-Jul-09 10:22 AM, #2
     Reply He would have been demoted/removed..., Cadothu, 26-Jul-09 10:23 AM, #3
     Reply Uh..., Daevryn, 26-Jul-09 10:46 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Uh..., Cadothu, 26-Jul-09 11:21 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Uh..., Daevryn, 26-Jul-09 11:44 AM, #7
          Reply RE: Uh..., Cen__ (Guest), 26-Jul-09 02:39 PM, #8
               Reply RE: Uh..., Cadothu, 26-Jul-09 02:48 PM, #9
                    Reply Immmortal promotion is still required., Theerkla, 26-Jul-09 03:57 PM, #10
                    Reply So maybe you should just stop with the assumptions..., Twist, 26-Jul-09 07:10 PM, #11
                    Reply You just made yourself like such a giant asshole man., Guilo1 (Guest), 26-Jul-09 10:56 PM, #13
                         Reply RE: You just made yourself like such a giant asshole ma..., Cadothu, 26-Jul-09 11:07 PM, #14
          Reply Heh. I loled. nt, Stunna, 26-Jul-09 11:23 AM, #6
     Reply Well.., Parvemus (Guest), 26-Jul-09 09:19 PM, #12

Guilo1 (Guest)Sun 26-Jul-09 03:27 AM

#83559, "I understand IRL happens."
In response to Reply #0

But at least step down next time you have a leader that never inducts people man. That's so annoying.

Deadbabyseal (Guest)Sun 26-Jul-09 10:22 AM

#83574, "Every time a leader auto's, a baby seal dies."
In response to Reply #1

Just saying.

CadothuSun 26-Jul-09 10:23 AM
Member since 01st Jul 2004
158 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83575, "He would have been demoted/removed..."
In response to Reply #1

... if the Nexus IMMs cared about their cabal.

This isn't a cheap shot at Baer, Nep, and Twist, just truth.

Considering we just saw a thread about how Ahtieli was demoted after 14 days and how there are systems in place for some cabals, and others the Imms will take matters into their own hands. None of this took place here.

Baer's got too many Imm personas to deal with.
Nep's too busy coding or playing Devil's Advocate on the forums.
Twist's busy playing mortals.

Now that might have been a cheap shot, but for the most part, I consider what they do to be positive for the game.

DaevrynSun 26-Jul-09 10:38 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83581, "Uh..."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Sun 26-Jul-09 10:46 AM

You know he was replaced a long time ago, right?

I just didn't change his title.

Edited to add more detail:

Parvemus last plays a handful of times on 6/24 and 6/25.

Nexus leadership vote starts 6/27.

Nexus leadership vote ends 6/29 and Cabnil wins Meter, at which point Parvemus lost it.

So there actually wasn't even a full week of no Parvemus before he wasn't leader anymore.

Thanks for assuming we're all inattentive deadbeats, though!

CadothuSun 26-Jul-09 11:21 AM
158 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83584, "RE: Uh..."
In response to Reply #4

Actually I didn't know that he was replaced a long time ago. Cabnil is a transmuter and is duo'd like 99% of the time, so I really didn't know, or maybe my playtimes just don't mesh.

Either way, I had no idea that Nexus had a voting system to take care of their leaders, but that just lends to what I previously said about the IMMs (Baer/Nep/Twist) not caring about their cabal. Aren't leaders typically chosen by IMMs who snoop and feel that the potential leader is worthy of the position?

I hadn't exactly said you were inattentive deadbeats, just that you didn't care about your cabal BECAUSE you were busy with other ####. This post is a little more focused on the "inattentive deadbeats" accusation though, I'd guess.

All we really want is for IMMs to prove us wrong, it gives us confirmation. You've done that, so I'd say we're done here.

DaevrynSun 26-Jul-09 11:44 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#83586, "RE: Uh..."
In response to Reply #5

>Aren't leaders typically chosen by IMMs who
>snoop and feel that the potential leader is worthy of the
>position?

Most are. It's one of the ways in which Nexus is unique!

Cen__ (Guest)Sun 26-Jul-09 02:39 PM

#83591, "RE: Uh..."
In response to Reply #5

There is also a vote for emperor and battle has their rites.

CadothuSun 26-Jul-09 02:48 PM
158 posts
#83592, "RE: Uh..."
In response to Reply #8

Aren't the rites run by IMM(s)? The outcome is determined by proving your worth on the day and ultimately the power is granted by an Immortal, yeah?

Isn't the council chosen by IMM(s)? So the pool of potential Emperors are one of four people that the Imms deemed worthy at some point.

Am I wrong in assuming that once the vote for Meter/Rhyme is through, its just automatically given, WITHOUT a final Imm approving and promoting them?

I'm curious now, because I really don't know how it works.

TheerklaSun 26-Jul-09 03:57 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
#83597, "Immmortal promotion is still required."
In response to Reply #9

It's just that they promote whoever wins the vote, except perhaps in extreme cases.

TwistSun 26-Jul-09 07:09 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#83601, "So maybe you should just stop with the assumptions..."
In response to Reply #9
Edited on Sun 26-Jul-09 07:10 PM

>Aren't the rites run by IMM(s)? The outcome is determined by
>proving your worth on the day and ultimately the power is
>granted by an Immortal, yeah?

This is probably pretty accurate. It still depends on the guy showing up though, on the day/at the time. Selene, for instance, didn't show up for the Rites in which Woldrun was selected, and may have pwned me. Just saying. Ditto Malthalia.

>Isn't the council chosen by IMM(s)? So the pool of potential
>Emperors are one of four people that the Imms deemed worthy at
>some point.

Imperial Council is people that the Emperor has promoted. If no Emperor, then yes, Imm intervention is (obviously) required. But to use another mortal of mine (since all I do is play mortals, right?), Hunsobo was never promoted by an Imm, ever, until he won the vote for Emperor (beating out Waserax and Ktaar). Most of my promotions, IIRC, came from Draktel (definitely War Master, and I think Elite too). Waserax was promoted by Kharghurln, as was Ktaar I'm pretty sure. (Kharg got Hunsobo's vote for Empress over some healer and Valryn who was Shadow Lord at the time).

>Am I wrong in assuming that once the vote for Meter/Rhyme is
>through, its just automatically given, WITHOUT a final Imm
>approving and promoting them?

That is an incorrect assumption. We tally the votes, discuss whether those voted for are absolutely going to just suck, and if not, we do the deed. Also if there is a tie at all, we break it via discussion.

Guilo1 (Guest)Sun 26-Jul-09 10:56 PM

#83607, "You just made yourself like such a giant asshole man."
In response to Reply #9

Rayihn is VERY involved with Nexus, Twist has been too, and so has Daevryn even though he likes to help more from the shadows recently.

It's pretty retarded to act like you know what's going on enough to call out IMM's like you are totally right, when you have no clue what you're saying.

You sound like a bitter ex-Nexun who got no interaction, if that's the case, maybe you need to step up your game or make use of the wizlist command. If not, then you are that much more less constructive and should really think your posts out more.

CadothuSun 26-Jul-09 11:07 PM
158 posts
#83608, "RE: You just made yourself like such a giant asshole ma..."
In response to Reply #13

I've never played a Nexun before, so nothing to really be bitter about.

Move along now.

StunnaSun 26-Jul-09 11:23 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#83585, "Heh. I loled. nt"
In response to Reply #4

asdf

Parvemus (Guest)Sun 26-Jul-09 09:19 PM

#83603, "Well.."
In response to Reply #1

Thats cool, you can think me a douche, but well I had my dates wrong I suppose. Nexan leadership lasts a month I believe and thought I was going to lose it earlier than a week from when I stopped logging in.

Quite simply it was me being leader and the cabal that kept me going, my normal login went like this;

Logged in - Summoned for about 10 mins, Tried to retrieve, died, regeared if I lost some things which I didnt all the time. Unghost, Summon again go looking for some more wands or explore. Go try to retrieve, die usually.

Now of course, were I someone of greater skill level I am sure it wouldnt have been like this. But I found a neutral conjurer immensly annoying to play.

I would summon a 1200 Mana Transplendant archon and to my recolection at least once I pumped 1200 mana into the binding and still failed. Of course thats just RNG being crap. But still made my life frustrating as hell. But anyway thats the end of my rant.

I enjoyed Parvemus from the Roleplay standpoint and was just lazy to never have wrote a more in depth role. The Midranks were the most offensive where I could actually hold my own, and kill a little. Though, once I started fighting hero rank people, I just got owned over and over again. Don't think I ever won 1 fight from lv 40 onwards.

But thats more just to me not being able to play a mage properly, and for my first real conjurer neutral probably wasnt the best bet. I did learn a bunch about summoning and the different powers/strengths/weaknesses.

Just a quick thanks to the IMMS and the players for making it still fun, and thanks again to Daev for having the Trivia Night thing that was a lot of fun.

See you in the Fields.

BTW - I did induct quite a few people, 5 - 10 people during my short leadership. If I saw an applicant I would speak to them that login generally. So if you missed out, im sorry but I play from Australia and can't login to suit everyone. So tough.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #83546 Previous topic | Next topic