Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #82972
Show all folders

Sau (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 09:26 AM

#82972, "I am gone. I was a crappy trib."

Two nights ago I had
2druids,2rangers,a tiger, an a couple rangers chasing me while the
hunt was on me.

I only have sienna wand people, 2 charges, I understand that one.
But the warrior/trani DR perma is rediculous. "give us the rest of your gear we want or we will kill you over an over"

And I get no recognition for all my deaths, attempts at being a good trib. Try talking to the provost, ignored.

Maybe I just suck.

Then again I am really salty about people ignoring me in general.
I think i suck then.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Your search is over at least, Gnamrish (Guest), 19-Jul-09 08:49 PM, #42
Reply I ignored you?, Adeglicfh (Guest), 17-Jul-09 06:42 PM, #36
Reply You know what I liked about you?, Thirkus (Guest), 17-Jul-09 01:23 PM, #31
Reply Thanks for the fight., sau (Guest), 17-Jul-09 01:26 PM, #33
Reply We ended up even :), Mreash (Guest), 17-Jul-09 01:22 PM, #30
Reply Me too, one charge though for killing harbringer? PLEAS..., Sau (Guest), 17-Jul-09 01:23 PM, #32
Reply to the Provost, sau (Guest), 17-Jul-09 11:34 AM, #21
Reply Did he really say that?, Lazytosignin (Guest), 17-Jul-09 11:50 AM, #22
Reply I'd probably have done the same, Daurwyn (Guest), 17-Jul-09 01:10 PM, #24
     Reply Although if you were trying to hero, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 17-Jul-09 01:18 PM, #26
     Reply Nah, He was just being real about no one heroing Trib a..., Sau (Guest), 17-Jul-09 01:19 PM, #27
          Reply No one doing it doesn't mean much, incognito, 17-Jul-09 08:26 PM, #39
     Reply Dunno, Lazytosignin (Guest), 17-Jul-09 01:19 PM, #28
          Reply I don't know the specifics of this conversation BUT, Artenno (Guest), 17-Jul-09 02:49 PM, #34
          Reply I expect you to step up to the plate, incognito, 17-Jul-09 08:27 PM, #40
Reply Re: Trib APs, Zaruthral (Guest), 17-Jul-09 12:44 PM, #23
Reply I never said you won't hero.. I said, Adeglicfh (Guest), 17-Jul-09 06:37 PM, #35
     Reply Yea, thats what you said, Sa (Guest), 17-Jul-09 06:43 PM, #37
Reply I enjoyed our interactions, you were a good Tribunal /t..., Artenno (Guest), 17-Jul-09 11:03 AM, #16
Reply I did not know you where evil Lol, Sau (Guest), 17-Jul-09 11:07 AM, #17
     Reply RE: I did not know you where evil Lol, Artenno (Guest), 17-Jul-09 11:20 AM, #18
Reply Not a crappy trib at all., Becalbray (Guest), 17-Jul-09 10:50 AM, #13
Reply Thanks for joining in during the the messed up hours., Sau (Guest), 17-Jul-09 10:53 AM, #14
Reply RE: I am gone. I was a crappy trib., Sulye (Guest), 17-Jul-09 10:47 AM, #10
Reply I know. At times you arnt. but the odds I get are nuts...., Sau (Guest), 17-Jul-09 10:49 AM, #12
     Reply Gets a lot easier if you rank to hero, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 17-Jul-09 01:14 PM, #25
          Reply Duh! I been around since second age., Sau (Guest), 17-Jul-09 01:21 PM, #29
Reply RE: I am gone. I was a crappy trib., Duarte (Guest), 17-Jul-09 10:45 AM, #9
Reply You are a class act. Props. good for cf you are. nt, Sau (Guest), 17-Jul-09 10:47 AM, #11
Reply Killing in the name of..., Becalbray (Guest), 17-Jul-09 11:24 AM, #19
     Reply This happens alot. Heres an idea, sau (Guest), 17-Jul-09 11:31 AM, #20
Reply We had a weird relationship..., Ixy (Guest), 17-Jul-09 09:45 AM, #4
Reply Probably because I was up for 30 hours sober and playin..., Sau (Guest), 17-Jul-09 10:54 AM, #15
Reply I take that back. My goal was to hero, not to lvl sit a..., Sau (Guest), 17-Jul-09 09:41 AM, #2
Reply One more thing. Elf. I was link dead when you full loot..., Sau (Guest), 17-Jul-09 10:05 AM, #6
Reply Hmm..., Mergen (Guest), 20-Jul-09 04:41 AM, #43
Reply .Randomness, Tsuval (Guest), 17-Jul-09 10:38 AM, #8
Reply Hide., Forsakenz (Guest), 17-Jul-09 07:04 PM, #38
     Reply Its serioulsy bad ass, Yes (Guest), 19-Jul-09 12:10 PM, #41
Reply Tribunal is a ####ty place to be right now., _Magus_Guest_ (Guest), 17-Jul-09 09:35 AM, #1
     Reply Keep in mind, I am Krilcov. I deserve it. nt, Sau (Guest), 17-Jul-09 09:41 AM, #3
          Reply I've actually grown a liking to you in the past two yea..., Guilo1 (Guest), 17-Jul-09 09:58 AM, #5
               Reply *warmfuzzy* DEAL nt, Sau (Guest), 17-Jul-09 10:20 AM, #7

Gnamrish (Guest)Sun 19-Jul-09 08:49 PM

#83132, "Your search is over at least"
In response to Reply #0

Well that's too bad. At least we did find your sienna. I didn't mean to ignore you after that but its gotten around I guess that I don't mind helping people look. So I am mostly doing that and it's probably not a good idea to take more than one person on that search. But I definitely meant to catch up with you and try some more. Oh well. The search continues...

Adeglicfh (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 06:42 PM

#83050, "I ignored you?"
In response to Reply #0

I know you liked to send me tells, and I sometimes don't answer alot of tells, if I'm busy. but I knew you were around, and noticed you spent time in the city not just in the Spire like some. I was moving you to Galadon soon, not thats much but it is a sign of you doing an decent job in the Spire if not excellent.

Keep in mind I'm dealing with Criminals, 25+ active tribunals, Notes, and other things. Bad timing I guess.

Thirkus (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 01:23 PM

#83019, "You know what I liked about you?"
In response to Reply #0

When you're spoiling for a fight and someone gives it to you. That fight in the ruins was probably my closest PK battle of all time.

sau (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 01:26 PM

#83021, "Thanks for the fight."
In response to Reply #31

You gave me something when you had a low lvl againts me. I was like ####... This dude is killing me with no weapons at 36, and a mace spec.

I was not going to run, if you slew me, screw me.

Thanks for the charge, I think I should have left you everything and not taken those two thing.

Mreash (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 01:22 PM

#83018, "We ended up even :)"
In response to Reply #0

I got you trying to flee from Duarte. You got me after I ran Shalsad off but couldn't move without dying from shackles. I had looked forward to future fights. Oh well.

Sau (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 01:23 PM

#83020, "Me too, one charge though for killing harbringer? PLEAS..."
In response to Reply #30

I was rank 44, you HERO HARBRINGER

I would tell the provost, Heh, I slew the harbringer when you where not on. No reply

I would tell the provost, Heh, I got away from the hunt/6 maran last eve. No reply

I tink I erked people

sau (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 11:34 AM

#83001, "to the Provost"
In response to Reply #0

I remember you sayin, o this guy wont hero. Why should induct you.
afterthat I swore I would not try to sit and gain controls. I know aps are strong at hero even without controls if played right. I tried to rank up. I got a lil pissed when the spire was ranking and wouldnt drop a non spire so i could rank past 44.

I tried dude, sorry for letting you down.

Lazytosignin (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 11:50 AM

#83002, "Did he really say that?"
In response to Reply #21

That's pretty ####ty and quite frankly really elitist. Who cares if you won't get to hero range? As long as your rp is good and you have a concrete purpose of joining the tribs, you should be able to join.

Next charac - screw the leader. Play how you want. As long as it's within the borders of your rp, and perhaps, the borders of your cabal rules, it should be fine.

Daurwyn (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 01:10 PM

#83011, "I'd probably have done the same"
In response to Reply #22

I don't see it as elitist. If anything, I see level sitting as symptomatic of trying to be "elite".

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 01:18 PM

#83013, "Although if you were trying to hero"
In response to Reply #24

I'd be fine with that.

Sau (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 01:19 PM

#83015, "Nah, He was just being real about no one heroing Trib a..."
In response to Reply #26

How many have there been>?

incognitoFri 17-Jul-09 08:26 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83055, "No one doing it doesn't mean much"
In response to Reply #27

I'd be happy to do one, only to me, trib is too much in my comfort zone.

Don't remember people heroing scion ap's much, and that was doable. I did, admittedly, take a real beating around 44. Something like 8 deaths without managing a kill in between them, which for me is the worst run I've ever had.

Lazytosignin (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 01:19 PM

#83016, "Dunno"
In response to Reply #24

I see requesting that a member of your tribunal leveling up to be an OOC mechanic. Granted the AP is using OOC mechanics to level sit to get charges, but how does that affect everyone's RP? Why should anyone else care or have any say on how you play your character based on your ooc decisions, especially you're ally?

Artenno (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 02:49 PM

#83028, "I don't know the specifics of this conversation BUT"
In response to Reply #28

I know for a fact that out of six or so applicants to Tribunal at that time four or five were APs and two of those APs turned out to be total trashy character (I am pretty sure one got denied), so my wild guess is that the Provost was trying to set up somewhat higher hurdles for new AP applicants, and I don't see anything wrong with that. Furthermore, out of ten or so APs in Tribunal, at most half are marginally active, everyone else is about to auto.

incognitoFri 17-Jul-09 08:27 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83056, "I expect you to step up to the plate"
In response to Reply #28

and make an effort to deal with the greatest threats to our cause. i.e. the heroes.

Zaruthral (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 12:44 PM

#83008, "Re: Trib APs"
In response to Reply #21

I've had quite a bit of experience with this combo and APs in general, and can empathize with what you're feeling. APs in tribs have to be more cautious than other APs since they can't get the majority of their charges in town where non-criminals are most vulnerable. Criminals aren't stupid enough to stand around so you can summon them into locked rooms either. And going into the wilderness alone, particularly the refuge, can be guaranteed suicide even with all of your wands up, any time an outlander, ranger, bard, and/or transmuter are lurking about.

There's no real way to make it easier other than grinding it out and hoping you get lucky (a lot).

As somebody who has lost 6 unholy weapons so far (since that's always the first thing that gets grabbed), I have found you can't get attached to your weapon too much and the controls are the important thing. Just keep plugging along until you get 50 or so kills and that second control, then you can more than compete in the hero ranges.

If you want to rack up a lot of unholy kills, play a low-exp CE AP that kills everybody that hides in town, and just offload your charges into practice weapons in a non-coveted container for awhile to keep them from getting stolen. It's not as easy as it sounds, but it's much better pickings than being a tribunal.

Adeglicfh (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 06:37 PM

#83049, "I never said you won't hero.. I said"
In response to Reply #21

Aps never last in tribunal. Your a target for villagers and such. and you have a title that tells them were you are when in a city. Lose your weapon to a bad gang, or mistake, and delete. thats what aps do.

I'm sorry you thought I was against you if thats what you think. I was actually hoping to see if you could break what I see about aps in tribunal.

If you look at the number of Applicants to the Tribunal, I wouldn't be afraid to say that 60% are Aps, and I gave you a badge even with my IC concern about aps not lasting, so take that for what it's worth.

Best of luck, and feel free to come back and prove me wrong. or something.

Sa (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 06:43 PM

#83051, "Yea, thats what you said"
In response to Reply #35

I forgot exactlly what it was.
I tried so hard to hero and impress you.

After you told me that, its what I worked for.
My hours where when outlander was strong and only me and another if any was around it seemed

And then I logged during the mornings to you guys high fiving eachother
and not sealing any kills and thought heh, I'm not making a good show

I only killed one criminal though.

Artenno (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 11:03 AM

#82995, "I enjoyed our interactions, you were a good Tribunal /t..."
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed our interview, you tried hard and put a lot of effort into the character. I wish I could help you a bit more, but I am evil and not the most helpful IC kind and you seemed to be doing fine. If I knew any wand locations, I'd share them with you, unfortunately I do not know any that would not be obvious to you right away.

I think what I liked the most about you is that you leveled up against the odds, dove into the battle against all odds, died and took it with grace. Yes, it's frustrating right now, Outlanders are at their highest power I've seen and they do go after you with numbers. But most (if not all) are very classy opponents and if anything you get better as a player fighting and losing to them.

I hope you had some fun with your "against all odds" AP. Hope to see you again in Tribunal. For your style of play (and I don't know any of your previous characters, so I'm basing this just on Sau... I'd go for an offense (or heck maybe even utility) / air shifter who uses the Spire as the mothership base. Hit and run, hit and run, hit and run, get lucky, score a kill, rinse and repeat.

Sau (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 11:07 AM

#82996, "I did not know you where evil Lol"
In response to Reply #16

I just figured you where neutral later on.

You rped GREAT. I was just bumming hard I didnt have someone to join up with me when I was fighting people/peoples too too strong for me.

You are playing something that I would call "TopTierCfcharter" +infiniti in class/rp

Artenno (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 11:20 AM

#82997, "RE: I did not know you where evil Lol"
In response to Reply #17

Hehe, thank you for the compliment. Yes, you fought things you should not have fought. (That's why I think hit and run of air shifter would suit your playstyle quite well.) Also, evils think that having a healer = immunity and, as Outlanders will tell you, that is simply not true.

I am a new breed of evil! But I won't go into too much of that OOCly, all will unfold in its due course ICly.

Becalbray (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 10:50 AM

#82992, "Not a crappy trib at all."
In response to Reply #0

This has been the first time I have been on the same side and interacted with you. You are very knowledgeable and I appreciated the assistance very much. You did get stuck at a level which is horrible for an anti-paladin, especially one without a control. Controls usually make up for the lack of kick you have when you don't have a good unholy. Your communications were a little random, but I thought that was roleplay honestly!

But beyond that, I think you did well, and helped me some and I appreciate the patience on your end after one of my few "Beat downs" trying to retrieve and getting stripped of anything useful. Plus it doesn't help to accidentally wingsweep instead of inher flight when you are a ghost in front of an outer guardian .

GLWN!

Sau (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 10:53 AM

#82993, "Thanks for joining in during the the messed up hours."
In response to Reply #13

The comradre was awesome. First time I played an ap and actually cared for another. I was like sht... I am going to get an align change. GET HIS CHARGES.

Sulye (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 10:47 AM

#82988, "RE: I am gone. I was a crappy trib."
In response to Reply #0

You had a hard life. You and Dach.

As for the Hunt thing- whenever someone calls out "Hunt on so-and-so" its usually because they've already lost that person. If the hunt-caller has already lost the target then I don't have a big problem with finding that guy and killing him. Hence all the people chasing you around. IIRC most of us weren't even grouped.

Sau (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 10:49 AM

#82991, "I know. At times you arnt. but the odds I get are nuts...."
In response to Reply #10

outlander has scales.
Sau is in the spire hidding.
Three outlanders come to fight him or kill him when on person in that party is a druid during the full moon and one fireseed and their mobs
can outright kill the ap. Fun.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 01:14 PM

#83012, "Gets a lot easier if you rank to hero"
In response to Reply #12

And they don't have the levels on you. Seriously, you are better being at hero than having druids with lots of levels on you.

I would suggest, though, that you summon druids away from their pets when you can. Also, you might be interested to know that if you deafen a druid, he can't order his pets to rescue.

Sau (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 01:21 PM

#83017, "Duh! I been around since second age."
In response to Reply #25

I did not sit at a single rank. I was rank 37 the same day i got 36
I was 40 the next day
42 the next
I got stuck stuck at 44

Your talking to Krilcov Flaming Krieger, the CHerry Picking Tiger.
Petuletant Kitten of the Chasm. Look at my Imm comments by the way.

Duarte (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 10:45 AM

#82985, "RE: I am gone. I was a crappy trib."
In response to Reply #0

That's too bad, was looking forward to fighting you once you heroed and got into the swing of things...

I killed you a few times, but made sure they were spaced out enough, hell, I even let you run off a few times because I don't believe in multi-killing.

Keep truckin' though man, some players are just ####s-- and the ones that are lame enough to perma are usually the worst kind.

Sau (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 10:47 AM

#82989, "You are a class act. Props. good for cf you are. nt"
In response to Reply #9

nt

Becalbray (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 11:24 AM

#82998, "Killing in the name of..."
In response to Reply #9

The problem here, and is probably not a problem, but you spaced your killing out, another Outlander gang spaced the killing out, so what ended up happening is that Outlander in general multi-killed someone in Tribunal almost constantly, within 15 minutes of unghosting. I saw this happen on a number of occasions that Outlander would kill someone 6 times in a span of 2 hours, mostly while that person is regearing and already unhappy.

I guess that person could just run off and hide for a few hours, but with your bird forms and everything, the only option is just to quit. I'm not up for suggestions on how you play, but if there are 7 to 9 Outlanders off, maybe lay off for a little so people can get back on their feet and fight you somewhat effectively.

Not really a gripe, but just something to know that you just "spacing" out your kills doesn't mean others from Outlanders are not doing the same and you are multi-killing them.

sau (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 11:31 AM

#83000, "This happens alot. Heres an idea"
In response to Reply #19

Look. Lvl 42 trib is on. Mre, I rather hunt lvl 51 invoker who is a bigger threat or go explore for the greater sake of thar eris.
Heh you. lvl 44 outlander, go deal with him.

Not. 42lvl outlander and 51druid healing him.

not 51warrior.51trani kill him and threaten multikill becaue You didnt
get one nice eq out of the 6 items taken.

Ixy (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 09:45 AM

#82976, "We had a weird relationship..."
In response to Reply #0

..but it was fun!

Sau (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 10:54 AM

#82994, "Probably because I was up for 30 hours sober and playin..."
In response to Reply #4

My q and s key are horrible. Thats why i was going apecrap

Sau (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 09:41 AM

#82974, "I take that back. My goal was to hero, not to lvl sit a..."
In response to Reply #0

Alot of people in this game helped me out alot, I am grateful.
I did some dirty things too.

I am just sick of being hunted 24/7 and not being able to rank past 44
when I Krilcov can rank most things to hero in 60 or less hours.
I am at a hundred hours. All I wanted to do was hero this char so I could fight those who took advantage of me being at a lower rank.

Listen people. Why gank/hunt for weeks rl time when you can be hunting
HERO LVL ENEMIES. who are actually a greater threat to the game.
There isnt going to be another Cabru. If there is, so what

Don't threaten someone with 7 lvls under you of multi killing/looting for not giving up their gauntlets of ogre power after you just looted
HIDE OF THE Dire wolf-UBER GEar
Bracelet Charms
and other nice stuff

Do you want me to roll something up to take care of you?
Com on.
I guess no one remembers what class I pwn at. And stopped playing cause It would literally make people log out right away. Or hang with their buddies in fear of loosing their worm gear.

I dont multi. If I slew you, I feel bad about killing you again right after.

CHRIST PEOPLE. Every piece of gear I had. I traded for or slew a mob for. Dont tell me I might give you your things back if you return all you looted. I don't loot heavily. (sorry thiumir, You logged out before I could return most)

And for the SHeathed blade. Dont threaten someone 11 ranks on you, come into range and play dumb about your threats and hide like a coward. Pathetic. Pathetic, Pathetic. Thats the only reason I was after you. Not because of the easy kill.

My goal was to hero, not to lvl sit and get souls

Sau (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 10:05 AM

#82980, "One more thing. Elf. I was link dead when you full loot..."
In response to Reply #2

BOth elf and rager got me link dead. My service is spotty during certain hours. I lost some nice stuff. Elf... that was my first pk death in a long time and I worked hard for those things. You never got me before or after that. I almost slew you a few times. I never took more than one or two things from your corpse ever.

One more messed up thing. the Q key on my laptop takes 40pds of pressure to push. The S key lags fer a micro second after hitting it
sometimes i get this "get hsield asck" when I am in the middle of a fight

I cant believe i ran away from 2 druids, and 4 other outlanders that night when I i couldnt quaff refreshing potions and run south for crap

Mergen (Guest)Mon 20-Jul-09 04:41 AM

#83146, "Hmm..."
In response to Reply #6

That must have been the other two druids because I don't remember calling the hunt on you. There are so few enemies and situations where Mergen will actually fight a single foe with another person. I'm kind of feeling funny about using it at all given the whole religion thing. But right now I can only sympathise with the Tribunals that show up. EVERY once and a while you get a power-gank squad rolling. If I'd known there were going to be so damn many outties, I'd have waited for Mergen. But anyway, I can't say anything bad about our fights.

Tsuval (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 10:38 AM

#82984, ".Randomness"
In response to Reply #2

Don't think I ever interacted with you really, outside of you being around when I got killed in towns, so was kind of surprised to hear from you on my last suicidal death right before I retired. Course you were an A-P, but still had no real idea why you spoke to me so being nice would not be expected, but random tells like that I always find, well, random. And using ignore after, well that just led to my curiosity.

Oh well, go back to your dominant class, probably more enjoyable instead of getting beaten on all the time for having the stones to roll a tribunal a-p the way things are now.

Forsakenz (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 07:04 PM

#83052, "Hide."
In response to Reply #2

So there really is a hide of the dire wolf? I was tempted to roll a char just to try and kill the large dire wolf and see.

You id it?

Yes (Guest)Sun 19-Jul-09 12:10 PM

#83117, "Its serioulsy bad ass"
In response to Reply #38

Cape of living flames
Girdle of Giant strength
Poncho of shambling remainds tied into one.

The thief said 120, first come first serve. I said hold onto it. i'll give you 200 gold in 2rl hours. God.. It took me 1hour and 55minutes to get that gold. I was working my ass off getting it.

_Magus_Guest_ (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 09:35 AM

#82973, "Tribunal is a ####ty place to be right now."
In response to Reply #0

I feel sorry for the people who actually put up with it anymore.

Didn't know Sau, but I sympathize with your Tribunal woes.

Sau (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 09:41 AM

#82975, "Keep in mind, I am Krilcov. I deserve it. nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

Guilo1 (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 09:58 AM

#82978, "I've actually grown a liking to you in the past two yea..."
In response to Reply #3

You've kind of been manning up and making good stuff without all the crazy controversy. Roll that class, I want to see you back in terrifying form.

Sau (Guest)Fri 17-Jul-09 10:20 AM

#82982, "*warmfuzzy* DEAL nt"
In response to Reply #5

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #82972 Previous topic | Next topic