Subject: "Brexamir Legend of the Battlefield" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #82769
Show all folders

CharadeFri 10-Jul-09 11:39 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
120 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#82769, "Brexamir Legend of the Battlefield"

Ok well, I like the idea of a rage delete, it was a great addition, but the code should be checked a bit. I died and decide to delete. WAit out my ghost and then around five minutes after. Called a rage delete. Ok no problem. Wait 24 hours and log in again. Try deleting. Rage delete. ok. Wait 24 hours till today. Log in for 23 minutes delete delete. Called a rage delete. Only importatnt because I'm not sure I'll be home the next couple days and I wanted to post goodbyes. Be nice that if after 24 hours you could log in and just delete.

Well I decided to make a defensive defender and I can say that they just aren't that fun. This build had one power spot where it was MONSTEROUS and that was at the giant. But I just couldn't really kill anyone after level 40. Kinda sucks, because the PK range for battle is getting to be AWESOME right now. But I was havin zero fun and, to be truthful, no one really cares about a Defender. I spent TONS of time lookin at people and bandaging them even if they only had a few cuts and an even LARGER amount of time at the giant bandaging him back up to full health, but no one really see's that or pays attention to it so basically you're just doing it because its your role, which is good, but not really all that fun. My roleplay was decent. Nothing outstanding, but not real noteworthy I don't think. Got to explore alot though, and detect secret passage is OP. I saw soooo many things that I never knew existed, because I saw the passage there which was probably the coolest thing about the character. Also seemed like the giant healed tons faster sometimes, so if that was an IMM then thanks. It was cool that I could patch him up to gushing after 15 patches or so and then go to get him again and he was full. Saved me alot of boring time. I had Harmonious and Typhoon. Harmonious was whatever. Sure it was good but you don't really notice it. Typhoon ROCKED. Be fantastic on a berserker but wasn't very good on me. Never saw a double parting blow that I remember if it even does that but still cool. Definately take it again.

Goodbyes:
I really try not to run the the village unless I'm really getting my ass kicked. Most of the time I try to run and hide somewhere in Thera unless defending or some such. So if ya got me to run into the village then I was probably really worried about ya.

BATTLE

Woldrun: Awesome of course. You took the Village and made it your own. Never had I seen the enforcement of parity done so strong. I didn't agree in every situation but most of them and its a sign of a great commander when everyone buys in so wholeheartedly to what your doing. Piller for sure. Was pretty sure I couldn't wield that polearm as a player but you never ask a dwarf if he can wield anything, of course he'll say he can.

Lohik: Said it before, but I was near invincible at the giant with you there. Could have easily taken on four plus. Great job.

Susu: You took alot of #### some deserved, some not. But you were BY FAR my favorite interview. I liked that you didn't just rubber stamp me. You made it a challenge and I appreciated that as a player.

Grummin: My only regret leaving is not being able to play with you. You're a fantastic character from my interview all the way till now. Great RP, great fighter, and carrying on the leadership incredibly well. Thanks for taking me To Hell. New experience for me. Was really cool.

Landser: Loved that you went against the grain with your speech pattern.

Gert: WOW. You're like the cajun version of a dwarf. Takes me some time to decipher what your saying, but you do it really well. Stay at them.

Estrisa: I like you RP alot. ALOT. Quite original. Keep up the good work.

NEXUS

In my time playing this game I have NEVER seen a classier group of foes.

Vhoren: Sad to see you delete, really liked you.

Fupplin and Ptohlmar: Two great mages that always came to mix it up, ABS or no, and did very well.

Valus and Tabnalia: Respected you two the MOST. Fighting me at the giant was near suicide for you two but you kept coming and working it. Class acts. It got to the point that I broke character a touch and would flee instead of taking the chance of killing you again. Only happened once or twice with Val, but thats the respect I had for you as a player. Tab, you must have failed your flee at least 10 times. Just crappy luck at my power spot.

Sulye: Another ranger that was a class act. I enjoyed the hell outta our fights.

SCION
Always hard being a Scion in my opinion, must be damn near impossible sometimes.

Sulzaen: You attacked me in my thirties when I'm suppose to be tough and your not. You'd showed me. Great mage, ballsy and tough.

Frismund: When you get an army, wow. You know how to play a necro really well. As A player I was ALWAYS wary of you. Well played.

OUTLANDER
I like the fact that outlanders don't like dwarves. It gave me a few more enemies to watch for and every one of you were cool.

Mergan: The original druid who came after me. Got me too. Cool character, cool roleplay, and the understanding between us was great.

Quird: The later druid that got me. That you turned my boots to wood and gave them back so that they wouldn't offend the Ancients was just one of those moments in CF where you say, That guy has a great character going.

Yionck: The other ranger that I respected the hell out of. That warpaint debuff can get mean and it seems like you were really ginning into your character there, learning what he can do against me. Tres cool.

OTHERS

Takezu: Ranked with you alot. Had a solid assassin going. One that used the Village for mutual benefit. But still hunted some of us you hated.

Razgul: WTF MAN, where'd you go? I absolutely LOVED your RP. LOVED IT. Never knew if you were going to help me or attack me, and your religious angle was really nice.

Shujjaku: Sorry you deleted man, but we all knew you had a SUPER rough road ahead of you. To go for it that late, I figured it was going to take you and least 50-100 hours just to get a Battle Imm to talk to you, and then probably have to quest for your hut. And to be truthful, I think it should be that way. But it would have been EPIC if you could have done it.

TRIBUNAL:
I tried to never get involved with anyone villager that had a wanted flag. Failed once with Messervy (sorry about that). Brex figured if your stupid enough to get caught with a wanted flag then you deserved what you got, and I can tell you, I got sick as #### of Villagers whining about losing their weapons when they got caught to the point of saying it over the cabal channel once or twice. Do the crime, do the time pansies. Brex never got wanted not because he was orderly, but he felt he didn't need anything slowing him down if he needed to race to a villager or the giant for some healing. Like I said, very defensively minded defender.

Mahendorin: I just really like your character. Your solid as any I've seen from our interactions, and you can see that there's a good player behind him.

IMMS:
As always, thanks to all you guys who do this for free. It is appreciated, though I think it probably takes ten thank yous to outweigh one asshole sceaming IMM conspiracy, so here's one to the pot.

THROR: One of your first days back and you rock a #### quest, running us all over the world for Battle history. THAT'S why people play battle as much as for the powers. It's fantastic to have such a great player and IMM back among us.

IUNNA: You're just.....wow. You may be #### with pfiles, but you can't replace your value to this game in RP and Immeraction. The fact that you're always around and actively TRYING to make characters more memorable and more fun for each player speaks VOLUMES. I know alot of things goes on behind the scenes, and a ####on of coding and work needs to be done, but simple interactions, just quick ones perhaps, are what makes characters memorable. That some mob talked to you for 3 minutes may keep a character moving for another 50 hours when he might of deleted. HAH, I was at the bar doing interviews and screaming ALE! which I think just added to the fun. Dunno if that was you or maybe Ysaloerye but it was simple but made my night.

As an aside, the forums are ripe with complaints about too much loving, not enough loving. I'll use Scion as a recent example only because it was talked about. I've never had a scion so in that respect I have no idea what the problems really are. But, as an IMM, if you feel you're not sure what to do, then I say IMMeraction, is always the answer. There are two IMM's in the Cabal, then make applicants pick sides to get in perhaps. Maybe not a good idea, but just a suggestion. Give three people maybe three minutes of talking to a mob, doesn't go well, give three new ones a shot a few days later. Like I said, it may be that this is happening, I don't know since I've played two battle characters back to back, but thats my suggestion. Its a PK mud, but its also an RP mud, and I think a vast majority of us enjoy that aspect the most. I know I didn't care about no last name because of the few interactions I had with Iunna and Thror made it worthwhile. Or the fact that I saw Thror snooping me, (because he stood or sat or something. HAH) but I knew I was being watched which always made me think as my character. The simple interaction at Ysaloerye's bar made this character memorable. Just my 2 cents. Take it with a grain of salt if you want.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Tabnalia (Guest)Sat 11-Jul-09 12:10 PM

#82783, "Yea I hated fighting you at the giant"
In response to Reply #0

But I felt it was a bigger sin to not TRY to do something about Villagers having the key than just sit back and say, oh there is one villager there, guess I'll go along my merry way and forget about the key. Tactically waiting is a piss poor excuse for I don't want to risk losing my shinies. A bard isn't for me though, at least this one wasn't. I just never could quite get the hang of it. After I would die at the giant I would think, why didn't I use that song that makes people flee? That would've at least let me get away. If not have turned the fight if I could get you away from the giant. But oh well its for not thinking things like that a bard isn't for me.

You were classy though, as most of the villagers are. Good job and GLWYN

Vhoren (Guest)Sat 11-Jul-09 12:03 AM

#82772, "RE: Brexamir Legend of the Battlefield"
In response to Reply #0

As I said on my qhcf.net thread you were one of my favorites to interact with. Sad to see you go.

Now roll a nexun!

IunnaFri 10-Jul-09 11:59 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#82771, "Don't think that was me."
In response to Reply #0

I almost never interact via mob because I'm lazy and prefer being
Iunna, but thanks for the kind words nonetheless.

Losing a defender is always a rough deal for Battle, but the game
should be about having fun - hope you find that again with the next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #82769 Previous topic | Next topic