Subject: "Mage experiment over" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #82722
Show all folders

Giddertook (Guest)Thu 09-Jul-09 07:14 AM

#82722, "Mage experiment over"

I essentially rolled GIddertook for double xp. Ended up heroing him in 20 hours and spent the next 10-11 hours looking for wands. Did'nt find any i did find some interesting locations which def made me go wtf. Someone should consider going back behind Mr. and Mrs. Nep and checking for retardedness. Sleeks in area explores? In corpses of animals? You can have mages back im done with them.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply You almost got me in Arkham that one time, Artenno (Guest), 09-Jul-09 09:15 AM, #3
Reply RE: You almost got me in Arkham that one time, Kadsies (Guest), 09-Jul-09 04:06 PM, #16
Reply Bleh, Mreash (Guest), 09-Jul-09 07:30 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Bleh, Kadsies (Guest), 09-Jul-09 07:50 AM, #2
          Reply if you can't survive without wands, laxicus (Guest), 09-Jul-09 11:50 AM, #4
               Reply Why is it when I read something like this..., _Magus_Guest_ (Guest), 09-Jul-09 12:09 PM, #5
               Reply actually, laxicus (Guest), 09-Jul-09 12:28 PM, #7
                    Reply Hah, Torak, 09-Jul-09 01:59 PM, #10
                         Reply RE: Hah, Dervish, 09-Jul-09 03:50 PM, #14
               Reply Disagree., Forsakenz (Guest), 09-Jul-09 12:25 PM, #6
                    Reply Sleeks are not do or die, Mreash (Guest), 09-Jul-09 01:06 PM, #8
                         Reply Question, Dwoggurd, 09-Jul-09 01:27 PM, #9
                              Reply Better yet.., Torak, 09-Jul-09 02:00 PM, #11
                              Reply Not to mention., Forsakenz (Guest), 09-Jul-09 02:54 PM, #12
                              Reply Don't be silly., Iunna, 09-Jul-09 03:21 PM, #13
                                   Reply Well, Dwoggurd, 09-Jul-09 03:58 PM, #15

Artenno (Guest)Thu 09-Jul-09 09:15 AM

#82725, "You almost got me in Arkham that one time"
In response to Reply #0

Had no idea you were Outlander to be honest. I guess I had a small suspicion after that one attack but no one really new anything about you.

Mreash is right your forms did seem pretty kick-a$$.

I know 50 hours is probably not a long time to explore all the abilities, but what did you think of your forms? Any feedback?

Kadsies (Guest)Thu 09-Jul-09 04:06 PM

#82744, "RE: You almost got me in Arkham that one time"
In response to Reply #3

Dire wolf is just mean and for an outlander its even nastier. Golden eagle's furor is damn near overpowered. Both were awesome forms and it was hard to walk away from them.. but sorry im not signing up for that kind of tedium.

Mreash (Guest)Thu 09-Jul-09 07:30 AM

#82723, "Bleh"
In response to Reply #0

I think you just became the poster child against double xp. A guy that heroes and deletes in less than 50 hours. Obviously you spend a ton of time trying to find your wands

I've played several mages, and they are fun even without all of your sleeks. You also had some badass forms that would have been great for the tree if you would have stuck it out. I'm going to be watching after the next double xp day, no one day heroes are getting inducted.

Kadsies (Guest)Thu 09-Jul-09 07:50 AM

#82724, "RE: Bleh"
In response to Reply #1

Eh not really. Since the changes to wands went in I havent played a mage for exactly this reason. I did not wish to go through a 150 hour process of finding all three wands so the character could compete. This char was created for the sole purpose of seeing of mages were playable for someone like me. And it turns out they arent..

laxicus (Guest)Thu 09-Jul-09 11:50 AM

#82728, "if you can't survive without wands"
In response to Reply #2

then you just suck... especially if most of the other players are also without wands. try learning to win fights with various combat tactics other then come immune to everything or with a huge group...

there are still plenty of non sleek wands out there too.

_Magus_Guest_ (Guest)Thu 09-Jul-09 12:09 PM

#82729, "Why is it when I read something like this..."
In response to Reply #4

I automatically assume it's someone who probably either A) Doesn't play mages, or B) Is a serial battle rager player who wants people to play mages that can't find wands so they can kick their teeth in.

Sans detect artifact, mages suck at PK. Period. I'd lose all hope for mages if transmuters and invokers weren't such good groupmates.

laxicus (Guest)Thu 09-Jul-09 12:28 PM

#82733, "actually"
In response to Reply #5

just played a mage without any of my sleeks and did just fine. The name was flimbert. Does not having abs mean some fights will be more difficult... sure but there are still plenty of other ways to work around that. If villagers are too tough for you then just go after other mages who don't have wands. bring a friend, or god forbid try to catch people unprepared. use hit and run tactics. the list goes on.

kill other mages and take their wands thats a good one.

TorakThu 09-Jul-09 01:59 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#82737, "Hah"
In response to Reply #7

Try an AP and get back to me. I'd be surprised if you got past your first control without any a/b/s sleeks or massive ganking.

If you don't realize how bad the new wand system is, you haven't played a mage that isn't a shifter/good-conjurer/invoker.

DervishThu 09-Jul-09 03:50 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#82742, "RE: Hah"
In response to Reply #10

I had AP which was very close to first control (2-5 PK left) without any sleeks. I did pretty fine it PK and each day got 1-3 PKills in general.

I deleted when I realized that I wont be able to KEEP the weapon without sleeks. But to get controls - its possible.

Forsakenz (Guest)Thu 09-Jul-09 12:25 PM

#82732, "Disagree."
In response to Reply #4

Any raid/retrieval situation is going to go poorly. It'll be harder to kill a lot of builds without damage reduction. It is easier to get ganked. And so on.

You can -survive- without having 2 of your wands. But doing a lot of necessary and specific things makes it a huge chore.

Mreash (Guest)Thu 09-Jul-09 01:06 PM

#82735, "Sleeks are not do or die"
In response to Reply #6

There are lots of non sleek sources. Most of my mages don't ever bother with sleeks. Plus you can't tell me that once you put up stone skin and protection that you are worthless. Plus he was an air form which gives him a lot of get the hell out freedom.

DwoggurdThu 09-Jul-09 01:27 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#82736, "Question"
In response to Reply #8

Most of my mages don't ever bother with sleeks.

What were your mages again? Care to share their names?

TorakThu 09-Jul-09 02:00 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#82738, "Better yet.."
In response to Reply #9

...give me anti-paladin you played. Wand changes ####ed them the worst.

Forsakenz (Guest)Thu 09-Jul-09 02:54 PM

#82739, "Not to mention."
In response to Reply #11

No consortium preps to buy. Well, you can plunk money down on them they just won't work.

IunnaThu 09-Jul-09 03:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#82740, "Don't be silly."
In response to Reply #9

It would be stupid of him to equate a current, active character with
his previous characters.

DwoggurdThu 09-Jul-09 03:58 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#82743, "Well"
In response to Reply #13

Since his post was already silly I found it acceptable to provide a response of similar quality

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #82722 Previous topic | Next topic