Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Naja the Knight of the Apocalypse" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #82466
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 03-Jul-09 11:32 AM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17210 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#82466, "(DELETED) [None] Naja the Knight of the Apocalypse"

Fri Jul 3 11:30:31 2009

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Naja perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:111

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Naja the Knight of the Apocalypse, Naja (Guest), 06-Jul-09 05:39 AM, #10
Reply Minor gripe about APs, Naja (Guest), 06-Jul-09 05:44 AM, #11
Reply RE: Minor gripe about APs, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 06-Jul-09 08:31 AM, #13
Reply You realise, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 06-Jul-09 08:29 AM, #12
     Reply RE: You realise, Isildur, 06-Jul-09 08:53 AM, #14
          Reply RE: You realise, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 06-Jul-09 01:11 PM, #15
Reply You seemed to struggle a bit /stxt, Artenno (Guest), 04-Jul-09 10:02 AM, #3
Reply RE: You seemed to struggle a bit /stxt, Naja (Guest), 06-Jul-09 05:25 AM, #7
Reply After you called me babycakes IC..., Kyaltaru (Guest), 03-Jul-09 02:44 PM, #2
Reply RE: After you called me babycakes IC..., Naja (Guest), 06-Jul-09 05:27 AM, #8
Reply My advice?, Torak, 03-Jul-09 01:23 PM, #1
     Reply Hah. So you finally realise! nt, Guy (Guest), 04-Jul-09 12:07 PM, #4
     Reply He had to get bashed down a few hundred times, but he g..., Mek (Guest), 04-Jul-09 04:59 PM, #5
          Reply Oh I still have plans...., Torak, 04-Jul-09 06:09 PM, #6
     Reply RE: My advice?, Naja (Guest), 06-Jul-09 05:30 AM, #9

Naja (Guest)Mon 06-Jul-09 05:39 AM

#82566, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Naja the Knight of the Apocalypse"
In response to Reply #0

Had some high hopes for Naja...second AP in a row (Breu was the one before) because I just really really wanted to make a badass AP but im seriously not liking APs now. First thing everyone does is sac your weapon or in the case of fellow ap's leech it (which is to be expected) is not as fun as I thought it would be. Picked fire giant because after Breu I realized AP's dont really need much dexterity because they can't DODGE anyways. Totally messed up my ideas for Breu not being able to dodge btw. Figured giant resistence was a better way to go. didnt really write a role for Breu until later on...just let him grow organically and kept adding stuff to his background as I made it up on the fly.

Thats why I liked him. I put ALOT of work into Breu and ended up being bored with him. Put NO effort into Naja and really liked him.

I might make one more AP...but I dunno...something burned out in me this time around and im still not even sure im headed back into the fields this time.

Naja (Guest)Mon 06-Jul-09 05:44 AM

#82567, "Minor gripe about APs"
In response to Reply #10

There should NEVER be a time when Unholy Blessing fails to get a soul when you kill someone. I failed twice in a row! Considering the smaller PB we have to deal with it really sucks to actually find and kill someone then your weapon wails on you because it failed to collect.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Mon 06-Jul-09 08:31 AM

#82572, "RE: Minor gripe about APs"
In response to Reply #11

Can't say I fully agree. It stops you from picking on weak players. If you take down the odd strong one, it averages above 1 charge per pk. (At least, I always have done.)

Also, it stops you multi-killing (at least, you have to kill someone else in between).

Overall, I quite like the way that ap charge system works. I'd just factor ganging into the equation too. So that if you make a pk whilst ganging, you are less likely to get charges.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Mon 06-Jul-09 08:29 AM

#82571, "You realise"
In response to Reply #10

That having high dex can make it harder for other people to dodge you?

That is partly why I chose whips for Victoria, after the changes to dex. (Because whips aren't that easy to dodge either, from what I can tell.)

IsildurMon 06-Jul-09 08:53 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#82573, "RE: You realise"
In response to Reply #12

Really? I've never heard that. About attacks from high-dex characters being harder to dodge.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Mon 06-Jul-09 01:11 PM

#82591, "RE: You realise"
In response to Reply #14

I presume you've heard that hamstring makes it easier for the hamstringer to dodge?

Unless that's false, it is because it improves the dex discrepancy.

If it is false I'm talking crap. But my experience (without any number crunching) would appear to suggest it is true.

Artenno (Guest)Sat 04-Jul-09 10:02 AM

#82508, "You seemed to struggle a bit /stxt"
In response to Reply #0

Fire AP is a tough role and it looks like everyone was after you. I did enjoy grouping with you a few times. I never got a sense of whether you were new or not. Perhaps for your next character, try something with a somewhat bigger ally pool? I have a soft spot for fire giants!

Naja (Guest)Mon 06-Jul-09 05:25 AM

#82563, "RE: You seemed to struggle a bit /stxt"
In response to Reply #3

Yeah...I liked Naja too...dont think ill do fire giant again though....long time since ive done a 'dumb' race and three pracs to get learned *shudder* This was a rage delete actually. Got beat in a fight couldnt find my corpse...went to the pit and got back my pies. I tend to leave most folks their stuff and was just like eff it...had already lost enough con (mostly from teleporting) to throw in the towel. O the plus side...someone helped me find my wands in like two hours....turns out if you know where the locations are its not so hard.....which means the hard part is knowing where the locations are.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Fri 03-Jul-09 02:44 PM

#82476, "After you called me babycakes IC..."
In response to Reply #0

I just couldn't bring myself to talk to you anymore.

Naja (Guest)Mon 06-Jul-09 05:27 AM

#82564, "RE: After you called me babycakes IC..."
In response to Reply #2

Hmmm...thought i called Hirindil babycakes...but hey if it was you that was just part of Naja's way of talking but im pretty sure it was hirindil cause Naja wasn't gay.

TorakFri 03-Jul-09 01:23 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#82471, "My advice?"
In response to Reply #0

Don't use polearms - it's a lost cause.

Guy (Guest)Sat 04-Jul-09 12:07 PM

#82511, "Hah. So you finally realise! nt"
In response to Reply #1

d

Mek (Guest)Sat 04-Jul-09 04:59 PM

#82513, "He had to get bashed down a few hundred times, but he g..."
In response to Reply #4

asf

TorakSat 04-Jul-09 06:08 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#82514, "Oh I still have plans...."
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Sat 04-Jul-09 06:09 PM

...they just involve telling Daevryn/Zulg/Valg/whomever they're full of crap on thinking polearms are any good.

If morosa starting or in the process was hidden like assassin techniques, maybe.
If morosa worked underwater or on water, maybe.
If morosa stunned when it threw someone out, maybe.
If irongrip prevented breaking wrists as an edge for polearms, maybe.

Right now it's a big fat waste.....it'll probably get fixed in a few years like trappers when I said they suck and they kept saying "oh they're fine!"

Naja (Guest)Mon 06-Jul-09 05:30 AM

#82565, "RE: My advice?"
In response to Reply #1

heh

That also kinda sent me over the edge. I had high hopes for polearms...i was kinda digging the concept...and then I get beat down by a dagger. Easily.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #82466 Previous topic | Next topic