Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Balgrim the Grand Master of Chang..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #81741
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 21-Jun-09 06:16 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17209 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81741, "(RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Balgrim the Grand Master of Changelings"

Sun Jun 21 18:14:24 2009

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Balgrim perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:137

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Balgrim the Grand Master of C..., Susu (Guest), 21-Jun-09 11:00 PM, #2
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Balgrim the Grand Master of C..., Balgrim (Guest), 21-Jun-09 11:09 PM, #3
     Reply As a side note, Balgrim (Guest), 21-Jun-09 11:21 PM, #5
          Reply RE: As a side note, Susu (Guest), 22-Jun-09 12:08 AM, #6
          Reply SHHHHHH, Taichabel (Guest), 22-Jun-09 06:00 PM, #8
Reply WHY!??!?!?!?, Taichabel (Guest), 21-Jun-09 06:26 PM, #1
     Reply RE: WHY!??!?!?!?, Graelik (Guest), 21-Jun-09 11:13 PM, #4
          Reply RE: WHY!??!?!?!?, Taichabel (Guest), 22-Jun-09 05:58 PM, #7

Susu (Guest)Sun 21-Jun-09 11:00 PM

#81757, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Balgrim the Grand Master of C..."
In response to Reply #0

I won't say I'm sorry for getting you as often as I did, that's what we were supposed to do and you came after me whenever you could. Which I applaud, and was one of the reasons you were among the majority of people I killed in that I took little or nothing from your corpses. You never complained that I recall and most of the time you were ready to rumble. Whether that's a result of being a shifter with forms that can rock right off the bat or as a result of playstyle, I don't know, and don't much care, I appreciated it.

Hope there were no ill feelings personally.

p.s. Now that I'm not playing an assassin, may I give you some advice? It should be a very, very, very rare thing for a mage to leave their guild on their feet. Unless you can see hidden (which frankly too many people can, imho) or you have some way to be invulnerable, you should always assume you're being stalked. I think I got you in udgaard two or three times just because you walked in and out of your guild rather than teleport or word or some other mode of transportation. Shifting to walk out in form doesn't help (unless it's a form that can detect hidden) against assassinate, and I got the sense you thought it might since that's what you'd often do. Just some friendly advice. GLWYN

Balgrim (Guest)Sun 21-Jun-09 11:09 PM

#81758, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Balgrim the Grand Master of C..."
In response to Reply #2

No hard feelings. The only thing that bothered me was 2 of those assassinations were less than 8 minutes of me logging in. That's why I walked out of there instead of wording/teleporting. I didn't really expect stalking to be a problem in that short amount of time.

Balgrim (Guest)Sun 21-Jun-09 11:21 PM

#81760, "As a side note"
In response to Reply #3

I was always curious about the whole gear thing. Guess that answers it. You at least generally took my wands and such. Which I expected at the very least. I did however notice a disturbing lack of other ragers doing the same. I don't think I ever had anything other than gold looted from me from any other rager deaths. I had the same set of gear for most of my life which was just strange to me. The fact that all the other ragers left my wands and all never really settled right with me though.

Susu (Guest)Mon 22-Jun-09 12:08 AM

#81762, "RE: As a side note"
In response to Reply #5

I agree. I think the whole "looting is bad" thing has gone way too far, to the point where what you're describing happens, which really makes no sense.

As for the timing thing, I had no idea you were that recently logged on (not that it really would have made a difference, mind you). I just happened to find you in my regular perambulations around thera. I had a somewhat typical route of about a dozen-15 areas that I think cover 90% of the playerbase at any given time. If I didn't find anyone I'd start widening to lower percentage places. So while I understand the frustration you felt, please don't think there was anything deliberate about it. And, of course, my advice goes just the same whether you're logged on for 5 seconds or 5 hours. Assume an assassin was in the room when you logged on even. I killed someone in the shifter guild who logged on while I was there, having killed the guildguardian a while back for someone else. You really never know.

And yeah, I'm ####ing it up for any future assassins of mine or anyone else's.

Taichabel (Guest)Mon 22-Jun-09 06:00 PM

#81800, "SHHHHHH"
In response to Reply #5

It's okay that they leave wands, really it is. I don't mind it a bit!

Taichabel (Guest)Sun 21-Jun-09 06:26 PM

#81742, "WHY!??!?!?!?"
In response to Reply #0

Well, that is horrible to see, enjoyed exploring with you and the few times we fought together. GLWYN

Graelik (Guest)Sun 21-Jun-09 11:13 PM

#81759, "RE: WHY!??!?!?!?"
In response to Reply #1

This was my first hero after not playing for about 5 years. I took the def/off approach for survivability and it did that quite well. The problem I ran into was the same problem I ran into with def/off shifters I've had in the past. I tend to get bored of them.

The interactions I had with you were enjoyable. Would have liked to have done some more exploring with you but at the timeframe we played together in the 5-10 ragers in pk made that less than simple.

Taichabel (Guest)Mon 22-Jun-09 05:58 PM

#81799, "RE: WHY!??!?!?!?"
In response to Reply #4

Yea it's hard to get anything other than defending or trying to retreive done and still be a good nexun (or is it nexan?).

Well roll another character that you won't get bored with and come back to nexus

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #81741 Previous topic | Next topic