Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Findo Gask the Grand Master of Change..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #81109
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 09-Jun-09 05:48 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17209 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81109, "(DELETED) [SCION] Findo Gask the Grand Master of Changelings"

Tue Jun 9 17:47:01 2009

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Findo perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:137

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbye, Findo (Guest), 10-Jun-09 03:07 AM, #1
     Reply Yeah... Perhaps some shouldn't have been inducted..., Zubi (Guest), 10-Jun-09 08:05 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Goodbye, Isildur, 10-Jun-09 09:06 AM, #3
     Reply Not me. I would have never come out of cat hide. n/t, Lightmaged (Guest), 10-Jun-09 05:11 PM, #17
     Reply RE: Not me. I would have never come out of cat hide. ..., Isildur, 10-Jun-09 05:49 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Goodbye, Abernytee (Guest), 11-Jun-09 04:19 AM, #19
     Reply So did the Void win? did you get John Ross? You dirty d..., Curious Man (Guest), 10-Jun-09 12:46 PM, #4
     Reply Why are you too much of a #### to post with a real moni..., lurker, 10-Jun-09 01:30 PM, #5
     Reply Not too ####, too lazy to log in. And I only caught it ..., Treebeard, 10-Jun-09 02:00 PM, #8
          Reply Probably too busy typing with one hand, lurker, 10-Jun-09 02:47 PM, #9
     Reply Damn, I knew that sounded familiar! (n/t), Daevryn, 10-Jun-09 01:49 PM, #6
     Reply I have absolutely no clue as to what you are talking ab..., Findo (Guest), 10-Jun-09 03:27 PM, #11
          Reply Terri Brooks The Word and the Void, Rayihn, 10-Jun-09 04:21 PM, #14
               Reply Just googled him and damn that American for stealing Sc..., Findo (Guest), 10-Jun-09 04:34 PM, #15
                    Reply Is there a little stream and waterfall in that village?, Dragomir, 11-Jun-09 11:24 AM, #20
                         Reply Yes and the Gask is the river that runs through~, Abernytee (Guest), 11-Jun-09 03:01 PM, #22
     Reply Problem with your role..., Daevryn, 10-Jun-09 01:53 PM, #7
          Reply Not so much, Findo (Guest), 10-Jun-09 03:24 PM, #10
          Reply Also with regards to cat bit., Findo (Guest), 10-Jun-09 03:48 PM, #12
          Reply I am getting like daurwyn for replying multiple times b..., Findo (Guest), 10-Jun-09 04:37 PM, #16
          Reply kekeke, Dwoggurd, 10-Jun-09 04:21 PM, #13
          Reply I think Findo has a point., Minyar1 (Guest), 11-Jun-09 01:31 PM, #21

Findo (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 03:07 AM

#81117, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

Findo was a break from my preferred combination of air and offense; a break that I really wish I did not take. I love the freedom of the air forms and the speed of hunting ppl, getting preps etc that it affords you. When Utility took the nerf about movement costs it was a serious blow to getting from A to B. Fox was amazing at running about Thera prior to the changes to movement costs and afterwards it was too tired to do much after a run from arkham to galadon!

Findo's role was something I really enjoyed to begin with and I tried to use lots of, in character, experiences to mold and change his role as he went....such as the completeion of a complex quest about magic that improved his speech from the broken English to competant English. I had a pretty solid set of rods (old system) which involved pretty tough mobs for solo killing and as I did not have a regen form it made for a laborious process at best. In the beginning this was fine but towards the end I was less inclined to spend 75% of a login to get a wand that would be wasted inside the next login because of large raids from Fort/Village/Empire/Outlander.

The archmage is far far far far far too easy to take down. It leaves so little opportunity to get back and defend it. One instance saw 3 imperial warriors kill the nightwalker and the archmage before I could word from Modan to arkham, heal twice at the healer, put up a/b/s and use fox run to the Chasm. They had Dten with them also so trying to kill them as Fox or Lion, when they had a pocket healer was pointless but I could have taken one or maybe two down had it been at the archmage. In comparison to the watcher when myself and another Lion had little chance of taking the orb because of all the damned light of the heavens and the forts ability to return right to the cabal. Anyway, I digress from my goodbye.

I lost interest in Findo a while back when the Chasm was suddenly inundated with shapeshifters. Up until then it had been a tough life, as scion always is, often being the lone scion and I would have welcomed the company had they not all been shapeshifters and some of which I would not have inducted but the assassin just went OTT on the induction. (Say no more as some are still active).

Forms: I chose utility/offense purely for RP reasons as Findo's background was all about 'a cat' and I had hoped for the cat form and if not, the combination of utility and offense gave me the best chance of a feline form. I was, therefore, made up when I got the cat form, which I loved and then later the Lion form, even though Cobra/Tiger was my ultimate wish for Tier 1's and Cheetah/Gator as a close second. Only regretful form was giant toad.....it is rubbish, even with the bite change (thank you Zulgh btw) and leech would have been so much better.....I just need a bit of regen as healing by normal means is too time consuming either by getting the coins or just sleeping although catnap was very useful and better than nothing.

Marcatis and Imms: I am sorry if this comes off as ungrateful and maybe I am but I entered the role contest to bring new interest and life back to my character and when I placed third I thought 'Cool' and logged on to see that I was awarded 'Ferocity of the tiger' which is just rubbish compared to so many other greater enlivens. I know it fitted the cat theme of my role but so does relentlessness of the jaguar and it would have been more useful to me. I would never use ferocity over resilience of the hyena. I thought it was a lame award and this was made even worse then I found out that Dierj got a Tier 2 form as a reward for a third place finish! It still is not clear either, whether a third place finish rules you out of further role contests as Imms say that some Imms will and some wont.....How about a definitive list of who does and doesn't!?

So I was deflated by this and tried over the next couple of weeks to get back into Findo but ended up just playing him like a throwaway. I fought villagers and others without a/b/s which I only did occassionally before and ultimately just deleted rather than take up a place in Scion.

That's it really.

Zubi (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 08:05 AM

#81119, "Yeah... Perhaps some shouldn't have been inducted..."
In response to Reply #1

...But, all of them did well enough in the interviews, they aided in retrieving and had their wands. (at least I was thought they did.)

I liked Findo, to bad I didn't get to see you online that much. Only at the beginning of Zubi's life.

Good luck with your next.

IsildurWed 10-Jun-09 09:06 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81120, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #1

I think you were Kasir's first PK death. That was a fight that, had I not been a goodie fort guy, I would have skipped. Maybe I should have even as a goodie fort guy. But hey, it ended up being a semi-decent fight, and that wouldn't have happened if I'd done the "smart" thing. Hope you enjoyed killing me.

Who is this, btw? Lightmage?

Lightmaged (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 05:11 PM

#81150, "Not me. I would have never come out of cat hide. n/t"
In response to Reply #3

n/t

IsildurWed 10-Jun-09 05:49 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#81151, "RE: Not me. I would have never come out of cat hide. ..."
In response to Reply #17

He was fox/lion at the time. With a nightwalker. Against a ~45 thief. At least I got to make good PK use of gentlewalk!

Abernytee (Guest)Thu 11-Jun-09 04:19 AM

#81177, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #3

Was me and it was a really close fight. Not sure if I was wanded up for it as from time to time (being a chaotic) I just never used them to see what would happen. I was tempted to flee and rehasten myself but figured rake would do it. You were very tough for a thief and the scroll knowledge told me it was a vet. I did enjoy the kill but did not hang about as I was pretty close to death and have been caught a few times by random passers-by attacking me and killing me with one hit.

-----Abernyte

Curious Man (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 12:46 PM

#81123, "So did the Void win? did you get John Ross? You dirty d..."
In response to Reply #1

really though, that name, first and last, is STRAIGHT out of a book. A good book, mind you, and i'm glad you went scion, but still - i had to fight the urge to tell you the word would kick your ass.

lurkerWed 10-Jun-09 01:30 PM
Member since 13th Mar 2006
249 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81124, "Why are you too much of a #### to post with a real moni..."
In response to Reply #4

C'mon Curious Man, Curious Lurker wants to know

TreebeardWed 10-Jun-09 02:00 PM
Member since 12th Oct 2004
268 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#81127, "Not too ####, too lazy to log in. And I only caught it ..."
In response to Reply #5

Ass fag.

lurkerWed 10-Jun-09 02:47 PM
Member since 13th Mar 2006
249 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81132, "Probably too busy typing with one hand"
In response to Reply #8

Redtube ftl

DaevrynWed 10-Jun-09 01:49 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#81125, "Damn, I knew that sounded familiar! (n/t)"
In response to Reply #4

Findo (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 03:27 PM

#81141, "I have absolutely no clue as to what you are talking ab..."
In response to Reply #4

Findo Gask is the name of a small village in Scotland that I have driven past the motorway sign for about 100 times. I thought it would be a great name for a gnome which was my original idea but then Findo the cat was born during a rather dull science lesson.

RayihnWed 10-Jun-09 04:21 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#81147, "Terri Brooks The Word and the Void"
In response to Reply #11

Really great series actually.

Findo (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 04:34 PM

#81148, "Just googled him and damn that American for stealing Sc..."
In response to Reply #14

~

DragomirThu 11-Jun-09 11:24 AM
Member since 09th Mar 2006
220 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81184, "Is there a little stream and waterfall in that village?"
In response to Reply #15

Or perhaps just outside of it? I'm guessing there very well maybe one...

Abernytee (Guest)Thu 11-Jun-09 03:01 PM

#81200, "Yes and the Gask is the river that runs through~"
In response to Reply #20

~

DaevrynWed 10-Jun-09 01:53 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#81126, "Problem with your role..."
In response to Reply #1

The problem with your role is that it's all about you're a cat, you really want to be a cat, etc. etc. etc... and then you end up with cat and lion and there's nothing in there about that.

When we ran our role contest I read your role, thought about picking you as a runner up or something and giving you cat. When I saw you already had had it for a while, it really made me go from thinking the role was kind of cool to thinking it was kind of dumb, and I decided to pass on picking it.

Marcatis then picked you in his contest and he's like, I just want to give this guy cat as a reward. I told you him you already had it and at that point, yeah, you ended up with an extra greater enliven instead. After seeing you bitch about how useless it was on the forums I kinda wished we hadn't even given you that.

Findo (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 03:24 PM

#81140, "Not so much"
In response to Reply #7

Not so much bitching but trying to find out from anyone else what I was missing with the Greater enliven to warrant it being the prize. I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of most things so was convasing opinion.

The cat form I already thought was a result of an Imm, such as yourself, changing my forms to make it happen so I was really pleased. You eluded to doing something like that for an other character(s.

Guess it wasn't.

Findo (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 03:48 PM

#81143, "Also with regards to cat bit."
In response to Reply #7

>When we ran our role contest I read your role, thought about
>picking you as a runner up or something and giving you cat.
>When I saw you already had had it for a while, it really made
>me go from thinking the role was kind of cool to thinking it
>was kind of dumb, and I decided to pass on picking it.

I had the role before I got the forms, which must be quite novel but Findo spent more time lazing about and wandering about in the cat form than he did any other. He loved having it. If snooped for any length of time it would have been noticed.

Findo (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 04:37 PM

#81149, "I am getting like daurwyn for replying multiple times b..."
In response to Reply #12

Findo's role was not about wanting to be a cat. He thought he still was for a long time and acted like it. In his role he does begin to see the great uses that come with being human and having other forms. It was never about being a cat but punishing the gnomes for what they did and ultimately destroying the world and his body to use up his nine lives to move on. Oh well, no more from me at this point as I am tired.

DwoggurdWed 10-Jun-09 04:21 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
#81146, "kekeke"
In response to Reply #7

You just gave me a hope that:

role + I dream to be a golden dragon.

May actually work!

Minyar1 (Guest)Thu 11-Jun-09 01:31 PM

#81191, "I think Findo has a point."
In response to Reply #7

My reward of Crag Soarer for runner up was quite a bit better than a greater enliven for a runner up. I was super excited to get it, but I can see how Findo would feel "let down" with just that. I think that combined with something else might have been really cool too. Or...maybe another feline form?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #81109 Previous topic | Next topic