Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Dorz the Dweller of the Wilds" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #81015
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 06-Jun-09 06:04 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81015, "(DELETED) [None] Dorz the Dweller of the Wilds"

Sat Jun 6 18:01:52 2009

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Dorz perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:487

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Swist Dorz (Guest)Mon 08-Jun-09 07:42 PM

#81065, "Gone again"
In response to Reply #0

Here goes my come-back char.
I think I started playing CF in 96.
Sadly after all these years this little flying text game (CF) lost its magic for me.

I've made Dorz to see how CF is doing nowadays (after 2 years absence) and to explore new places.
CF is doing alright, nothing much changed (from player's perspective).
Thera felt kinda small though. I was able to run by foot from the new Icewindale to the end of Hardan Forest in about 2 mins.

Exploration was done quickly enough so I was twiddling my fingers for the better half of my 500 RL hours life.
Collecting shinnies and talking/helping various people.
Speaking of exploration, I was disappointed Silent Tower got closed again.
Also Hell ought to have alternative access to lower circles for goodies. F@cking animals is hard to justify for them (and me).

Collecting edge points felt kinda annoying. I think I maxed out my exploration/observation/trade gains pretty fast.
And it felt like Imms rewarded people based on how many role chapters people put in.

As for RP angle, being neutral ranger with pacifistic views worked out quite well for me.
People realized I was not interested in fighting them and all left me alone.
Uh, with one exception called Kjrorh.
Who I felt was just a wanton murderer who tried assassinate/slay everybody in PK for absolutely no reason.

I made quite a few friends over my char's life.
But people tended to delete/con-die before I get to know them well.

Beib - I knew Ahtieli had belt I was looking for. But basically I was not interested in it any more.
I tried to get things which helped me in explorations. But if I no longer exploring, these is no point in getting it.

Nian - It was in my role not to take sides. I think I explained it to everybody willing to listen.
Though sometimes I felt certain people needed a good kick in the ass.

Vythigor - I was not tough at all. I could not PK even if my life depended on it. Rangers suck outside of wilderness.
And I lost my fast camo because of exploring non-wilderness places. Vuln to blunt also makes many opponents extra hard. But in caves I tanked crazy good. I solo explored Yzekon/Aran'gird/Underdark Mines killing everything on my way.

So long,

-Swist

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Mon 08-Jun-09 07:53 PM

#81067, "Belt"
In response to Reply #4

It has somewhat different name from what you said when asked if I have it. So I said I don't.

NianMon 08-Jun-09 10:36 AM
Member since 05th Jun 2009
77 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81047, "Oh man"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 08-Jun-09 11:30 AM

You were on my 'people I forgot on my goodbye' list, I knew it the moment I hit submit. So, here I am

It's a shame Rangers are so hard to spot. Dorz was a good friend and I would have liked to see more of you. I always sorta expected you to take sides, one day, but it never happened. It's a good way to gather cool points

See you with the next!

Beib (Guest)Sun 07-Jun-09 03:20 AM

#81020, "That sucks"
In response to Reply #0

Really enjoyed travelling and interacting with you. Thanks for showing me a few things and for all the interesting gear. Was looking forward to finding that belt for you but alas it never happened. GLWYN.

Vythigor (Guest)Sat 06-Jun-09 06:45 PM

#81017, "You'll be missed..."
In response to Reply #0

... thanks for showing me around and thank you for your patience. You were probably the toughest ranger I knew.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #81015 Previous topic | Next topic